PDA

View Full Version : Two officers shot outside Ferguson police department: newspaper

enhanced_deficit
03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Will this ever come to end.

Two officers shot outside Ferguson police department: newspaper

By Kate Munsch
FERGUSON, Mo. Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:05am EDT

http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20150312&t=2&i=1031506266&w=580&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=LYNXMPEB2B065 Protestors chant on the steps of the City of Ferguson Police Department and Municipal Court in Ferguson Missouri, March 11, 2015.
Credit: Reuters/Kate Munsch

(Reuters) - Two police officers were shot during a protest outside the Ferguson, Missouri police department early on Thursday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper reported.
The Post-Dispatch reported that Ferguson Lt. Col. Al Eickhoff said he did not believe either of the officers were part of his department. He could not provide details on their injuries to the Post-Dispatch.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/12/us-usa-missouri-shooting-protest-idUSKBN0M80CJ20150312

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvubFsGh6Rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvubFsGh6Rs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJ7BjX20zY)

Related

Obama warns Ferguson: Clean up your act or face federal lawsuit (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/6/obama-ferguson-clean-your-act-face-federal-lawsuit/)

Rudy Giuliani: 2 NYC Cops Were Killed Because Obama Told Everyone To ‘Hate The Police’ (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/21/3606040/rudy-giuliani-2-nyc-cops-were-killed-because-obama-told-everyone-to-hate-the-police/)

Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430954-Lawyer-representing-family-of-Miriam-Carey-arrested&)

Oath Keepers, Ferguson ... and Iraq (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464255-Oath-Keepers-Ferguson-and-Iraq&)

Support spreads for officer in Ferguson shooting (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?458187-Support-spreads-for-officer-in-Ferguson-shooting&)

Mani
03-12-2015, 12:58 AM
awwww crap.

now the Darren Wilson crowd is going to go into a frenzy. Awww man, this sucks. What is this going to solve but justify actions by abusive cops... I don't like where this is headed. I don't like people shooting at cops.

puppetmaster
03-12-2015, 03:06 AM
Thanks dumb asses. That includes you Eric Holder and Obama

RonPaulFanInGA
03-12-2015, 04:08 AM
At least the perpetrator didn't shoot unarmed people, as cops frequently do.

Tod
03-12-2015, 06:24 AM
I wonder if the two horn beeps were a signal to fire?

Acknowledgement 9 months ago would have kept that from happenin'

jmdrake
03-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks dumb asses. That includes you Eric Holder and Obama

I hope you are including the Ferguson DA who didn't do his job in the "dumb asses" category.

jbauer
03-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Did the officers have their hands up??? :D

JK/SEA
03-12-2015, 07:41 AM
too bad.

TheTexan
03-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Are the officers OK?

JK/SEA
03-12-2015, 07:57 AM
policy followed. Shooting justified... No indictment on the shooter will be submitted by the independant citizen panel.

aGameOfThrones
03-12-2015, 07:57 AM
I hope the shooter don't get paid leave, that would be wrong.

AuH20
03-12-2015, 08:21 AM
When the people of Ferguson start admitting they don't need policing, is the time when I will care. As of now, this whole thing on both sides is a one big circus.

The Gold Standard
03-12-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm not surprised. If I was out there protesting and saw two bloodthirsty SS approaching me, I would fear for my life too.

sparebulb
03-12-2015, 08:52 AM
The weather has warmed up.

This isn't over.

The State can turn the heat up on tension whenever they please to suit or mask their own purposes.

Cleaner44
03-12-2015, 08:53 AM
I read an article that was written to make me feel bad for the two innocent officers. It's possible that the two cops were some of the best guys and not rascist assholes... but they are now reaping what was sewn. When black men are pulled over and harrased just for being black, then they shouldn't be surprised when the blowback results in cops getting shot just for being cops

morfeeis
03-12-2015, 10:56 AM
So what; i'm shocked it has taken this long for the people to fight back. They are being killed, bullied, extorted, imprisoned and oppressed, a little Nat Turner spirit might be just what is needed. But knowledge of our countries history leaves little room for hope; the rebels will be rounded up and given the harshest punishment for their decent and put on display for any who would think to resist the hand of the oppressor.

