PDA

View Full Version : Cash Slowly Becoming Illegal Worldwide

DamianTV
03-23-2015, 08:54 PM
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/they-are-slowly-making-cash-illegal

The move to a cashless society won’t happen overnight. Instead, it is being implemented very slowly and systematically in a series of incremental steps. All over the planet, governments are starting to place restrictions on the use of cash for security reasons. As citizens, we are being told that this is being done to thwart criminals, terrorists, drug runners, money launderers and tax evaders. Other forms of payment are much easier for governments to track, and so they very much prefer them. But we are rapidly getting to the point where the use of cash is considered to be a “suspicious activity” all by itself. These days, if you pay a hotel bill with cash or if you pay for several hundred dollars worth of goods at a store with cash you are probably going to get looked at funny. You see, the truth is that we have already been trained to regard the use of large amounts of cash to be unusual. The next step will be to formally ban large cash transactions like France and other countries in Europe are already doing.

Starting in September, cash transactions of more than 1,000 euros will be banned in France. The following comes from a recent Zero Hedge article which detailed what these new restrictions will do…

Prohibiting French residents from making cash payments of more than 1,000 euros, down from the current limit of 3,000 euros.

Given the parlous state of the stagnating French economy the limit for foreign tourists on currency payments will remain higher, at 10,000 euros down from the current limit of 15,000 euros.

The threshold below which a French resident is free to convert euros into other currencies without having to show an identity card will be slashed from the current level of 8,000 euros to 1,000 euros.

In addition any cash deposit or withdrawal of more than 10,000 euros during a single month will be reported to the French anti-fraud and money laundering agency Tracfin.

French authorities will also have to be notified of any freight transfers within the EU exceeding 10,000 euros, including checks, pre-paid cards, or gold.

One of the more important bits:

Most people don’t realize this, but there are minimum quotas for suspicious activity reports that banks must meet. If they do not submit enough suspicious activity reports, they can be fined (or worse).

And now the Obama administration is saying that just filling out suspicious activity reports may not be good enough.

When Cash is Outlawed, only Outlaws will use Cash.

Dr.3D
03-23-2015, 08:58 PM
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/they-are-slowly-making-cash-illegal

One of the more important bits:

Yeah, it looks like some folks are already hording 'cash' for when that happens.

Danke
03-23-2015, 09:03 PM
They use to issue bills of $10,000 denominations. Now we are down to $100 being the largest. What is that? Like $10 adjusted for inflation?

Ya, they are slowly getting rid of cash for transactions.

mrsat_98
03-23-2015, 09:31 PM
http://http://www.gematrix.org/?word=no+more+cash (http://www.gematrix.org/?word=no+more+cash)

lilymc
03-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Not surprising. It's part of their overall plan.

In other news, this is my 1000th post! :p

idiom
03-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Here, you can go almost entirely without using cash or credit cards. I hardly ever handle cash. But I paid my hospital bills in cash and nobody blinked an eye.

Cash is only being restricted where everything has been restricted. Its like the opposite of a canary.

HVACTech
03-23-2015, 11:51 PM

and, "you have much to be proud of"
:rolleyes:

HVACTech
03-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Here, you can go almost entirely without using cash or credit cards. I hardly ever handle cash. But I paid my hospital bills in cash and nobody blinked an eye.

Cash is only being restricted where everything has been restricted. Its like the opposite of a canary.
yeah, that is what I was thinking..

mrsat_98
03-23-2015, 11:55 PM
http://http://www.gematrix.org/?word=no+more+cash (http://www.gematrix.org/?word=no+more+cash)

you should dig up my 666th post.

lilymc
03-23-2015, 11:55 PM
and, "you have much to be proud of"

Thanks... I think.

