PDA

View Full Version : Check Out the 'Race Guide' Starbucks is Issuing with it's New Campaign

AuH20
03-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Is this some joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZ3jmvdiww&t=263

phill4paul
03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Never went to Starbucks. Don't intend to.

Carlybee
03-23-2015, 12:33 PM
They've cancelled it

AuH20
03-23-2015, 12:35 PM
They've cancelled it

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/starbucks-scraps-their-race-together-initiative-20150322

Danke
03-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I have seen them on TV.

Stratovarious
03-23-2015, 12:56 PM
I would just right across the page: Obamaholdersharptonholder, they are your problem, they are your solution.

, ,

CPUd
03-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Their employees were supposed to engage customers in a racial discussion. People were asking them how come no Starbucks in Ferguson. Starbucks cancels their campaign.

phill4paul
03-23-2015, 01:06 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/starbucks-scraps-their-race-together-initiative-20150322

I don't read USA Today either.

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Anti-white sentiment is the last form of socially acceptable, PC racial bigotry. No one has a problem with racial communities that are non-white, or political agitation on behalf of a non-white race. No one would care one whit if a black person chose to associate exclusively with other blacks, or if their parents had any white friends. I will say that this campaign is marginally preferable to the "we are all the saaaaame" narrative I thought they'd be pushing.

paleocon1
03-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Anti-white sentiment is the last form of socially acceptable, PC racial bigotry. No one has a problem with racial communities that are non-white, or political agitation on behalf of a non-white race. No one would care one whit if a black person chose to associate exclusively with other blacks, or if their parents had any white friends. I will say that this campaign is marginally preferable to the "we are all the saaaaame" narrative I thought they'd be pushing.

Pretty much why I see the Natural Right to Disassociate as of primary importance.

idiom
03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Bringing out the collectivists in droves. Even here.

morfeeis
03-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Cant we all just agree that must people are assholes no matter what race they are and get on with it?

tangent4ronpaul
03-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Article I read said they were supposed to write something like #racetogether or something like that on larger cups and engage people in discussions on race. Results as reported, an example:

Wrote that on hundreds of cups.
2 customers asked what that was all about.
No discussions of race happened.

Don't go in there often, but they almost always have a pretty good line because the specialty drinks take so long to make. I bet the wait got a lot longer just for the time it took to write that on cups and if a discussion had actually happened people would have gotten really pissed off and walked.

Stupid idea!
They pulled it after a week.

-t

Origanalist
03-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Cant we all just agree that must people are assholes no matter what race they are and get on with it?

Well, yes.

tod evans
03-23-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm geographical-ist....

I shun city folk...

Stratovarious
03-23-2015, 03:30 PM
I went to Starbucks back when I was still in OC Ca. , asked for Shell or Arco coffee, wound up with something I couldn't
pronounce.

, ,

morfeeis
03-23-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm geographical-ist....

I shun city folk...

While that may have been said as tongue in cheek; this would not be such a bad measure of people. On statistical basis people from larger more populated urban areas are far more likely to cause you harm than any one race of people. Pack a lot of people in a small area sit back and just watch the carnage…..

tod evans
03-23-2015, 03:34 PM
While that may have been said as tongue in cheek; this would not be such a bad measure of people. On statistical basis people from larger more populated urban areas are far more likely to cause you harm than any one race of people. Pack a lot of people in a small area sit back and just watch the carnage…..

Just look at the silly shit they vote for.....:eek: