PDA

View Full Version : Designing Videos for Women Voters

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Since there seems to be a gender gap for Paul support, I'd be happy to do some videos that would help close that gap... but I'm not a woman.

Would some of the women on here be willing to post on this thread any ideas you have that would help make an effective video to convince a woman to vote for Ron Paul?

My "What Did You Learn In School Today" video has made the point with some women involved in homeschooling.

RevolutionSD
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Since there seems to be a gender gap for Paul support, I'd be happy to do some videos that would help close that gap... but I'm not a woman.

Would some of the women on here be willing to post on this thread any ideas you have that would help make an effective video to convince a woman to vote for Ron Paul?

My "What Did You Learn In School Today" video has made the point with some women involved in homeschooling.

FANTASTIC idea!

autobot
12-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Thank you for tackling this issue in a positive way. You are wonderful. Education, ending the war, the rising costs of living such as food and fuel. Women do care about the facts. Don't use men's music. Use a woman's song and images of women working hard. Keep it non sexual, appeal to intellect and the super busy, hard working lives of women who work non-stop at work then at home.

Women care about the falling dollar tremendously. They earn 70 percent of what men do for the same job so this huge with women.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Thank you for tackling this issue in a positive way. You are wonderful. Education, ending the war, the rising costs of living such as food and fuel. Women do care about the facts. Don't use men's music. Use a woman's song and images of women working hard. Keep it non sexual, appeal to intellect and the super busy, hard working lives of women who work non-stop at work then at home.

Women care about the falling dollar tremendously. They earn 70 percent of what men do for the same job so this huge with women.

Thanks, that's a good start on ideas.

Would something like "She Works Hard for Her Money" be good music? How about some other suggestions for music.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
FANTASTIC idea!

Glad you like it. BTW, the info we develop here won't be my exclusive domain. :D

I hope lots of people will use what we discover here to make powerful videos!

SlapItHigh
12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
We discussed some ideas for videos in an earlier thread. I'll see if I can find it. But, in the mean time some issues that would be great in a video geared toward women:

the draft
the war
education freedom
birth freedom
health freedom
ending mandatory vaccinations
weak dollar

spivey378
12-04-2007, 06:40 PM
peep this vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8GW3Zta7Ypo

noztnac
Not all women are the same. I'd say make a few specifically targeted videos.

If women are pro life focus on his opposition to abortion.
If they are pro choice focus on their opposition to the war.

Either way emphasize the need for sound monetary policy.

Make three DVDs and take them house to house. Ask the person what is important to them and give them the corresponding DVD.

FreeTraveler
We discussed some ideas for videos in an earlier thread. I'll see if I can find it. But, in the mean time some issues that would be great in a video geared toward women:

the draft
the war
education freedom
birth freedom
health freedom
ending mandatory vaccinations
weak dollar

Okay, until I get some new ones specifically for this, can I suggest my videos "Peace Train" for the war, "What Did You Learn In School Today" for education, and "When We Were Young" for the war from a baby boomer's perspective? They're all in my signature.

If you care to comment on any of these videos from a woman's perspective, it will help me tremendously.

curtisag
12-04-2007, 06:46 PM
This is a great thread. I wanted ideas like this in my thread about the gender gap, but I guess I didn't set it up right. I love women and I know there are millions out there waiting for Ron Paul's message.

My ideas:

Promote the fact he's an OBGYN (delivered 4000 babies, been taking care of women's health his entire career)

Promote he's a doctor, not a wishy washy lawyer

Promote his ideas for alternative health care

Promote our civil liberties and right to privacy

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
peep this vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8GW3Zta7Ypo

I added that one and the one about Ron Paul Re: women voters by the same creator to my favorites lists for future study.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
forget abortion. it is too much of a complicated topic.

Deal with the war. Sons, grandsons, daughters, granddaughters and

A DRAFT

because our troops are already stretched thin...

and the neocons want to go into Iran...

How long have we been in Iraq?

No troops= draft (a few politicans have already mentioned it..remember?)

Draft= kids dying for issues that don't even relate to our national security...

but is about oil instead....

And add a God Bless our troops.. cause you don't want to look like you are dissing those who are over there right now....

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
For an anti-war video, I have James Taylor singing "For Johnny Has Gone A Soldier"; the lyrics of course have been changed to be second person istead of first. (ie: Here she sits on Buttermilk Hill, etc.)

Here I sit on Buttermilk Hill
Who can blame me, cryin' my fill
And ev'ry tear would turn a mill,
Johnny has gone for a soldier.

Me, oh my, I loved him so,
Broke my heart to see him go,
And only time will heal my woe,

I'll sell my rod, I'll sell my reel,
Likewise I'll sell my spinning wheel,
And buy my love a sword of steel,

I'll dye my dress, I'll dye it red,
And through the streets I'll beg for bread,
For the lad that I love from me has fled,

What say you?

autobot
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, that's a good start on ideas.

