PDA

View Full Version : Brian Williams Killed Stories Damaging to Obama

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 10:14 AM
The New Yorker’s Gabriel Sherman took a deep-dive into the ongoing shipwreck that is NBC News. The most fascinating tidbit had nothing to do with the House of Cards-style machinations embroiling the Peacock Network. Buried under more than a dozen paragraphs is the bombshell that as anchor and managing editor of the NBC Nightly News, Brian Williams (who is currently serving a six-month suspension) refused to broadcast two big NBC News scoops damaging to President Obama.

According to Sherman’s sources, in 2013, Williams refused to broadcast the news about a Justice Department memo justifying drone strikes against American citizens. Later that same year, Williams wouldn’t air a report that said the Obama Administration had known since 2010 that ObamaCare would cost millions of Americans the very same insurance policies President Obama repeatedly promised they could keep.

Others complained about Williams’s unwillingness to go after hard-hitting stories. Multiple sources told me that former NBC investigative reporters Michael Isikoff and Lisa Myers battled with Williams over stories. In February 2013, Isikoff failed to interest Williams in a piece about a confidential Justice Department memo that justified killing American citizens with drones. He instead broke the story on Rachel Maddow. That October, Myers couldn’t get Williams to air a segment about how the White House knew as far back as 2010 that some people would lose their insurance policies under Obama*care. Frustrated, Myers posted the article on NBC’s website, where it immediately went viral. Williams relented and ran it the next night. “He didn’t want to put stories on the air that would be divisive,” a senior NBC journalist told me. According to a source, Myers wrote a series of scathing memos to then–NBC senior vice-president Antoine Sanfuentes documenting how Williams suppressed her stories. *Myers and Isikoff eventually left the network (and both declined to comment).

“He didn’t want to put stories on the air that would be divisive,” a senior NBC journalist told Sherman.

In the 5900-word report, there are no examples of Williams killing a “divisive” story damaging to a Republican.

It appears as though Brian Williams bowed to Obama in ways that weren’t just literal.

Democrats sure got it good.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/03/09/buried-lede-brian-williams-killed-stories-damaging-to-obama/

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 10:15 AM
And,

The biggest issue that most people here are for getting is that Brian Williams is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. You know that little group that keeps us in war so that the industrial military complex can keep raking in trillions? This connection needs to be blown wide open. He's their propaganda mouthpiece on national tv.

About CFR
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher. CFR members, including Brian Williams, Fareed Zakaria, Angelina Jolie, Chuck Hagel, and Erin Burnett, explain why the Council on Foreign Relations is an indispensable resource in a complex world.

http://i.imgur.com/rwFmk0K.jpg

Saint Vitus
03-10-2015, 10:18 AM
They covered up for Bush for 8 years. It's not a Democrat/Republican thing, the MSM has always been a lapdog for whatever regime is in power.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 10:22 AM
They covered up for Bush for 8 years. It's not a Democrat/Republican thing, the MSM has always been a lapdog for whatever regime is in power.

True, and we can thank Ronnie Reagan for repealing the fairness doctrine giving the MSM the power to slant and exclude any news story of their choice.

AuH20
03-10-2015, 10:36 AM
For 10 million dollars a year, he had to do earn his keep...............

donnay
03-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Wow, imagine my shock upon hearing that a scripted news anchor helped cover up white house corruption.

Danke
03-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Wow, imagine my shock upon hearing that a scripted news anchor helped cover up white house corruption.

Don't let AF see this article.

AuH20
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
I wonder when the elite got to this guy? His heritage & academic background is similar to O'Reilly. Irish, Roman Catholic, Metropolitan Area. I bet he fooled himself to think that he's doing god's work, so he signed on for this NWO gig, where they pay him handsomely.

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I wonder when the elite got to this guy? His heritage & academic background is similar to O'Reilly. Irish, Roman Catholic, Metropolitan Area. I bet he fooled himself to think that he's doing god's work, so he signed on for this NWO gig, where they pay him handsomely.

My response to this is in another thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468324-Jeb-Bush-convert-to-Catholicism&p=5807127&viewfull=1#post5807127

Ronin Truth
03-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Finagling for a paid White House gig, Brian?

enhanced_deficit
03-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Brian Williams Killed Stories Damaging to ObamaThe New Yorker’s Gabriel Sherman took a deep-dive into the ongoing shipwreck that is NBC News. ...

Brian Williams stiff coat-tie is a very tiny microtool within the US media machinery where things happen with nods and plots of media owners and money baggers.
The story does not note that NYT is shipwreck like WaPo that did 27 editorials in favor of Iraq invasion.

Did NY Times Crop George W. Bush Out of Selma Photo?
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Selma-New-York-Times-front-page-photo/2015/03/09/id/629020/ (http://www.newsmax.com/US/Selma-New-York-Times-front-page-photo/2015/03/09/id/629020/#ixzz3U0VAVMhN)

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2015, 12:09 PM
A well known pundit was on Fox yesterday and said that he was always told which subjects were acceptable at major media outlets.

While not located in a single, fully controlled stone building, what we have is essentially the Ministry of Truth from 1984. It's a government-media-corporate complex that both censors and spins most media. Anyone who is not a believer does not keep a job in the industry.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 12:41 PM

he never gave a sheet hes from Canada. :mad:

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 12:46 PM
his daughter is no saint either check out this movie role

lol motorboating where the sun doesn't shine

ctiger2
03-10-2015, 12:50 PM

Yep, protect the zionist puppets.

AuH20
03-10-2015, 01:12 PM
A well known pundit was on Fox yesterday and said that he was always told which subjects were acceptable at major media outlets.

While not located in a single, fully controlled stone building, what we have is essentially the Ministry of Truth from 1984. It's a government-media-corporate complex that both censors and spins most media. Anyone who is not a believer does not keep a job in the industry.

Love how the tools at Fox and Friends act so incredulous when Beck drops the bomb on them. You see how uncomfortable they look? Their job is to not discuss real news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjfdfDHjWQ

Then Beck flip-flops in 48 hours contradicting all his research...

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Finagling for a paid White House gig, Brian?

Which President? What's the pay? ;)

Slave Mentality
03-10-2015, 01:52 PM

O'Reilly is every bit as much a statist shitbag as Williams.