PDA

View Full Version : ****Volunteer Videographers needed to go film the blimp in its hangar!!!***

Mckarnin
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello Everyone!

The blimp is located in: Weeksville, Elizabeth City, North Carolina.

~Do you want an opportunity to get a sneak peek at the blimp that will be flying across America for the Ron Paul Blimp Tour?
~Do you live near the blimp or are you willing to travel there?
~Do you have a video camera and the ability to get high quality footage?
~Can you get the footage online quickly?

If you answered yes to all of these questions post in this thread and we will select a group of you to go to the hangar where the future Ron Paul Blimp is located and film footage for widespread distribution online. Priority will be given to those who can film the soonest. We ask that you provide us with the footage so we can put it on our site but you can make YouTubes or disseminate the footage however you like independently as well. We will provide more details once we choose our videographer(s).

The time window that works for AMS is 8am-4pm but we will want to coordinate so everyone goes in the same 1-2 hour window so we don't disturb the operations of Airship Management Services.

Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass this on to other Ron Paul Blimp supporters, sites, trustworthy videographer friends, etc...

Contact me at: inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com with "Blimp Footage" in the subject.

Katharine Memole
Customer Relations
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

francisco
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello Everyone!

The blimp is located in: Weeksville, Elizabeth City, North Carolina.

~Do you want an opportunity to get a sneak peek of the blimp that will be flying across America for the Ron Paul Blimp Tour?
~Do you live near the blimp or are you willing to travel there?
~Do you have a video camera and the ability to get high quality footage?
~Can you get the footage online quickly?

If you answered yes to all of these questions post in this thread and we will select a group of you to go to the hangar where the future Ron Paul Blimp is located and film footage for widespread distribution online. Priority will be given to those who can film the soonest. We ask that you provide us with the footage so we can put it on our site but you can make YouTubes or disseminate the footage however you like independently as well. We will provide more details once we choose our videographer(s).

The time window that works for AMS is 8am-4pm but we will want to coordinate so everyone goes in the same 1-2 hour window so we don't disturb the operations of Airship Management Services.

Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass this on to other Ron Paul Blimp supporters, sites, trustworthy videographer friends, etc...

Contact me at: inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com with "Blimp Footage" in the subject.

Katharine Memole
Customer Relations
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Great Idea!

fletcher
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Why can't the videographer that is/will be making $500 a week do this?

Mckarnin
12-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Because he is not being paid or working yet. He is on hold until we are sure the blimp is going up. Also, we want to avoid paying travelling expenses and the time delay of getting him there.

Elijah
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Because we aren't paying them until it happens. Do you want me to grab money out of the fund and send someone over there?

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeh, oh fletcher is all about ideas today.

cien750hp
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
someone here lives near the hangar. i remember them saying they can see it from their work, whoever that was i hope they see this post soon!

troyd1
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Post this on the main page. I am sure someone lives by there.

troyd1
12-04-2007, 05:32 PM
You may also want to contact a meetup from over there.

fletcher
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Because we aren't paying them until it happens. Do you want me to grab money out of the fund and send someone over there?

No, this is exactly what you should be doing and continue to do. There is no reason to be paying a videographer.

Mckarnin
12-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Post this on the main page. I am sure someone lives by there.

I have been here a while so this seems stupid but what do folks consider to be the "main" page? I'll post it there as well.

cien750hp
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I have been here a while so this seems stupid but what do folks consider to be the "main" page? I'll post it there as well.

grassroots central

Mckarnin
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Again, what the hell are you talking about? Getting a Ron Paul supporter to videotape for free is good. That is what they should do and CONTINUE TO DO. They do not plan to CONTINUE doing this. They WILL BE hiring someone to videotape. I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Are you trying to deny that they will be hiring someone?

