PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Now #1 Republican on FaceBook!

walt
06-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah! We did it! Congrats people! :D

http://www.techpresident.com/

~1000 more needed to say the same on Myspace! Keep going! :D

The campgain needs to post more official videos in the channel - I vote for the May 22 Cspan speech - it's very effective. :D

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 07:04 AM
I agree; they should.

Man, Obama sure has a lot of Facebook folks. Makes our numbers pale in comparison. Why do so many people like him? I don't get it. Are these just die-hard Democrats who are voting for the lesser-of-2-evils or do they just not know about Ron Paul?

Buzz
06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
He just passed 10,000 supporters on facebook! :D

JaylieWoW
06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed and I'm not sure if some event or big speech occurred, but Obama's numbers on YouTube views jumped from 1.8 million to 3.4 million over the course of about a week +/-.

Did anything special happen with him sometime around mid-June?

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 08:12 AM
~1000 more needed to say the same on Myspace! Keep going! :D

Good news on that frontline. Ron Paul's myspace members grew at a rate of 5.9% in 5 days (6/22 to 6/27). John McCain's only grew at a rate of 2.5% in the same time period. (I track it). If that continues, Ron Paul should surpass him in a couple weeks (assuming McCain site isn't slow on accepting their friend applications).

yongrel
06-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Obama's numbers are inflated because he's "cool" with the high school crowd, who don't understand his platform. I doubt very much that half of those facebook supporters will be able to vote come primaries.

Delivered4000
06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree; they should.

Man, Obama sure has a lot of Facebook folks. Makes our numbers pale in comparison. Why do so many people like him? I don't get it. Are these just die-hard Democrats who are voting for the lesser-of-2-evils or do they just not know about Ron Paul?

They probably think supporting Obama is the politically correct thing to do. Perhaps some are party line voters and others are demographic voters.

kimosabi
06-28-2007, 08:33 AM
I wonder if Obama understands "Fractional Reserve Banking" works

Didn't he just vote for the Immigration Bill?

I really don't like him, he's sooo, insincere....

He makes a lot of noise but doesn't actually say anything...

UCFGavin
06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
I agree; they should.

he has more people, but our facebook group destroyed his in terms of fundraising. His group has about 300,000 in it and they raised about $17,000 in over 3 months. Our facebook group has about 13,500 and we raised about $22,000 in about 2 weeks.

we dominate all of the debates in the election thread and are very passionate and intelligent when it comes to overall politics.

carla8478
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I just noticed it, I had been tracking it closely over the fast few days and forgot to check it until just recently. Yay! We passed McCain in the dust. As of right now we have 109 more supporters. Keep spreading the word though guys, we don't want a tortoise and the hare incident. We need a more comfortable margin.

njandrewg
06-28-2007, 10:54 PM
maybe by groups...but we still are behind Rudy on the newswine facebook app
1-Obama 24% 31,189
2-Rudy 9% 11,658
3-Clinton 7% 9,437
4-Ron Paul 7% 9,369

DAZ
06-28-2007, 11:00 PM
maybe by groups...but we still are behind Rudy on the newswine facebook app
1-Obama 24% 31,189
2-Rudy 9% 11,658
3-Clinton 7% 9,437
4-Ron Paul 7% 9,369

Maybe it's just me, but I don't have any of those apps. Can't shake the feeling that there's something spyware-ish about them. :(

Therion
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't have any of those apps. Can't shake the feeling that there's something spyware-ish about them. :(

That's because they are spyware- not the kind that will hurt your computer, but still.

angrydragon
06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/elections

It's not spyware.

richard1984
06-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I think that the most important thing is for Dr. Paul to win the Republican nomination. We all know that he will completely dominate in the debates at that point. The Democrat nominee won't be able to touch him. I think at that point the hardest thing will be to get loyal Democrats to vote for the right person--even if he is a Republican! :eek:

Political parties are so stupid. A couple of months ago--before I was blown away by Dr. Paul in the first Republican debate--I figured I was going to vote for a Democrat (to try to get far, far away from Bush and his stinch). Honestly, I was thinking I'd probably less-than-half-heartedly vote for Obama. I figured he still had an intact soul (though probably confused and misled) since he's still young, so maybe he had potential. And, if nothing else, at least he seems to have a good, strong wife, so surely things couldn't be too bad. Of course, the problem is that Obama doesn't know what he thinks yet. Maybe if we are fortunate enough to have Ron Paul as our next president, Obama will be converted.

But regardless, Dr. Paul will school everyone who tries to take him on!
Of course, I like the school of Dr. Ron Paul, but demons seem to be a bit adverse to it.

ScotTX
06-29-2007, 10:27 AM
bump.

austinphish
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Our facebook group has about 13,500 and we raised about $22,000 in about 2 weeks.

we dominate all of the debates in the election thread and are very passionate and intelligent when it comes to overall politics.

Nice. I think what you are doing is very important. An example of internet work that has concrete benefits to Ron Paul.