PDA

View Full Version : Framing the Election: Huckabee Vs. Paul

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 02:34 PM
The election in the mainstream media built by framing and perception, let's use Huckabees status as front runner to our advantage. let's mobilize blogs and press releases that frame the election as boiling down to a Huckabee vs. Paul show-off. To position Paul against Huckabee in the mainstream persons mind is to position him as a front runner. Digg the articles below which are good examples of this.

It's like anything, if you hear it enough it starts to sound true, let's use the MSM tactics againt them and help create the perception of this showdown of two underdog frontrunners.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/13_Ron_Paul_the_Tortoise_Huckabee_the_Hare

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/11_Ron_Paul_vs_Mike_Huckabee

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
How to do this:

- Write Editorials to your local papers about Huckabee vs. Paul

- Write and Publish Blogs Huckabee vs. Paul

- DIGG DIGG DIGG

- When talking to your more politcally apathetic friends frame it this way, you may sound more credible for mentioning other candidates

The point is to frame these two in so Paul becomes a viable option to the mainstream mind, and the rest become has beens. Emphasize Huckabees weak points on taxes, national sales tax, and of course point them toward the rolling stone article.

newbitech
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Great idea this is already starting to happen. Check this out.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2007/12/04/huckabee-fair-tax-quot-like-waving-a-magic-wand-quot.aspx

Huckabee: Fair Tax "Like Waving A Magic Wand"

Jon Chait pointed out in this week's magazine that Mike Huckabee's views on taxes are, quite simply, sheer lunacy. He's not exaggerating. According to the Taxes/Economy page of Mike Huckabee's website:

"Instead we will have the FairTax, a simple tax based on wealth. When the FairTax becomes law, it will be like waving a magic wand releasing us from pain and unfairness."

What could he mean by "a simple tax based on wealth"? Is this more or less nonsensical than Ron Paul's proposal that we return to the gold standard? How is Ron Paul a distant fringe candidate while polls are putting Huckabee second nationwide? Discuss.

--Barron YoungSmith

Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:54 PM with 1 comment(s)

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Let's keep it going then, everyone is curious about Huckabee, everyone want to more, let's give it to them

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 02:55 PM
remember this valuabe marketing concept

Perception = Reality

integrity
12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1933220/posts

Oddball
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Huckabee is merely an anti-abortion democratic.

In favor of relatively high taxes and the IRS...Check
Believes in anthropogenic global warming...Check
Believes in continuing the welfare state...Check
In favor for amnesty for illegals...Check
More of the insane "war" on (some) drugs...Check

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Huckabee is merely an anti-abortion democratic.

In favor of relatively high taxes and the IRS...Check
Believes in anthropogenic global warming...Check
Believes in continuing the welfare state...Check
In favor for amnesty for illegals...Check
More of the insane "war" on (some) drugs...Check

don't tell me that, tell your local papers that, Right now huckabee is a hot topic, if you can write about the Huckster, you'll get peopleto read it, so write and make s ure to sneak comparison to Ron Paul especially on the IRS

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
bump

tonyTheBest
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I think "fair tax" is the most evil thing that would occur to American families.
Imagine this:
A working family spends $400 of their incoming ($2000) on food. Now the fair tax adds a 34% on that $400 so they'll pay $536 for food after tax. So they pay 26.8% for food.
Now an upper class family spends $500 dollars on food of their incoming ($10000). Add fair tax to $500, they'll pay $670 for food after tax. But they only pay 6.7% of their incoming for food.

The poor will get poorer and the rich will get richer.

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
bump

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
bump

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
bump

CelestialRender
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Good idea; Huck's an easy target; easy to mow down once he's very well-liked.

We'd have a hell of a harder time with Romney, since he can spend indefinitely.

robert4rp08
12-04-2007, 07:48 PM
every huckabee article needs taxhikemike.org in the comments section. haha

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
well start typic away already sarting to see a lot of Ron Paul vs. Huckabee articles, let's make the big talking point for the MSM this next month, we'll force it on them

AlexMerced
12-05-2007, 05:51 AM
bump

Ozwest
12-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Huckabee needed to get his poll numbers up before the religious far-right could endorse him.

The media has obliged.

Duh!

