PDA

View Full Version : Trevor, Elijah, etc. - please just say you are SORRY

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I have posted elsewhere on here that there is nothing more in this world I want more (short of RP being president) than to see this blimp in the air.

Like so many others here I am not happy with how this has gone down. I pledged to donate money but I have yet to donate.

You can still win me over though. I want a public apology.

I just want you to say that you are sorry you're sorry about not giving us all of the details before making the choices you made.

I want you to say you are sorry for offending people by at first demanding 1000 dollars a week per person.

I want you to promise to bring this back to the grassroots from now on.

I want you to promise to cut costs whenever possible.

I want to be assured that this is about Ron Paul getting elected and not your ego and not making you money (now or in the future).

If you want you can ignore this request. But if this is really a business (like you keep making it out to be) then we are your potential customers. And if you want to make us paying customers you have to make a sale.

We have a few days left to raise the funds so - win me and perhaps a lot of people over....

SAY YOU ARE SORRY!

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
PS - those of you that are pro-blimp and pro-blimp staff:

I think you should make the same request if you want people like me to donate

rrroae
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Trevor and Elijah, no matter what you do some will always complain. This has been proven numerous times the last couple of days.

Please just concentrate on the blimp and we'll do the rest.

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
I also think they should be renting the computer equipment not buying it.

NerveShocker
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I have never seen somebody say the words "I want" in 1 post more times than this... quite amazing.. Anything you don't want? A back rub maybe? Here how bout you go on youtube and type in : "You can't always get what you want". It's a good song, you might learn a thing or two.

constitutional
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
ditto...

I have yet to be convinced fully, until then... no moolah. :)

The costs can be cut down like renting instead of buying.

Elijah
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I have posted elsewhere on here that there is nothing more in this world I want more (short of RP being president) than to see this blimp in the air.

Like so many others here I am not happy with how this has gone down. I pledged to donate money but I have yet to donate.

I just want you to say that you are sorry you're sorry about not giving us all of the details before making the choices you made.

I want you to say you are sorry for offending people by at first demanding 1000 dollars a week per person.

I want to be assured that this is about Ron Paul getting elected and not your ego and not making you money (now or in the future).

If you want you can ignore this request. But if this is really a business (like you keep making it out to be) then we are your potential customers. And if you want to make us paying customers you have to make a sale.

We have a few days left to raise the funds so - win me and perhaps a lot of people over....

SAY YOU ARE SORRY!

I am sorry.

constitutional
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I have never seen somebody say the words "I want" in 1 post more times than this... quite amazing.. Anything you don't want? A back rub maybe? Here how bout you go on youtube and type in : "You can't always get what you want". It's a good song, you might learn a thing or two.

Geez, the guy raises valid concerns. Why can't the blimp organizers answer such simple questions?

constitutional
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I am sorry.

You still did not answer this part

"I want you to promise to bring this back to the grassroots from now on.

I want to be assured that this is about Ron Paul getting elected and not your ego and not making you money (now or in the future)."

millerjd
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
This is hilarious.. It's like treating them like a dog... "Do this and I'll give you a treat"

Jagwarr
12-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Trevor should join the blimp when it gets to his home state of NH. Perhaps he would want to be on board during the Teaparty which would be great.

Allow meet up groups to provide the spokeperson for each area, they can select a good speaker. No salaries for anyone, because no one needs to be with the blimp 24/7 to begin with, besides the air crew.

If we are going to provide airfare for anyone let's get a couple of those grannies to speak up for Dr. Paul on why he would be a great President for the largest voting block in America, which is the seniors. Other then very special guest speakers, if any, no airfare for anyone. No Jackets.

Ask all riders to give $25 dollars upon boarding for snacks etc.. but not mandatory

Might have missed something but that should do it.

Elijah

I want to be assured that this is about Ron Paul getting elected and not your ego and not making you money (now or in the future)."
I am sorry.

ItsTime
Give me money and Ill rent you a blimp. I see no difference in what the thread started did and that.

This is hilarious.. It's like treating them like a dog... "Do this and I'll give you a treat"

cero
12-04-2007, 03:18 PM
well... I'm 100% sure if they had asked there would have been meet up members from all the different regions the blimp would have flied over that would have been more than willing to give them a place to stay + food, which would have involved the meet ups more, instead of them getting payed (which I still don't agree on but o well)

Elijah
Give me money and Ill rent you a blimp. I see no difference in what the thread started did and that.

Do you want a blimp? Do you have any idea what the blimp "could" do?

Primbs
Every professionally run political campaign is alway an exercise in organized chaos. Even Microsoft can't put out a fully working piece of software without updates.

Although Microsoft Flight Simulator is OK.

We have done very well for what started out as a volunteer efforts.

Support the Blimp.

www.ronpaulblimp.com

Elijah
12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
well... I'm 100% sure if they had asked there would have been meet up members from all the different regions the blimp would have flied over that would have been more than willing to give them a place to stay + food, which would have involved the meet ups more, instead of them getting payed, but o well.

