PDA

View Full Version : I once was a blimp detractor- Thanks for your hard work Elijah, Trevor et al.

dante
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I too became a detractor from the blimp project when the budget suddenly ballooned to 500k. But there have been some major changes/ improvements since then that have made me as enthusiastic as ever and can't wait to see it.

A. Elijah and Trevor et al came up with an ingenious method of circumventing FEC rules and to top it off have retained a former head of the FEC as legal counsel. How's that for legitimacy.

B. They have said that above all the money that is received goes FIRST to getting the blimp off of the ground and secondly to legal fees to make sure this stays legit. If we as customers don't like these other additional expenses then the solution is quite simple. We don't purchase more than $375k worth of blimp flight time. Its that simple.

C. Considering the amount of time and effort involved on their part a $500 weekly salary is amazingly reasonable even for a project that is grassroots based. They are now quite responsive to our questions and concerns like a grassroots based organization should be.

D. We are already getting press about this. This is going to be huger than our wildest dreams. And with the amount of time its going to be in NH every single resident there will see it. If only we had 50 blimps.

Were there some growing pains yes. That happens often- especially in large projects undertaken quickly. But I feel that they have more than adequately addressed our concerns.... now if they could only sprain paint out the "who is"

Thanks Elijah, Trevor et al.

Aus4RP
12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree dante, good thread.

Rated.

Elijah
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Thank you to!

Elijah Lynn

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
:) thanks for putting up with those who have no real appreciation for what you are doing for us and Dr. Paul. Keep up the good work.

leonster
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Cheers... same here, basically. Well, I was never a "detractor" but I did have my concerns that I voiced (a few times... not over and over).

But I like the direction now... and the most important thing is to make this happen.

Only a few thousand to $100,000, and then suddenly it starts to seem like YES, this is really going to happen. :)

drfarrington
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
bump.

While I think that many of the naysayers could very well be campaign saboteurs, I hope that the ones with legitimate concerns will read this, and take the chance.

trispear
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
I feel the same way, thanks Elijah and Trevor.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Whoa here is a picture of the actual blimp being pulled from the hanger:
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/07/96/38/image_6238967.jpg
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/08/95/38/image_6238958.jpg

From this article about the blimp: http://www.dailyadvance.com/search/content/news/stories/2007/12/03/1204ronpauljh.html

paul_v
12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I was kinda on the side of "the blimp is a waste of money" but the more I thought about it the more I like the idea. Heck, before the Ron Paul Blimp what's the first thing that came to mind when you heard the word "blimp"? That's right, Goodyear. The Goodyear blimp is one the most recognizable advertising icons in history. McDonald's Golden Arches is probably the only thing more recognizable. Wow just thinking about it makes me like the Ron Paul blimp idea even more :) I wish I could afford to donate though :(

Man from La Mancha
12-05-2007, 08:29 AM
yea thanks a lot, anybody want to bet that with in 10 posts someone with from the dark side will post a negative comment.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Primbs
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
The blimp will aid every Ron Paul volunteer in the country because we are getting national news coverage. We have been in print already in national newspapers. Radio will cover this once it is up in the air. Imagine listening to Paul Harvey talk about a Ron Paul Blimp as drivers drive past a group of people holding up Ron Paul signs.

Television will cover the blimp. Voters will get home to turn on the news only to see the Ron Paul blimp on television.

This is called integrated marketing, touching and teaching the voters about Ron Paul in different ways.

BlueGecko
12-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Go Blimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Lyn
12-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm shocked by all the press and it hasn't even left the ground. I think this will yield a very high bang for the buck compared to so many other endeavors . Go Blimp!!