What sickens me about this is how many times in the last hour i have heard on the news about these two brave men who put their lives on the line for the people being shot FOR NO REASON by some thug. If the news reported on cops murdering people like they do with these two non life threatening injuries the world would be a better place.

morfeeis
03-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I read an article that was written to make me feel bad for the two innocent officers. It's possible that the two cops were some of the best guys and not rascist assholes... but they are now reaping what was sewn. When black men are pulled over and harrased just for being black, then they shouldn't be surprised when the blowback results in cops getting shot just for being cops

It is impossible for two good cops to be apart of that department; if they watched what was going on and said nothing they are a party to the crimes.

AuH20
03-12-2015, 11:04 AM
So what; i'm shocked it has taken this long for the people to fight back. They are being killed, bullied, extorted, imprisoned and oppressed, a little Nat Turner spirit might be just what is needed. But knowledge of our countries history leaves little room for hope; the rebels will be rounded up and given the harshest punishment for their decent and put on display for any who would think to resist the hand of the oppressor.

What sickens me about this is how many times in the last hour i have heard on the news about these two brave men who put their lives on the line for the people being shot FOR NO REASON by some thug. If the news reported on cops murdering people like they do with these two non life threatening injuries the world would be a better place.

One question. Why do the residents of Ferguson continually call the police if they are so terrible? I'm not an advocate for what the modern police force has morphed into, but you have to be completely deluded to think that the police are 100% responsible for the epidemic found in these communities.

Red Green
03-12-2015, 11:41 AM
This solves nothing but unfortunately it was probably inevitable. Violence generally only leads to more violence so the whole idea of arming a bunch of psychopaths and turning them loose on the population with immunity for just about any action (and I for one believe that the Ferguson shooting was probably more justified than most) is eventually going to lead to some sort of blow back. It would have been nice to have some sort of peaceful revolution, but how often do those happen?

pcosmar
03-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Didn't read the story (propaganda) and I don't care to.

I wonder if (like the Ukraine) the same shooters are targeting both protesters and police..

I suspect the same people run both Violent gangs.. and the disarmed citizens are caught in the middle.

JK/SEA
03-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Didn't read the story (propaganda) and I don't care to.

I wonder if (like the Ukraine) the same shooters are targeting both protesters and police..

I suspect the same people run both Violent gangs.. and the disarmed citizens are caught in the middle.

this shooter or shooters were damn good shots too. 125 yards with a hand gun?...geezus ...sounds like special ops bullshit to me, but it could be these mundanes were just lucky..

presence
03-12-2015, 12:05 PM
dornerfrien?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/2012/07/chiefexec.jpg

presence
03-12-2015, 12:07 PM
It's possible that the two cops were some of the best guys and not rascist assholes... but they are now reaping what was sewn.

I'm sure they were always quick to help bring their abusive thin blue gang banger comrades to justice.

Reaping indeed.

CaptainAmerica
03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
why didn't they just comply?

phill4paul
03-12-2015, 01:18 PM
this shooter or shooters were damn good shots too. 125 yards with a hand gun?...geezus ...sounds like special ops bullshit to me, but it could be these mundanes were just lucky..

I noticed that too. Two shots/two hits at 125 yds. takes some practice. It's possible that the cops were clumped and therefore a lucky shot. But, gangbangers don't spend much time on a 125 yd. pistol range.

Southron
03-12-2015, 01:29 PM
The media created Ferguson. Let the media own it.

thoughtomator
03-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Was Victoria Nuland there handing out cookies?

idiom
03-12-2015, 01:38 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/5/19/23/enhanced-buzz-28247-1369022328-2.jpg

RIP Terry Pratchett.

Anti Federalist
03-12-2015, 01:45 PM
So, what does the state do at this point?

De-escalate?

Or ramp up the tyranny even more?

pcosmar
03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

De-escalate?

Odds ??

pcosmar
03-12-2015, 01:51 PM

NO..
The Federal Government created it,, the State of Missouri Terrorism training center(Fusion center) created it.

The media was only complicit.

Todd
03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Yep.

When the people of Ferguson start admitting they don't need policing, is the time when I will care. As of now, this whole thing on both sides is a one big circus.