I'm not sure why you used that smiley. :confused:

jkob
03-24-2015, 12:06 AM
mark of the beast

cindy25
03-24-2015, 06:06 AM
this might be a good thing, as it would hasten the rise of gold and silver. paper, in the bank or in fiat banknotes, can be cancelled at whim. gold can't

acptulsa
03-24-2015, 06:09 AM
When only outlaws can attend garage sales the whole nation will be criminals.

pcosmar
03-24-2015, 06:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cq6SFHlkHc

This was predicted long ago.
No man may buy or sell without the mark.

ghengis86
03-24-2015, 06:50 AM

Lol at garage sales-->busybodies already view yard salers as criminals, with all that potential tax revenue, the fees and permits, the unregulated sale of potentially 'dangerous' items, etc. AND they deal in cash?!???

The horror. The horror...

Stratovarious
03-24-2015, 07:04 AM
How long before they outlaw bartering .....(With criminal intent to live free)

We still need to return to the Gold Standard (Precious Metals), before the presses run out of ink.

Sadly for the Federal Reserve (ponzi banking cartel) we would no longer have use for their services...:cool:

Suzanimal
03-24-2015, 07:10 AM
If you pay in cash you must have something to hide. How long until they use the terrorism excuse to go after Bitcoin?

Fighting the "War on Terror " by Banning Cash

By Joseph T. Salerno
Mises.org
March 24, 2015

It was just a matter of time before Western governments used the trumped up “War on Terror” as an excuse to drastically ratchet up the very real war on the use of cash and personal privacy that they are waging against their own citizens Taking advantage of public anxiety in the wake of the attacks on Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket, France has taken the first step. It seems the terrorists involved partially financed these attacks by cash, as well as by consumer loans and the sale of counterfeit goods. What a shockeroo! The terrorists used CASH to purchase some of the stuff they needed–no doubt these murderers were also shod and clothed and used cell phones, cars, and public sidewalks during the planning and execution of their mayhem. Why not restrict their use? A naked , barefoot terrorist without communications is surely less effective than a fully clothed and equipped one. Despite the arrant absurdity of blaming cash and financial privacy for these crimes, French Finance Minister Michel Sapin brazenly stated that it was necessary to “fight against the use of cash and anonymity in the French economy.” He then announced extreme and despotic measures to further restrict the use of cash by French residents and to spy on and pry into their financial affairs.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/03/joseph-salerno/war-on-cash/

paleocon1
03-24-2015, 07:19 AM
this might be a good thing, as it would hasten the rise of gold and silver. paper, in the bank or in fiat banknotes, can be cancelled at whim. gold can't

Both gold and silver can be confiscated.

Stratovarious
03-24-2015, 07:26 AM
Both gold and silver can be confiscated.

It would have to be found, canceling fiat currency is instant.

kpitcher
03-24-2015, 09:49 PM
If you pay in cash you must have something to hide. How long until they use the terrorism excuse to go after Bitcoin?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/03/joseph-salerno/war-on-cash/

Now that the feds have caught and prosecuted Silk Road, it helps stop the argument that the dark web and bitcoin would allow anyone to do anything. Now that people realize you can have a value system outside of the banks I don't think anyone can put that genie back in.

tangent4ronpaul
03-24-2015, 10:36 PM
With the widespread theft and sale of credit cards, the american people would never go for banning cash.

-t

pcosmar
03-25-2015, 06:02 AM
With the widespread theft and sale of credit cards, the american people would never go for banning cash.

-t
They will just have to replace Cards with an implantable RFID.

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240103190/RFID-ink-product-could-track-humans
http://www.informationweek.com/invisible-rfid-ink-safe-for-cattle-and-people-company-says/d/d-id/1050602?

Perhaps a Mark on the Forehead or Hand.

:(

It will be "sold" as security and convenience.

sam1952
03-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Curious if anyone besides me prefers paying in cash... Example would be going to dinner, dropping 50 - 100, doing that twice a week. Throw in some lunches, another 100 a week. Hey, you got a 1200 a month dining bill on your CC, debit card. F that. When I pay in cash the transaction is done. I never have to think about it again. If I don't have the cash I can't afford it is my theory. Same is true for most things for me. Clothes, electronics, whatever.

Speaking of cash I carry 200 to 500 on me every day. Maybe I'm just an old guy who grew up using cash. I don't have a debit card, I've never used an ATM. I never understood walking around with 10 bucks in your pocket.