We are staying in airport hangars??

eric_cartman
i had a lot of concerns with the blimp. i was trying to get answers for questions for days, that i know a lot of other people had. i think the actions in the last week were very poorly planned and it really jeopardized the project. i was very worried that not enough people would support the project in its current state, and i was worried that the donations made would not be refunded.

that being said, i believe the blimp staff has come around. they are now being honest and open, and they are listening to the concerns of ron paul supporters. they are making this a project that people want to support. you got your apology. The truth is, this is now looking like a pretty good company, now that they've cut costs and explained the plan. If we want a blimp in boston for the tea party... this is our only chance.

LET'S GET THIS BLIMP IN THE AIR !

DONATE TODAY !

rrroae

No kidding.

Of course Trevor and Elijah made some mistakes and things still aren't 100% perfect. But what do you want them to do? Grovel like animals so some of you feel better?

I gaurantee that no matter what Trevor and Elijah do, some of you won't donate nor have you ever had intentions of donating. So please, for the rest of us, go away.

Elijah

I think we should ask Ron Pauls staff to work for free to.

NerveShocker
12-04-2007, 03:20 PM

This is making me sick. Your first request is impossible, the second has already been done, and the third is an absolutely absurd statement considering him and others have supported Ron Paul for months without pay, have taken pay cuts, and all agreed not to be paid until after the blimp flies. What more do you want????????????

McDermit
12-04-2007, 03:22 PM
This is making me sick. Your first request is impossible, the second has already been done, and the third is an absolutely absurd statement considering him and others have supported Ron Paul for months without pay, have taken pay cuts, and all agreed not to be paid until after the blimp flies. What more do you want????????????

Elijah has supported RP for months without pay? :confused:

Elijah
12-04-2007, 03:23 PM

I have only been at it for a month and you know how I found out?

Google Ron Paul signs and the November 5th money bomb that you all made happen.

Primbs
12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Here is media report on a blimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qJFqt_-Qw

ghemminger
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM

SAY YOU ARE SORRY!

RonPaulCult - time for you to say sorry. I haven't been paying attention but why are you suck a downer? Why are you so big on tearing down RonPaulSupporters...

How is kissing you ass and saying sorry going to change anything? You sound like you are just trying to cause a stir.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I can't believe some people are continuing to be so cruel. it begs the question- are you really a Ron Paul supporter? For goodness sake, Elijah apologized but no that is not good enough. My goodness! I have an excellent idea- Hey if you want to do something for the grassroots then come up with your own idea and plan. Share it with us and then we will decide.

Look, he already apologized. leave him alone. Either you support it or you don't. You can't support it, either come up with your own idea/plan or donate to something else.

It really is not that complicated.

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
RonPaulCult - time for you to say sorry. I haven't been paying attention but why are you suck a downer? Why are you so big on tearing down RonPaulSupporters...

How is kissing you ass and saying sorry going to change anything? You sound like you are just trying to cause a stir.

I'm trying to realize my dream of getting this blimp in the air. I am not alone in these concerns.

These words need to be said if people like me are to donate. If you want to see the money get raised you should at least listen to what I'm saying.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM

This is really mean and could have been said a lot better.

I am sorry and ashamed that this is coming from a Ron Paul supporter if indeed it is.

I don't believe this is some sort of vast conspiracy by Trevor or Elijah. You don't like what they are doing, find another project to create or donate to.

Not cool at all.

michaelwise
12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Here is media report on a blimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qJFqt_-QwI did see a blimp a few weeks ago while driving over the bridge and I did make a special effort to look at it. And yes it was the Goodyear blimp. I will make sure I'm more careful driving when I see the name Ron Paul on it, but I might not be able to resist honking and pointing out the window.

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
This is really mean and could have been said a lot better.

I am sorry and ashamed that this is coming from a Ron Paul supporter if indeed it is.

I don't believe this is some sort of vast conspiracy by Trevor or Elijah. You don't like what they are doing, find another project to create or donate to.

Not cool at all.

Don't you get it - I WANT to like what they are doing. But trust needs to be earned and not just freely given.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't believe some people are continuing to be so cruel. it begs the question- are you really a Ron Paul supporter? For goodness sake, Elijah apologized but no that is not good enough. My goodness! I have an excellent idea- Hey if you want to do something for the grassroots then come up with your own idea and plan. Share it with us and then we will decide.

Look, he already apologized. leave him alone. Either you support it or you don't. You can't support it, either come up with your own idea/plan or donate to something else.

Amen!

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Don't you get it - I WANT to like what they are doing. But trust needs to be earned and not just freely given.

I wasn't referring to you but since you posted that I do not find your post very conducive.

edit: oh I see, it was you.

Major uncool. Stiring up unnecessary stuff.

Shame.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Sure any decent Ron Paul supporter would agree that we should give this project a chance, but a troll on the other hand....his objective is not to be fair and reasonable, but to disrupt, cause doubt, fear, anger, and frustration.
When you read someone's post... ask yourself, what are they trying to sell?
If they are selling fear,doubt,anger, and frustration... then they are of the dark side. Listen to master Yoda once in awhile.

troyd1
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Trevor, Elijah, etc. - please just say you are SORRY

They took the project by the horns and did what had to be done. Some of you people are so moronic. THEY GOT ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THIS LEGAL FROM SOMEONE THAT WAS THE HEAD OF THE FEC AND OTHER LEGAL ADVICE. Have they done everything right? I hardly doubt it. Have you went out and solicited a donor today or handed out slim jims or have you just trolled the boards. Ooooohhhh if you only say you are sorry everything will be ok...... What a frickin soap opera. Elijah, way to take the high road and way to have thick skin.

