PDA

View Full Version : Positive Response to "The View" Interview!

bgky4paul
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I think it is important enough for its own thread.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=1966746&st=46665

This is a link to a forum of loyal watchers of the "The View". Our man is getting very positive response. Those of you upset about the interview this morning, you must remember that this is pretty much how every interview goes on this show. The people that watch every day expect this, and are not turned off by it.

Chins up, everyone! I am calling this a win for Dr. Paul!! :)

Cindy
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I needed that news! I thought it was a trainwreck myself. Thank you so much for posting this.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm afraid to watch it lol I hate getting myself all worked up over Ron Paul hate :p did he at least get a chance to explain that he believes in state's rights?

Ron Paul Fan
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
You see guys? No need to overreact here! The View appearance has gained us some support! Ron Paul pwns again!!!!!

Micahyah
12-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, too much analysis on this thread by people who don't watch the View regularly, and clearly aren't the target audience.

This is good to hear.

Wayne Hammond
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, too much analysis on this thread by people who don't watch the View regularly, and clearly aren't the target audience.

This is good to hear.

Well, if the "target audience" is empty-headed gossiping Hollywood-Star-Worshipers who don't vote, I guess you're right.

What a waste of airtime.

bgky4paul
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Wow, Wayne, that is harsh! I'm not a regular viewer, but I certainly don't think it's a good idea to alienate anyone who is.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, the paid staffers from other campaigns are being pretty obvious today. You can tell a paid staffer because they are pessimistic about everything and call other people bad names and generally like to degrade just about everyone.

I think the interview went fantastic and I wouldn't be surprised if they have Dr. Paul back on again because his performance was so interesting. He doesn't dodge questions and is even willing to debate the most difficult issues.

Who cares if people say he can't win. It has done nothing but fuel our campaign. People have been saying it for like 7 months now. Who cares, they are just throwing their credibility down the drain because he will win.

nist7
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, if the "target audience" is empty-headed gossiping Hollywood-Star-Worshipers who don't vote, I guess you're right.

What a waste of airtime.

Aren't those people die hard liberals?

They'll vote for Kucinich before they'll vote for Dr. Paul......

Wayne Hammond
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, Wayne, that is harsh! I'm not a regular viewer, but I certainly don't think it's a good idea to alienate anyone who is.

As a person who is concerned about the future of this nation, and the serious issues at stake, I don't ever want to waste my time again with drivel like that which was presented on this "show".

And I am always willing to "alienate" the leftist, anti-Constitution, pro-world government, pro-big government Hollywood types. :D

Blowback
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
As a person who is concerned about the future of this nation, and the serious issues at stake, I don't ever want to waste my time again with drivel like that which was presented on this "show".

And I am always willing to "alienate" the leftist, anti-Constitution, pro-world government, pro-big government Hollywood types. :D

Yea, please stop wasting your time pissing people off on the forum and if you actually care about America maybe you should go outside and hand out some flyers.

bgky4paul
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Wayne, see the title of this thread. The point is the audience of "The View" seems to have responded positively to Dr. Paul and his message. And quite frankly, we can use all the votes we can get, whether or not they pass your standards. Airtime is airtime, and this appearance is a net positive for us all. :D

Wayne Hammond
12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea, please stop wasting your time pissing people off on the forum and if you actually care about America maybe you should go outside and hand out some flyers.

Uh, hate to inform you, but our candidate is also against the leftist, anti-Constitution, pro-world government, pro-big government Hollywood types.

Maybe you ought to read some of his writings. :)

I have no "POSITIVE RESPONSE" to a show which is this much anti-American.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Uh, hate to inform you, but our candidate is also against the leftist, anti-Constitution, pro-world government, pro-big government Hollywood types.

stop being so two dimensional.

peruvianRP
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I think it was great...actually I wanted more and more. Good think the hot chick but stupid blonde was not there.

deehrler
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought that he did as well as he possibly could.

If it was me, I would have said "Shut up you loud-mouthed uterus's!" and ruined the whole thing.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought that he did as well as he possibly could.

If it was me, I would have said "Shut up you loud-mouthed uterus's!" and ruined the whole thing.

LOL!!!

Best thing I heard today!

:p

fourameuphoria
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Dear God, I hope people aren't going on the View forums and alienating prospective voters.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Dear God, I hope people aren't going on the View forums and alienating prospective voters.

