PDA

View Full Version : Who poses bigger threat to America: Obama or ISIS ?

enhanced_deficit
03-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Vote based on your informed and enlightened view.

Related

(Courtesy of another esteemed guest here)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:55am EDT
Republicans see Obama as more imminent threat than Putin: Reuters/Ipsos poll
(Reuters)
The poll showed 34 percent of Republicans ranked Obama as an imminent threat, ahead of Putin (25 percent), who has been accused of aggression in the Ukraine, and Assad (23 percent).
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MQ0AV20150330 (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/30/us-usa-threats-poll-idUSKBN0MQ0AV20150330)

Poll: Democrats say climate change a bigger threat than ISIS (http://theweek.com/speedreads/447166/poll-democrats-say-climate-change-bigger-threat-than-isis)

Syria: The Strange US/Israel/Al-Qaeda Ménage à Trois
Daniel McAdams at 15:44 pm EDT on September 28, 2012
A little more than a week after the extremists linked to Al-Qaeda by our own US government set up and murdered Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the United States would send an additional $45 million to the very same Al-Qaeda’s Syrian franchise.
Yes you read that right: The US is sending another $45 million to assist in Syria the same people it is fighting in Afghanistan and the same people who killed US Ambassador Chris Stevens in Libya.
Interestingly, the US, Israel (http://m.forward.com/articles/163169), and Al-Qaeda (http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_al-qaeda-leader-urges-support-for-ousting-syria-s-assad_1740552) all agree that the rebels in Syria, many of whom are foreign jihadists, must succeed in overthrowing the Assad government. That is like an all-you-can-eat luncheon buffet in front of hungry conspiracy theorists.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...enage-a-trois/ (http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/syria-the-strange-usisraelal-qaeda-menage-a-trois/)

No need to panic ; Former CIA deputy station chief discusses ISIS with Iraqi Sunni leaders (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454707-No-need-to-panic-Former-CIA-deputy-station-chief-discusses-ISIS-with-Iraqi-Sunni-leaders&)

BOMBSHELL: ISIS leader was US prisoner. Obama released him (http://topconservativenews.com/2014/06/bombshell-isis-leader-was-us-prisoner-obama-released-him/)

The Gold Standard
03-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I was going to come in here and question how anyone could say ISIS, and then I clicked on the wrong button up there. Oh well.

enhanced_deficit
03-30-2015, 02:32 PM
I was going to come in here and question how anyone could say ISIS, and then I clicked on the wrong button up there. Oh well.

Don't worry, you may not be the only one who clicked on wrong button :)

Influenza
03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Obama doesn't pose a threat to the US. Just the people for whom he works :)

thoughtomator
03-30-2015, 03:16 PM

I was wondering, how could there be two people on RPF so clueless? One, I could name, but two?

Sam I am
03-30-2015, 03:38 PM
As far as president's go, there's nothing unusually threatening about Obama.

I understand that since he's the current president, then hating on Obama is in vogue, but we've had a similarly "threatening" president for the past 80 years or so, probably more. Despite what all the doomsayers preach around here, he's not really going to be the downfall of America.

ISIS probably isn't going to be the downfall of America either, they're simply not big enough to truly threaten America, but at least they're somewhat hostile toward America.

thoughtomator
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Sam, ISIS is a false flag operation from the get-go, trained and funded by the CIA and Gulf monarchies.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-30-2015, 04:57 PM
I think the easter bunny is more harmful than ISIS.

phill4paul
03-30-2015, 05:02 PM
I think the easter bunny is more harmful than ISIS.

Gays. God's wrath is a bigger threat to America than either Obama or Isis. Hand's down the winner in the threat game.

Sola_Fide
03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Obama had his hand in creating and sustaining ISIS, so they are really the same.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Niether.

The million man standing army of cops are the greatest threat, having killed a great many more people in the US than either O-bomb-ya or "terrorists".

anaconda
03-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Puppets are not threats. Their handlers are.