Circus is the right word.

Now we have another great shiny news story to take heat off Hillary Clinton's crimes as we head into the primary debates. Bravo MSM!

Anti Federalist
03-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Odds ??

I wouldn't make that wager with 100 to 1 odds.

Makes it pretty clear what type of society we're living in though.

Peace officers would de-escalate.

Occupying soldiers would "crack down".

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Maybe somebody was just taking out the trash.

pcosmar
03-12-2015, 02:08 PM

So,, can expect the "surge" to be effective? as effective as it has been elsewhere?

presence
03-12-2015, 02:10 PM
http://www.moxdiamond.com/images/86/1/1902/Berserk.jpg

I wouldn't make that wager with 100 to 1 odds.

Makes it pretty clear what type of society we're living in though.

Look forward to no holds barred martial law manhunt komrade.

Ferguson Police Shooting: Manhunt Continues After Home Is Searched (http://abcnews.go.com/US/ferguson-police-shooting-home-searched-blocks-police-department/story?id=29583925)
ABC News‎ - 1 hour ago

http://static.tappedout.net/mtg-cards-2/fifth-edition/blood-lust/2014-blood-lust.jpg

morfeeis
03-12-2015, 03:10 PM
One question. Why do the residents of Ferguson continually call the police if they are so terrible? I'm not an advocate for what the modern police force has morphed into, but you have to be completely deluded to think that the police are 100% responsible for the epidemic found in these communities.

I would go even further to say that the people of the community are the problem, just as we are the problem in our own cities with our police forces. We don't stand up, we allow them power and we as a people are willfully ignorant to what happens behind closed doors. They have done no worse then we have, they just had a wolf that had a bigger appetite and was allowed to commit more acts of violence unchecked.

morfeeis
03-12-2015, 03:17 PM
I noticed that too. Two shots/two hits at 125 yds. takes some practice. It's possible that the cops were clumped and therefore a lucky shot. But, gangbangers don't spend much time on a 125 yd. pistol range.

One shot was a head shot and the other damn near a head shot too (a top of the shoulder hit), i range trip often and with a hand gun at 125 yards i would be hard pressed to make such a hit, hell i'd be happy to hit a man sized target at that range. I could hit a man at 50 yards easy, but that is only after practice, to make these two shots bullet drop was accounted for and i don't think banger black ops school teaches that.

This had to have been the work of a true believer or someone who isn't what the news says they are.

JK/SEA
03-12-2015, 03:27 PM

De-escalate?

baby steps.

tonight, and for at least a week...curfew.

JK/SEA
03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
One shot was a head shot and the other damn near a head shot too (a top of the shoulder hit), i range trip often and with a hand gun at 125 yards i would be hard pressed to make such a hit, hell i'd be happy to hit a man sized target at that range. I could hit a man at 50 yards easy, but that is only after practice, to make these two shots bullet drop was accounted for and i don't think banger black ops school teaches that.

This had to have been the work of a true believer or someone who isn't what the news says they are.

good post..

false flag...fuck it, i'm callin' it.

Todd
03-12-2015, 04:07 PM

Joe shmo off the street doesn't shoot like Annie Oakley. Certainly not a dude in the hood with his "Gatt"

PaulConventionWV
03-12-2015, 05:10 PM

Do they still call the police? I don't even know. Who are the ones calling the police? This would be good info if you're just going to throw around blanket statements like "the residents of Ferguson". You don't know who's doing what.

PaulConventionWV
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Joe shmo off the street doesn't shoot like Annie Oakley. Certainly not a dude in the hood with his "Gatt"

What's the likelihood of this just being someone who happens to be good with a gun just having enough?

Schifference
03-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Could be an "American Sniper"

morfeeis
03-12-2015, 06:16 PM
What's the likelihood of this just being someone who happens to be good with a gun just having enough?

Hitting center mass 1 out of four shots would be lucky, almost making two head shots out of four at 125 yards is some serious skill....

presence
03-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Hitting center mass 1 out of four shots would be lucky, almost making two head shots out of four at 125 yards is some serious skill....

