PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to grab CSPAN video?

Matt Collins
03-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Anyone know how to grab video off of CSPAN's website?

Natural Citizen
03-18-2015, 08:32 PM

That's theft, Matt. Whatsamatter wit you, man...

I'm tellin...

Mr.NoSmile
03-18-2015, 08:39 PM
For your own purposes? I know of one, and only one hard to find program literally called C-SPAN downloader back in....2011, I want to say, but it's extremely difficult to come across since C-SPAN is very protective of their footage, which is why, I believe, you can't download videos from their site.

acptulsa
03-18-2015, 08:49 PM
For your own purposes? I know of one, and only one hard to find program literally called C-SPAN downloader back in....2011, I want to say, but it's extremely difficult to come across since C-SPAN is very protective of their footage, which is why, I believe, you can't download videos from their site.

Gotta make sure what they put down the Memory Hole stays down the Memory Hole...

orenbus
03-18-2015, 08:56 PM

Anything that can be viewed on a website can be captured including video streams.

Bastiat's The Law
03-18-2015, 08:58 PM

What clip do you want?

muh_roads
03-18-2015, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_Oi-qkbZ8

tangent4ronpaul
03-18-2015, 10:21 PM
That's theft, Matt. Whatsamatter wit you, man...

I'm tellin...

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_Oi-qkbZ8

And we don't have a thumbs up emoticon - punt - :)

+rep

C-SPAN footage is mostly produced by Congress, Making it US public property and exempt from copy write.

Every year they have a video contest with prises in different grade ranges where they REQUIRE the participants to use C-SPAN footage and encourage spreading it far and wide.

Copywrite doesn't mean anything to C-SPAN unless it's from a commercial news channel where they stick to "fair use" rules per broadcast.

These guys are non-profit, peeps!

-t