PDA

View Full Version : Who DIGGS Ron Paul?

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
So I like to go to Digg every morning and see what new and interesting things have been added about Ron Paul. For some reason though it says the most recent search result for Ron Paul was added something like 20 hrs ago. This is hugely unusual, especially considering his appearance on "The View" this morning.
I'm not saying Digg is censoring Paul, though I guess that is possible. I heard they were re-doing their categories or something. Did RP get stuck somewhere else? Shouldn't the search still bring it up even if he had? Is anybody else having these problems or did I just become a computer idiot overnight? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
it think it has to do with how quickly things quee, like technorati searches always turn out results about a day old

Platondas
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
the way the digg voting algorithm works if everyone who supports ron paul for every article votes for it eventually we will get classified as a "voting circle" and will need to find new blood to advance articles; or wait 24 hours >.>

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
http://digg.com/users/alexmerced has lot of great RP stuff you should DIGG :), also go vote stuff at Zuki.us :)

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
lol...thanks for the input. I was just curious because normally there are TONS of RP things that are posted from 10 minutes ago to who knows how far back.
PS Alex,
I'll be sure to digg your RP stuff all the way to the top ;) that's what we Paulbots do best

vpimark
12-04-2007, 01:01 PM
JeffersonThomas, I have noticed the same problem. I think many stories are buried before they have a chance to get promoted. This is what I ended up doing.
Do a search for "Ron Paul" on the main page
Then customize the search, change the scope to "Title, Description, and URL"
Make sure it set to "All Stories"
Sort by "Newest First"
Make sure you check the "Include Buried Stories" box.
There you have it, lots of current Ron Paul submissions. I will be honest though, Ron Paul forums seems to be more current and more relavent, digg is nice for a broader (sometimes less intelligent) perspective.

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
lol...thanks for the input. I was just curious because normally there are TONS of RP things that are posted from 10 minutes ago to who knows how far back.
PS Alex,
I'll be sure to digg your RP stuff all the way to the top ;) that's what we Paulbots do best

sweet, I think a couple of my posts from yesterday phrases stuff in really clear easy to understand language which is why I'm pushing it so much, i think it's a great for the un-initiated and hardcore supporters alike

vpimark
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
I hate to reply to myself, but I just ran the search right now and the "newest" story is 22 hours ago. This is unusual, most submissions are less than an hour old. I am not sure what is going on.

zcopley
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Digg is notorious for censoring stories.

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I hate to reply to myself, but I just ran the search right now and the "newest" story is 22 hours ago. This is unusual, most submissions are less than an hour old. I am not sure what is going on.

Exactly! Is it the "Terrorism Expert to Economist..." one? That's the most recent it shows for me. Probably most diggers have already been confronted with Ron Paul enough to have made a decision, but I still see Digg as one of my sources of news and I don't like that something doesn't seem right about it. LOL

Jobarra
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Is there a search option for "upcoming" stories? That may be why your searches aren't finding anything.

Zarxrax
12-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I've been a digg user for a long time, since before I was a Ron Paul supporter. I don't believe they "censor" any stories, but it is their algorithm that decides what gets to the front page and what gets buried.

Don't use digg as your personal Ron Paul promotion machine. If you see cool stories unrelated to ron paul, digg them, comment on them, enjoy the site for what it is.
Don't digg every single ron paul story you see. If you see a really cool or important one, then digg it.
Don't copy and paste the same crap into the comments of every single story. It's crap like this that causes other digg users to call ron paul supporters spammers, and bury the stories. The comments section is for discussion, not spam. Say something relevant to the actual story. The articles themselves, as well as normal discussion should grab people's interest enough to get them to google him and find out more. Posting the same crap in every story about how he has never voted to raise taxes and stuff will only alienate people.

vpimark
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Is there a search option for "upcoming" stories? That may be why your searches aren't finding anything.
I am choosing "All Stories" when I search which should include upcoming stories, but for grins, I selected "Upcoming Stories" as well with the same result. I'm inclined to think this is a bug of some sort, this wasn't happening as recently as a couple of days ago.