PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee sign just popped up in my neighborhood, what would you do?

mavtek
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Should I put a giant www.taxhikemike.com sign? Kindly send them some information regarding that website?

What would you do, promote Ron Paul to that person?

Adamsa
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Promote Ron Paul subtlely. I'd ask why he supports Huckabee first though, then you can mention Ron's solution.

Menthol Patch
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
First of all, I would put an extra sign on my yard.

Lord Xar
I would make a flyer with all the information/truth about Mike - and those websites.. but also have it ON the flyer... taxes, amnesty/illegal immigrants.. and then put that on there doorstep..

And have the FRONT HEADLINE READ.

Know who you are voting for.
THE TRUTH ABOUT MICK HUCKABEE

AlexMerced
yep, that sounds good, anftra ll else fails, slip a print out of the rolling stone article under his door

Benaiah
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Take them a pro-life slim jim. Or, print up Ron Paul's statement of faith and some pro-life Ron Paul material. Take it to them and physically give it to them. Try to have a conversation with them-- neighbor to neighbor. Tell them that you saw their sign and just wanted to stop by and learn about their candidate, and also leave them stuff on yours.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I would make a flyer with all the information/truth about Mike - and those websites.. but also have it ON the flyer... taxes, amnesty/illegal immigrants.. and then put that on there doorstep..

And have the FRONT HEADLINE READ.

Know who you are voting for.
THE TRUTH ABOUT MICK HUCKABEE

I like it.

JMann
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Do you think "Info-Tubes" next to Ron Paul yard signs would be a good idea. Much like when people have a house for sale they put some sheets with the house stats and pictures? I live in a condo so this isn't an option for me but if you have a yard sign it would be nice to have some information people can stop and pick up.

blamx8
12-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Take them a copy of the constitution and ask them to read it while looking at Hucks platform.

FluxCapacitor
I would donate at RonPaul2008.com/donate.
Then I would write an essay about what is important to me in the realm of politics, and email it to my friends and family.

Benaiah
Just leaving stuff for them that attacks their candidate will put their defences up. You should approach them as a neighbor who is interested in why they are supporting that candidate. Tell them that you are concerned with our country and that you think that Ron Paul is the best solution for the USA, but want to know about their candidate in case you are wrong with the one that you have chosen (which, of course, we know you're not).

I think that having a one on one conversation is the only way you are going to convince them. Leaving negative fliers or having a war of who puts up the most signs will not convert them.

DjLoTi
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Go introduce yourself or don't do nothing at all.

manny
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Why do people like Huckabee:
1) He's a Christian
2) He claims to be an "authentic conservative"
3) He has been built up as an "alternative", almost anti-establishent candidate (we know he is neither but that's the spin he's being given)
4) A lot of people think he comes across well, seems nice etc.

In other words his supporters are frequently people who will, with gentle, nice persuasion be sympathetic to Ron Paul. I say be polite and open to discussion. Show RP's personal history and work as a doctor and christian values, matched with his wonderful political record which shows he is the most conservative.

We really need to be polite and nice to republicans. Even many supporting Rudy will eventually vote for RP since they're just supporting the republicans. Best to start off on the right foot.

Of course if you don't get anywhere with this guy then direct him to the taxhikemike website!

noztnac
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Take them a pro-life slim jim. Or, print up Ron Paul's statement of faith and some pro-life Ron Paul material. Take it to them and physically give it to them. Try to have a conversation with them-- neighbor to neighbor. Tell them that you saw their sign and just wanted to stop by and learn about their candidate, and also leave them stuff on yours.

A very good approach.

krott5333
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
go there every other day and talk to them until they are a ron paul supporter.

make sure you do your research.

Think to yourself.. What arguments will this person have for you? What will his questions be, or his defenses be?

Be prepared. You don't want to be faced with an argument that you can't shut down immediately with a presentation of facts and simple logic. Stay away from talking points and rhetoric!

mavtek
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Actually I think I might just go over there and ask them to vote for me to be a delegate in our precinct as I have seen they are very much politically active. If they ask who I support I'll tell them I support Huckabee, for president coughing uncontrollably while saying for the baptist church.

Chase
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Take off, nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be safe.

Daveforliberty
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Put up two signs. Put up a Ron Paul sign. Between Huck and Paul, put up a sign with an arrow pointing toward the Huckster's, saying "More Of The Same", and an arrow pointing to RP's saying "Real Change" or "Restore the Republic."

krott5333
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Put up two signs. Put up a Ron Paul sign. Between Huck and Paul, put up a sign with an arrow pointing toward the Huckster's, saying "More Of The Same", and an arrow pointing to RP's saying "Real Change" or "Restore the Republic."

thats not the right way to go about it.

TheIndependent
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Should I put a giant www.taxhikemike.com sign? Kindly send them some information regarding that website?

Be a Ron Paul Ambassador, not a Paulite Rabble-Rouser. Big difference.

1. Be subtle and friendly.
2. Ask them what they know of Paul, and what their most important issues personally are.
3. Compare and contrast those positions for supporters of Huckabee.
4. Leave them campaign materials (slim-jims, etc) and how to get more information.

That's all. We need to shake this 'Paultard' reputation some supporters have gotten us into and start showing a lot more class as a whole. We can't let a few overexcited folks take the lot of us down. If you're an angry supporter, channel it into persuasion and class.

