PDA

View Full Version : Take a minute to send a POSITIVE note to The View

JustAnotherV
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
If they get a lot of good feedback they are more likely to invite him back.

I know there are some mixed feelings on the appearance and getting caught in some debate over abortion for a good chunk of the time, but Ron handled it OK and they still appeared to be receptive toward him despite some opposing views.

This show has a wide reach and a demographic that we are not so hot with right now. I think it would be great if we could keep this channel open for future visits. Heck even occasional mentions on the show are still a plus.

Show your support, and lots of it, especially if you are female (a bunch of random letters from dudes might make them wonder how much is their regular audience...), by sending them a quick note with a thank you or compliment or whatever.

If you want to request that he come back on to hear more, that could help also depending on how much they listen to requests, as long as it is a polite request. It's important to just say something nice though. Positive reinforcement here is key.

JordanL
12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree. Attacking someone for not giving Paul a fair shake is somewhat understandable, but these women gave him a fair chance. Attacking them for not agreeing makes us no better than the "group-think" neo-cons we all despise.

xexkxex
12-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds good.

May I suggest being very polite and thanking the ladies and the producers for giving Ron Paul a platform???

Link to ask The View question or leave comments...

h ttp://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

:)

Blowback
12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, lets try and undo the probable harm some of our other forum posters (don't rule out Romney campaigners trying to give us a bad name and turn people off) have probably caused.

I think sending a nice note would help them bring hi back on. They obviously didn't get a chance to ask all the questions they wanted yet.

jpinkerton
12-04-2007, 02:13 PM
BUMP

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

newbitech
12-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I cooked this up for them.

Hi, I do not own a T.V. set but thanks to the Ron Paul Revolution, I was exposed to your show. I am sure that many of your regular viewers appreciate the fact that Ron Paul has the courage to stand up for what he believes in. I really appreciate that your hostesses were willing to have a serious discussion about issue that are important to our country.

I know many women are concerned about their personal rights and specifically the right to choose abortion. This is a very touchy subject because ultimately, most of us agree that abortion is a very personal decision. I am pleased to know that even if some do not agree with Ron Paul, at least the man was given a chance by your show to express what he stands for.

Thanks to "The View" giving Ron Paul a fair shake, I am confident now that millions of women will now be able to make an informed decision. My only regret, as your hostesses expressed, is that the good Doctor did not have more time to espouse his stance.

Thank you again and I will definitely recommend your show to others as a show that is concerned about embracing the idea of freedom in the political arena!

Cleaner44
12-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I thanked them and also passed along my website, www.thecaseforronpaul.com so that Joy Behar could see that Dr. Paul really can win.

tamor
12-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I also sent a nice thank-you to them. TV exposure is very important

JordanL
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Here was mine:

Let me preface my comments by stating that I am a guy who does not make a regular habit of watching the View. I'm not exactly the target audience.

I am however an avid supporter of Ron Paul, and thus tuned in with trepidation and excitement to see the views expressed by the hostesses on the show.

I wanted to express my own personal gratitude for the level of professionalism which all of the hostesses gave with respect for Ron Paul, and their insistence on discussing the issues that are important to them.

I feel that it is vitally important to visit what everyone finds important and to get to know their reasons for holding those positions.

The women on the View were far more intelligent, professional and on topic than most of the male hosts of "news" shows on various networks, and it was heartening to know that at least SOMEONE out there understands the issues and is willing to give the good Doctor a chance to express himself.

I hope that he will have the opportunity to return in the future and further discuss the issues that are important to women across America.

Thank you,
Jordan LeDoux

PS: I apologize in advance for the plethora of "hate" mail you, particularly Joy, is bound to receive in regards to specific aspects of the interview. Being a constant underdog invites certain individuals to beleive that everyone is out to get them, and this has caused some to be blind to how professional and high quality the interview was.

jaybone
12-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Sent my 2C too:
I would just like to thank you for having Dr. Ron Paul on your show today. I found the interview to be intersting and refreshingly civil. I have seen Dr. Paul attacked by interviewers so many times it makes me very happy when he is given a chance to explain his positions.
You have all shown that there is still room for civil discourse and even disagreement in this polarized country.
Kudos

JustAnotherV
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
still a window of opportunity here. use it or lose it. (yes I sent a letter too ;) )

FSP-Rebel
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but I had to re-inforce (send a remark to) the fact that Joy's comment about how Paul can't win was obviously very disenfranchising. The format was crap, though we accepted. It just seemed Whoopi was just trying to hear herself talk and thus clogged up the show. 5 mins is too little for Paul to explain 3 issues articulately (and receive an educated approval), let alone more.

fortilite
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Done, hope he's on again.

LizF
12-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Done!