DamianTV
03-30-2015, 06:57 PM
I'd say there is an even BIGGER threat than either of the two, the source of funding for BOTH Obama and ISIS.

DamianTV
03-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Gays. God's wrath is a bigger threat to America than either Obama or Isis. Hand's down the winner in the threat game.

Oooh oooh ooh! We should declare War on God and fire Nukes at him / her! :p

Natural Citizen
03-30-2015, 07:04 PM
I voted "not sure". In the back of my noggin, I'm thinking the larger threat to America is likely reality tv and some of those singing shows.

muh_roads
03-30-2015, 07:53 PM
I hate how these questions always frame things up to keep the left/right fluffers fighting each other so they can defend their favorite oligarch.

It should be asked, Who poses the biggest threat? The US Government or ISIS?

I'd say calling the jackboots on ppl for withdrawing $5K of their own money is a much bigger threat to US citizens. ISIS hasn't done shit to me. My own Government wants to throw me in jail for numerous reasons that they hope can stick. And they'll lie and plant evidence to get what they want. Fuck all.

We are essentially an island nation. If defense actually did its proper job and just defended, we'd have nothing to worry about from any CIA created ISIS or Mujahideen

ctiger2
03-30-2015, 08:01 PM
The Obama admin is running ISIS so figure it out.

parocks
03-30-2015, 08:43 PM
This is a fairly easy question, because the answer is definitely not ISIS. People here are arguing about Obama v handlers or whatnot, and that's a fine argument, but the answer isn't ISIS.

erowe1
03-30-2015, 08:44 PM
How do as many as 22% not say it's Obama?

Anti Federalist
03-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Yes, exactly, this.

I have zero worry that uluating Jihadis are going to storm my property at oh-dark-thirty with tanks and automatic weapons, shoot my dog, taser my wife, grenade my grandson or ventilate me.

I hate how these questions always frame things up to keep the left/right fluffers fighting each other so they can defend their favorite oligarch.

It should be asked, Who poses the biggest threat? The US Government or ISIS?

I'd say calling the jackboots on ppl for withdrawing $5K of their own money is a much bigger threat to US citizens. ISIS hasn't done shit to me. My own Government wants to throw me in jail for numerous reasons that they hope can stick. And they'll lie and plant evidence to get what they want. Fuck all.

We are essentially an island nation. If defense actually did its proper job and just defended, we'd have nothing to worry about from any CIA created ISIS or Mujahideen

Ender
03-31-2015, 01:32 PM
Yes, exactly, this.

I have zero worry that uluating Jihadis are going to storm my property at oh-dark-thirty with tanks and automatic weapons, shoot my dog, taser my wife, grenade my grandson or ventilate me.

Agreed.

surf
03-31-2015, 06:39 PM
How do as many as 22% not say it's Obama?Congress is a bigger threat than Obama (along with cops). that's how*.

i'm an O hater, but i'm a bit distressed when people don't see that congress approved O-care, not as that Gruber idiot says, the general public.

look at that Cotton (and Rand) letter attempting to derail Iran nuke talks and any friendship the US could (and should) have with Iran....

I think the poll should have included "warmongering republican idiots" that blame everything on the president yet fail to realize how destructive their douchebag practices are.

* I didn't vote in the poll

enhanced_deficit
03-31-2015, 07:44 PM
Many educating views here, thank you all.

The Obama admin is running ISIS so figure it out.

This is a fairly easy question, because the answer is definitely not ISIS. People here are arguing about Obama v handlers or whatnot, and that's a fine argument, but the answer isn't ISIS.

It's slightly tricky question but still answer should be easy for those paying attention to recent developmemts in foreign policy.

Niether.

The million man standing army of cops are the greatest threat, having killed a great many more people in the US than either O-bomb-ya or "terrorists".

It was a question of relative degrees. Police state is a symptom/side effect of a mindset/policies. If civil liberties are important to us, we'll have to know who stands behind the policies that are turning America into a police state. It is heavily rooted in foreign policy and last time I checked ISIS did not design US foreign policy.
"Neither" implies that puppets/frontmen are absolved from being identified as part of the problem.

