PDA

View Full Version : I have still not received any emails asking to donate

Jeremy
04-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Considering that my email address is apparently on a billion lists, I'd think I would have gotten an email about donating to Rand by now. Anyone else?

I only got two emails related to Rand so far:

1) John Tate raising money for his PAC
2) The ACU promoting their video of Rand at CPAC

LatinsforPaul
04-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Check your spam or junk folder. I had three messages from Rand in there. :D

Jeremy
04-07-2015, 02:53 PM

Ah I got an email from an @RandPaul2016.com address. That sucks that they are being filtered to spam already. I suggest everyone adds their email addresses to their contacts to prevent that.

edit: Ted Cruz is also going to my Spam box

Suzanimal
04-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Tons of them from this email address.

Rand Paul rand.paul@randpaul2016.com

newbitech
04-07-2015, 02:57 PM

yep same here, their email batch sender probably hung and someone was impatient and clicked send a couple too many times. Thus, the spam.

Jeremy
04-07-2015, 02:59 PM
yep same here, their email batch sender probably hung and someone was impatient and clicked send a couple too many times. Thus, the spam.

Nah, their whole email address is probably being filtered by the email providers. That's how it works. If enough people mark it as spam, it will start going to everyone's spam box instead. I think the solution is that enough people have to add the address to their contacts.

newbitech
04-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Nah, their whole email address is probably being filtered by the email providers. That's how it works. If enough people mark it as spam, it will start going to everyone's spam box instead. I think the solution is that enough people have to add the address to their contacts.

I am saying that sending the message 3-4 times is spamming. no idea what different email filters are doing on the mail servers. But sending that many of the same message repeatedly in a short time is enough for me to click "SPAM" button.