PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - The Situation Room (12-04-07)

RP 247
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXKnpAmg1E

tsetsefly
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
thanks!

Goeran
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks!!! :)

curtisag
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Blitzer is OBSESSED with calling Ron Paul a libertarian. He drives me insane with that crap.

Patrick Henry
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Placemark

Real_CaGeD
12-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Pat just called americans stupid.

What else could his statements mean?

MrCoffee
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Awww, I wanted to see the rest of the interview with buchanan.

seapilot
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Wolf: that would be amazing truly amazing! ( when told that we could raise 10 mil on the 16th)

ConstitutionGal
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I thought it was a really segment. Too bad it was immediately followed up with Buchanan pointing out that although Dr Paul is RIGHT on every subject he mentioned, that he had NOT endorsed him. Then he went on to say that Dr. Paul wasn't going to win because it was going to be either Rudy, Romney or Huck that gets the nomination and that if Dr. Paul runs third-party that HE will PERSONALLY be responsible for putting a Democrat in the White House!!!! I could have cheerfully reached through my TV screen and chocked the daylights out of Buchanan when he said that. I used to somewhat respect Buchanan but, after this drivel, I now see him as the Washington Insider that he has become.

nbhadja
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
A positive interview for RP.
I have a feeling that 12/16 will be a "truly amazing" day!

Paulitician
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
"...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire :(
I agree with you :(. And Voltaire is a mental hottie :cool:

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
the neo-cons need to realize that a lot of people, like myself, will not be voting for anyone but Ron Paul. I will not vote for the Rep nominee.

He is not pulling votes just from Reps he is pulling from all sides.

shepburn
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
anyone have good theroy as to why PB did not endorse Ron Paul?

Is he just chickenshit or does he want to keep his job as a pundant?

Patrick_Henry
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I thought it was a really segment. Too bad it was immediately followed up with Buchanan pointing out that although Dr Paul is RIGHT on every subject he mentioned, that he had NOT endorsed him. Then he went on to say that Dr. Paul wasn't going to win because it was going to be either Rudy, Romney or Huck that gets the nomination and that if Dr. Paul runs third-party that HE will PERSONALLY be responsible for putting a Democrat in the White House!!!! I could have cheerfully reached through my TV screen and chocked the daylights out of Buchanan when he said that. I used to somewhat respect Buchanan but, after this drivel, I now see him as the Washington Insider that he has become.

Oh man, Buchanan is sooo right. If Ron Paul wasn't running, we would all be voting Rudy :p

JPFromTally
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM
$10 million in one day.. the bar has been set!

ConstitutionGal
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm hoping that the main reason RIGHT NOW is because his sister is running Tom Tancredo's campaign. Once Tom drops out, I guess we'll find out where Buchanan REALLY stands and THEN if he doesn't endorse Ron Paul, I vow to never buy another of Buchanan's book or read any of his articles!

1000-points-of-fright
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM

A couple of weeks ago he said that he doesn't endorse candidates. As a political commentator he wants to maintain his objectivity, albeit with an an admitted ideological perspective.

ConstitutionGal
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh man, Buchanan is sooo right. If Ron Paul wasn't running, we would all be voting Rudy :p

Only in RUDY's dreams..........

..... and MY nightmares! :eek:

Kuldebar
12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Wolf: that would be amazing truly amazing! ( when told that we could raise 10 mil on the 16th)

I don't like the 10 Million dollar prediction, makes it sound like that's what "we plan" and anything less is failure or something.

Shellshock1918
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Wow totally unexpected! Holy crap the tea party was mentioned! Great story!

ConstitutionGal
12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't like the 10 Million dollar prediction, makes it sound like that's what "we plan" and anything less is failure or something.

I wasn't too happy to hear that one either! If we raise 9 million, they'll spin to say we 'fell short of our goal'! The 'spin' on everything we do or say if REALLY beginning to tick me off. Of course, since the 16th is being mentioned in almost every segment that mentions Dr. Paul, maybe even the 10 million figure will be blown out of the water! Wouldn't THAT be AWESOME??

BeFranklin
12-04-2007, 05:36 PM

Actually, she said up to 10 million.

Arklatex
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Believe me, is we raise just 6 mil that day, NOBODY will be making fun of it.

Hope
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
How can Pat say that Huckabee is a contender and Ron Paul is not?

I really don't understand him. :(

stewie3128
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
$10 million in one day.. the bar has been set!

Goddamm, that's a high bar. We're going to end up at 32k pledges for the tea party (who knows how high the actual donations will go) - think we can get $10mil out of that?

constitutional
12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Goddamm, that's a high bar. We're going to end up at 32k pledges for the tea party (who knows how high the actual donations will go) - think we can get $10mil out of that?

Last time we had around 38k donors I believe. Hopefully, about 60k this time.

troyd1
12-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post
I wasn't too happy to hear that one either! If we raise 9 million, they'll spin to say we 'fell short of our goal'! The 'spin' on everything we do or say if REALLY beginning to tick me off. Of course, since the 16th is being mentioned in almost every segment that mentions Dr. Paul, maybe even the 10 million figure will be blown out of the water! Wouldn't THAT be AWESOME??

I think anything above 5 million will blow them out of the water. I think 10 is very doable. We are going to have many more donating and most are going to give as much as they can, not just 100. It will be interesting to see what the average donation is. I am guessing it will be closer to 200 this time than 100 although a lot of people will be giving small amounts because that is all they can afford.