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Sure any decent Ron Paul supporter would agree that we should give this project a chance, but a troll on the other hand....his objective is not to be fair and reasonable, but to disrupt, cause doubt, fear, anger, and frustration.
When you read someone's post... ask yourself, what are they trying to sell?
If they are selling fear,doubt,anger, and frustration... then they are of the dark side. Listen to master Yoda once in awhile.

Oh yes of course - I have opinions other than yours so therefore I am a TROLL. Is that how it works? There is too much of that on these boards lately.

So this has been my troll plan all along:

1. Join the boards in July

2. Post hundreds of times talking about how to get Ron Paul elected

3. Become one of the strongest early supporters of having a blimp

4. Post concerns about the blimp when the whole thing changes overnight

5. Still make it clear that I want the blimp to happen

6. Destroy Ron Paul forums

Wow I'm such a good troll.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh yes of course - I have opinions other than yours so therefore I am a TROLL. Is that how it works? There is too much of that on these boards lately.

Was I talking about you?

michaelwise
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I actually think that some of this bantering is somewhat healthy, psychologically speaking. It does make this forum a lot more lively. Heck, I'm seeing a lot more regulars from the main forum come over here to defend the blimp project. That's not a bad thing, like the older brother coming to the aid of the younger brother.

just my 2 cents.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
You may not be a troll. But to post something as you did was quite careless, mean-spirited, and disparaging.

I am sorry that there is such behavior in here.

orion846
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Trevor and Elijah, no matter what you do some will always complain. This has been proven numerous times the last couple of days.

Please just concentrate on the blimp and we'll do the rest.

this thread has convinced me NOT to donate. I had $1000 put aside that i was trying to decide whether it went into this or dec16, it's going to dec16 now (i wont let my anger at some people in this thread hurt my efforts to support RP)

the smart-ass quippy responses from elijah and the idiot responses from the blimp-cult who are so determined to not explain or offer condolences to anyone is ridiculous. you're so sure you can do it without the less than blindly faithful? i guess we'll find out now, i wish you luck.

millerjd
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
this thread has convinced me NOT to donate. I had $1000 put aside that i was trying to decide whether it went into this or dec16, it's going to dec16 now (i wont let my anger at some people in this thread hurt my efforts to support RP)

the smart-ass quippy responses from elijah and the idiot responses from the blimp-cult who are so determined to not explain or offer condolences to anyone is ridiculous. you're so sure you can do it without the less than blindly faithful? i guess we'll find out now, i wish you luck.

The purpose of the company is to allow people who are maxed out to be able to legally have an outlet to further the message, it is not meant to deter from donating to the official campaign.

If you have not maxed out, it is best to send directly to the campaign first.

Green Mountain Boy
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Offer condolences? what is this, a f***in funeral?? What do they have to apologize for? They did what was necessary to get this project off the ground. It is not easy pleasing a blimp owner, the FEC, and the Ron Paul grassroots all at the same time.

NerveShocker

Smart as quippy responces from Elijah? You mean when he wrote "sorry"? Umm.. ok. And you say the blimp-cult? And expect me to believe you were ever going to send a dime to it? They have responded to all our requests(even 1 to say sorry?) yet some are determined to still be angry. Well I don't know why your angry but can you at least explain how Elijah is a "smart-ass" for saying sorry? You make absolutely no sense.

KewlRonduderules

Great! In your instance, I think that is best!!!

Nice thinking. You deserve a thumbs up for giving to the campaign before anything else.

BeFranklin
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM

I think you should keep it on the 16th too. If Ron Paul does not get elected, it won't matter, and you are hurting that chance by a lot.

ChrisV
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Your post has convinced me to donate. I originally had $1000 set aside for a trip to Vegas, but I will now be donating it to the blimp project. Thank you.

hillertexas
I am sorry.

Thank you, Elijah!

RonPaulCult
In all fairness I think the "I'm sorry" was real

And I do believe it and appreciate it.

I still want this blimp to happen. I started this thread because I thought we could all have a fresh start between the blimp company and the grassroots where it started.

I mean pro-blimp and anti-blimp....can't we pull together for Ron Paul's sake?

orion846
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
i own page 5. i declare page 5 "orion846-opolis"

rrroae
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Orion, if you read enough of the blimp posts over here, you would understand why some of us are a little aggitated. It's the same 6 or 7 people asking the same question over and over again in every bkimp thread.

Just view the post history of the more vocal anti blimp people and see what you think.

We can't even get a thread going for more than 1 page before one of the anti's stick there head in just to cause a ruckus.