Ron Paul Fan
12-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Spread the word about Huckabee releasing a convicted rapist who went out to rape and kill again. He doesn't seem to have good judgement if he's releasing rapists. Isn't this guy a Pastor? I bet he isn't willing to pardon non-violent drug users in jail, but he has no problem handing out pardons to violent rapists. Huckabee is going down and everyone will discover Ron Paul as the only Republican with good morals and good judgement.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
bump, since this digg has become the huckabee scandal central, lol, still I got many stories framing the election that people can dig in my digg profile

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/28_Spreading_the_Ron_Paul_Message_Mobilizing

Unspun
12-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I think "fair tax" is the most evil thing that would occur to American families.
Imagine this:
A working family spends $400 of their incoming ($2000) on food. Now the fair tax adds a 34% on that $400 so they'll pay $536 for food after tax. So they pay 26.8% for food.
Now an upper class family spends $500 dollars on food of their incoming ($10000). Add fair tax to $500, they'll pay $670 for food after tax. But they only pay 6.7% of their incoming for food.

The poor will get poorer and the rich will get richer.

I do not support a Fair Tax outright (I'd much rather have no tax), but I did read Neal Boortz and and John Linder's book and this is an unfair and incorrect representation of the Fair Tax.

First, every person/family gets a check to cover the cost of the bare neccisities. This way no one industry is favored over another. Second the fair tax is only estimated at 23%. Third you don't take in consideration the amount of money you pay in embedded taxes and compliance costs that come included in everything you buy. You also fail to mention how this tax would get rid of the complex tax system we currently have and put in it's place a much simpler tax that would save jobs from going over seas because a lot of big businesses go over seas due to our complicated and costly tax structure.

kevinblack
12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Huckabee vs Paul would be a dream come true. Realistically his doing well is good news for us

*Greetings to all Huck Rangers visiting this post :)

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I do not support a Fair Tax outright (I'd much rather have no tax), but I did read Neal Boortz and and John Linder's book and this is an unfair and incorrect representation of the Fair Tax.

First, every person/family gets a check to cover the cost of the bare neccisities. This way no one industry is favored over another. Second the fair tax is only estimated at 23%. Third you don't take in consideration the amount of money you pay in embedded taxes and compliance costs that come included in everything you buy. You also fail to mention how this tax would get rid of the complex tax system we currently have and put in it's place a much simpler tax that would save jobs from going over seas because a lot of big businesses go over seas due to our complicated and costly tax structure.

it's transparent and simple, but consumer level taxes really hurt the level of consumption which will kill the economy

usage taxes are the way to go

crasster
12-08-2007, 07:53 PM
The election in the mainstream media built by framing and perception, let's use Huckabees status as front runner to our advantage. let's mobilize blogs and press releases that frame the election as boiling down to a Huckabee vs. Paul show-off. To position Paul against Huckabee in the mainstream persons mind is to position him as a front runner. Digg the articles below which are good examples of this.

It's like anything, if you hear it enough it starts to sound true, let's use the MSM tactics againt them and help create the perception of this showdown of two underdog frontrunners.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/13_Ron_Paul_the_Tortoise_Huckabee_the_Hare

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/11_Ron_Paul_vs_Mike_Huckabee

I've said it in posts long ago.... Huckabee is our greatest threat. The trouble is he is articulate and a good speaker and delivers with charismatic elements. He is also funny.

Unfortunately people often vote on who makes them laughrather than who is the smartest and most knowledgeable for the job. I hope Americans are not this naive to do vote this way this election. In my best opinion, I think we are in a DIRE CRISIS in this country. It won't be long before all goes to hell. Hopefully people can think about what is being said rather than just want a chuckle.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I've said it in posts long ago.... Huckabee is our greatest threat. The trouble is he is articulate and a good speaker and delivers with charismatic elements. He is also funny.

Unfortunately people often vote on who makes them laughrather than who is the smartest and most knowledgeable for the job. I hope Americans are not this naive to do vote this way this election. In my best opinion, I think we are in a DIRE CRISIS in this country. It won't be long before all goes to hell. Hopefully people can think about what is being said rather than just want a chuckle.

I aagree, the point of this thread wasn't to declare Huckabee as a threat but to "Frame" it as RP/Huck battle, that way we block out the other candidates from peoples mind. It's a psycological tactic, the media uses this against RP when they repeat "he can't win" over and over again

if we make sure "it's Ron vs Mike" over and over again all over the place, whether in opinion articles, blogs, videos, we can take the framing process int our own hands.

In peoples mind Huckabee is a frontrunner, so to frame it in this manner is to frame RP as a frontrunner in the mind of people who are easily influenced while Undermining all the other annoyances like Mccain and Thompson