PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Did Well On The View

linusPAULing
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I think he handled the abortion issue extremely well in that environment! I was worried about the potential for disaster on this issue from the start, and I'm proud of how he did.

Full Steam Ahead!

literatim
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
He flabbergasted them with logic.

RevolutionSD
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
He spoke well but it was a shame to see them focus on abortion for so long, and they will never agree with him.

tonyr1988
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought the interview went very very well.

On the abortion issue, he wasn't just lecturing them. He was discussing the issue with them, having a 2-sided conversation and attempting to gain some middle ground. I guarantee you that Joy supports his stance on abortion more than any other non-pro-choicer (she seemed like she at least respects the legal basis for his decision). We can't expect them to convert immediately.

Yeah, she said "You won't win," but can you really blame her? If you weren't a Paul supporter, and had only watched MSM (like a ton of people) and had seen the polls that are released, you wouldn't think Paul had a chance at all. It's the same attitude we have towards Tancredo and Hunter. Our grassroots movement is very unique - we need to cut people some slack if they haven't realized how powerful we are yet, and try our best to get the word out. They will become convinced of our legitimacy soon enough. Heck - it was only a few days ago that I realized we have a chance at winning this thing (and, from the way he's spoken recently, I think Paul came to that revelation not too long ago, either).

He handled it very well, with the "you don't want those pro-war people to win, do you?," and they had some laughs. She apologized for saying he wouldn't win, and it ended nicely.

The only thing I wished they would've talked about is the war. He could mention how he's more anti-Iraq than the Democrats, and introduce them to non-interventionism. Besides that, I thought it was an awesome interview.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Interview was excellent. I'm glad he didn't try to dodge the difficult discussion like most canddiates would do and like some people on here have suggested. Other candidates don't like to really discuss difficult issues and proceed to talking points instead.

Dr. Paul isntead began an intelligent discussion and used the Socratic method to question their logic in a non-confronting manner.

Ron Paul solves.

linusPAULing
12-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Personally, I think the emphasis on abortion was to be expected, and imo, he knew it and was prepared.

What I like about the interview is two things.

1) It was mentioned that he's anti-war, albeit only briefly.

2) He demonstrated that he treats the abortion issue with reason.

He admits it's a difficult issue that has no clear answers. He pointed out that before RVW, abotions did occur and were warranted.

I think he made it clear that he's not an anti-abortion demagogue who can't wait to stack the supreme court with more anti-abortion demagogues, which is what many democrats fear.

I think this interview will get a lot of cindy sheehan democrats curious.

JPFromTally
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
It wasn't that bad... The best line... "You want those pro-war people to win? No we don't!"

user
12-04-2007, 01:31 PM
That was unnecessarily short. Kate Walsh even wanted to discuss homeschooling but they ran out of time.

CelestialRender
12-04-2007, 01:38 PM
It wasn't that bad... The best line... "You want those pro-war people to win? No we don't!"

I was hoping for a cheer there.

literatim
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
He spoke well but it was a shame to see them focus on abortion for so long, and they will never agree with him.

That is not necessarily the case with the audience. He isn't up there to please the hosts, but to reach out to the audience.