PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky’s On Board the Rand-Wagon

libertyplz
04-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Lots of Rand news all of a sudden, hard to keep up!

From Politico:

kentucky hasn’t had a serious presidential contender since Henry Clay, and, across the state, the idea that its 52-year-old junior senator, Rand Paul, will enter the 2016 race this week has his party’s faithful fired up.
Aaron Whitten invited 13 people to join him at the VIP reception when Paul announces he is running for president in Louisville on Tuesday. Whitten, the Grayson County GOP chairman and a friend of Paul’s from their service together in the Lion’s Club, laughed last week when he realized that his guest list holds twice the number of people who showed up at the first town hall he held for Paul back in the fall of 2009. “There were like six people, and three of them were my relatives,” Whitten said. “And two of them were Democrats, so I’m not sure that counts.”
---
Tuesday’s announcement, just hours away now, seems a natural next step, and it has Kentucky Republicans “giddy”—to use Whitten’s word—about seeing their friend take his place on the biggest stage in politics. For many, it has been a long time coming. For so many Kentucky Republicans, the excitement has been there for well over a year.
---
And when he does, Whitten, Comer, Massie, Heiner and a host of other Kentucky Republicans will be at the Galt House to cheer him on. “The moment he announces, I’m gonna be like, ‘OK, Rand, what do you need me to do?” Whitten said Friday. “Because he’s my friend and he’s running for president. OH MY GOD!”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/04/rand-paul-kentucky-2016-116675.html#ixzz3WU5INoHm

Good in-depth article, read more at the source.

DevilsAdvocate
04-06-2015, 10:36 AM
That's so RANDom! :D:cool: