12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Thought this was pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_qXCnlp3rw

jufreese
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
he might be RP's vice president....cant remember where i read that

navi
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a nice guy but I think he's just desperate.

constitutional
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Yep, nice guy but he's desperate. He made a negative comment on RP once (for the sake of me, i can't find it).

nunaem
12-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Paul should give him an austrian economics reading list.

Micahyah
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
him and Kucinich are desperate to latch on to Paul's grassroots strength. They are better than the bought and paid for Dem frontrunners but that's about it.

TheNewYorker
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Gravel + Kucinich + Paul = the only candidates in this race worth a damn. If Gravel won the nomination on the dem's side, and Paul lost the nomination on the repubs side, I would definitely vote for Gravel in the general election, and would not feel bad about doing so.

But too bad Gravel doesn't stand a chance.

10thAmendmentMan
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
This link pretty much speaks for itself (http://www.planetvids.com/html/Mike-Gravel-Raps.html) on why Gravel being RP's VP might not be the greatest idea.

Paulitician
Yep, nice guy but he's desperate. He made a negative comment on RP once (for the sake of me, i can't find it).
He said Ron Paul has no vehicle for change, such as his "National Initiative for Democarcy."

Cindy
Didn't he just royally shred on Paul or us for something. I can't remember what it was, but I know he did.

Bottom line is, he is trying to gain media attention by talking about Ron Paul and his supoorters and he would love to convert us.

He was found trolling around St. Petersburg at a Ron Paul sign waving, outside of a Giuliani Fundraising dinner a while back. There about 150 Paulicans there that night.

That was just wierd. What on earth was he doing there.

davidhperry
This video is actually very old - at least a month or two.

TheNewYorker
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
This link pretty much speaks for itself (http://www.planetvids.com/html/Mike-Gravel-Raps.html) on why Gravel being RP's VP might not be the greatest idea.

I don't think it would ever be a good idea for a democrat to be a republican's running mate. Paul would just lose to many republican voters. Sure he'd pick up some dems, but he'd lose more than he gained.

I'm all for Gravel endorsing Paul though, and maybe giving Gravel a cabinet position.

TheNewYorker
12-04-2007, 04:36 PM

It was uploaded yesterday, and it's from St Petersberg, where the republican debates were held. I think you're confusing it with another video.

constitutional
12-04-2007, 04:36 PM

This is just a small example of what's really happening across the country....

:p dang I remember everything I watch in some of the videos.

derdy
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Mike Gravel wants world government.

I think I'll pass.

Paulitician
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
By the way, that video is old, has been discussed at length already, and it aint gonna happen. It just isn't. Neither is a Mike Gravel ever going to be considered for Ron Paul's VP. I mean, to do so would be political suicide. Bless his heart, nothing against him, but it is in no way politically viable. We're trying to win this thing, not lose it.

davidhperry
12-04-2007, 04:40 PM
It was uploaded yesterday, and it's from St Petersberg, where the republican debates were held. I think you're confusing it with another video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-6yNLLXsg4

That video was uploaded on Sept. 10th and it appears to be the same one.

Rob
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Gravel has some issues. In his speech at the University of Michigan a month ago, after rambling on about Iran for 10 minutes he had to be reminded that the topic of his speech was actually the War on Drugs. After finishing with that, he repeatedly asked where the exit was and how was he "supposed to get out of here." The problem with that, he was standing outside.

On an interested note he spoke at the exact same location Ron Paul did a couple weeks earlier. It was one heck of a contrast both in terms of their speaking ability and that Gravel barely managed 250, but Paul had nearly 2,500!

Mental Dribble
I like Gravel as a Human being. Hes honest, believes what he says and is in no ones pocket.

mconder
I would definitely vote for Gravel in the general election, and would not feel bad about doing so.

Umm, why?

davidhperry
This is just a small example of what's really happening across the country....

:p dang I remember everything I watch in some of the videos.

You have a good memory then. I'm the same way with movies. :)

AggieforPaul
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I admire Gravel's integrity and candidness, but that guy doesnt have a clue about how to run a country. He wants a "minimum citizens' income", he said it'd be fine if Iran acquired nukes, and he wants to get rid of the borders. He'd make an awful VP imo.

ChairmanMao
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Some of you might want to rethink the idea. Hard core neo cons wont vote for us, there going to stay home election day. Everyone else we have a chance at if we have a Paul Gravel ticket. I talked to an old hand at politics that is working on the campaign at Iowa. He seemed to think this was one of the best things Dr. Paul could do and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Not saying hes right but that was the opinion I got from him.

Wayne Hammond
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Mr. Gravel = World Government, United Nations, blah, blah, blah...

No thank you, Mr. CFR wanna-be. :mad:

nbhadja
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Nice guy, but he's a big government guy. Plus he's very soft on illegal immigration.

reduen
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
This would be a terrible idea.. If you think that Dr. Paul is having a hard time shaking the fringe candidate thing right now, just wait until he gets together with Gravel!!

Death by association! :eek:

Cowlesy
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm big on personal responsibility. Gravel welched on a huge pile of credit card debt a few years ago, and while I think credit card companies prey on people, the guy was a U.S. Senator and was in his 70's, he should know how to manage his finances. He's quite possibly the last person I'd want trying to bring our country back to fiscal health.

Lord Xar
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I saw some youtubes on Gravel laying it down on Hillary and other top tier. I do NOT support this guys positions on nanny states - but he is ALL ABOUT telling the truth.... damn. He really laid out those others.... he is really powerful.

theseus51
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Psh, the hell with Mike Gravel.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41033

BuddyRey
12-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Mr. Gravel = World Government, United Nations, blah, blah, blah...

No thank you, Mr. CFR wanna-be. :mad:

Oh come on! Do you really think that if Mike Gravel was a CFR type the MSM would be ignoring him like they do?

Not everybody who believes in the U.N. is out to get you.

FreeTraveler
12-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Not everybody who believes in the U.N. is out to get you.

Everybody who believes in the UN is definately out to get my money, or exercise more control over my life. If that's not the definition of "get you", what did you mean?

FireofLiberty
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
The National Initiative scares the crap out of me. It's tyranny of the majority of the worst kind.

Bradley in DC
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
he might be RP's vice president....cant remember where i read that

Were you high? :o

runderwo
12-05-2007, 11:59 AM
The National Initiative scares the crap out of me. It's tyranny of the majority of the worst kind.

It's too bad he doesn't go for something more reasonable like Switzerland's national Veto referendum, that still solves the real problem which is the elites making legislation that favors them, without creating majoritation rule.