PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on The View (Awesome Interview)

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPysYWw34T8

Listen everyone, this was a great interview for the target audience.

Ron Paul was excellent and they really do like him. Joy was attacking the Republican Party by saying Ron Paul probably wouldn't win the nomination. She was attacking the Republican Party not Ron Paul. She likes Ron Paul.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
+1!!!

Thanks for saying that.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree. Interview was excellent as usual. People need to stop listening to the paid staffers from other campaigns who come on these boards and blow everything negatively out of porportion.

Dr. Paul privded a provocative and intelligent discourse to the view and I'd be surprised if they didn't have them back on. Dr. Paul answers the tough questions directly without trying to dodge and then on to talking points.

Go Dr. Paul!

crhoades
12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's part 1 of the opening discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76xIyRGsiJA

AMack
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Interview was excellent as usual. People need to stop listening to the paid staffers from other campaigns who come on these boards and blow everything negatively out of porportion.

Can you prove this? Seems a little unfounded

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 12:47 PM

We have over-cover troublemakers here.
You can caught them because of their faulty logic.

Blowback

I think it is pretty obvious when you see the same person or a bunch of random people on here being consistently negative and time and time again blow things out of porportion.

With all of the money that some of the other campaigns have and with their lust for our online strengh, I woulnd't be surprised if they are studying us and constantly trying to disrupt our activites. The other campaigns blatantly cheat in straw polls. You don't think there is any possibility at all that they would want to disrupt our activities on this board?

KewlRonduderules
Just watch the youtube video.

The interview was fine.

He handled himself well.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
I personally thought the interview was less than stellar but that was not because of Dr. Paul it was because those 4 were shouting over each other and they barely gave our guy time to answer his questions fully and the last coment by that Joy whatever her name is made me want to scream.. BUT I will take a bad segment over no segment at all so the bright side is that at least we got some more name recognition out there today

ronpaulfan
12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Joy was attacking the Republican Party by saying Ron Paul probably wouldn't win the nomination. She was attacking the Republican Party not Ron Paul. She likes Ron Paul.

B.S.

Joy is a shill. She 1) attacked Dr. Paul on abortion, 2) said he can't win and 3) asked him who he would support if he didn't win

JOY = SHILL

keep your eyes open for Shills. Joy fits the definition 100%

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I personally thought the interview was less than stellar but that was not because of Dr. Paul it was because those 4 were shouting over each other and they barely gave our guy time to answer his questions fully and the last coment by that Joy whatever her name is made me want to scream.. BUT I will take a bad segment over no segment at all so the bright side is that at least we got some more name recognition out there today

He was able to get his ideas out. No harm, no foul.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
B.S.

Joy is a shill. She 1) attacked Dr. Paul on abortion, 2) said he can't win and 3) asked him who he would support if he didn't win

JOY = SHILL

I really don't think so.

Look, all these women are pro-choice and they need to aggressively ask him these questions. He handled himself very well.

As for the Joy comment, I took it to mean that the establishment wouldn't allow him to win.

I think she personally likes the guy.

rich34
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I thought he did a pretty darn good job. I read some of the comments before I got to watch it and they sounded negative, but I thought it was good. And who cares about the abortion thing. He's running for the republican nomination. The conservative crowd should have loved what he was saying about abortion.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
B.S.

JOY = SHILL

... negatively blowing things out of porportion. People saying he can't win seems to be working for us so far. Maybe she is jsut trying to help with some reverse psychology :)

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
B.S.

JOY = SHILL

It was still a great interview for the target audience. Did you see all the boos after she said it. It was cool.

michaelwise
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought his answerers were very good, and in light of the short amount of time he had. He sounds like he's catching a cold. He needs to wash his hands more often because he is coming in contact with so many people now.

cswake
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
++ to the boos. It seems to me that Joy said it to just illicit a response in the audience. Also notice all the clapping as the camera panned out. This interview went really well.

RevolutionSD
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Too much time hammering him on the minor issue of abortion. Also he only got 5 minutes. Good exposure though.

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Too much time hammering him on the minor issue of abortion. Also he only got 5 minutes. Good exposure though.

To the target audience, Abortion (AKA: Women's rights) is a big deal.

CelestialRender
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that was very very good by The View's standards.

American
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Joy serves a purpose, she has tits and ass so I guess her opinion matters. According to the chatter class.

She is a mindless buffoon.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I thought it was pretty good for the time given. It showed him to be thoughtful and he was able to get some of his policy ideas out there. It was apparant to me from that interview that he is not an abortion crusader but is quite reasonable and wants the Constitution obeyed.

DRV45N05
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
It was a great interview. I think Ron struck the perfect tone for the audience in it. Well done!

bew2005
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
I agree with the opening post. Around noon today I got a call from a friend who is a little out of the political loop and is a big Bush Republican. She said: "wow, Ron Paul did a great job on The View today. He did great handling (can't remember name but the red hair lady) ... I can't stand her....he turned it right around on them....etc".

Long and short of it...she didn't say she was ready to vote for him but knows I think the world of Ron Paul and has now seen him in action.....she'll be a convert before KY's primary in May ;p

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Awesome... Look at the honors already.