I

orion846
12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Your post has convinced me to donate. I originally had $1000 set aside for a trip to Vegas, but I will now be donating it to the blimp project. Thank you.

i see what you did there

Mental Dribble

all of this coming from a man who sells ron paul gear on Ebay.... with no mention of donating the funds received

Green Mountain Boy
I said it once and I'll say it again: "It's not easy to please a blimp owner, the FEC and the entire Ron Paul grassroots all at the same time!"

If anyone knows they can juggle these things without a hitch, please continue casting your stones.

seapilot
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
In all fairness I think the "I'm sorry" was real

And I do believe it and appreciate it.

I still want this blimp to happen. I started this thread because I thought we could all have a fresh start between the blimp company and the grassroots where it started.

I mean pro-blimp and anti-blimp....can't we pull together for Ron Paul's sake?

AMEN!!!!!! :D

BeFranklin
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Offer condolences? what is this, a f***in funeral?? What do they have to apologize for? They did what was necessary to get this project off the ground. It is not easy pleasing a blimp owner, the FEC, and the Ron Paul grassroots all at the same time.

They did MORE then enough. They got sweetheart deals from lawyers, even a former FEC chairman that has written a book on reforming the campaign laws, and from a free speech advocate when they were concerns about flying over no-fly zones. They contributed money they won't ever get back, worked their ass off, got 2 extensions on the contract time, unpaid volunteers, it just goes on.

Yes, I am ashamed of these people on this thread. I'd like to think they are all fakes from off site, but some of them aren't. Trevor and everyone else has done EXTRODINARY.

macdee
12-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm a new member... so take that into consideration. But I believe some of the people saying negative things about this project are working for other candidates. I've learned to read what the issue is and ask myself does it contribute to the project in a positive way. If not, I really don't bother thinking about it. I wouldn't waist my time posting about it.

orion846
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
in all fairness i'll admit that probably nothign at this point would convince me this is a worthwhile venture. 'first impressions are everything' isnt a coined phrased for no reason. i'm now biased, and i don't really see how anyone could convince me that this isn't a shady operation by 3 people (the rest of you are faithful, i'm not talking about you, just the 3..) who are looking to monopolize on a particularly popular thing.

i could be wrong. i HOPE i am wrong. and i will be extremely happy if this thing actually happens and i'm proven wrong. OH SO happy.

but what little un-biasness was left in me has been squashed by the hordes of people who not only refuse to politely address those of us with concerns, but resort to attacking us, in some mis-guided attempt to help their cause. it baffles me that people don't realize they're CHASING AWAY MONEY, money they need, but whatever. i hope you find enough people unlike me, who haven't made up their minds yet, and i hope it works out.

and i hope youre all right, and you don't get screwed by 3 people in a few weeks.

Mental Dribble
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM

No your a troll because you left out these bullets

1) You make demands that are unreasonable
2) You expect them to cater to YOUR every whim
3) You waste time on these boards bringing people and efforts DOWN instead of building them up or going out and canvassing
4) You act as if your someone special, like you've organized an alternative to blimp when you have done nothing of the sort.
5) You act like you know best, when I'm sure you have not called the FEC laywer and other blimp companies to know the reality of getting this running.

EITHER HELP THE MOVEMENT OR MOVE ON TO AN EFFORT YOU DO SUPPORT. EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR OPINION ALREADY!

NerveShocker
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok Orion... I mean...Mr. Skeptical. Then don't send your money we will do what we like with ours.

Bradley in DC
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Thank you Trevor et al. for all of your hard work.

Tarzan
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
SAY YOU ARE SORRY!

I am sorry.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

You need to say you are sorry for freely volunteering your time and the effort you have spent up to this point including your long distance phone bills and sleepless nights.

You need to say you are sorry for agreeing to accept no pay at all for the first month of operation.

You need to say you are sorry for setting aside your personal life to accept a job paying less than $10 an hour with no benefits and no long term prospects.

You need to say you are sorry for sleeping during the past month when you could have been answering questions from every arm chair desk jockey with a keyboard and an internet connection who hadn't spent any effort on the project but wanted to give you directives.

I think you could say you are sorry about the Iraq conflict too... but, I can't quite figure out a way to blame you for that one.

----------------

more seriously... decisions HAD to be made to have any chance of getting the Blimp project off the ground. The project needed leadership and the time for getting everyone's ideas was up. Managing this project cannot be done by committee... I think the "I'm Sorry" belongs on the other foot.

Mental Dribble
12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
in all fairness i'll admit that probably nothign at this point would convince me this is a worthwhile venture.

but what little un-biasness was left in me has been squashed by the hordes of people who not only refuse to politely address those of us with concerns, but resort to attacking us, in some mis-guided attempt to help their cause.

it baffles me that people don't realize they're CHASING AWAY MONEY, money they need, but whatever. i hope you find enough people unlike me, who haven't made up their minds yet, and i hope it works out.

1) You complain you have not be addressed politely, well bud, YOU HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THE ORGANIZERS POLITELY EITHER

2) You say we are chasing money away... YOU ARE CHASING MONEY AWAY and are intentionally belittling the movement todo so.

Lastly you asked for an apology, got it, but suddenly thats not enough either.

GO WRITE LETTERS TO IOWA, GO BE PRODUCTIVE!

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Not good enough!!!