I do have a CC and use it as a tool when needed.

jbauer
03-25-2015, 08:38 AM

Wait are you saying that garage sales don't collect, report and pay taxes on all their transactions?

idiom
03-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Curious if anyone besides me prefers paying in cash... Example would be going to dinner, dropping 50 - 100, doing that twice a week. Throw in some lunches, another 100 a week. Hey, you got a 1200 a month dining bill on your CC, debit card. F that. When I pay in cash the transaction is done. I never have to think about it again. If I don't have the cash I can't afford it is my theory. Same is true for most things for me. Clothes, electronics, whatever.

Speaking of cash I carry 200 to 500 on me every day. Maybe I'm just an old guy who grew up using cash. I don't have a debit card, I've never used an ATM. I never understood walking around with 10 bucks in your pocket.

I do have a CC and use it as a tool when needed.

Your money system seems borked. Here all our cards are bank account to bank account, direct transmission, no fees. You can all pay a portion of your bill on your cell phone, again no credit card company involved.

Stores don't have to hold cash, there are no worries about CC charge-backs, or cash counterfeiting. The banks don't charge fees partly out of competition, partly because they have to handle a lot less cash, and partly because money spends more time in bank accounts this way.

I only use a debit card when shopping online.

Cash I use occasionally, for the odd taxi that doesn't have a direct payment system, or when I feel like it on a lark. But I end up with coins everywhere. I hate coins.

PaulConventionWV
03-25-2015, 01:44 PM
They use to issue bills of $10,000 denominations. Now we are down to $100 being the largest. What is that? Like $10 adjusted for inflation?

Ya, they are slowly getting rid of cash for transactions.

They got rid of the big bills so that it would be easier to spot someone who was carrying large amounts of cash. Hence, the drug war, civil asset forfeiture, etc.

sam1952
03-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Your money system seems borked. Here all our cards are bank account to bank account, direct transmission, no fees. You can all pay a portion of your bill on your cell phone, again no credit card company involved.

Stores don't have to hold cash, there are no worries about CC charge-backs, or cash counterfeiting. The banks don't charge fees partly out of competition, partly because they have to handle a lot less cash, and partly because money spends more time in bank accounts this way.

Cash I use occasionally, for the odd taxi that doesn't have a direct payment system, or when I feel like it on a lark. But I end up with coins everywhere. I hate coins.

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree. It doesn't work for me. The value of cash is you can't do anything with it but spend it. It's done, gone. No further involvement needed. No statement to check, balance to reconcile, thought to enter my mind. That has VALUE to me. More than worrying about a few pennies in interest, spread sheet of my spending, ect.

Honestly though, and I'm going out there, cash improves my quality of life. Examples, if I have cash and enjoying myself I order the steak with a bottle of wine. When worried about balances and what I can afford its chicken with a glass of wine. Cash makes me truly decide if I want something. It's so easy to swipe a CC for a pair of shoes but when pulling cash out of my pocket it really makes me think how I'm spending my money and if I really want something. That has real value to me.

Being 62 this is how I've run my life. I like it this way. Now I understand growing up and living in different times but I'm not changing at this point. btw, I've used CC in my business all my life for tax and record keeping and it has it's place with me. I'm speaking strictly personally.

sam1952
03-25-2015, 03:25 PM
PS I'm going to meet two female friends for their birthday celebration tonight. Stop at the flower shop, $25 in roses, buy a few rounds, get the check pay the bill, tip the server (in cash, they like that) and never think about the money I spent again :)

Life is good!

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2015, 03:39 PM
I understand what you are saying and don't disagree. It doesn't work for me. The value of cash is you can't do anything with it but spend it. It's done, gone. No further involvement needed. No statement to check, balance to reconcile, thought to enter my mind. That has VALUE to me. More than worrying about a few pennies in interest, spread sheet of my spending, ect.

Honestly though, and I'm going out there, cash improves my quality of life. Examples, if I have cash and enjoying myself I order the steak with a bottle of wine. When worried about balances and what I can afford its chicken with a glass of wine. Cash makes me truly decide if I want something. It's so easy to swipe a CC for a pair of shoes but when pulling cash out of my pocket it really makes me think how I'm spending my money and if I really want something. That has real value to me.

