PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul and Christie Left Out at Primary NRA Event in Nashville

AuH20
04-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Invited Santorum and Huckabee over those 2? What? I wonder if this is payback for Rand working with GOA?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/07/chris-christie-rand-paul-not-invited-to-address-nra-forum-in-nashville/

Jeremy
04-08-2015, 11:58 AM
They probably feel uneasy about his support of more principled gun rights groups.

Mr.NoSmile
04-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Baker also pointed out that some of the forum speakers approached the NRA to seek the chance, but Paul did not.

On March 29, Breitbart News reported that Christie was one of two GOP presidential hopefuls that does not own a gun.

...or perhaps Paul just didn't want to go.

Krugminator2
04-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Pretty glaring omission. Guessing is has to do with Paul's strong ties to NAGR which criticizes NRA heavily and is joined at the hip to Paul.

Also, I think Grover Norquist is a very strong behind scenes ally of Rand, and he might be on the outs with the NRA after the whole "secret Muslim" stuff. Doubt there is connection but worth throwing out.

William Tell
04-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Why not invite Christie? He has a record of undermining the 2nd Amendment just like the NRA does.

William Tell
04-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Look at those morons in the Breitbart comments. Some of them are insinuating that Rand Paul is not pro gun. Rand has the best record on guns of any candidate running.

AuH20
04-09-2015, 08:55 AM
A horrible photo done intentionally to make him look unhinged.

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2015/04/09/why-does-the-nra-suddenly-hate-rand/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1428589337027.cached.jpg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/09/why-does-the-nra-suddenly-hate-rand.html

However, a source with knowledge of Paul’s dealings with the NRA said the claim that he did not request an invitation to the convention was “not true.”

Further, the source said, “Is that really how invitations work?”

Paul has an A-rating from the NRA, but the objective grading of his gun-rights credentials has little to do with the politics of the pro-gun lobby, wherein his involvement with extremist groups tied to his father, former congressman and libertarian-icon Ron Paul, has not won him many friends.

“Sometimes the NRA doesn’t like it when people are bigger defenders of the issue than they are,” the source suggested. “They also don’t like it that he helps other, stronger groups like the Gun Owners of America and the National Association for Gun Rights.”

Todd
04-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Look at those morons in the Breitbart comments. Some of them are insinuating that Rand Paul is not pro gun. Rand has the best record on guns of any candidate running.

Which is why most of these people keep losing their gun rights and can't figure out why.

KCIndy
04-09-2015, 01:31 PM

Which is why most of these people keep losing their gun rights and can't figure out why.

But... but... but.... Mr. Obama told me that if I like my guns, I can keep my guns. Just like how I can keep my doctor if I like... uh..... ummmm..... Heyyyyyy, wait a minute!

:confused::confused:

randomname
04-09-2015, 01:45 PM
This makes him appear insignificant and people are already twisting this into "not even the NRA will invite him"

Stratovarious
04-09-2015, 01:53 PM
NRA Bosses' are lame to not welcome their competitors and supporters of those competitors, it leaves them sounding like
this is all about $$$$$$ and sponsorships ergo more $$$$$.
Everyone and every institution fighting to regain control of our corrupt Government should be united, not divisive.

, ,

William Tell
04-09-2015, 01:55 PM
We need a grassroots campaign to expose these scumbag conmen once and for all.