You need to say you are sorry for freely volunteering your time and the effort you have spent up to this point.

You need to say you are sorry for agreeing to accept no pay at all for the first month of operation.

You need to say you are sorry for setting aside your personal life to accept a job paying less than $10 an hour with no benefits and no long term prospects.

You need to say you are sorry for sleeping during the past month when you could have been answering questions from every arms chair desk jockey with a keyboard and an internet connection.

I think you could say you are sorry about the Iraq conflict... but, I can't quite figure out a way to blame you for that one.

----------------

more seriously... decisions HAD to be made to have any chance of getting the Blimp project off the ground. The project needed leadership and the time for getting everyone's ideas was up. Managing this project cannot be done by committee... I think the "I'm Sorry" belongs on the other foot.

And how are we supposed to know what's going on behind the scenes when nobody tells us?

Yes the "I'm sorry" means a lot to me and I am much more likely to donate now. But honestly I can't believe that I am so attacked on a Ron Paul forum for having different opinions. That's just sad.

I thought most people that support Ron Paul understand the importance of asking questions.

NerveShocker
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Not good enough!!!

You need to say you are sorry for freely volunteering your time and the effort you have spent up to this point.

You need to say you are sorry for sleeping during the past month when you could have been answering questions from every arms chair desk jockey with a keyboard and an internet connection.

I think you could say you are sorry about the Iraq conflict... but, I can't quite figure out a way to blame you for that one.

----------------

Lol. Yeah if anything I feel sorry for Elijah. Not about his pay or anything just the amount of stress it must create when you get attacked relentlessly by people who know virtually nothing about you. I would hate to have to defend baseless attacks against my character and name every day. I think people need to be much more understanding and look at both sides of everything.

BeFranklin
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Lol. Yeah if anything I feel sorry for Elijah. Not about his pay or anything just the amount of stress it must create when you get attacked relentlessly by people who know virtually nothing about you. I would hate to have to defend baseless attacks against my character and name every day. I think people need to be much more understanding and look at both sides of everything.

l...

dirknb@hotmail.com
The purpose of the company is to allow people who are maxed out to be able to legally have an outlet to further the message, it is not meant to deter from donating to the official campaign.

If you have not maxed out, it is best to send directly to the campaign first.

Exactly. The intention was never to defer money from anyone who hasn't maxed out.

The blimp is more than an ad, it's a statement. More power to them. If they even tried to consult with everyone on these forums about everything necessary to make this project happen in a very short amount of time it would never fly. They're offering to make their books and records completely open and transparent.

There are those who want to be a part of making it happen, and those who want to nit pick the project to death. Look at your calendar. It's December 4th. up to now, is there anyone out there who has come up with a publicity stunt so bold? I've seen a lot of criticism over this project, but not one good alternative of this magnitude.

BeFranklin

lets spend more time saying way to go Elijah and Trevor :)

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
But what do you want them to do?

Cut out the "Who Is?" from around the "Ron Paul".

If they would do that, then I'd send the rest of the money that I pledged (I sent $25 within minutes of the site going live to be one of the first before I found out that the message was going to be embarrassing).

After finding out about the rinky-dink message that was set in stone, about 75% of 250 voters voted against the "Who Is?" message in a poll that ran in the 2 days following the blimp site going live.

Instead of saying that he would see if he could excise the decals that contained the "Who Is?" language, Elijah would only say that it couldn't be changed because it "was in production".

Instead of listening to the marketplace demands from 75% of their grassroots market, the marketing geniuses from the Ayn Rand Institute are learning a lesson in free market economics.

rrroae
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
1) You complain you have not be addressed politely, well bud, YOU HAVE NOT ADDRESSED THE ORGANIZERS POLITELY EITHER

2) You say we are chasing money away... YOU ARE CHASING MONEY AWAY and are intentionally belittling the movement todo so.

Lastly you asked for an apology, got it, but suddenly thats not enough either.

GO WRITE LETTERS TO IOWA, GO BE PRODUCTIVE!

I hate seeing it come to this but I think we all know there are certain elements who want to see the blimp fail.

Unfortunately, some of those elements are RP supporters who have taken certain issues of the blimp personannal.

dante
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
RonPaulCult,
I think you've gotten your apology. I too became a detractor from the blimp project when the budget suddenly ballooned to 500k. But there have been some major changes/ improvements since then that have made me as enthusiastic as ever and can't wait to see it.

A. Elijah and Trevor et al came up with an ingenious method of circumventing FEC rules and to top it off have retained a former head of the FEC as legal counsel. How's that for legitimacy.

B. They have said that above all the money that is received goes FIRST to getting the blimp off of the ground and secondly to legal fees to make sure this stays legit. If we as customers don't like these other additional expenses then the solution is quite simple. We don't purchase more than $375k worth of blimp flight time. Its that simple.

C. Considering the amount of time and effort involved on their part a $500 weekly salary is amazingly reasonable even for a project that is grassroots based. They are now quite responsive to our questions and concerns like a grassroots based organization should be.

D. We are already getting press about this. This is going to be huger than our wildest dreams. And with the amount of time its going to be in NH every single resident there will see it. If only we had 50 blimps.

