PDA

View Full Version : What are the most important Congressional votes in last 15 years?

Bryan
03-11-2015, 10:00 PM
What do you think are the most important votes Congress has made in the last 15 years - and why (briefly)?

HVACTech
03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Congress has a tendency to blow off thier responsibilities.

they did not declare "war" on Iraq.
they just gave "permission" to invade. :o

ISIS is blowback.

Brian4Liberty
03-11-2015, 11:06 PM
The Obamacare votes. The Medicare Part D votes.

Both are corporatist, anticompetitive, counterproductive and expand big, inefficient, bureaucratic, centralized government.

The Iraq AUMF. Counterproductive, expensive, resulting in massive death and destruction, as well as helping to destroy the Constitution and basic rights.

Ronin Truth
03-12-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry, I honestly really haven't been paying very much attention to the CONgresscritter shenanigans, goings on, and associated folderol, since it just tends to really always tick me off.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2015, 09:56 AM
The TARP vote.

Moral hazard, rewarded bad behaviour, wasted taxpayer money, made too big to fail entities even bigger, cronyist in nature, extended and hid damage, prevented real free market recovery, not the role of government to bail out corrupt businesses.

Anti Federalist
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
What do you think are the most important votes Congress has made in the last 15 years - and why (briefly)?

I'm sure there have been a few, but the rules that govern and enslave us have been enacted mostly by petty US and global regulators and not by any legislative or representative process.

Danke
03-12-2015, 04:59 PM
"most important votes Congress has made"

Votes to repeal laws.

Have they done that?

Bryan
03-12-2015, 09:32 PM
"most important votes Congress has made"

Votes to repeal laws.

Have they done that?
Yes, that would be good.. but the next best thing is to vote against really bad bills.

Here is the list so far:

Obamacare
Medicare Part D
Iraq AUMF
TARP

Bump for more... thanks all for the input.

fr33
03-12-2015, 10:59 PM
The bank bailout known as TARP. In my life there has never been such an act of injustice on American soil as that one. I will never forget it. I will never forgive the Republican party for it. I was a homer for capitalism and I realized that capitalism was a myth thanks to the obvious fascism they throw in our face. It lead me to realize that our foreign policy was even worse than the manipulation in our markets after I put 2&2 together. It's one thing to take someone's house away. It's another to do that and kill everyone inside.

I'll never forget it.

CaptUSA
03-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Patriot Act. Codified what they always wanted to do. Made it "legal".

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Patriot Act. Codified what they always wanted to do. Made it "legal".

Yep, good call. Destroying the Constitution.

Krugminator2
03-13-2015, 03:02 PM
The budget in 2011 that became the Sequester was the single most consequential and best thing to get passed in my opinion. It was the first time in decades any type of spending restraint passed. It showed that it could be done and it could go into effect and the world would not end.

I would say Iraq, Obamacare,and the Stimulus were the worst votes. Though TARP, ethanol subsidies, the Patriot Act, and Medicare Part D were terrible as well.