Congress is a bigger threat than Obama (along with cops). that's how*.

i'm an O hater, but i'm a bit distressed when people don't see that congress approved O-care, not as that Gruber idiot says, the general public.

look at that Cotton (and Rand) letter attempting to derail Iran nuke talks and any friendship the US could (and should) have with Iran....

I think the poll should have included "warmongering republican idiots" that blame everything on the president yet fail to realize how destructive their douchebag practices are.

* I didn't vote in the poll

There is an old saying in Texas, "love the criminal, hate the crime".

Without hating on anyone one should be able to evaluate roles and responsibilities. Republicans for the most part are playing as a pressure group to split and damage democrats funding. Iran war hysteria/ISIS are Obama's puppet masters' babies despite all the lip service. Who put "deal with Iran" on Obama's plate? Those orders came from upper management.
Brilliant move by Boehner to invite Netanyahu (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?470200-Brilliant-move-by-Boehner-to-invite-Netanyahu-Jewish-lobby-behind-Dems-is-getting-fractured&)

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2015, 07:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tFiT8Bo.png

Cabal
04-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Obama was elected.

brandon
04-02-2015, 08:04 PM
I guess it depends what you mean by threat. Is someone creating policy you disagree with a threat to America? Are some poor religious radicals on the other side of world who actively want to see America suffer, but don't have the means to make it happen a threat?

I'd say maybe I have mild apprehension about both?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Don't forget your neighbor as a threat. The one who is beaten down and will now exercise petty power against you. I've seen where historians say that 80-90% of the people who ran afoul of the Nazi government and Gestapo were turned in by their neighbors, co-workers, etc.

Same is true in America. TV's COPS and America's Most Wanted could not have been popular without pettiness. Same mentality appears on Youtube comments. The exceptions are that you can get the counter-opinion of TV on a lot of those comments. People can also make videos that counter dipshits at 60 Minutes, who often sell stories on "ISIS." Don't also forget 60 Minutes wimpy interviews of presidents, complete with softball questions.

Voluntarist
04-02-2015, 08:28 PM
xx

cindy25
04-02-2015, 10:12 PM
the poll should be Bibi or ISIS

heavenlyboy34
04-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Don't forget your neighbor as a threat. The one who is beaten down and will now exercise petty power against you. I've seen where historians say that 80-90% of the people who ran afoul of the Nazi government and Gestapo were turned in by their neighbors, co-workers, etc.

Same is true in America. TV's COPS and America's Most Wanted could not have been popular without pettiness. Same mentality appears on Youtube comments. The exceptions are that you can get the counter-opinion of TV on a lot of those comments. People can also make videos that counter dipshits at 60 Minutes, who often sell stories on "ISIS." Don't also forget 60 Minutes wimpy interviews of presidents, complete with softball questions.
Yeah, this^^
If y'all aren't careful, Soviet history is going to repeat here in rhyme.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/mwh/russia/stalinpurgesandpraisesrev1.shtml

By the end of the 1930s, the Great Terror had spread to ordinary people - anybody who looked as though they had a will of their own. Some 20 million ordinary Russians were sent to the gulag (http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/mwh/russia/stalinpurgesandpraisesrev1.shtml#) - the system of labour camps mostly in Siberia - where perhaps half of them died. The Christian Church and the Muslim religion were forbidden. Ethnic groups were persecuted, and Russification - the acceptance of Russian language and customs - was enforced throughout the Soviet Union. People who had annoyed their neighbours were turned in to the NKVD (the secret police) and arrested, never to be seen again.

If history books are too dry, read Solzhenitsyn's historical fiction and the Gulag Archipelago.

Spikender
04-03-2015, 02:07 AM

The enablers are usually the biggest threat. They're the ones that give Statist Regimes power.

JohnM
04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
I think the poll should have included "warmongering republican idiots" ...

Yeah. I voted Obama, but if the poll had included John McCain and Mitt Romney, Obama would have been my third choice.