Were there some growing pains yes. That happens often- especially in large projects undertaken quickly. But I feel that they have more than adequately addressed our concerns.... now if they could only sprain paint out the "who is"

millerjd
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
in all fairness i'll admit that probably nothign at this point would convince me this is a worthwhile venture. 'first impressions are everything' isnt a coined phrased for no reason. i'm now biased, and i don't really see how anyone could convince me that this isn't a shady operation by 3 people (the rest of you are faithful, i'm not talking about you, just the 3..) who are looking to monopolize on a particularly popular thing.

i could be wrong. i HOPE i am wrong. and i will be extremely happy if this thing actually happens and i'm proven wrong. OH SO happy.

but what little un-biasness was left in me has been squashed by the hordes of people who not only refuse to politely address those of us with concerns, but resort to attacking us, in some mis-guided attempt to help their cause. it baffles me that people don't realize they're CHASING AWAY MONEY, money they need, but whatever. i hope you find enough people unlike me, who haven't made up their minds yet, and i hope it works out.

and i hope youre all right, and you don't get screwed by 3 people in a few weeks.

I hope you're wrong too. It's not good for anyone to be absurdly loud in the forum for or against a project. Constructive criticism is most definitely welcomed and has done a lot to cut down on cost. Just a week ago, people were worried about just handing over a bunch of money to one person and hope they don't steal it. A company that openly shares it's books is the only legal answer to this situation. They morally thought it was wrong to take away your donation amount to the campaign, so instead of trying to save face and stay with the PAC, they formed the LLC.

If we had known all this in hindsight, granted, some people would have felt better. But there is no way to back track and do it the original way, and at some point you have to cut your losses and move forward.

Is it wrong to have a commercial site on a public grassroots forum even though it benefits your cause? Yeah, it's starting to cross that line. But there are a lot of ways through volunteering in this effort to help the people who were maxed out from FEC laws and the Official Campaign that found a new way to channel their money. I am looking at using my airline miles to help be at the Tea Party 07 event in Boston and be my dream to be a part of the blimp by handing out information.

Although I will not be donating due to not maxing out the RP campaign, I will still find my way to help any related projects.

1000-points-of-fright
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
all of this coming from a man who sells ron paul gear on Ebay.... with no mention of donating the funds received

Why should he mention it? It's none of your business. Some people actually donate to charity and don't make a big deal about it to stroke their ego. Besides, what happened to free market capitalism?

Wyurm
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Hmm, I question who really wants the momentum to go forward. So some of you don't understand why an LLC is more to your advantage than a PAC, so what? So you don't like the idea that someone in the grassroots can have a salary based on your money, I guess you dont like the drive to house and feed people comming to NH either. Enough is enough, this poor subsection is filled with whining and complaining while the blimp has a timeline that needs to be met if you actually want it to take off.

So, you don't like how the blimp project is being run or you simply don't care to put forth the time to research FEC rules (which is time consuming). Fine, why not respect those who do want this project and keep your complaints to one thread? You can gossip and complain all you want while the other supporters are free to discuss this without all your negativity. Its just a request, but a fair one. The same should go for all projects. One complaint thread only. i.e. stop trolling.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm a new member... so take that into consideration. But I believe some of the people saying negative things about this project are working for other candidates. I've learned to read what the issue is and ask myself does it contribute to the project in a positive way. If not, I really don't bother thinking about it. I wouldn't waist my time posting about it.

Thank you. There is an ignore function too, if anyone needs to know how to use it, pm me.

Madison
12-04-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm really glad I stayed clear of this whole project.

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
RonPaulCult,
I think you've gotten your apology. I too became a detractor from the blimp project when the budget suddenly ballooned to 500k. But there have been some major changes/ improvements since then that have made me as enthusiastic as ever and can't wait to see it.

A. Elijah and Trevor et al came up with an ingenious method of circumventing FEC rules and to top it off have retained a former head of the FEC as legal counsel. How's that for legitimacy.

B. They have said that above all the money that is received goes FIRST to getting the blimp off of the ground and secondly to legal fees to make sure this stays legit. If we as customers don't like these other additional expenses then the solution is quite simple. We don't purchase more than $375k worth of blimp flight time. Its that simple.

C. Considering the amount of time and effort involved on their part a $500 weekly salary is amazingly reasonable even for a project that is grassroots based. They are now quite responsive to our questions and concerns like a grassroots based organization should be.

D. We are already getting press about this. This is going to be huger than our wildest dreams. And with the amount of time its going to be in NH every single resident there will see it. If only we had 50 blimps.

Were there some growing pains yes. That happens often- especially in large projects undertaken quickly. But I feel that they have more than adequately addressed our concerns.... now if they could only sprain paint out the "who is"

Great post...

Yes I feel like I've gotten my apology and I think I will donate.

I think all of us that want the blimp should feel assured that many of our concerns have been met.

I also will consider that my donation is going towards the blimp and not a dime towards the things I don't like (500 a week for a web master for example).

Anybody that donates after we reach 350,000 should feel ok with paying for those things.

