PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham would hold congress hostage with the military

fisharmor
03-12-2015, 07:58 PM
I need help with this one... this was reported by Tom Davis on his FB feed as well. This is by far the most elaborate internet joke I've ever seen... someone point out the punchline.... it can't be true, that would be like fabric-of-reality-rending stuff.

http://benswann.com/graham-military-force-congress/

While visiting the Concord City Republican Committee on March 7th at the “Politics and Pies” forum, the 59-year-old Senator asserted that American ground troops would be necessary to defeat ISIS. In addition, he advocated for the reversal of defense spending cuts and, as President of the United States, Graham would restrict the movement of lawmakers until those cuts are reversed.
In a chilling statement, Graham said he would not allow Congress to leave D.C. until his demands are met, declaring he would use United States military force to keep them there.
“…and here is the first thing I would do if I were President of the United States, I wouldn’t let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to.”

New Hampshire GOP leaders were unable to speak on behalf of the candidate.
Graham’s South Carolina U.S. Senate primary opponent, State Senator Lee Bright, had this to say:
“If Graham is not being serious he should choose his words with more thought. If he is being serious those actions would be a threat to the republic.”
Graham’s office responded to a clarification inquiry with:
“Due to the large volume of mail I receive, I regret that I am only able to respond personally to inquiries from South Carolinians.”

cindy25
03-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I think it had to be a joke. even Graham would not go that far.

fisharmor
03-12-2015, 08:06 PM
According to State Sen. Tom Davis (SC) Graham also had this to say:

Yesterday in NH, Graham said as POTUS he would use military force to keep members of Congress in DC until they reversed cuts in military spending. Earlier this week in Iowa, he said: “If I were king, I’d be benevolent – with a streak of cruelty every now and then, just to keep people on their toes.”

jbauer
03-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Well, at least even the republicans hate him.

ZENemy
03-13-2015, 10:14 AM
If I was to even post something like that I would get a knock on the door.

These folks are criminals.

Christian Liberty
03-13-2015, 10:20 AM
“Due to the large volume of mail I receive, I regret that I am only able to respond personally to inquiries from South Carolinians.”

Tywysog Cymru, do you count as a South Carolinan right now?