Honors for This Video:
#39 - Top Rated (Today)
#6 - Top Rated (Today) - News & Politics
#74 - Top Rated (This Week) - News & Politics
#72 - Most Discussed (Today)
#8 - Most Discussed (Today) - News & Politics
#7 - Top Favorites (Today) - News & Politics

H Roark
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but it might have been better if that Elizabeth girl, who is also pro-life, had been on the show with so much abortion discussion.

I was saying the same thing at the end of the interview.

Ugh I can't stand that Joy Behar! I think that Ron Paul performed well, but the interview itself was horrible. Those talking heads could not even grasp his logic.

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I was saying the same thing at the end of the interview.

Ugh I can't stand that Joy Behar! I think that Ron Paul performed well, but the interview itself was horrible. Those talking heads could not even grasp his logic.
He just gave a new way of looking at it. It's okay. It was good.

Wayne Hammond
12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
People need to stop listening to the paid staffers from other campaigns who come on these boards and blow everything negatively out of porportion.

This seems to be your common theme in many threads here, Blowback. When people disagree with you, rather than argue the points with proof or logic, you simply claim that they are "paid staffers from other campaigns". Jeesh. :rolleyes:

Still waiting on my paycheck from the Rudy campaign. :p :D

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
This seems to be your common theme in many threads here, Blowback. When people disagree with you, rather than argue the points with proof or logic, you simply claim that they are "paid staffers from other campaigns". Jeesh. :rolleyes:

Still waiting on my paycheck from the Rudy campaign. :p :D

That stuff happens you know.

Mark Rushmore
12-04-2007, 04:24 PM
While I was watching I was pretty pissed at the whole thing, but in thinking about it afterwards:

1) He walked into the lions den so to speak, this is probably one of the hardest spots for him to enter, between the ignorance ('Nothing came before Jesus!') to and the topics.

2) What started off as your typical ARE YOU PRO-CHOICE OR ANTI-CHOICE, THIS IS A BINARY DECISION AND WE ELECT OUR PRESIDENT BASED ON THIS ISSUE quickly became a discussion on specifics. Rather than being able to write him off on one issue, interested viewers now must parse the issue.

3) Most importantly, he showed more respect to those women and their audience than any other candidate would have. He didn't hesitate for one second to engage them on the issues and treat them as capable and intelligent participants in a discussion; where other candidates would have given them a smile and just started talking about something off-topic or nodded endlessly - he spoke with them not at them.

Sure there are some who might have written him off from the first word, but this was essentially a freebie. Most of the audience were probably never going to hear about him at all, and the ones who might have would probably have heard his positions explained by some talking head. Now they, for better or worse, get to hear and see him.

Anarchrist
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
When I saw the show this morning I thought it really sucked. I came to the forum today just to see what others thought of the interview. When I saw "Awesome Interview" in the title of this thread I thought, "great more unsubstantiated hype for fanatics who think the slightest critical comment is going to sink the campaign". But after watching both segments again, I have to agree that it was a decent interview. I think part of the problem this morning was that it was the first time I watched the show and after a few minutes I was in a pretty foul mood. I can't believe people are mindless enough to watch this crap every day. I turned the volume down and turned my attention to other things, but the clattering of four bittys still was nerve wracking. Because of the lower volume and not paying close attention I missed most of the 3 minute intro segment. So after recovering from the rotten mood the show put me in and seeing the full intro with the interview, I still think there was room for improvement but overall a pretty decent job.

grace & peace,
dave

SeanEdwards
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Why the hell can't somebody on Ron's staff get the man a handkerchief?

Also, somebody tell our guy that he needs to unbutton his jacket when sitting on a couch like that for an interview.

american.swan
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I heard about how bad the interview went, but after watching it Joy does like Ron Paul and she was stating in her comment what she thought to be true, that he won't win, but at the same time it is clear that she wants him to have the nomination. Good interview.

Brian Ristuccia
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
I liked the interview. Ron Paul and the risks of current middle east foreign policy were also discussed extensively on The View back in May 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6SfmXigHpE

I do wish this most recent show had spent more time on foreign policy, but I think that overall The View has taken a very positive position on Ron Paul.

noztnac
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I thought Ron Paul was great but the overall interview was awful. If they had discussed Iraq he could have won a bunch of new supporters. But those idiots on the view honed in on abortion which is an issue that is so divisive that it even causes Libertarian meetings to erupt into debate.

Still- it was good exposure if there is anyone intelligent watching the View.
That I can't confirm.

Sakimoto
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I think the interview sucked. Oh well, at least it was exposure.

angrydragon
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
The question now is, do we have any new members from The View?

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
The question now is, do we have any new members from The View?
You mean after all the stupid insults from posters here about how dumb they are?

transistor
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
ron held his own, but man, those women are dense

grfgerger
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM
The interview was fine, people were overreacting

Blowback
12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
You mean after all the stupid insults from posters here about how dumb they are?

OFT - anyone who did watch the view today and then bothered to find this forum definetly probably doesn't like him now. After being called idiots by all the true idiots on this forum.

This isn't a war, it is a revolution. We are supposed to be the big tent. We need to bring people in and not act as if we are holier than thou while simultaneously pissing off all of the potential voters.

To emphasize:

The real idiots are the people on this board calling potential Ron Paul voters idiots. I mean seriously, that just doesn't make sense.

"All people who watch the view are dumbasses, come vote for Ron Paul plz.... Hey you're a dumbass but you should vote for Ron Paul."