So I guess what I'm saying is - we're never going to be completely happy but the blimp will lead to Ron Paul winning so........

let's make this thing rise

(now for the people who attacked me in this thread - I think YOU owe me an apology :) )

hillertexas
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Welcome aboard!

millerjd
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Great post...

I think all of us that want the blimp should feel assured that many of our concerns have been met.

I also will consider that my donation is going towards the blimp and not a dime towards the things I don't like (500 a week for a web master for example).

Anybody that donates after we reach 350,000 should feel ok with paying for those things.

So I guess what I'm saying is - we're never going to be completely happy but the blimp will lead to Ron Paul winning so........

(now for the people who attacked me in this thread - I think YOU owe me an apology :) )

I know I lashed out once uncalled for, just frustrated I guess. This project is enormous, and I think we all can agree on this. It isn't as easy as one well-set person with a lot of money to go rent the blimp with enough time on hand.

So... What I am saying, is I am sorry for my out lashing - you know who you are.

Constructive criticism need only apply on both sides.

BeFranklin
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Great post...

I'm sorry.

RonPaulCult
12-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry for not being more level headed about all of this in the first place.

Seriously - let's forget about all of this business stuff and focus on the BLIMP and what it can do.

I mean

I THINK RON PAUL COULD WIN BECAUSE OF THIS BLIMP.

And Ron Paul winning would change the world.

THinking about that makes me feel like I could donate blimp money to hitler if it meant the blimp would happen.

And these blimp guys aren't so bad - I mean - I do NOT agree with all of the choices they have made - and I will continue to voice my conerns (in as respectful a way as possible)

but my fellow anti-blimp people (formerly fellow anti-blimp people I guess) can't we just put this stuff aside - be happy that we've won some battles - and get this thing in the sky?

millerjd
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
And these blimp guys aren't so bad - I mean - I do NOT agree with all of the choices they have made - and I will continue to voice my conerns (in as respectful a way as possible)

+1x10^infitity

OferNave
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

You need to say you are sorry for freely volunteering your time and the effort you have spent up to this point including your long distance phone bills and sleepless nights.

You need to say you are sorry for sleeping during the past month when you could have been answering questions from every arm chair desk jockey with a keyboard and an internet connection who hadn't spent any effort on the project but wanted to give you directives.

I think you could say you are sorry about the Iraq conflict too... but, I can't quite figure out a way to blame you for that one.

----------------

Quoted for truth. Good show. :)

OferNave
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
And how are we supposed to know what's going on behind the scenes when nobody tells us?

Yes the "I'm sorry" means a lot to me and I am much more likely to donate now. But honestly I can't believe that I am so attacked on a Ron Paul forum for having different opinions. That's just sad.

I thought most people that support Ron Paul understand the importance of asking questions.

[Admin - remove personal attack ]

mdevour
12-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Seriously - let's forget about all of this business stuff and focus on the BLIMP and what it can do.

I mean

I THINK RON PAUL COULD WIN BECAUSE OF THIS BLIMP.

And Ron Paul winning would change the world.

THinking about that makes me feel like I could donate blimp money to hitler if it meant the blimp would happen.

I think the above qualifies as a profound statement!!!

Thank you for saying it, Mr. Cult, sir! :D

For Liberty!

Mike D.

RickNHouston
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
PS - those of you that are pro-blimp and pro-blimp staff:

I think you should make the same request if you want people like me to donate

Dayum, dude! If you're not willing to put your money in it then what gives you the right to complain about it ....?? Go Away!

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Woot! What a way to step up and negate some of the bad vibes some are trying to generate here! Hats off to you, sir!

Tarzan
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Woot! What a way to step up and negate some of the bad vibes some are trying to generate here! Hats off to you, sir!

AMEN!!! Kudos to ChrisV

slantedview
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Great post...

I'd just ask, don't confuse attacks from any individual as an attack from the blimp folks themselves, and try not to let it effect you as such.

Criticism is welcome. Repetitive, harrassing, negative for the sake of being negative criticism - such as what we've seen a lot of in the last few days, is not welcome. IMO, this doesn't apply to you.

Anyways.... wecome :)

Menthol Patch
12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
He took a big pay cut and apologized.

What else do you want him to do? Eat cat feces on Youtube?

derdy
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks to the blimp crew for your efforts! I would contribute if I could afford it (and I also haven't maxed out yet).

millerjd
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks to the blimp crew for your efforts! I would contribute if I could afford it (and I also haven't maxed out yet).

There are other non-financial ways to contribute. Not saying anyone HAS to, but if they want to be involved and cannot provide financial support, there are other means. Hopefully I will be at the Tea Party.... I plan to help the campaign and the blimp that helps the campaign.

GeorgiaRPFan
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Waaa waaa waaa - here's an idea, quit yer bitchin and go donate to the blimp like I just did.

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I think we should ask Ron Pauls staff to work for free to.

Some of them do!

-n

Elijah
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Some of them do!

-n

All of them. We have many on our staff working for free to. Charles, Joel, Katharine, Jonathon and many more.

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2007, 06:40 PM
All of them. We have many on our staff working for free to. Charles, Joel, Katharine, Jonathon and many more.