Being 62 this is how I've run my life. I like it this way. Now I understand growing up and living in different times but I'm not changing at this point. btw, I've used CC in my business all my life for tax and record keeping and it has it's place with me. I'm speaking strictly personally.

Not that I'm advocating plastic, but how is any of that different from a Debit Card? I am not a fan of credit, but I've been using debit cards since they first hit the big time in the middle 90's.

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2015, 03:40 PM

Debit cards are very common here too.

Ronin Truth
03-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Woe be unto thee!

Prepare for the coming of the Mark of the Beast. :eek:

sam1952
03-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Not that I'm advocating plastic, but how is any of that different from a Debit Card? I am not a fan of credit, but I've been using debit cards since they first hit the big time in the middle 90's.

Back in the day there weren't debit cards. Running a small business using a CC or in house accounts to track business purchases, gasoline, materials anything business related was/is used as a tool for tax purposes. Plus the added benefit of using the money without interest (zero balance every month). When debit cards came out continuing to use a CC was still more advantages.

But business and personal use are totally separate concepts to me. For personal, I like and use cash for reasons stated.

cindy25
03-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Back in the day there weren't debit cards. Running a small business using a CC or in house accounts to track business purchases, gasoline, materials anything business related was/is used as a tool for tax purposes. Plus the added benefit of using the money without interest (zero balance every month). When debit cards came out continuing to use a CC was still more advantages.

But business and personal use are totally separate concepts to me. For personal, I like and use cash for reasons stated.

credit and debit cards leave a paper record. so using a debit card means you have to pay the sales tax, the vendor has to record the sale for income tax purposes, the banks get their 3% etc etc

using a debit card at Wal Mart makes no difference, but at a flea market, or with a sole proprietor mechanic it does.

idiom
03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Debit Cards still run through the major credit card companies and have fees associated with them.

DamianTV
03-26-2015, 02:05 AM
I always thought it was quite funny how "Debit" Card is associated with having money saved, and "Credit" Card has less of a direct verbal association with "Debt". Basically, if you have money, you use Debit, not Debt to pay for stuff. Betcha that was by design...

nobody's_hero
03-26-2015, 09:33 AM
As much as I hate fiat currency, it does seem just marginally better than fully-electronic manipulation.

I'm splitting hairs, I know. But, yeah, soon there will be no privacy whatsoever with transactions.

donnay
03-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Woe be unto thee!

Prepare for the coming of the Mark of the Beast. :eek:

It's already here!

sam1952
03-26-2015, 02:20 PM
As much as I hate fiat currency, it does seem just marginally better than fully-electronic manipulation.

I'm splitting hairs, I know. But, yeah, soon there will be no privacy whatsoever with transactions.
This too ^^^

Not that I use cash for this reason but I also don't like being tracked. How much I spend in a bar, where, what time and how long I was there is nobody's business. Don't think they don't use those records either. I've talked to business owners who are concerned about the tracking of number of drinks in what time frame a customer drinks and their liability. All those debit/CC bits of info....yikes, lol

GunnyFreedom
03-26-2015, 02:57 PM
This too ^^^

Not that I use cash for this reason but I also don't like being tracked. How much I spend in a bar, where, what time and how long I was there is nobody's business. Don't think they don't use those records either. I've talked to business owners who are concerned about the tracking of number of drinks in what time frame a customer drinks and their liability. All those debit/CC bits of info....yikes, lol
As someone who buys thousands of dollars worth of tools and materials every year for my business, I actually appreciate how Home Depot automatically sends receipts to my email when I use my debit card. It makes taxes easier, since without deducting my expenses I'd be totally screwed.

nobody's_hero
03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
As someone who buys thousands of dollars worth of tools and materials every year for my business, I actually appreciate how Home Depot automatically sends receipts to my email when I use my debit card. It makes taxes easier, since without deducting my expenses I'd be totally screwed.

I wouldn't lecture you since I know you'd agree, but that's a prime example of how convenience has lured people into the grid. Eh, we all do it.