Would something like "She Works Hard for Her Money" be good music? How about some other suggestions for music.

This would be great with information about loss of buying power. The price tag on a dozen eggs here in Vegas made me stop and stare and start talking to the other customers. And I am not the kind to notice such things at all. I like the one posters idea about doing the different videos, but I don't think abortion is the most important topic women at all. Plus, its so devisive. Not saying its not really important but so many women in particular in this country are struggling just to get by and raise families, many times alone. I just think the money issue is the main issue.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm watching the "Peace Train" one and it is good, but what I have in mind would be different in terms of a draft one. So you could have both.

This one would be patriotic... families.... small kids... flags, etc... Ron Paul, of course, soldiers in uniform, basic Iraq scenes (no gore or saddnes... just factual issues.. no saddness because you don't want it sanguine and partonizing) ... maybe even some shots of civil disobedience...

You know, power to the people... and moms protect their children...

Strong Women.... just off the top of my head without thought... sufferage shots... Susan B. Antony.... and to balance her, Dorothy Day... the founder of the Catholic worker movement (now associated Catholic Charities) Hell, even Betsy Ross... women of history who made history.. who were informed... and who had a hand in changing the status quo....

From Wikipedia (Dorothy Day):
The Catholic Worker movement started with the Catholic Worker newspaper, created to stake out a neutral, pacifist, even anarchist position in the increasingly war-torn 1930s.

In 1972 Day was awarded the Pacem in Terris Award. It was named after a 1963 encyclical letter by Pope John XXIII that calls upon all people of good will to secure peace among all nations. Pacem in Terris is Latin for 'Peace on Earth.'

Not necessarily in the order I listed....

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm watching the "Peace Train" one and it is good, but what I have in mind would be different in terms of a draft one. So you could have both.

This one would be patriotic... families.... small kids... flags, etc... Ron Paul, of course, soldiers in uniform, basic Iraq scenes (no gore or saddnes... just factual issues.. no saddness because you don't want it sanguine and partonizing) ... maybe even some shots of civil disobedience...

You know, power to the people... and moms protect their children...

Strong Women.... just off the top of my head without thought... sufferage shots... Susan B. Antony.... Hell, even Betsy Ross... women of history who made history.. who were informed... adn who had a hand in changing the status quo....

Not necessarily in the order I listed....

I'm starting to "see" one about the war and draft from a woman's perspective. See the song by James Taylor I posted above. I may try to find it sung by a woman instead. I saw it as harsher than you described, so I'll stay away from the gore and stress the separation rather than the loss.

I like the other one with the hook to famous women. Any ideas for music for that one?

autobot
12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Also, we really need to show why Ron Paul's money and social welfare policies are going to help women more than Clinton's. Think about the plight of single and low income women and how perhaps the Democrat social programs they think will ensure their children's meals won't work as well Ron Paul solutions will work better.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
This would be great with information about loss of buying power. The price tag on a dozen eggs here in Vegas made me stop and stare and start talking to the other customers. And I am not the kind to notice such things at all. I like the one posters idea about doing the different videos, but I don't think abortion is the most important topic women at all. Plus, its so devisive. Not saying its not really important but so many women in particular in this country are struggling just to get by and raise families, many times alone. I just think the money issue is the main issue.

Now I just need to find a copy of that song as an MP3 file... looking now.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't think there is a gender gap. I know a ton of women who like Ron Paul. And my girlfriend likes the movies that our out there already. But whatever

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I edited my post after or at the same time as when you posted. Don't miss what I added-- some good stuff.

Exactly about less gore and more about separation rather than loss.

I'd prefer an acapella song by a woman or man... Peace Train is too uptempo. I'll help you find one...

Tina
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
forget abortion. it is too much of a complicated topic.

Deal with the war. Sons, grandsons, daughters, granddaughters and

A DRAFT

because our troops are already stretched thin...

and the neocons want to go into Iran...

How long have we been in Iraq?

No troops= draft (a few politicans have already mentioned it..remember?)

Draft= kids dying for issues that don't even relate to our national security...

but is about oil instead....

And add a God Bless our troops.. cause you don't want to look like you are dissing those who are over there right now....

Yes I agree. Show the dead Iraqi babies, and what DU has done to the newborns. Hit's us in a very emotional way.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I edited my post after or at the same time as when you posted. Don't miss what I added-- some good stuff.

Exactly about less gore and more about separation rather than loss.

I'd prefer an acapella song by a woman or man... Peace Train is too uptempo. I'll help you find one...

Great! It's really hard to find music files, that's the biggest problem when it comes to making videos.

autobot
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Great ideas from everyone. I like the idea of focusing on the monetary loss from the war and the gain of the military-industrial complex. People who have military family members are already going to vote for Ron Paul. Most people don't have a child at war, but we all have to pay for this war.

autobot
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Great! It's really hard to find music files, that's the biggest problem when it comes to making videos.