Interesting - Charles, Jonathon and "many more" are not listed on your site as volunteers. In fact they are not listed at all! - did you create a bunch of new positions or something?

As to Ron's campaign staff, I can only think of one other campaign that has volunteers working for it, but this is supposed to be a grassroots project. At least that's how it started and was sold.

-n

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Interesting - Charles, Jonathon and "many more" are not listed on your site as volunteers. In fact they are not listed at all! - did you create a bunch of new positions or something?

As to Ron's campaign staff, I can only think of one other campaign that has volunteers working for it, but this is supposed to be a grassroots project. At least that's how it started and was sold.

-n

Grassroots is not define by non-profit status...Its defined by the people taking initiative to campaign for a person. This fits that description.

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Grassroots is not define by non-profit status...Its defined by the people taking initiative to campaign for a person. This fits that description.

I've never seen a definition for grassroots that had "for profit" in it. Websters however, defines it as: 1) the common people, 2) the basic source of support, as of a movement.

This started out with everyone involved and contributing to what was going to happen. As soon as this company came into play, everything is being done behind closed doors and what was decided was announced. To the extent us "common folk" have any input is by objecting to what they are doing and their attempts to appease their customers so they can get the money. This stopped being a grassroots project the second those articles of incorporation were signed - and actually a bit before that. Didn't have to be that way, but is is.

-n

1000-points-of-fright
12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Jesus H Christ. Enough. If you don't like the way the Blimp project is being handled, then don't donate any money. Already donated? Ask for your money back and keep it between you and the organizers.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is shut the fuck up already.

torchbearer
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Whoa here is a picture of the actual blimp being pulled from the hanger:
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/07/96/38/image_6238967.jpg
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/08/95/38/image_6238958.jpg

From this article about the blimp: http://www.dailyadvance.com/search/content/news/stories/2007/12/03/1204ronpauljh.html

LBT
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I've never seen a definition for grassroots that had "for profit" in it. Websters however, defines it as: 1) the common people, 2) the basic source of support, as of a movement.

-n
Have you heard of Cause Marketing? It is the fastest growing segment of marketing and it has become the backbone of raising money for and promoting charitible causes. Most of it is organized by professional high paid advertising executives.

Oh, but we should stick to 1800's style grassroots campaigning methods, rather that move up to best practice in modern promotion strategies.

Damn these government shools has people brainwashed into thinking that any sign that business is going down is evidence of corruption.

OMG, how dare someone give someone something they want in exchange for cash. Oh the Humanity :eek:

tangent4ronpaul
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Most of it is organized by professional high paid advertising executives.

You do realize that most members of Congress are CEO's or lawyers - don't you?

You do realize that CEO salaries are hundreds of times the average company salary in most businesses.

Have you compared the stiff, boring, and uninspiring ads the campaign is having produced vs the really creative stuff the grassroots is tossing up on YouTube?

Hell, Oboma's stuff is more creative! - like that big brother takeoff.

If you want really good - visit a university art department and grab some creative and talented hippie - they will produce! - CEO's make deals, and shuffle paper.

-n

Publicani
12-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree with RonPaulCult.

BlueGecko
12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
To the new troll above me with one post about negative blimp review

Go see how long you can hold your breath underwater...I bet 50 bucks you can't do it for over an hour

Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post

+1000000000000000

RonPaulCentral
12-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey Pal - SCREW YOU! What makes you think you have the right to speak to people like this? Who the F do you think you are? Go back in your hole.

kimosabi
12-12-2007, 05:46 AM
After reading some of the crap in this thread, I'm thinking of joining the Hillary campaign.

The NWO is right, some of you people deserve what's being planned for you.

The way some of you people are acting, you don't deserve Liberty and Freedom.

To all of the RonPaulBlimp people and all of the patient Blimp Supporters and Contributors, thankyou for all of your efforts and GodSpeed to you all...

argounova
12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
No salaries for anyone, because no one needs to be with the blimp 24/7 to begin with, besides the air crew.
no airfare for anyone. No Jackets.

agreed. this is why i'm NOT donating to the blimp, because i think many of these add-ons are superfluous. fucking jackets? no way. i'm not paying for that.

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
this thread has convinced me NOT to donate. I had $1000 put aside....

lie

re: blimp

i understand why he did it, i will however never be signing up for something of this guy's again, and i'm very thankful i used an email address that i setup for registrations i suspect could lead to spam later, so i can just delete the address once its compromised

You never liked the blimp in the first place, and I could not find one post of yours that was supportive of the blimp.

NewEnd
12-15-2007, 05:41 PM
agreed. this is why i'm NOT donating to the blimp, because i think many of these add-ons are superfluous. fucking jackets? no way. i'm not paying for that.

Then don't.

dmspilot00
12-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I think most people this operation has made mistakes, but this thread is really over the top. It doesn't accomplish anything. Either give them CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or just leave them alone.

Man from La Mancha
12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
With almost 10,000 forum members this post just goes to show us that we are 99.9% behind the blimp people and their valiant hardworking efforts. It also shows how few the same repeating names are.:)

Perry
12-15-2007, 09:03 PM
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

----------------

I got beat up in the second grade once.
Now say you are sorry.:mad: