PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck 'done' with Republican Party

Suzanimal
03-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Glenn Beck, the conservative/libertarian radio host and media entrepreneur, said Wednesday that he is officially done with the Republican Party.

"I’ve made my decision – I’m out. I’m out of the Republican Party," Beck said on his radio show. "I am not a Republican; I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out. I highly recommend – run from the Republican Party. They are not good."

Beck's apparent frustration lies with the GOP's inability to defeat President Obama's actions on healthcare and immigration, as well as the establishment wing's opposition to insurgent Senators like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz.

"They ran and they said they were doing all of these great things and they were going to stand against Obamacare and illegal immigration – they set us up," Beck said. "They set us up. Enough is enough. They’re torpedoing the constitution and they’re doing it knowingly. They’re taking on people like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and they are torpedoing them. Knowingly."

"So I’m done with them," Beck continued. "Four years ago I was with them. Four years ago I said work from the inside: let’s change it. Let’s get new guys in there. It’s too late.”

Beck, who achieved national fame and notoriety as a Fox News host, wields a significant amount of influence among conservatives and libertarians. He launched his own news site TheBlaze, which includes television, radio and digital platforms, in 2011.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/03/glenn-beck-done-with-republican-party-204175.html?cmpid=sf

AuH20
03-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Glenn sold his soul if you know anything about his radio background.

http://www.businessinsider.com/11-surprising-things-you-didnt-know-about-mormons-2011-6#the-cia-and-the-fbi-have-mormon-recruitment-programs-5

The apparent incorruptibility of Mormons' moral righteousness make them ideal candidates for the nation's law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

Mormons are disproportionately represented in the CIA. A recruiter told the Salt Lake Tribune that returned Mormon missionaries are valued for their foreign language skills, abstinence from drugs and alcohol, and respect for authority.

acptulsa
03-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Has there ever been an attention whore in all of history who, when he figured out that Clique X was done with him or her, did not stand up and loudly proclaim, 'I am DONE with Clique X!!!'

Christian Liberty
03-18-2015, 10:23 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/11-surprising-things-you-didnt-know-about-mormons-2011-6#the-cia-and-the-fbi-have-mormon-recruitment-programs-5

From what I've heard Mormonism teaches against even preaching the gospel where government says not to do so. They are statist cowards, even worse than today's evangelicals.

speciallyblend
03-18-2015, 10:25 AM
beck caught on cam speaking to a class explaining this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

cajuncocoa
03-18-2015, 10:59 AM
I wish he'd stop labeling himself as a libertarian. He's giving us a bad name among people who don't know better.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Ted Cruz http://i.imgur.com/oIOKqJj.gif

Root
03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Glenn who???

:rolleyes:

JK/SEA
03-18-2015, 11:26 AM
Glenn who???

yeah...i thought he died a few years ago...

Thor
03-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Buck Feck

Warlord
03-18-2015, 11:41 AM
I wish he'd stop labeling himself as a libertarian. He's giving us a bad name among people who don't know better.

I don't think he calls himself a libertarian, whoever wrote the article is making that assumption

Anti Federalist
03-18-2015, 11:52 AM
From what I've heard Mormonism teaches against even preaching the gospel where government says not to do so. They are statist cowards, even worse than today's evangelicals.

Seriously?

Ender
03-18-2015, 12:25 PM

Ummmm....not true.

The problem is that the Mormons are a conquered people, much like the Indians; the big difference is that the Indians know they were conquered but the modern Mormon does not. The feds took their land and essentially their religion. Children were forced into public schools to become de-indoctrinated from Mormonism.

The extermination order in Missouri was only receded in 1980- I believe. Up till then it was legal to shoot a Mormon on sight.

The Mormon leadership has spent a 100+ years keeping their people safe and alive. The good news is that the younger generations are becoming aware and many are RP supporters.

AuH20
03-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Maybe he was better off drunk and insignificant...

http://religiondispatches.org/how-mormonism-built-glenn-beck/

This is what happens when Beck tells the story of his 1999 conversion to Mormonism.

“I was friendless, working in the smallest radio market I had ever worked in… a hopeless alcoholic, abusing drugs every day,” Beck said in an interview taped last fall. “I was trying to find a job and nobody would hire me… couldn’t get an agent to represent me.”

