PDA

View Full Version : The Credibility factor

mavtek
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
It's killing us, so many people don't think Ron Paul can win so they immediately dismiss him as a legitimate candidate. Why is this? What can we do about it?

I think we need a Shock and Awe factor. We need to do something about this immediately, something prior to the 16th.

This is the thread to come up with these ideas, thanks.

Real_CaGeD
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Tea party will shut them up.

We dont want a premature peak, like somebody else I know.

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
You've got it backwards. Put THEM on defense. We have a candidate who is honest and logical. Ask them who they support and simply compare notes on any issue. Ron Paul doesn't have a credibilty problem. His opponents do.

ThomasJ
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Tell them this....
The average turnout for Primaries is less than 10%.
Ask them what they think the chance that you yourself will be voting for Ron?
Then follow up with the vast majority of Ron Paul supporters are just as likely to vote.
That means 90% or more of RP supporters will vote for him in the primary.
If 90% of RP supporters vote for him that means he wins by a landslide.

If 10% of huckabee or ghouliani or romney supporters come out and vote we have the primaries in the bag.

We are currently polling at 9% nation wide (much higher than that is likely)
If 100% of 9% of 1000 people vote for Ron Paul
That is 90 votes for Ron Paul
If Romney has for instance 25% polling then he will likely have a base of 250 except only 10% are likely to vote which means he will only receive 25 votes

So 90 vs 25.

Our biggest weapon against the status quo is the Apathy they try so hard to instill.

Rob
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Thecaseforronpaul.com is always a good place to send people, in addition to the other things mentioned already. I would caution people about putting too much into the Tea Party (not monetarily of course!); we need to use all avenues available to promote and establish Ron Paul.

Pete
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Our biggest weapon against the status quo is the Apathy they try so hard to instill.

QFT

CelestialRender
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Thecaseforronpaul.com is always a good place to send people, in addition to the other things mentioned already. I would caution people about putting too much into the Tea Party (not monetarily of course!); we need to use all avenues available to promote and establish Ron Paul.

There's no such thing as over-hyping the Tea Party. At this point, it's poised to raise double what 11/5 did, and we all know how big a deal that was.

Add to it the Boston rally, with (possibly) The Blimp, and we have a killer cocktail for success.

Granted, nothing will be as big as 12/31, because then the other candidates have to admit that they all raised less money than RP did.

werdd
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
It's killing us, so many people don't think Ron Paul can win so they immediately dismiss him as a legitimate candidate. Why is this? What can we do about it?

I think we need a Shock and Awe factor. We need to do something about this immediately, something prior to the 16th.

This is the thread to come up with these ideas, thanks.

Hes going up in these polls, by friday i predict that we will be at 9% or so, and within MOE of everyone else. That is the MSM "Tipping point". They dont trust anything but the truth bending polls, and when our support is within MOE of all canidates, they will have to stop dismissing us.

ThomasJ
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Hes going up in these polls, by friday i predict that we will be at 9% or so, and within MOE of everyone else. That is the MSM "Tipping point". They dont trust anything but the truth bending polls, and when our support is within MOE of all canidates, they will have to stop dismissing us.

Do not expect anything from the MSM after RP gets over 10%. I honestly feel that even if RP was at 90% in the polls they still would be covering the anointed leaders that they have been cramming down peoples throats for more than a year.