PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones Talks Rand and Cruz (worthwhile even if you don't like Alex Jones)

r3volution 3.0
03-24-2015, 01:49 AM
tl;dr = Rand definitely good, Cruz probably good, you guys (his listeners) need to stop being pessimistic, we have a shot here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pj1Dsjm1f0

Xenliad
03-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Why in the world does he think Cruz is (a little bit) smarter than Rand? @15:00

AuH20
03-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Why in the world does he think Cruz is (a little bit) smarter than Rand? @15:00

Cruz's academic credentials at Princeton are pretty impressive. Cruz is a very sharp man but too wooden at times.

mit26chell
03-24-2015, 09:44 AM
AJ is a moron. Cruz is smarter and sleeker than Rand? Um, no. Cruz was sent in by the establishment to take down Rand - they've openly been saying they would do this for months. If Cruz truly believed in libertarian principles he would support Rand, not run against him. Cruz is a schmuck.

ross11988
03-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Just like Gary Johnson did with Ron Paul?

William Tell
03-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Kind of funny... I remember when Alex was freaking out and upset that Rand and Ron backed Ted Cruz. I was defending them at the time, I figured Cruz would be the number 3 guy after Rand and Mike Lee. I never supported Cruz though. Now Alex usually mentions Rand and Cruz together in a generally positive way.:p

I really fail to see why Cruz should get any admiration, though. He never does anything daring politically, he doesn't reach outside his core base like Rand does.

AuH20
03-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Kind of funny... I remember when Alex was freaking out and upset that Rand and Ron backed Ted Cruz. I was defending them at the time, I figured Cruz would be the number 3 guy after Rand and Mike Lee. I never supported Cruz though. Now Alex usually mentions Rand and Cruz together in a generally positive way.:p

I really fail to see why Cruz should get any admiration, though. He never does anything daring politically, he doesn't reach outside his core base like Rand does.

Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform. Granted, I wish he was less pro-Israel and more combative against the NSA, but that's what we are given. I probably would not canvas for him or donate to him, but I could see myself voting for him if made it through the primary gauntlet. The other candidates are frankly atrocious, besides Cruz and Paul. Once again, I'm not looking for a savior. I'm weighing the overall pros and cons. There isn't a perfect candidate frankly.

jmdrake
03-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Okay. I didn't see that coming.

Warlord
03-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform. Granted, I wish he was less pro-Israel and more combative against the NSA, but that's what we are given. I probably would not canvas for him or donate to him, but I could see myself voting for him if made it through the primary gauntlet. The other candidates are frankly atrocious, besides Cruz and Paul. Once again, I'm not looking for a savior. I'm weighing the overall pros and cons. There isn't a perfect candidate frankly.

Cruz would lead us into a war with Iran. He is a nut case.

AuH20
03-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Cruz would lead us into a war with Iran. He is a nut case.

That's highly doubtful with Putin on the other side. Cruz could want war with Iran as much as he desires, but he's not going to start WW3 with Russia & China in this weakened state.

Krugminator2
03-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Cruz isn't bad. He stood up against the NDAA and is willing to wade into the turbulent waters of entitlement reform.

I don't think I have ever heard him talk about entitlement reform. He probably has but not to any meaningful extent. He certainly hasn't introduced legislation and he doesn't bring it up in speeches ever. I just Google him and the last mention of Social Security and Medicare was 2012 in a debate. he was completely absent in the debate over long term unemployment benefits.

It is a pretty sharp contrast to Rand who used to talk about it every speech and has introduced legislation that will haunt him politically. Rand was basically along in describing to the public why lt unemployment benes are bad. To me, entitlement reform is by far the number 1 issue. I don't think Cruz is bad necessarily, but I give him zero credit for wading into turbulent waters.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Former CFR member?

Wife works for Goldman Sachs?

Wife was an advisor to George Bush?

Born in Canada?

Why would anybody vote for this clown and why is AJ supporting him?

AuH20
03-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Former CFR member?

Born in Canada?

Peter Thiel is a CFR member too and he is backing Rand. The CFR is a anti-American organization at it's core but very few understand that a large majority of it's members aren't aware of the mission statement. It's more or less a networking organization that you can improve your business prospects with.

puppetmaster
03-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Former CFR member?

Born in Canada?

nothing questionable here..../s

Are they really deleting wiki info on her?

Peace&Freedom
03-24-2015, 11:13 AM
AJ is a moron. Cruz is smarter and sleeker than Rand? Um, no. Cruz was sent in by the establishment to take down Rand - they've openly been saying they would do this for months. If Cruz truly believed in libertarian principles he would support Rand, not run against him. Cruz is a schmuck.

In our complex world, the establishment has set up a guy to take down Rand, who may also be technically smarter than Rand. Both can be true without being in competition.