That’s when Beck’s wife-to-be Tania suggested that the family go on a “church tour,” which finally led (after some prodding from Beck’s longtime on-air partner Pat Gray, a Mormon) to his local Mormon wardhouse. Six months later, the Beck family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

helmuth_hubener
03-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Wow, sometimes you seem like such an angry person, FF. :(

Tod
03-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Am I supposed to know who he is?

freejack
03-18-2015, 12:52 PM
He'll be backing a neocon in 5...4...3...2...

ClydeCoulter
03-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Beck..... wields a significant amount of influence among conservatives and libertarians.

So, he is being poised to coopt that word too?

PRB
03-18-2015, 01:31 PM
what's he going to do? start a new one?

PatriotOne
03-18-2015, 01:36 PM
CIA pied piper Glen Beck has his marching orders. Divide and conquer Rand Paul.

Todd
03-18-2015, 01:40 PM
He'll be backing a neocon in 5...4...3...2...

Could be a Democrat...

Maybe that's who he should consider.

ZENemy
03-18-2015, 01:54 PM
He's coming around?

Pericles
03-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Wasn't he "done" with the Republicans in 2009? Or was it 2010? I forgot because I wasn't paying attention.

sparebulb
03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Beck is certainly not "done" with being an operative of John Huntsman Sr/Jr and, by extention, Harry Reid.

I miss the good old days of the long Beck coming around threads.

ZENemy
03-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Wasn't he "done" with the Republicans in 2009? Or was it 2010? I forgot because I wasn't paying attention.

All!

Suzanimal
03-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Glenn: I’m a liberal…

Don’t panic, Glenn has not pulled an Arlen Specter and flipped ideologies. However, Glenn feels most Americans can identify with one political label not in use much these days: classic liberal.

When someone says they’ve been a classic liberal and they voted for JFK back in the day, chances are they are nothing like the progressive liberals of today.

“If you look at the field, you can’t say this about Jeb Bush, but Rand Paul. Rand Paul should be the choice of the real left. He should be the choice of the — I shouldn’t say the left. The classic Libertarian. We have to — you know we put Progressive back into the lexicon for knowing what it was. We got people to stop calling liberals Liberals and started calling them Progressives. I really think we have to start calling ourselves classic Liberals. It is the secret, it is what we’re missing. Because most Americans agree. You can’t spy on me. We shouldn’t have these never — you know, these never-ending wars. You can’t just throw me in jail. You can’t kill me without a trial. All of these things. Those are the positions of the classic Liberal. Classic liberalism is what makes America unique. It is what makes us — it is the reason why the Progressives took that. They took it for a reason. They took that title away for a reason. Why? Because that can’t be a choice. That is the choice. That is the choice that unites most of us. That’s the one where we all come down together and say look, we can live with each other. Classic liberalism. We need to be classic Liberals. I’m not a conservative, I’m a classic liberal.”

“Once you understand what a Progressive is you start calling them that, you’ve got to take the word liberal back and let them be and wallow in their Progressiveness.”

Pat seemed pretty skeptical about the idea of suddenly taking on the mantle of “liberal”, but Glenn said that it’s what Libertarians need to do in order to bring in people who would never align with conservatives.

“But to me, and I know you don’t feel this way, there’s nothing wrong with a Conservative title. I don’t mind it. I like it. I’m fine with it. I’m conservative. I am. I’m a constitutional Conservative. So I don’t have a problem with that title. So I do have a problem with liberalism so it’s kind of a — it’s a leap too far for me,” Pat argued.

“And here’s your thing. You’re going to miss about 20% of classic Liberals on the left that just cannot go to the conservative. I don’t want to go to the conservative. I can’t call it because it’s — it’s the GOP. That’s Jeb Bush. You’ll never get them. So we’re just going to accept that? Or are we going to be the bigger ones to say, look, you can call me whatever you want. I know that classic liberal, I know that I can talk about classic liberalism and I can get the people who think like we do, they may not agree on everything, but they think like we do,” Glenn said. Watch the debate unfold below:

video at link

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/01/30/glenn-im-a-liberal/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

rpfocus
03-18-2015, 04:16 PM
The Mormon leadership has spent a 100+ years keeping their people safe and alive.

Too bad they didn't care about slaughtering others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

Philhelm
03-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Glenn who???