Who's to say it was actually a pistol and not a rifle firing "pistol ammo"? 45acp is "pistol ammo" but there are tons of options to shoot it with a shouldered rifle. The only related news is "pistol casing have been found".

http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/uploads/centurion_1.jpg
45 acp Mausers

idiom
03-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Dude can make 2 shots like that but left the casings? Casings could be just random casings he dropped to stir the pot.

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-12-2015, 08:06 PM
sure are pushing the race button a bunch lately

orenbus
03-12-2015, 09:15 PM
The cops were in a line shoulder to shoulder, would have made hitting random targets a lot easier.

Tonight it seems the County cops are in charge again and this time instead of trying to impose a police presence in a line they are smart enough to stand behind their vehicles potentially for cover.

ChristianAnarchist
03-12-2015, 09:33 PM
The cops were in a line shoulder to shoulder, would have made hitting random targets a lot easier.

Tonight it seems the County cops are in charge again and this time instead of trying to impose a police presence in a line they are smart enough to stand behind their vehicles potentially for cover.

I agree. It would only be necessary to get the shots into the goon gathering and there would be likely hits. Who's to say they both weren't hit by the same round? When I viewed the video I was sure I heard 3 shots but then who knows if the goons got a shot off. I'm surprised they didn't start shooting into the crowd and kill a dozen protesters. Maybe the Chief made them leave their ammo home so they wouldn't "accidentally" shoot a couple of protesters and start an even bigger riot...

UWDude
03-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Don't resist the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and you wont get shot.

UWDude
03-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Dude can make 2 shots like that but left the casings? Casings could be just random casings he dropped to stir the pot.

yeah, leaving casings is fishy.

CaptainAmerica
03-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Who's to say it was actually a pistol and not a rifle firing "pistol ammo"? 45acp is "pistol ammo" but there are tons of options to shoot it with a shouldered rifle. The only related news is "pistol casing have been found".

http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/uploads/centurion_1.jpg
45 acp Mausers
a carbine?

CaptainAmerica
03-13-2015, 12:37 AM

probably. that would be very simple to do. pick fresh casings left behind at a frequented target practice spot and zip lock them

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
03-13-2015, 01:30 AM
It is impossible for two good cops to be apart of that department; if they watched what was going on and said nothing they are a party to the crimes.

They might have been good cops who were talking to DOJ and were executed by the police union. We don't know what happened here.

idiom
03-13-2015, 04:26 AM
probably. that would be very simple to do. pick fresh casings left behind at a frequented target practice spot and zip lock them

It you really wanted to mess with them, leave casings of standard police issue rounds.

pcosmar
03-13-2015, 06:42 AM

Remotely possible. But unlikely.

Bundy Ranch was a good example of such men.. and no one took the shot.

Less that 1/3 of the men involved there could have easily dealt with the police in Ferguson. and the police run Gang Bangers as well.

JK/SEA
03-13-2015, 08:42 AM
on CNN i caught the tail end of some 'official' saying the weapon 'may' have been a rifle with the barrel cut down....

still....125 yards, and nearly missed 2 heads...

'shits piling up so fast you need wings to stay above it.'

morfeeis
03-13-2015, 11:17 AM
on CNN i caught the tail end of some 'official' saying the weapon 'may' have been a rifle with the barrel cut down....

still....125 yards, and nearly missed 2 heads...

'shits piling up so fast you need wings to stay above it.'

I cant think of a non-rimfire rifle round that could hit someone in the face at 125 yards and not penetrate the face.

presence
03-13-2015, 02:32 PM
a carbine?

yes well technically ;)

PaulConventionWV
03-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Yes, we've established that, but can a normal citizen not have those skills?

Mach
03-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Could be an "American Sniper"

An "Al Sharpton Sniper" is more like it.

PaulConventionWV
03-13-2015, 04:39 PM
I cant think of a non-rimfire rifle round that could hit someone in the face at 125 yards and not penetrate the face.

And by the face you mean the bones of the face or the skin?

orenbus
03-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Yes, we've established that, but can a normal citizen not have those skills?

A lot here seem to be assuming the shooter can't possibly have had military training.