Where do you get the music files from? I can look for some.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 07:37 PM
No, no dead Iraqi babies and children. No collateral... it's distracting (even though it is true)... too incenderary.

I found some anti war songs from the 60s but I can't hear them:

http://www.jwsrockgarden.com/jw02vvaw.htm#sampling

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Where do you get the music files from? I can look for some.

I search Google, then view various found links. Once in a while I find something to download for free. I think I need to join something like MP3.com where I can buy tracks when I need them.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Got it!

"Time to sing a new song" By Sara Marlowe

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=154485

autobot
12-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I search Google, then view various found links. Once in a while I find something to download for free. I think I need to join something like MP3.com where I can buy tracks when I need them.

Is it legal to use a track you buy or someone else buys for you to use or is that copyright infringement? I would help but I am so clueless. I did download iTunes onto my computer, but have never used it. I only download books onto my MP3 player.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I have no clue about that. The link I posted is free, but I guess it can't hurt to e-mail her and ask permission to use it in a video attempting to convince neocon women that war is bad and that a peace presidential candidate is better than one who voted for the war.

autobot
12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I have no clue about that. The link I posted is free, but I guess it can't hurt to e-mail her and ask permission to use it in a video attempting to convince neocon women that war is bad and that a peace presidential candidate is better than one who voted for the war.

I like the song you found.

thehittgirl
12-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Today was not the first time hearing about "control of the uterus." I do believe that it really needs to be stressed that Ron Paul has NO desire to control a woman's right to choose but leave it up to the states. I know he said this on the View today. I was getting a feeling that this was hard for the ladies to grasp...or something....

Maybe it was because they were all talking over each other...but anyhow...his stance should be reiterated.

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
O.K. Here's what I see:

Clip of mother and child... maybe waiting for Daddy to come home from war.... then clip to Charles Rangle talking a year or so ago about a draft... then ron paul montage...then to civil disobedience people protesting war...or holding war signs... or something... then clip to Bush talking about bad Iran... then maybe words about strong women changing history... then Ron Paul again... maybe even clip to the part of this link about this woman having a 10 year old son: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EuNgqIiz60 and only wanting just wars...

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Seriously. I went out and bought live chickens (when in a rural area, do as rural people do) for the eggs. :eek: And I have a moratorium on milk right now because the kids waste it too much and it is 4.00 ++ for a gallon. That's obscene.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I have to have an MP3 or equivalent file to use it in a video. Although copyright does apply, I believe fair use applys as long as the cut isn't used for commercial purposes. That's why you find a lot of copyright material used on YouTube, as far as I know.

Nefertiti
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
This would be great with information about loss of buying power. The price tag on a dozen eggs here in Vegas made me stop and stare and start talking to the other customers.

Where I buy my eggs the price has gone up 50% in the last few weeks.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
O.K. Here's what I see:

Clip of mother and child... maybe waiting for Daddy to come home from war.... then clip to Charles Rangle talking a year or so ago about a draft... then ron paul montage...then to civil disobedience people protesting war...or holding war signs... or something... then clip to Bush talking about bad Iran... then maybe words about strong women changing history... then Ron Paul again... maybe even clip to the part of this link about this woman having a 10 year old son: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EuNgqIiz60 and only wanting just wars...

Nicely described. Thanks for the help. I'll take a stab at something tomorrow, but it takes a few days to get a good video together.

Are any other video makers watching this thread with plans to make use of these suggestions?

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I won't be offended if you take this in a different direction... you have the creative control of the content. :)

autobot
12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Seriously. I went out and bought live chickens (when in a rural area, do as rural people do) for the eggs. :eek: And I have a moratorium on milk right now because the kids waste it too much and it is 4.00 ++ for a gallon. That's obscene.

Wow!!! That's really taking charge of the matter. Good luck with the chickens! I think we need some grocery store shots in a video!! Who knew eggs and milk could be a hot button issue! :) Seriously, for the women I know, who tend to be fairly wealthy, private school set. Buying food and gas is really getting out of hand! Perhaps men feel this way, too. But I mostly talk to women.

ShowMeLiberty
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey, I just found this site: Women's Voices. Women Vote. (http://www.wvwv.org/research ) which is full of hard research about women's political views and how they get the news. Check it out - it might give you some better insight into what to put in a video.

The number one issue? Getting out of Iraq. Topic of least concern? Preserving abortion rights.
(http://www.wvwv.org/assets/2007/10/22/threec.pdf)

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey, I just found this site: Women's Voices. Women Vote. (http://www.wvwv.org/research ) which is full of hard research about women's political views and how they get the news. Check it out - it might give you some better insight into what to put in a video.

The number one issue? Getting out of Iraq. Topic of least concern? Preserving abortion rights.
(http://www.wvwv.org/assets/2007/10/22/threec.pdf)

Great help! Thanks!

Platondas
12-04-2007, 11:48 PM
A good peace of music for women missing their husbands and children at war but thats also a little patriotic, is "Come home soon" (countrY)