Sir Frog from Chrono Trigger?

mosquitobite
03-18-2015, 09:05 PM
CIA pied piper Glen Beck has his marching orders. Divide and conquer Rand Paul.

^truth

You can always tell they're doing it when they mention Lee and Cruz but not Paul.

JohnGalt1225
03-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Who cares about Glenn Beck? He's jumped the shark at this point.

enhanced_deficit
03-18-2015, 11:12 PM

The apparent incorruptibility of Mormons' moral righteousness make them ideal candidates for the nation's law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

Mormons are disproportionately represented in the CIA. A recruiter told the Salt Lake Tribune that returned Mormon missionaries are valued for their foreign language skills, abstinence from drugs and alcohol, and respect for authority.

OBL had all these qualities too.. except for the last one maybe. He could not work longterm with freedom agencies then perhaps?

Bin Laden comes home to roost | NBC News
www.nbcnews.com/id/.../t/bin-laden-comes-home-roost/NBCNews.com
Simply defined, this is the term describing an agent, an operative or an ... As his unclassified CIA biography.. bin Laden left Saudi Arabia to fight the Soviet ...

NewRightLibertarian
03-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Judas Goat Beck is likely driving patriots out of the GOP so less of them will support Rand.

cindy25
03-19-2015, 02:23 AM
I wonder if this because Norquist married a Muslim

Mani
03-19-2015, 04:34 AM
I'm done with him being called a libertarian, can someone strip him of that label?

ctiger2
03-19-2015, 09:42 AM
The Man Destroying the Republican Party
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/19/the-man-destroying-the-republican-party/

The split our computer has been warning about for 2016 is starting to become much more visible. Glenn Beck, the conservative/libertarian radio host and media entrepreneur, said Wednesday he is officially done with the Republican Party. “I’ve made my decision – I’m out. I’m out of the Republican Party,” Beck said on his radio show. “I am not a Republican; I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out. I highly recommend – run from the Republican Party. They are not good.”

Republican Party Splitting In TWO – 3rd Party Rising for 2016
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/02/15/republican-party-splitting-in-two-3rd-party-rising-for-2016/

Needless to say, tons of emails have been coming in since there has been public comment confirming there is talk about the Republican Party splitting up. It is INEVITABLE because John Boehner has virtually destroyed everything the economic conservatives stood for. This is the man that retaliated against any Republican that supported Ron Paul. This is the man who sees business as usual as the path to power with no purpose. Boehner has done more to destroy the Republican Party than perhaps anyone in history. The childish retaliation against Economic Conservatives demonstrates they have no party. This will be the source of the Third Party movement leaving the Religious Right and the Marxists on the fringe as they try to resurrect a more sensible approach down the middle based upon practical economics.

jtap
03-20-2015, 07:30 AM
I don't think he calls himself a libertarian, whoever wrote the article is making that assumption

I believe I have seen him call himself a libertarian. He may not call himself that at the moment but anyone with a clue about beck would know that at some point he has probably called himself that as part getting in positioning to beckstab someone new.

I may try to find him saying it...but that would require listening to him more than I want to.

Edit: FOUND IT!!! Took 9 minutes...not bad. I didn't even have to listen to him for that long...so that's a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO9L3oyQhQ8&t=2m53s

Edit 2: The embed video breaks the link that makes you not have to watch so much beck and skips right to where he says it. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO9L3oyQhQ8&t=2m53s

Thor
03-20-2015, 08:18 AM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wKC1ZFTA-Tk/VEGEUyUKOvI/AAAAAAAAe8I/mpAvERaJWUY/s1600/1272964790_glenn-beck-crying.gif

asurfaholic
03-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Where in the bible does it say it's ok to cast judgment and insults to groups of people? Especially when you are basing your judgement on something you "heard."

With the username you have chosen to represent your own thoughts and opinions, you cast a dark shadow over true Christianity when you fail to fully represent God's will through the words you post in the name of Christianity.

samforpaul
03-21-2015, 09:30 PM
In response to the posts that assert that Beck is out to hurt Rand: If this is indeed true I believe the genesis of this is when Rand supported Mitch McConnell.

Suzanimal
03-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Glenn Beck tore his ass a new one. It also sounds like he has a bit of a crush on Ted Cruz.

Rove Lays Into Glenn Beck for Comments About Leaving the GOP

Glenn Beck declared this week that he is officially “out of the Republican Party.” Karl Rove responded to this on The O’Reilly Factor tonight by essentially yawning.