Anarchrist
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
The first reply you received (posted by Adamsa) is excellent advice. Find out why he supports Huckabee. Don't go through a lot of effort and time to later find out he's paid staff or something where there's almost no chance of persuading him. The 11th post by Benaiah (excellent screen name) is probably the best advice in the thread.

RonPaulwillWin
12-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Grab a book of matches *joke*

Ridiculous
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Next to your Ron Paul sign. Just make this simple sign:

Mike Huckabee?!?
taxhikemike.com

DjLoTi
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
keep your friends close, your enemies closer. be sure to represent rp's philosophy well.

Santana28
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
i would walk over to him to engage him in conversation, trip, fall, and land on top of his sign (thus breaking it) - and then i would pick up the pieces and take it home. If the neighbor began to protest, i would remind him "Hey- Like Mike says - you break it, you bought it."

:) just kidding of course

dante
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I would acquire additional Ron Paul signs and go talk to your other neighbors. Teach them about Ron Paul and ask if you can put up a sign in their yard after you have convinced them.

Best case scenario paint the neighborhood with RP signs and make the huckabee supporter feel all alone. Then approach him about RP respectfully as others on this thread have suggested.

At the least get the two houses on either side of the Taxabee neighbor to display Ron Paul signs.

tsetsefly
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM

i would do the giante taxhikemike sign...

xexkxex
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I would donate at RonPaul2008.com/donate.
Then I would write an essay about what is important to me in the realm of politics, and email it to my friends and family.

;)

integrity
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
give them a copy of "Fiat Empire" on DVD

conner_condor
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Take your dog for a walk and get a picture of it for us all.:D:D:D

nbhadja
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I am sure the old Hucky-pardoned-a-rapist-who-went-on-to-rape-and-kill-another-women story will work on them.

Danny
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Don't worry about it, they'll change their mind soon. Now that he's surging, Huckabee is getting attacked by the other candidates and even the media is exposing some of his dirty laundry. Drudge has the following story posted right now "UPDATE: Paroled Rapist Could Haunt Huckabee... "

I think Huck is getting support from Republicans who aren't happy with the establishment candidates. When he crashes and burns here in a few weeks, we want to be their next logical choice.

Alabama Supporter
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Leave him alone. Wait until Romney, Rudy, and Thompson and their cronies destroy him. Ron Paul will be victorious.

Joey Wahoo
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Why not just apply the Golden Rule:

Treat the guy with the Huck sign the way you'd want him to treat you.

literatim
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Print these out and give them to him.

Christians Need to Beware of Huckabee (http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin411.htm) by Pastor Chuck Baldwin
More Reasons to Beware of Mike Huckabee (http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin414.htm) by Pastor Chuck Baldwin

VIDEODROME
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd be curious if he supports an aggressive foreign policy of war started by Bush and likely continued by Huckabee.

koob
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I saw a car in a walmart parking lot FULL of Thompson signs ready to be handed out. My initial instinct was to destroy them at all costs, but then I decided just to leave a Ron Paul slim-jim on their windshield--not that that will change their mind. It won't.

If someone has taken the time to hunt down or purchase a sign for their yard I imagine they are pretty decided on their vote. I don't really think much can be done for them and it's best to concentrate on the signless yards.

work2win
12-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Why not just apply the Golden Rule:

Treat the guy with the Huck sign the way you'd want him to treat you.

BINGO

Do not directly attack the other guy's candidate. You might introduce yourself and tactfully try one of these angles:
"I was seriously looking at/used to support Huckabee, then I found RP/found out about ..."
or
"Huckabee is definitely better than MOST/2nd best of the other candidates..."

Of course the basic idea is to come off like you have something in common and can relate to the person you are talking to. You used to think the same, then you were enlightened. Start off with a compliment! If you can get the other guy to initiate the conversation, even better. You might run a strategy to get his curiosity up. This is much more effective than a direct attack on the other person's candidate.

When all else fails, I think the best strategy is simply to out-do the other guy. This is the kind of respect that embodies the Freedom Movement. You see another candidates sign in a public place, leave it right there, but put HUGE RP sign right above it. Your neighbor puts up an 18x24 sign in his yard, you decide how you want to roll: 4'x8' sign, 20 18x24 signs covering your yard, or some other creative display of support. Creativity and motivation are on our side. We will never be out-done.

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Be a Ron Paul Ambassador, not a Paulite Rabble-Rouser. Big difference.

1. Be subtle and friendly.
2. Ask them what they know of Paul, and what their most important issues personally are.
3. Compare and contrast those positions for supporters of Huckabee.
4. Leave them campaign materials (slim-jims, etc) and how to get more information.

That's all. We need to shake this 'Paultard' reputation some supporters have gotten us into and start showing a lot more class as a whole. We can't let a few overexcited folks take the lot of us down. If you're an angry supporter, channel it into persuasion and class.

+1

Note: But I have to admit, I like Lord Xar's suggestion too and I'd go visit your neighbor with some of this information in tow, in case the opportunity crops up.:p

Tina
12-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Run screaming down the street pulling your hair out. That's what I would feel like doing:)

Seriously though, don't do much of anything right now. Give is some time. Huck will fall.