The official blimp videographer will be away from home and sleeping in airplane hangars in the winter for a month so we feel that it is a good idea to pay someone permanent once we have the blimp off the ground.

slantedview
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
The official blimp videographer will be away from home and sleeping in airplane hangars in the winter for a month so we feel that it is a good idea to pay someone permanent once we have the blimp off the ground.
i think we have miscommuncation. it seems we both want them to get a volunteer asap, which is the point of this thread. that's good. as to whether or not they pay someone after that, i don't really care. you seem to want them not to. that's fine. i am most concerned with getting video sooner than later.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Whoa here is a picture of the actual blimp being pulled from the hanger:
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/07/96/38/image_6238967.jpg
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/08/95/38/image_6238958.jpg

From this article about the blimp: http://www.dailyadvance.com/search/content/news/stories/2007/12/03/1204ronpauljh.html

xexkxex
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Whoa here is a picture of the actual blimp being pulled from the hanger:

From this article about the blimp: http://www.dailyadvance.com/search/content/news/stories/2007/12/03/1204ronpauljh.html

Mmmmmm...Blimp pr0n....look at the size of that Gondola.... one of the largest I hear....:D

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
It's huge...

Mckarnin
12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
i think we have miscommuncation. it seems we both want them to get a volunteer asap, which is the point of this thread. that's good. as to whether or not they pay someone after that, i don't really care. you seem to want them not to. that's fine. i am most concerned with getting video sooner than later.

I am in charge of Customer Relations for the blimp and I also want footage up ASAP! :-) That's why I am looking for volunteers for the immediate footage of the blimp in the hangar. I think once the blimp is off the ground for footage we will have a mixture of our permanent, paid videographer who follows the blimp everywhere and volunteers who are local to the blimp route and landings filming.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Just stop responding to fletcher, don't reply to them, just click on the ! with a triangle around it and report his posts if they are rude/flaming in nature.

Stop feeding the troll.

Everytime he flames, put up a picture of the blimp:
here is a picture of the actual blimp being pulled from the hanger:

smashingblouse
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
This is my first post to this site. I just got forwarded this email through my meetup group. I live about 1 1/2 away from Elizabeth City and I am off this Friday and happen to own a video camera. What date was this planned for?

annyab
12-04-2007, 08:41 PM
i talked to Elijah, I will go to the blimp hanger tomorrow morning. The quality may not be the best, but it will be actual footage of the blimp.

slantedview
12-04-2007, 09:24 PM
This is my first post to this site. I just got forwarded this email through my meetup group. I live about 1 1/2 away from Elizabeth City and I am off this Friday and happen to own a video camera. What date was this planned for?
the 10th i think. hit up ronpaulblimp.com for a schedule/calendar and all kinds of other info.

cien750hp
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
the 10th i think. hit up ronpaulblimp.com for a schedule/calendar and all kinds of other info.

i understood this as wanting footage before the launch, like in the next couple days, getting video of it in the hangar, not the actual launch itself.

francisco
12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
i talked to Elijah, I will go to the blimp hanger tomorrow morning. The quality may not be the best, but it will be actual footage of the blimp.

Thank you, annyb

MozoVote
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Try to get some footage of the crew. Show the RP community that they WANT to fly for Ron Paul.

annyab
12-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Try to get some footage of the crew. Show the RP community that they WANT to fly for Ron Paul.

i'll ask em!!

Mckarnin
12-05-2007, 03:22 AM

Annya (in the next post) is going over tommorow since she is right next to it. By Friday it will be being prepared for launch so you can take your day off to go see it and film the launch! :-)

parocks
12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Annya (in the next post) is going over tommorow since she is right next to it. By Friday it will be being prepared for launch so you can take your day off to go see it and film the launch! :-)

When you say high quality video, what are you talking about? Different people have different opinions about good, good-enough, etc.

How do the people shooting the video get it to you or to whoever wants it?

Perhaps you can give specific instructions here, and people can just do it?

Do you want 720x480 DV AVI or MOV of the blimp uploaded to a specific URL?
A torrent created? etc.