Rove said he’s not really surprised by this “old news,” pointing to a few times before when Beck made similar statements about leaving the GOP.

He pointed to what Beck said about Republicans not standing on principle and trashing true conservatives like Ted Cruz, then brought up a quote by Cruz not standing on principle in fighting Obama’s immigration action in the DHS funding fight.

Rove also picked up on Beck saying he wouldn’t even give a dime to the GOP, saying he looked on OpenSecrets to see what money Beck had donated before, and couldn’t find his name on there at all. When O’Reilly asked if Beck’s comments hurt the Republican Party, Rove just said, “People are entitled to their opinion.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rove-goes-after-glenn-beck-for-comments-about-leaving-the-gop/

Beck responds to Rove.

“You want to rumble Rove?” Glenn pens open letter to Karl Rove

An open letter to Karl Rove: You want to rumble Rove?

Come on to my show and let’s have it out.

Bring it on.

I would love to take you on WITH YOUR RECORD AND THE RECORD OF THE GOP.

I could do it with my eyes closed and in a coma.

You hung yourself on O’Reilly. By using my words to mock me, the audience heard my words. I would bet a good portion agreed with me.

I was right at CPAC in 2011 and never invited back. What a shock!!!

If you don’t think that the Republicans are progressive light then you don’t know the history of the movement started by Teddy Roosevelt and the GOP.

There are good men and women in the party that believe in the constitution. Are you one of them?

Do you seriously believe that Jeb Bush is not progressive light? Help me out with Common Core and Jeb Bush!

How about Orrin Hatch’s role in targeting Mike Lee? Can you name a better, more honorable man than Mike? How about Mitch McConnell and his targeting of Ted Cruz and Mike Lee?

How are things working out for all of the campaign promises? How about the deficit? The war? Defunding ObamaCare? Oh, didn’t the GOP vote to confirm Cass Sunstein?

How is illegal immigration working out for you? (Actually, I know the answer: really well as your big corporate buddies love it. Especially down in the colonias).

It is modern day slavery. Has Grover started any new Muslim Brotherhood front groups you and the Bushes can pass off as the good guys?

How about some more FCC regulation on the Internet?

Can you tell me one thing you have done? I mean beside the PATRIOT Act, the NSA and not stopping the IRS from massive abuse of power.

Oh, I forgot! You did get to the bottom of Benghazi. Oops. Nope.

It must be because you are swamped in actually fixing the VA system for all the men YOU put in harms way. Gosh, sorry. No, you aren’t even doing that.

Wow. How do you find your way out of bed in the morning? Well maybe you don’t go to bed, because I know I couldn’t sleep if I were you or any of your cronies.

So let me rephrase. You guys couldn’t find your way outside standing in an open door frame.

How is the health of the three equal branches of government? I will say this; you are better than the president.

You are only half as bad. You are only doing the fundraising dinners, while he is doing that AND playing golf. It is almost like you are progressive light. I know, you understand ‘strategy’ and I don’t.

I know, you can’t push for these things right now! You will lose the presidency in 2016. No, now you have to compromise on things like immigration etc. so you can win the White House. THEN you will have the White House, the Senate and the House. That is when you really go for it … Right? Next time.

Not now. That when things really change! Just like they did when you had both branches under Bush!! Crap. Another bad example.

You guys have the spine of a worm, the ethics of whores, and the integrity of pirates. (My apologies to worms, whores and pirates) :D

You are right about one thing, I have said this before. You are also right that you don’t need to worry about me.

You need to worry about the American public. Because they have had it up to their teeth with you, the GOP and the DNC lies. You need to worry about yourself.

After blowing almost a billion dollars on ‘I love government healthcare Romney,’ I would guess you don’t have too. Many more chances to save what is left of your career. It is sad that you can no longer hear the American People because they could save you. Instead you listen to your political consultants and the amazing thing is you still believe all of it.

Can you not smell what you are shoveling anymore? The world has changed.

The whole world is being redesigned. Not by government but by dreamers and doers. You are the taxi medallions in an Uber world.

You don’t have to be young to see that. You just have to be open and honest.

Instead, you just continue to shine up the progressive agenda of people like Jeb, pressure, corrupt or threaten freshmen and smear the good people of this country who believe in the actual principles enshrined in the Constitution.