Stratovarious
03-13-2015, 05:12 PM
The Muslim in the White House, Eric Holder , Al Sharpton, Farahn,
and the ATF, will have strokes if they can't claim
.223 or 5.56 ammo was used.

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2015, 06:22 AM
sure are pushing the race button a bunch lately

Suddenly race headlines have disappeared from google news front page.

Not clear what was the diversion need within SWC team but office of the President of the United States responding to an idiots 17 sec youtube rant had the same calculated move shade as the Presindetial team doing the media tour to blame Benghazi on a video.

Many media owners since days of Iraqi freedom or perhaps even before that have been acting as political sluts for swcbags.

pcosmar
03-14-2015, 07:19 AM
A lot here seem to be assuming the shooter can't possibly have had military training.

A lot of people are assuming a lot of things.

I do not know..
I do not know the shooter was not a cop or military.
I do not know the shooter was even a local.

I doubt it was one of the local protesters.. or a member of the local (largely disarmed) community..
I doubt is was some street punk.

I have no doubt it will be blamed on such,, and they will provide some suitable patsy to the complicit press.

In the Ukraine recently.. Both Cops and Protesters were shot by the same snipers,, and that led to the Nazi Coup.
This looks like the classic trouble making that has been used elsewhere and perfected to a science over the last hundred 70 years.

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2015, 08:01 AM

Let's wait till all the facts have been outed in MSM. But that would be troubling development if someone rturning from Aghan/Iraqi freedom turned out to be involved in this incidence.

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2015, 08:28 AM
policy followed. Shooting justified... No indictment on the shooter will be submitted by the independant citizen panel.

SWC has called for arrest of "criminals" .. on a comedic talk show.

President Obama: People Who Shot Cops In Ferguson Are “Criminals”

The president made the remarks during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday evening.
BuzzFeed News Reporter

President Obama on Thursday evening called for the arrest of the “criminals” who shot two officers in Ferguson during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in Los Angeles.
“There’s no excuse for criminal acts. Whoever fired those shots shouldn’t detract from the issue. They’re criminals,” Obama said.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/president-obama-people-who-shot-cops-in-ferguson-are-crimina

DamianTV
03-14-2015, 09:47 AM
They reaped what they have sewn.

presence
03-14-2015, 10:13 AM

Shooting into a linear cop rank and hitting 2/4 doesn't mean you "made two headshots" it means 2/4 of your bullets hit meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGYoCNU5es

pcosmar
03-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Shooting into a linear cop rank and hitting 2/4 doesn't mean you "made two headshots" it means 2/4 of your bullets hit meat.

This is true.. Perhaps the provocateur meant to fire the .380 over their heads.. and didn't account for bullet drop.

From the "news" I heard.. it was a very low powered weapon.

paleocon1
03-14-2015, 11:06 AM

Not really. I am a just ok hobby shooter and 2/4 hs would be very doable for at least two of my rifles if i took 5 sec per shot. An Expert would easily be 4 for 4 in say 7 seconds first to last. Of course in a case of murder with malice no one is gonna leave the brass. My Guess- A pro-shooter but told to deliberately not flaunt the skills an the brass is planted to eventually implicate a patsy.

pcosmar
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Not really. I am a just ok hobby shooter and 2/4 hs would be very doable for at least two of my rifles if i took 5 sec per shot. An Expert would easily be 4 for 4 in say 7 seconds first to last. Of course in a case of murder with malice no one is gonna leave the brass. My Guess- A pro-shooter but told to deliberately not flaunt the skills an the brass is planted to eventually implicate a patsy.

There was no rifle used.

There were a couple quick shots.(heard on video). and two cops hit by low powered bullets. neither was life threatening.
Minimal bullet penetration.

This is what leads me to think it was a provocateur.. (one that didn't account for bullet drop) firing a couple shots over their heads with a low powered weapon.

Both bullets were traveling at a downward angle..and with minimal penetration. (stopped in soft tissue on one)..

Now.. a .380, 9mm and .357 are all the same caliber. but the power varies greatly. and at the range if 125 yards bullet drop would be about 2 feet or more.

do the math.