I'm more worried about opposing campaign staffers going onto various forums (probably even ours as well) and alienating people by pretending to be Ron Paul supporters and acting negatively, being confrontational, etc.

They blatantly cheat straw polls. They will use every trick in the book to try and win.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-04-2007, 02:04 PM

which is why no one put you in charge buddy :)

bgky4paul
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Bumping this to say that the aforementioned forum continues to be extremely pro-Paul. The only comment that could even be construed as negative was a question about going through WGA picket lines, which is a pretty weak swipe at best. Every other poster who mentions Dr. Paul has given him a positive review.

ckhagen
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Bumping this to say that the aforementioned forum continues to be extremely pro-Paul. The only comment that could even be construed as negative was a question about going through WGA picket lines, which is a pretty weak swipe at best. Every other poster who mentions Dr. Paul has given him a positive review.

Yeah, and us women have REALLY big mouths. It only takes a couple to spread these positive comments like wildfire.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and us women have REALLY big mouths. It only takes a couple to spread these positive comments like wildfire.

lol

I don't get why some people say the Ron Paul campaign doesn't have very many women. My girflfriend likes RP and a couple of her frieds like RP. My mom likes RP. Some of my mom's friends like RP. Lots of women come to our Meetups here in Seattle and they support with passion.

I think the comment that we need more women is a little unfounded but that's just my opinion.

bgky4paul
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
bgky4paul <---------- Girl voting for RP! :D

Dorfsmith
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
lol

I don't get why some people say the Ron Paul campaign doesn't have very many women. My girflfriend likes RP and a couple of her frieds like RP. My mom likes RP. Some of my mom's friends like RP. Lots of women come to our Meetups here in Seattle and they support with passion.

I think the comment that we need more women is a little unfounded but that's just my opinion.

I agree. 50% of the Ron Paul supporters I know personally are women.

I thought Ron did a fantastic job. I was surprised at how good he did when I watched the youtube video. I expected much much worse the way people were talking.

My wife received a call from a friend as soon as it was over. She told my wife that she had just seen Ron Paul on The View and she was so excited to see him there. Now, I will confess that my wife's friend probably will not vote (we're trying to get her to register) but she does talk a lot. If nothing else, Ron Paul being on the show will get people talking. Name recognition is something we really need.

theoddmonkey
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm afraid to watch it lol I hate getting myself all worked up over Ron Paul hate :p did he at least get a chance to explain that he believes in state's rights?

You know what, I felt similar to you but when I did watch it I realized he actually did pretty well. Wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. He still got some of his key views out in front of this great demographic.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM

What a waste of airtime.

It doesn't matter of the target audience of The View doesn't vote in primaries. The target audience of The View talks. A lot. Lots of talk about Ron Paul is good. Eventually, that talk hits the people who do vote in primaries.

amonasro
12-04-2007, 03:14 PM
No matter which way you look at it, the interview is very good for us.

Just ignore the "paid staffers". Most of the time I don't even read the post if it reeks of negative energy.

cswake
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
^ Have we had a poll on how many believe we've been infiltrated by other parties paid/unpaid saboteurs?

Revolution9
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM

What a waste of airtime.

Sure is.. Let's go turn on some football and see how T.O. is doing. Or that other show where guys sit around blustering about what they think they know about something or other.

Randy

Revolution9
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM

He was on it and enjoyed himself. I will bet the green room experience was a good time as well. I can kick your royal ass in cynicism but you just come off as a blowhard here with a set of stereotypes you like to fling sbout with great abandon whilst dredging up fallacious connective canards in a not well thought out gambit to support your dung slinging.. very beta chimp behaviour overall.. Buck up sonny. get a grip.. and clean that pampers smear off the wall you made.

:D
Randy

jenninlouisiana
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I thought he did well.

He basically got them to admit that abortion is a complicated topic that doesn't have any fluffy 2 minute sound-bites. He got Joy and Whoopie to admit that they personally draw a line about when it is too late to have an abortion and he drove home the point that as a federal law, roe v. wade doesn't have any end time lines on abortion. (and I think Whoopie had an abortion when she was young... seems I read that years ago... somewhere).

And... I have almost as many women on my delegate list as men... it's running like 5 women, 7 men. It's not like my list is all men plus me. :D

krott5333
12-04-2007, 04:31 PM
^ Have we had a poll on how many believe we've been infiltrated by other parties paid/unpaid saboteurs?

such a poll would be a waste of time.

go outside and hand out flyers.