Cabal
04-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Yeah. I voted Obama, but if the poll had included John McCain and Mitt Romney, Obama would have been my third choice.

Noticing a pattern yet?

Obama was elected.

rg17
04-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Obama, McCain and Romney are all the same.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-08-2015, 12:54 AM
As far as president's go, there's nothing unusually threatening about Obama.

I understand that since he's the current president, then hating on Obama is in vogue, but we've had a similarly "threatening" president for the past 80 years or so, probably more. Despite what all the doomsayers preach around here, he's not really going to be the downfall of America.

ISIS probably isn't going to be the downfall of America either, they're simply not big enough to truly threaten America, but at least they're somewhat hostile toward America.

This almost looks like a thinly veiled compliment for Obama. I look at this, all your other posts, and your continual neg repping of me to conclude there is something amiss. Your posts are, at times, almost indistinguishable from ZippyJuan and PRB. Serious question: Did you actually vote for Obama?

Dianne
04-08-2015, 07:29 AM
How do as many as 22% not say it's Obama?

I have no clue. I clicked Obama with no hesitation whatsoever.

enhanced_deficit
04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
On related note, why are such Westerners trying to join ISIL situation?

American Man, Joshua Ray Van Haften, Accused Of Trying To Support ISIS

Reuters
Posted: 04/09/2015 11:09 am EDT

http://i0.huffpost.com/gen/2818736/images/n-JOSHUA-HAFTEN-large.jpg

(Reuters) - An American man has been charged with trying to provide support for the Islamic State militant group, the U.S Justice Department said on Thursday.
Joshua Ray Van Haften, 34, of Madison, Wisconsin, intended to travel to Iraq or Syria to join the militant group, also known by the acronyms ISIL or ISIS, prosecutors said in a statement.
Van Haften was due to make an initial appearance in federal court in Madison on Thursday. He was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday night after arriving on a flight back from Turkey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/joshua-haften-isis_n_7033380.html

Stratovarious
04-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I don't want to call this a super dumb poll, but the answer is too obvious, Obama is here right now inventing his next attack on
America , no Amendment or article of the constitution , citizen's right, nor American Hope, Dream, Tradition is safe as long as he breathes in
the White House.

Ask me tomorrow how I really feel .....

, ,

enhanced_deficit
04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I don't want to call this a super dumb poll, but the answer is too obvious, Obama is here right now inventing his next attack on
America , no Amendment or article of the constitution , citizen's right, nor American Hope, Dream, Tradition is safe as long as he breathes in
the White House.

Ask me tomorrow how I really feel .....

, ,

It is tomorrow, tell us how you really feel : - )

In related news:

Poll: Americans Support Sending Ground Troops Against ISIS
dailycaller.com/.../poll-americans-overwhelmingly-supp...The Daily Caller
Mar 4, 2015 - According to a new Quinnipiac poll, American voters strongly support sending ground troops to defeat ISIS by more than a 2-to-1 margin.

enhanced_deficit
04-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Obama was elected.

As was this leader of MB who is in a US financed prison now.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/11/4/1383589321394/Mohammed-Morsi-008.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fcommentisfr ee%2F2013%2Fnov%2F04%2Fmorsi-muslim-brotherhood-egypt-quagmire&ei=yhcpVdbMFcarggT364NQ&bvm=bv.90491159,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFj_OJgiIJCccPSvbx38cf-e-ZkHQ&ust=1428842815009926)

As U.S. Resumes Military Aid To Egypt
Forbes-Apr 7, 2015
$1.5 billion in military aid to the al-Sisi regime in Egypt..

US military aid will further strangle Egypt's democracy
Middle East Monitor-Apr 7, 2015

Ok.
But is something wrong about current poll?

Stratovarious
04-11-2015, 07:23 AM
It is tomorrow, tell us how you really feel : - )

In related news:

Poll: Americans Support Sending Ground Troops Against ISIS
dailycaller.com/.../poll-americans-overwhelmingly-supp...The Daily Caller
Mar 4, 2015 - According to a new Quinnipiac poll, American voters strongly support sending ground troops to defeat ISIS by more than a 2-to-1 margin.

