PDA

View Full Version : The Eight Laws of Social Change

Spike
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Good afternoon freedom fighters,

I don't know if you guys catched last night's broadcast of coast to coast, if you did then you know these eight laws already, if you didn't then you have to know know cause its very important.

Stephan Schwartz, a researcher, says individuals and small groups can change history by practicing these eight laws which he believes has been practiced throughout history, whether unconsciously or consciously. He thinks these laws help people tap into what's called into non-local consciousness (the part of us that exists outside of time & space). These laws are supposed to help us connect with each other on an unconcious level.

Throuhout history it has always been the small minority who have changed history and directed humanity forward. That is why I think we shouldn't feel down when the mainstream media or the majority shoot down our message or minimalize our efforts. If we keep these eight laws in mind and continue our efforts then we'll have a much better chance at changing our country, and who knows, maybe even our planet. And the fascinating thing is, we've already acted out these eight laws from the beginning, is that a coincidence? I don't think so.

1) Individuals and groups must share a common purpose or intent.
- We all want to put Dr. Paul in the whitehouse and change our country.

2) Individuals and groups may have goals, but must not be attached to "cherished" outcomes.
- We all want freedom and have that indepdent spirit so it is pointless to try to force some desirable outcome other than electing Ron Paul. We do not know where this freedom movement may lead us, we're all surprised it has come this far.

3) The goal may not be reached in the lifetime of the participants.
- This is a bit hard to swallow, but I think its true, we may not win 2008, and Ron Paul may never be president, but if we keep defending these ideas we will be victorious in the long ron. We will elect congressmen and women in our districts and before we know it, we'll be the majority in congress, were already influencing the Republican party and advancing the democratic process.

4) Accept and be OK with the idea that you might not get credit for the the success of a goal.
- We already know this, but its important to remain humble.

5) Each person in the group must have equal status in spite of any hierarchies.
- I don't think we even have a hierarchy in this grassroots campaign, so we got this law down.

6) Members must forswear violence by word, thought and act.
- Absouletley were about non-violence.

7) People must make their private selves consistent with their public postures.
- I know alot of us can get passionate about Dr. Paul and our revolution, but we cannot let our emotions get the best of us and act rudely, because I know most of us are gracious, polite, and humble in our private lives, so lets act like that in public. Dr. Paul is the only person running for office who is consistent in his private life and public posture - he never attacks, and always remains humble, let's follow his lead. With that said, I think most of us follow this law admirably.

8) Members must always act from the "beingness" of life integrity-- knowing that other persons are not exploitable resources.
- I think our humanity is unquestionably life affirming. What other supporters buy flowers for hosts, or make cake for our canidate, or fund to fly blimps, or send 'thank you' to journalists when they're just doing their job, although very rarily. That is why all the Ron Paul supporters have reaffirmed my faith in humanity, and in this country. Let's keep the positivity pumping, because if we lock down the non-local conciousness then there is absouloutley nobody stopping us, not even us.

son of liberty
12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Great Post. I heard Ron Paul in the Cspan google video last night talking about people hitting Rock Bottom before they can be moved to change. The power of the internet may be able to trump that, America has not hit rock bottom, but all of us understand what that would mean and can imagine what that could be, therefore we warn others on a massive scale and offer them an alternative.

Spike
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
bump

mconder
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
People must make their private selves consistent with their public postures.

This is an area which we could all use some help on. Luckily, we have a good role model.

Spike
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
one last bump for the evening crowd

Spike
12-05-2007, 09:27 PM
bump for those who haven't seen this