PDA

View Full Version : How To Save The Blimp

libertyanne
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Trevor and friends,

My husband and I are behind this project, although we still prefer the original logo because it’s so much more powerful.

So here is how you could rescue this:

Sell seats for $700/day – but you must say which day and where for each seat.

30 days x 13 seats x $700 = $273,000

You can get a free shopping cart from oscommerce.com. We use it and it’s great.

It has plug ins to credit cards and paypal.

The key is that you MUST list EACH DAY as a separate product.

And use a stocktake turned on to track the number of seats as they are sold, and remove them for sale as they sell out.

Because people are getting something BACK, you will be amazed at how many suddenly find $500.

PLUS this plan will be so popular that it will enable you to continue the program throughout the year. And hopefully go back to the original logo.

There will still be others who want to contribute in addition to this.

Notes:
1) Only one paid staff on the blimp.
2) You will have to give refunds if the person does not get a ride due to bad weather.
3) Replace the photos of the seats and the pilot on the front page of the website.
4) The flight plan must NEVER CHANGE because people will make airplaine and hotel bookings for this.

P.S. Not too bad for a troll, eh?

OferNave
12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Good idea. Then you're really selling a product, and the consumer is getting real value (above and beyond simply sponsering a Ron Paul ad).

Might take some time to set up, of course.

libertyanne
12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
It would take 1-2 days to make the shopping cart, if that

macdee
12-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Great ideas will always be coming in! It's hard to jump on a fast moving train. This is a good idea, I don't know how they would work this into the what has already been established. Perhaps four seats could be set aside for your suggestion. I don't know, just a guess. It will be interesting to see.

I originally saw this as people making donations to get the Ron Paul blimp up in the air over Boston Harbor. When they introduced buying tickets to ride on the blimp, that shifted the original intent of their pledge. It's a paradigm shift in thought. People are trying to adjust their thinking. The original goal may have been somehow compromised.

I myself think that has had an effect on collecting the pledges. I wasn't really thinking about riding the blimp, I just wanted to get it up in the air over Boston Harbor for the Tea Party 07.

The managers of the blimp project are doing a great job. Maybe going a little too fast and overshot their mark by offering rides on the blimp. I don't think riding on a blimp was the original thought. It was about getting media attention by getting a blimp up in the air with Ron Paul on it for the Tea Party 07. I'd really like to see this worked out. Contributions are coming in, so it might not be an issue after all.