It is sad what the GOP has become. You would campaign against Reagan. (Cruz has the principles of Reagan- but all you see of Reagan was HOW Ronald Reagan won, not WHY he won).

JFK would be too small government for the GOP as you see it. “Government isn’t the solution, Government is the problem”. You believe only government run by the Democrats is a problem.

By the way: clever whiteboard trick. Only problem, the quote was right. Ted Cruz knew what you guys were doing and called you on it. He won’t play your game.

Which is why millions of Americans support him and you and your progressive corporate fat cats will try to destroy him and anyone else that tries to tell the truth.

Good luck with that. The future belongs to free people. The genie is out of the bottle. You will not be able to corral the spirit of America. Because it isn’t a person or a place. It is an idea.

Do you know why America is failing? Because we don’t even know who we are anymore. Why? Because people like you only care about ‘interests’ instead of ‘principles’. Your interests, the party’s interests or national interests.

Those all change depending on the day and situation. Principles never change. When you and the GOP find your unchanging and eternal principles – other than keeping your power and controlling people’s lives – let me know.

The people don’t trust Washington anymore. You haven’t given us a reason to, we are not as dumb as you thought and we will never sit down and shut up again.

‪#‎defundtheGOP‬.

Find the person you believe in, not the party. George Washington was right. You have gone from being a man I thought was a good guy to a sad and quickly forgotten figure of the past. I

t is never to late to change. You just have to be willing to admit your mistakes and live by principles. I have done so. When will you?

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/03/21/you-want-to-rumble-rove-glenn-pens-open-letter-to-karl-rove/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

jkr
03-22-2015, 12:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33tH-JdPDg

cindy25
03-22-2015, 12:13 AM
I just hope that all of us here are not saying the same thing come spring 2016.

VoluntaryAmerican
03-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Beck says there is no fixing the Republican Party at around the same time as Rand will make his announcement? Color me surprised.

Next he'll be saying, "Rand isn't libertarian enough."

Beck is just working from the outside. He's still the same shill.

acptulsa
03-22-2015, 09:11 AM
If we keep talking about this a couple more days, this thread will outlive Beck's temper tantrum and he'll be a Republican again, and everyone will have forgotten about this but us. People will be laughing at us for failing to wake up in a new world every day.

sparebulb
03-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Beck is coming around again.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk143/faeini1/agscary4.gif

Suzanimal
03-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Glenn Beck Has (Now) Left the Republican Party Four Times

Glenn Beck “leaving” the Republican party three days ago ruffled some feathers in the establishment. Last night Fox News aired a hit segment (see below) on Beck and, meticulously “fair and balanced” that it is, didn’t allow Beck or someone sympathetic to him on the air to give his side of the story. (This of course is their standard procedure with Ron Paul, so welcome to the club, Glenn.)

One has to wonder why O’Reilly and Rove wasted air time. As the 2016 election gets closer, Glenn will no doubt be back in the fold again. In fact, let’s write the predictable talking points for Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Karl Rove, and Glenn Beck come mid-October of 2016 in the final weeks of the Jeb Bush campaign:

“The most important election of our lifetimes!”

“If Hillary Clinton wins, it’s the end of the country!”

“I’m just like you. Jeb Bush wasn’t my first choice, but just like after 9-11, we have to pull together for the sake of the country! Those who aren’t with us are with ISIS!”

And just like Mitt Romney, Jeb will crash and burn. (Even after all the contrived outrage over Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail account, Betfair still has her well ahead of Jeb Bush in terms of current odds of winning the presidency.) In the aftermath, Limbaugh, O’Reilly, Rove, and Beck will once again walk away counting their million$.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/glenn-beck-has-now-left-the-republican-party-four-times/

Christopher A. Brown
03-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Too bad they didn't care about slaughtering others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

I knew a Lakota who had a girlfriend from a Mormon family. She had 2 Mormon books on Mormon massacres. Mountain meadows was one, the other one is unrecorded in history. He said she used to joke, "Going to Mountain Meadows to shop for an extra wife" when discussion turned to her familial religion.

Apparently they broke up, she left first, left town completely, and forgot the books. After a few weeks, the books disappeared.

I think there is far more to this than is understood at all. We really should know more about why the Mormon Milita ended up dressed as Indians killing pioneers.