PDA

View Full Version : Solutions in Iran nuclear deal reached - Rouhani

Suzanimal
04-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Solutions on key points of Iran’s nuclear program have been reached between Tehran and Western states, said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, adding the drafting of the agreement is to start immediately, with a June 30 deadline for finishing the process.

“Found solutions. Ready to start drafting immediately,” Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif wrote on his Twitter ahead of the press conference on the results of the talks in Switzerland on Thursday.

EU Foreign Policy Chief Federica Mogherini said on Twitter the final ministerial meeting of the talks has been held, adding there was “good news.”

Iranian media reports suggest that a deal on Iran’s nuclear program has been reached with Tehran agreeing to slash centrifuges to 6,000 from the current 19,000. Reportedly the agreement is set to last ten years.

Iran’s Press-TV reported the joint statement will announce the lifting of multilateral European and unilateral US financial sanctions against Iran.

The group of countries known as “P5+1” – the US, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany – have been trying hammer out an accord with Iran to restrict the country’s nuclear program in return for a lifting the economic blockade imposed by the UN for nearly 18 months.

The talks in the Swiss city of Lausanne finished on their eighth day on Thursday.

http://rt.com/news/246297-iran-nuclear-talks-lausanne/

Antischism
04-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Diplomacy works better than bombs? Madness!

Zippyjuan
04-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Devil is in the details but it is a good thing.

ClydeCoulter
04-02-2015, 07:19 PM
"Okay, okay, I'll give you part of my lunch money...ouch...okay, okay, I'll give you most of it..."

asurfaholic
04-02-2015, 07:36 PM
The whole Iran business is madness.

The fact that a group of nuclear armed countries can walk into a developing country and act all upset that they "may" be trying to get a nuclear weapon is pure nonsense.

Adding on the fact that in this group of countries, the one most vocal and damaging in its financial attacks, is the one and only country ever to use a nuclear weapon on a civilian target.

And ll the while Iran likely really only wanted nuclear energy to help it out of its energy crisis.

Pure madness

Brian4Liberty
04-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Caught some of the network news tonight. The Establishment media doesn't seem too happy with an Iran agreement. Their reporting was slightly hostile, and they gave coverage to neocons Tom Cotton and Peter King. The MIC/media complex strikes back.

Brett85
04-02-2015, 07:59 PM
So what will Rand say about the deal?

ChiefJustice
04-02-2015, 08:42 PM
I don't know but if he starts singing the anti-Obama line I am officially done with Rand.

This potential deal could be a major diplomatic breakthrough and a shining achievement. Whatever you think of the administrations other policies I respect what they are doing with these negotiations.

John Kerry has done a fantastic job and worked tirelessly on this. He deserves his due and I wish him luck in the upcoming months. Coming from someone who always disliked Kerry.

Brett85
04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
I don't know but if he starts singing the anti-Obama line I am officially done with Rand.

This potential deal could be a major diplomatic breakthrough and a shining achievement. Whatever you think of the administrations other policies I respect what they are doing with these negotiations.

John Kerry has done a fantastic job and worked tirelessly on this. He deserves his due and I wish him luck in the upcoming months. Coming from someone who always disliked Kerry.

I don't know for sure, but I think Rand's response might be somewhat along the lines of Cruz's response.

The very first step for any deal, good or bad, should be submitting it to Congress, and the President making the case both to Congress and to the American people why this advances the national security interests of the United States," Cruz told reporters after a town hall in Cedar Rapids. "Now everything President Obama has said up to this date has suggested that he is going to do everything he can to circumvent Congress.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/politics/iran-deal-2016-gop-candidates-reaction/

presence
04-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Why are Irans nuclear ambitions any of our business?

Zippyjuan
04-02-2015, 11:41 PM

So far, nothing. He is on vacation with his family getting ready to make his announcement he is going to run for President.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/04/02/why-rand-pauls-gone-mia-on-the-iran-deal-and-the-indiana-law/

Why Rand Paul’s been MIA on the Iran deal and the Indiana law

It is understandable that a candidate who is preparing to announce a presidential campaign might want a little down time with the family. But in the case of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), the fact that news of this week's Iran agreement happens to coincide with a family vacation may also come as a bit of a relief for a candidate who is trying to navigate between the libertarian leanings of his staunchest supporters and the conservative sentiments of the GOP base that he is trying to court.

Paul's non-interventionist statements in the past downplaying the threat of a nuclear Iran have gotten him in trouble with more hawkish Republicans. But more recently, he was one of 47 Republican senators who signed a controversial letter, authored by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), telling Iran's leaders that any arms deal would not be binding beyond the end of the Obama presidency if it were not agreed to by Congress.

As the outlines of a deal were announced on Thursday, Paul's office said he would not have a comment. "Senator Paul is out of pocket all week with his family leading up to April 7th," when he is expected to make his presidential announcement, his spokesman Sergio Gor said in an email.

The language was almost identical to a statement earlier this week, in which Paul's spokesman begged off a chance to comment on Indiana's new religious freedom act, which critics say would open the door to discrimination against gays.

angelatc
04-03-2015, 05:54 AM
The right wing is going to go mad about this.

Suzanimal
04-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Caught some of the network news tonight. The Establishment media doesn't seem too happy with an Iran agreement. Their reporting was slightly hostile, and they gave coverage to neocons Tom Cotton and Peter King. The MIC/media complex strikes back.

Headlines Show Bias and Reinforce Bias
Michael S. Rozeff

Google news headlines reflect the biases of those who compose and select them. For example, there are neutral headlines but plenty of headlines expressing doubt and carping about the Iran deal:

“Analysis: Iran Deal’s Missing Details Spell Trouble,”
“The Shadow of Munich Haunts the Iran Negotiations,”
“Sen. Mark Kirk likens Iran deal to Nazi appeasement, warns of nuclear conflict,”
“The Iran deal’s fatal flaw,” and
“Peace with Iran could limit ability to bomb it, warns McCain.”

When Obama, Bush, Congress or the government have taken America into some new war, new war crime, new persecution of a whistleblower, new arms shipments, new belligerence, new injustice, new coverup and new lie, nowhere near this amount of questioning, much less criticism, is heard. At that point, the monkeys see, hear and say nothing.

Public insight into government’s actions is something like insight into oneself. The same kinds of psychological and moral factors that limit insight into ourselves also limit insight into government, which to many people is a kind of extension of themselves. These factors include biases. In the public case, external factors like media headlines express and reinforce these biases, one of which is lack of perspective. That’s mitigated on a personal basis by getting evaluations from people around us. In the public/government case, doing that runs smack into media biases and actually undermines insight.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/headlines-show-bias-and-reinforce-bias/