AuH20
03-24-2015, 11:23 AM
In our complex world, the establishment has set up a guy to take down Rand, who may also be technically smarter than Rand. Both can be true without being in competition.

Possibly, but even Cruz isn't acceptable to the establishment.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
03-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Possibly, but even Cruz isn't acceptable to the establishment.

Cruz's job isn't to win. It's to split the anti-Bush vote and give the nomination to Jeb.

Working Poor
03-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Cruz's job isn't to win. It's to split the anti-Bush vote and give the nomination to Jeb.

^^^This

specsaregood
03-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Cruz's academic credentials at Princeton are pretty impressive. Cruz is a very sharp man but too wooden at times.

I don't want to get into the who's smarter debate; but what credentials are more impressive than getting admitted to Duke Medical as a college junior? Getting them to waive the bachelor degree requirement? they'd have to be pretty darn impressive to top that.

Uriah
03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't want to get into the who's smarter debate; but what credentials are more impressive than getting admitted to Duke Medical as a college junior? Getting them to waive the bachelor degree requirement? they'd have to be pretty darn impressive to top that.

IIRC, Duke did not have a BA/BS requirement to enter medical school when Rand entered. Nothing was waived. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

FriedChicken
03-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Cruise is one of the least likely candidates to win the primary and even more unlikely to win the general...
so it's hard to believe he is running to win.

there are ways his running could help Rand.
especially if he drops out and supports him.

I guess I'm not 100% convinced he's running to help the establishment candidate.
a feud between supporters isn't helpful though.

We'll see I guess.
slinging mud at Cruise won't do anything but hurt us.
Remember when we ticked off all of Cain's support by making it our mission to convince the world he wasn't a serious candidate?

blowback is real.

philipped
03-24-2015, 05:18 PM

EXACTLY. Unlike Rand, Ted doesn't have to worry about a reelection till 2018. In his mind, he's only running to make sure Governor Bush is his POTUS during his re-election & that the Right To Rise Super PAC can buy him a commercial or two with George P. Bush in TX with left over campaign funds.... *baby barf*

philipped
03-24-2015, 06:25 PM
I guess I'm not 100% convinced he's running to help the establishment candidate.
a feud between supporters isn't helpful though.

We'll see I guess.
slinging mud at Cruise won't do anything but hurt us.
Remember when we ticked off all of Cain's support by making it our mission to convince the world he wasn't a serious candidate?

blowback is real.

He really might NOT be. But at this moment, it's too soon to determine IMO.

specsaregood
03-24-2015, 06:37 PM
IIRC, Duke did not have a BA/BS requirement to enter medical school when Rand entered. Nothing was waived. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps "requirement" was the wrong word; but they generally only accepted students with them.
The exact quote from Duke is, "At the time he was admitted to our medical school, Duke sometimes did admit students of exceptional abilities. Other professional schools have done that," said Schoenfeld, noting that Duke now requires its medical students to have bachelor's degrees"

also worth noting:
"Paul was in the honors program at Baylor and scored about the 90th percentile on the national Medical College Admission Test, Stafford said"

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/05/1377392_contrary-to-some-media-reports.html

As I said, Randals own schooling credentials would be pretty darn tough to beat if that's one's standard for judging intelligence.

idiom
03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
No thoughts on the whereabouts of Cruz's long form birth certificate? The Hypocrisy is dripping.

specsaregood
03-24-2015, 06:45 PM
No thoughts on the whereabouts of Cruz's long form birth certificate? The Hypocrisy is dripping.

Why would there be any thoughts about it when he freely admits he wasn't born in the US?

TaftFan
03-24-2015, 06:46 PM

This is stupid.

1-Cruz admits he was born in Canada. Do you suspect he was born in the U.S.?
2-Cruz never called for Obama's birth certificate.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
03-24-2015, 07:19 PM
EXACTLY.

I hope we're wrong and Cruz is really working with Paul. But I won't believe it unless he drops out immediately after Iowa and endorses Rand.

Vanguard101
03-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Cruz is great

eleganz
03-24-2015, 09:11 PM
As soon as Cruz and Rand begin to exchange shots, Alex will side with Rand and Cruz will be an evil globalist.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Fox news errr I think it was CNN that said that Cruz was eligible to run for president after they researched it.

idiom
03-24-2015, 09:38 PM
This is stupid.

1-Cruz admits he was born in Canada. Do you suspect he was born in the U.S.?
2-Cruz never called for Obama's birth certificate.

2- wasn't talking about Cruz.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Cruz is great

I cant stand him that being said I think he would make a better VP candidate among the riff raff GOP contenders. The best scenario for 2016 would be Paul/Paul.

idiom
03-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Fox news errr I think it was CNN that said that Cruz was eligible to run for president after they researched it.

Did they release a PDF of the long form certificate? Did it have layers?