PDA

View Full Version : Daniel McAdams: Why Washington Provides Neither Peace Nor Prosperity

Suzanimal
03-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Great interview of Daniel McAdams. He talks about Ukraine, Russia, his very interesting life, and what's going on at RPI.

From the Bionic Mosquito

Today’s DB interview is with Daniel McAdams, from the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity. The interview offers a valuable reminder that war is the issue for all individuals concerned with libertarian, liberal, and free-market (e.g. Austrian) ideas.

I offer only a couple of quotes from the interview:

I view [the Institute’s] number one priority to be fighting war propaganda. Calling out the lies of the neocons and a lapdog mainstream media that walks lock-step with the US regime, regardless of which party is in power.

I am not aware of many organizations that do this regularly and continuously, as a matter of principle (of course, LRC and the Mises Institute come to mind). Speaking out against war is an end unto itself, the single-most important work that can be done by those concerned with liberty and freedom.

[The Institute] hope[s] to expand our outreach this coming year to include small seminars, conferences, and eventually a foreign policy summer school modeled on the Mises Institute’s summer program in Austrian economics.

I applaud this effort; in addition to the summer program in Austrian economics at the Mises Institute, it seems to me that there is a need for two other such programs – the one mentioned by McAdams regarding foreign policy and another on revisionist history regarding war. I guess these latter two may be combined, as understanding the lies of wars past offers a good foundation for developing sound foreign policy today.

Read the interview; support all voices against aggressive war.

Daily Bell: How about yourself? Other plans? Additional personal or professional outreach?

Daniel McAdams: Lately I have been involved with helping Dr. Paul set up his Ron Paul Liberty Report. He is no longer associated with the Voices of Liberty and is working on launching his own regular Internet television program closer in line with his perspectives and drawing from our rich circle of brilliant friends and associates worldwide.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/03/no_author/wars-penury-and-the-power-elite/

Ronin Truth
03-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Because Washington is just people, and they are no where near to being magic. Plus they are operating from an all together different agenda than peace and prosperity.

Henry Rogue
03-24-2015, 04:05 AM
Because Washington is just people, and they are no where near to being magic. Plus they are operating from an all together different agenda than peace and prosperity.

People call Las Vegas sin city, but Vegas has got nothing on D.C.