This is a ballistic chart for a carbine.

http://npee.org/data/uploads/products/ballistic-info/9mm-trajectory-height-vs-line-of-sight.png

Mach
03-15-2015, 05:13 PM
You guys were supposedly right, arrest made, Jeffrey Williams said he was shooting at someone else, I'd usually say, yeah right, but the statistics do correlate.

Driving down the street shooting at people is one dumb way, but shooting at people in front of a police station with cops standing all around and in a neighborhood with worldwide attention? :D

http://news.yahoo.com/police-announce-arrest-ferguson-police-shootings-175442302.html

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A 20-year-old man charged Sunday with shooting two police officers watching over a demonstration outside the Ferguson Police Department had attended a protest there earlier that night but told investigators he wasn't targeting the officers, authorities said.

St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch said suspect Jeffrey Williams told authorities he was firing at someone with whom he was in a dispute.

"We're not sure we completely buy that part of it," McCulloch said, adding that there might have been other people in a vehicle Williams is accused of firing from.

Williams is charged with two counts of first-degree assault, one count of firing a weapon from a vehicle and three counts of armed criminal action. McCulloch said the investigation is ongoing.

Mach
03-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Wait, you do have to say, there were cops all over the place, he couldn't have been that dumb to shoot at some other dumbass with cops standing right there..... maybe he was trying to be cool and shoot over their heads.

enhanced_deficit
03-16-2015, 08:00 PM
You guys were supposedly right, arrest made, Jeffrey Williams said he was shooting at someone else, I'd usually say, yeah right, but the statistics do correlate.

Driving down the street shooting at people is one dumb way, but shooting at people in front of a police station with cops standing all around and in a neighborhood with worldwide attention? :D

http://news.yahoo.com/police-announce-arrest-ferguson-police-shootings-175442302.html

This racial news story was suddenly made "un-sexy" couple of days ago in media and no longer worthy of being a top headline on Google. At least for now, other things are important for nation to focus their minds on.

morfeeis
03-18-2015, 12:07 PM
from inside a car
with a handgun
at 120 yards
untrained shooter
Rapid fire and almost two head shots

come the hell on....

enhanced_deficit
03-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Something strange going on. First race stories about Ferguson had suddenly disappeared from media headlines after this shooting.

Now media outlets seem to be turning on one another:

NY Times Hid Quote Noting Cop Shooting Suspect as Ferguson Protester (Then Stuck It Back In)

By Melissa Mullins | March 21, 2015 | 4:44 PM EDT

On Monday, The New York Times ran an online story about Jeffrey Williams, the 20 year old Ferguson resident suspected of shooting two Ferguson officers, in which they first reported that Williams was in fact protesting during the night of the shooting incident. Tuesday morning, the same URL that the online story appeared no longer had that little (but very crucial) piece of information that confirmed Williams was one of the Ferguson protestors. (This important detail has since been returned.)
As Breitbart’s John Nolte (http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/03/17/ny-times-explains-removal-of-shooting-suspects-role-in-ferguson-protests/) explained, the original New York Times report informed readers of Williams’ role in the Ferguson protests:

http://newsbusters.org/s3/files/styles/blog_body-50/s3/images/Jeff-Williams.jpg?itok=t6X3mp7H

“After Michael Brown, he was out there protesting,” an uncle, Mark Mooney, 35, said, referring to the black teenager who was shot and killed by a white Ferguson officer in August. “He had his shirt on. He had his signs up. After that, when things died down, he died down with it.”
Relatives and friends of Mr. Williams said he had taken part in demonstrations but said he was not a protest leader or organizer.

Breitbart News was tipped off by a blog that detailed the original reporting and undocumented edit. When Breitbart reached out to The New York Times, they responded with this assertion:
This story was originally posted yesterday with Mr. Williams court appearance and family quotes. It didn’t make the first print edition of the paper, but late at night, after his lawyer started giving interviews, an edited story (edited because of limited space) was inserted on deadline. That is the version you saw this morning. The quotes have since been added back into the online version of the story, fyi.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/melissa-mullins/2015/03/21/ny-times-hid-quote-noting-cop-shooting-suspect-ferguson-protester (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/melissa-mullins/2015/03/21/ny-times-hid-quote-noting-cop-shooting-suspect-ferguson-protester#sthash.swLJWv89.dpuf)