PDA

View Full Version : Drug Test Kids Before They Can Inherit From Parents

DamianTV
03-20-2015, 05:45 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/18/dem-says-kids-should-be-drug-tested-before-they-can-inherit-from-their-parents/

Democratic Rep. Linda Sanchez offered a baffling defense of the death tax Wednesday during a hearing examining the sometimes unbearable burden it places on family farms and businesses.

People receiving food stamps have to pass drug tests or meet work requirements to receive taxpayer dollars, Sanchez reasoned, so it’s only fair that those “lucky” enough to inherit wealth should have to do something to earn it or, in this case, pay a tax.

“What work requirements are there to inherit up to $10 million tax free?” she asked a witness, rhetorically.

“Why is that [a single mother] should be drug tested, which is an unrelated requirement to receive food assistance, to make sure that her family has enough to eat,” she asked. “And people who are lucky enough to inherit millions of dollars are literally required to do nothing to get the federal tax benefit with their inheritance?”

Sanchez acknowledged that Americans should value hard work, but bemoaned the “paradox” that occurs when they want to work hard so they can accumulate wealth to live off of in retirement and pass on to their children.

“We don’t believe in an aristocracy, or that it’s a good societal thing for dynasties to hoard their wealth and leave the rest to fight over the crumbs,” she said. “That’s just not how this country was founded.”

“But we have a paradox here in this country, where we think you should work hard to get where you are … but by the same token, everyone wants to make enough money to where they can retire and not have to work,” she continued. “And they want to preserve increasingly larger and larger chunks of their wealth.”

What the fuck is wrong with this womans brain? Seriously? So kids fail a drug test, and who gets the money, her? The Govt? Cui Bono? Who benefits from that? Certainly not society. Anyone with more than two dimes to rub together will leave this country if we end up with laws like that. And more importantly, the rich, filthy rich, and 0.001% will probably not have any tolerance for this as they are probably the biggest drug users as compared to the occasionall puff puff of a pot smoker... So please, by all means, tear this woman and her assinine idea to shreds.

Root
03-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Share the wealth comrade

otherone
03-20-2015, 08:23 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/412/035/c56.png

Cleaner44
03-20-2015, 08:44 AM
The communists in CA have no bounds to their stupidity.

acptulsa
03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
It would seem that they aren't stealing enough from innocent people whose grandchildren are caught with contraband through their 'confiscate anything that might have been bought with drug dealing profits' looting scheme.

Or, at least, like any mafia boss, they think they aren't stealing enough from the innocent.

presence
03-20-2015, 09:03 AM
What work requirements are there to inherit up to $10 million tax free?

Honor Thy Mother and Father?

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Perhaps she wants drug tests (random) on representatives of the people?

JK/SEA
03-20-2015, 09:13 AM
i'd go along with this only if EVERYONE in Congress had to submit to random drug and alcohol testing twice a year...

phill4paul
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
i'd go along with this only if EVERYONE in Congress had to submit to random drug and alcohol testing twice a year...

Not twice a year. Before every vote.

jbauer
03-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Someone should let her know that it'd be very easy for her to set up her own trust that says when, how and where her kids get her money.

As for my money and my kids....its none of your damn business.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Asset Forfeiture 2.0

Stratovarious
03-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Why aren't these Fascists thrown out of office in court for violating their Oaths of office to 'uphold the constitution' ?

Title 5, Section 3331 of the United States Code. It reads: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and DEFEND the CONSTITUTION of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. SO HELP ME GOD.”

The New America >>>>> PRESUMPTION OF GUILT ....

Also 99% of adults in America today are guilty of several felonies under the 1000s of new laws.
With the help of NSA and FCC, supporters of the US Constitution will be targeted charged and disappeared.

, ,

DamianTV
03-20-2015, 05:43 PM
It would seem that they aren't stealing enough from innocent people whose grandchildren are caught with contraband through their 'confiscate anything that might have been bought with drug dealing profits' looting scheme.

Or, at least, like any mafia boss, they think they aren't stealing enough from the innocent.

An extension of that is a rationalization by turning those who are actually innocent into perceived guilty. Drug users are actually innocent. But using a rationalization to perceive the innocent as guilty, theft no longer is percieved as a crime.

Next problem is this ideology opens a door to everything else other than Drugs. That person is a Thougth Criminal, therefore they do not have any Right (as if that Right is granted by us, switch the application of terms of Rights and Permissions, Rights can NOT be granted) to Inheritance. Confiscation through the Rationalization by Criminalization is an Ego Defense Mechanism that validates Theft in the minds of those that do the confiscating, and that is a Mental Illness of which most of our so called "Leaders" suffer from.

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2015, 06:27 PM
“And people who are lucky enough to inherit millions of dollars are literally required to do nothing to get the federal tax (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/#) benefit with their inheritance?”
This Statist, elitist attitude of "what's yours is ours unless we let you have it" pisses me right off. :mad: This kind of thing is why it's apt to liken the State to the mafia.

tod evans
03-20-2015, 07:07 PM
I'd much rather see anybody running for public office be required to prove they've tripped on psychedelics 25 times before they could be considered fit.

That'd eliminate a whole lot of BS right up front.

Stratovarious
03-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I'd much rather see anybody running for public office be required to prove they've tripped on psychedelics 25 times before they could be considered fit.

That'd eliminate a whole lot of BS right up front.
Agreed, been saying this for years, the most critically important jobs in America are Political Office.

Drug Test Congress.

Stratovarious
03-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Dear Democratic Rep. Linda Sanchez ,
You've set the bar too low, why not TEST:
Lottery Winners
Sweepstake Winners
Contest Winners
Door Prize Winners
Bingo Winners
Nasscar Drivers
Bankers
Lawers
Doctors
Accountants
Those with annual incomes
exceeding $550,000.
Those with annual incomes
exceeding $100,000
Those with incomes....period
Most of all , money grabbing leaches
like yourself.

, ,

LibForestPaul
03-20-2015, 09:25 PM
This Statist, elitist attitude of "what's yours is ours unless we let you have it" pisses me right off. :mad: This kind of thing is why it's apt to liken the State to the mafia.
She was voted in; and she will be voted in again.