Poll: Americans Support Sending Ground Troops Against Radical IsLobama.
I haven't run the poll yet but expect the same margin; 2:1

, ,

Danke
04-11-2015, 07:26 AM

Bibi.

enhanced_deficit
04-11-2015, 02:14 PM
On related note, why are such Westerners trying to join ISIL situation?

American Man, Joshua Ray Van Haften, Accused Of Trying To Support ISIS

Reuters
Posted: 04/09/2015 11:09 am EDT

http://i0.huffpost.com/gen/2818736/images/n-JOSHUA-HAFTEN-large.jpg

(Reuters) - An American man has been charged with trying to provide support for the Islamic State militant group, the U.S Justice Department said on Thursday.
Joshua Ray Van Haften, 34, of Madison, Wisconsin, intended to travel to Iraq or Syria to join the militant group, also known by the acronyms ISIL or ISIS, prosecutors said in a statement.
Van Haften was due to make an initial appearance in federal court in Madison on Thursday. He was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday night after arriving on a flight back from Turkey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/joshua-haften-isis_n_7033380.html

Second arrest in a week of "ISIS-inspired" suspect:

Cleric: Man Charged in Kansas Bomb Plot Is Mentally Ill

TOPEKA, Kan. — Apr 11, 2015, 6:15 AM ET
By NICHOLAS CLAYTON and JOHN HANNA Associated Press

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/WireAP_68ec5ea457b74f1bbbfd2d33be16db85_16x9_992.j pg
This 2010 yearbook photo provided by Topeka Public Schools from a Topeka West High School shows John Booker. Booker, accused of planning a suicide attack at Fort Riley, was arrested Friday, April 10, 2015

A man accused of plotting a suicide bomb attack on a Kansas military base to help the Islamic State group is mentally ill and was acting strangely days before his arrest, according to a Muslim cleric who said he was counseling him at the FBI's request.

The top federal prosecutor for Kansas also charged another Topeka man, Alexander E. Blair, 28, with failing to report Booker's plans to authorities. The complaint alleges that Blair and Booker shared some "extremist views" and that Blair loaned Booker money to rent space to build and store a bomb.
Imam Omar Hazim of the Islamic Center of Topeka told The Associated Press that two FBI agents brought Booker to him last year for counseling, hoping to turn the young man away from radical beliefs. Hazim said the agents told him that Booker suffered from bipolar disorder (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/lifestyle/health/bipolar-disorder.htm), characterized by unusual mood swings that can affect functioning.

Hazim said he expressed concerns to the FBI about allowing Booker to move freely in the community after their first encounter.
Hazim said he later heard that two others were involved in a bombing plot with Booker. He said the FBI told him they were undercover FBI agents and that the sting (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/entertainment/music/sting.htm) was arranged to get Booker "off the streets."
"I think the two FBI agents set him up, because they felt at that point someone else might have done the same thing and put a real bomb in his hands," Hazim said.

He said he has come to the conclusion that the sting was the right thing to do. He said Booker admitted to him on Tuesday that he had stopped taking his medication because he didn't like the way it made him feel and it was expensive.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...y-ill-30242987 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cleric-man-charged-kansas-bomb-plot-mentally-ill-30242987)

enhanced_deficit
05-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Pentagon: No major strategy review underway to defeat ISIS
Fox News (blog)-May 20, 2015
Despite the fall of Ramadi to the Islamic State, the Pentagon has not been asked by the White House to conduct a wholesale review..

Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?475330-Pentagon-Report-Reveals-US-quot-Created-quot-ISIS-As-A-quot-Tool-quot&)

enhanced_deficit
05-29-2015, 01:36 AM
Maine GOP Senator suggests Pres. Obama will see ISIS at family reunion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?470489-Maine-GOP-Senator-suggests-Pres-Obama-will-see-ISIS-at-family-reunion&)