PDA

View Full Version : PALCOHOL Bans

tangent4ronpaul
04-02-2015, 04:19 AM
http://www.abc2news.com/news/state/md-delegate-to-propose-bill-banning-sale-of-powdered-alcohol-for-1-year?google_editors_picks=true

A state delegate plans to introduce a bill that would make the sale of powdered alcohol illegal in Maryland, at least for one year.

Last month the federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau approved the sale of the so-called "Palcohol.”

That approval put state legislatures across the country on notice; many of them have banned the sale of the product.

Delegate Dan Morhaim of Baltimore County says Maryland should be next.

“There's enough risk involved that it's important to have a moratorium right now,” he said.

The bill, being introduced by Del. Morhaim and Delegate Clarence Lam, would call for a one year ban on the sale of Palcohol, which would allow the legislature to study the issue more closely next year.

“We've lived with alcohol for thousands of years; we can live another year without the powdered version,” Del. Morhaim said. “It seems very reasonable to me to hold this off for a year, come back next year and have a full open and fair hearing where the public can weigh in, public health experts can weigh in.”

Abuse counselor Mike Gimbel told ABC2 News he believes the product is dangerous -- and will be marketed to young people.

“Adults who drink alcohol, they know how to drink their alcohol,” he said. “They have their favorite beverage. They know what beer they like; they know what wine they like. They're not going to drink powdered alcohol. This is for kids. This is for college students.”

Last week Comptroller Peter Franchot announced the Maryland state licensed beverage association, Maryland Beer Wholesalers Association and the Licensed Beverage Distributors of Maryland had all agreed not to sell Palcohol. The moratorium would go further than that.

“I appreciate the comptroller's actions and I support them, and the comptroller supports this bill,” Del. Morhaim said. “But the comptroller's action is a voluntary agreement with the alcohol distributors in the state, whereas the legislation would actually be binding.”

Delegate Morhaim plans to introduce his bill Thursday in the House Economic Matters Committee. There is less than two weeks left in the 2015 legislative session; but the delegate believes there is still time to get a bill done if the political will is there.

-t

BASTARDS! I was looking forward to trying this stuff.

Has it been banned in your state? or more to the point, where has it not been banned?
Please list your state if you know.

kpitcher
04-02-2015, 04:41 AM
Make your own, lots of recipes. From the websites out there it looks like you need a lot of the powder to equal a shot. It also appears to taste bad.

http://www.supercompressor.com/vice/i-made-my-own-palcohol-and-obviously-snorted-it

" The taste though? It was like powdered sugar's convicted sex offender cousin. "