Midnight77
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm betting $6 Million.

tsetsefly
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
like on Nov. 5, I didnt sign up for this one because I cant give 100, but I will give 50, I imagine there are more people that didnt pledge that will give at least 25 than the people that have pledged.

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Has anyone contacted Peter Schiff and Adam Curry yet? I hate to do it again, if they have already been contacted.

We need them and many more like them. What do you guys think about asking the Ron Paul Girl to make another video? We need all the help we can get.

I'm contacting a bunch of precious metal dealers. If anyone else has any other ideas, please do them. The excitement has fizzled on this thing and we need to get it back up to a fever pitch.

Contact Meetup groups. Contact all of Ron's Myspace friends.....

C'mon. Let's get going. :)

koob
12-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Blitzer is OBSESSED with calling Ron Paul a libertarian. He drives me insane with that crap.

lol me too.

evandi
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
"Professional" commentators like Pat Buchanon only state the obvious.

Look at national poll numbers or polls in early states and you know almost exactly what "professional" commentators are going to say.

It's quite pointless to listen to them and try to get any predictions you wouldn't actually come up with yourself.

I mean, jeez did Pat Buchanon say that Huckabee had a chance to win it before his poll numbers were high? Weren't people saying a while ago that only Giuliani and Hillary had any chance and that it was inevitable they would face each other? A variation of this was that Hillary was inevitable for the democrats and Giuliani was a slight favorite over Romney while no one else stood any chance.

And all of this after the last election where Kerry came out of no-where to get the democratic nomination.

Few hard working American voters spend real time thinking about who he/she is going to vote for until the primaries actually arrive. There is absolutely no point in them doing so. They assume that the people they are being polled about are actual conservatives.

There is absolutely no chance a Morman ex-liberal flip-flopper is going to get the republican nomination once people know all about it, nor is there a chance that a drag-wearing ex-liberal cheating authoritarian moron like Rudy will get the nomination once people know about that stuff. There is not a very good chance that an economically liberal authoritarian illegal-immigrant-helping big-government pastor will get the nomination, nor is there a good chance that liberal Mccain-Feingold, who only focuses on small multi-million dollar earmarks in regards to government waste, will be elected.

I don't know who else there is... Ron Paul perhaps? Wait until people start paying attention and you'll see a new front runner.

Arklatex
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Evandi should post more often my friend.

Danny Molina
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
That's lame I wanted to see the rest of Pat's interview.

Danny Molina
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
The republicans deserve to lose if Paul does not get the nomination.

inibo
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
WB: Hi, my name is Wolf "Ron Paul Ran For President Once Before As A Libertarian" Blitzer. Since I can't ask Ron Paul for the fourteenth time, Pat, I'll ask you instead. Since he has little chance of winning the Republican nomination, do you think he will run as an independent or third party candidate?

PB: er, ahh, I like Ron Paul...

WB: Thanks, Pat. That's all we have time for today.

werdd
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
youtube= it happened.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Now available for download...

Really nice quality. Much better than YouTube.
Right click and save this to your desktop: http://ronpaulvideopodcast.com/v/071202_Wolf_Blitzer_CNN.m4v

Or add the podcast to iTunes and gain access to many more quality videos that can be DOWNLOADED!!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268813401

ProfNo
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
It is amazing to me...a endorsement from Pat would probably put Ron Paul in the double digits both in NH and nationally. This could be the "straw that broke the camels back" and really put Ron Paul in a great position.

Yet he will not for some strange reason. He is, in no small part, responsible for slowing down or stopping that changes that a much need Ron Paul presidency would usher in. How can he live with this? It would eat me up inside.

CurtisLow
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Now available for download...

Really nice quality. Much better than YouTube.
Right click and save this to your desktop: http://ronpaulvideopodcast.com/v/071202_Wolf_Blitzer_CNN.m4v

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=268813401

Nice video! Sharp.

itsnobody
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Buchanan should come out and publicly support Ron Paul, he seems to agree with Ron Paul on everything...it would also give us a great boost in support

Edward
12-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Nothing new to add here: A very favorable piece with mention of the Tea Party... "amazing"!

Young_Apprentice
12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
After watching this piece, I think that Buchanan hesitates to endorse Ron Paul because he thinks he doesn't have a chance, and that in his mind, when Ron Paul runs as a third party candidate and ruins the election for the republicans, then people will blame him for helping the democrats win, thereby lessening the chance that he might ever become president or sell more books...*breathes*

kevman657
12-04-2007, 09:09 PM
How can Pat say that Huckabee is a contender and Ron Paul is not?

I really don't understand him. :(

He's 1st in Iowa and the national polls...Ron just has cash (and young supporters that never get polled!!!)

azminuteman
12-04-2007, 09:15 PM
If Paul runs 3rd party, Hillary is guaranteed the white house - what CNN wants.

0zzy
12-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Don't hate on Buchanan, he can't endorse anyone. And he can't appear biased or else he'd lose creditability as a political analyst.

kylejack
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Don't be mad at Pat. He's sending Republicans a message. Nominate Ron Paul or you lose.

sandersondavis
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Buchanan should come out and publicly support Ron Paul, he seems to agree with Ron Paul on everything...it would also give us a great boost in support

And so my fellow Americans, ask not what Buchanan can do for the campaign - ask what can you do for the campaign.