PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police

adap2k
12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police
Donnell Williams had just gotten out of the bath tub
...when Wichita Police shot him with a Taser.

youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B0ip0JlTdY

KWCH - Kansas News
http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=7446220

me3
12-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Tazers are torture.

asgardshill
12-04-2007, 01:35 PM
"With the information they had at the time, (the police's; ed.) choices were limited."

That's the takeaway that pays from the audio track of the Youtube snippet. A false report about a shooting, a hearing-impaired guy, and a case of mistaken identity. Its a good thing that Tasers are around - this WOULD have been a tragedy if the guy had gotten drilled by a 9MM instead of just a few seconds of discomfort and muscle rigidity.

The innocent citizen should be demanding that the person who made the phony phone call be tracked down and hammered. I know I would if I were in his shoes.

pcosmar
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
It should never happen. Ever.
The police should NOT ever be allowed to draw ANY weapon without Verifiable evidence of a crime and an actual threat.
There are too many people being tortured and killed because of a "perceived" threat, when no actual threat exists.
This shit needs to stop.

jaybone
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
"With the information they had at the time, (the police's; ed.) choices were limited."

That's the takeaway that pays from the audio track of the Youtube snippet. A false report about a shooting, a hearing-impaired guy, and a case of mistaken identity. Its a good thing that Tasers are around - this WOULD have been a tragedy if the guy had gotten drilled by a 9MM instead of just a few seconds of discomfort and muscle rigidity.

The innocent citizen should be demanding that the person who made the phony phone call be tracked down and hammered. I know I would if I were in his shoes.

you would not happen to work for taser would you?

PatriotG
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
So now...in addition to all the threads we have had about tasings.

Here is a guy, wrapped in towel!, obviously unarmed, and trying to tell the police he's deaf!

WTF !

Tase Him!

This beats the Utah guy on the highway, and the pregnant girl in the police station big time.

But of course according to some people this is not abuse of authority or excessive use of force.
Convince me, IM all ears.

PatriotG

pavilion33
12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
You know cops had to feel bad. I think this guy should get some reward.

1000-points-of-fright
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I have no problem with tasers being part of a cop's tool box. My problem is its over-use. If their only option were guns and batons they would have to negotiate and de-escalate situations more often. The taser is easy, fast, non-lethal and usually causes no physical damage so now cops are becoming lazy.

Plus, the bullies who became cops can indulge their sadistic side without being accused of police brutality.

asgardshill
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
you would not happen to work for taser would you?

No.

Do you have any connection with the ACLU or Amnesty International?

And, do you not agree that the person who made the phony phone call should be tracked down and prosecuted?