PDA

View Full Version : Response to the Mitt Romney Campaign

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
OKay, first, if this is the wrong forum, go ahead and move it.

Secondly, I am LDS, like Mitt.

Third, I am still getting emails from their campaign, though I had thought I had removed myself. Anyway, here is an email I got from their campaign. I responded back and we will see what happens. For your edutainment.

Spencer,
I am not sure you will see this message, as it appears to be going to a general box. My hope is that Mitt Romney will be able to see this message himself. As a Latter Day Saint, I take my responsibility to look at the candidates posistions and balance them against the beliefs of my faith. I give some consideration to those who do not share my faith. I hold LDS politicians to a higher standard though. Unfortunately, Brother Romney does not even satisfy my 'non LDS' standard, much less the LDS standard. To put it bluntly, his politics are in direct opposition to the teachings of our faith. Either way, I will not be able to vote for Brother Romney. Instead, my vote will go to the only candidate who actually stands on a platform that our church leaders would be proud of, Ron Paul. I would ask that you go ahead and remove me from the mass emails, though personal responses to my email from yourself or from Brother Romney would be welcome.

Sincerely,

Tim Davis
LDS Voter in Missouri for Ron Paul

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:41:52 -0600

><font size=1> </font>emasitional//EN" > "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> > > > > > > > >> > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > >
>

This weekend, a contributor emailed asking how he can specifically help our campaign in the final days before the first caucuses and primaries…and now he’s forwarding my response to his entire rolodex. Please follow his lead. The clock is ticking, and Mitt is counting on us.

>

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

>

>

>

>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:37 AM

>
To: Josh Sato

>
Cc: Spencer Zwick

>
Subject: Mitt’s Campaign

>

The race in Iowa and the other early states is neck and neck. I’m feeling anxious…Iowa is just one month away! I emailed the campaign to see what I can do to help. See their response below, and please consider joining me by supporting the Media Victory Fund today at >MittRomney.com/MediaFund.

>

>
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

>

>

>
Dear Josh,

>

>
The action you take today could affect the course of history.

>

>
Governor Mitt Romney is the only presidential candidate with the extraordinary experience, vision and conservative values to strengthen America. In order to communicate this message, we have a goal of raising $1,000,000 for a Media Victory Fund that will allow him to run enough TV advertising > to get his message out and win.

>

>
Governor Romney is asking each of his supporters to sponsor a TV ad. He needs to run more ads in Iowa, South Carolina, Florida and New Hampshire.

>

>
The costs of running these ads vary by state. Click here today and please help Governor Romney win by contributing to the $1,000,000 Media Victory Fund by sponsoring a TV ad in one of the early states:

>

>
MittRomney.com/MediaFund

>

>
The first contest is the Iowa Caucus on January 3rd, just one month away. Please don’t wait.

>

>
You don’t want to miss your chance to elect Governor Mitt Romney. The ad you sponsor could be the one that puts Governor Romney over the top!

>

>
Best regards,

>
> >

>
Spencer Zwick
National Finance Director

Voluntaryist
12-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Ha! I wish I could see donation #s of LDS members to Romney and Paul.

Fyretrohl
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I would say Mitt still has the stronger following of Mormon Sheep. Yes, even we have them. :)

However, among those who are truly searching and researching...Ron Paul seems to be far away the favorite. Joel Skousen's speech is a BIG deal for that group.

specsaregood
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
"The Romney campaign is actively researching WHERE and WHEN Ron Paul is advertising. It is public information and "the Romney campaign is the campaign the is Most interested in where Ron Paul is advertising" I got that straight from somebody that works in the political advertising industry.

They do this so they can run ads in the same market locations. Just food for thought.

Voluntaryist
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
"The Romney campaign is actively researching WHERE and WHEN Ron Paul is advertising. It is public information and "the Romney campaign is the campaign the is Most interested in where Ron Paul is advertising" I got that straight from somebody that works in the political advertising industry.

They do this so they can run ads in the same market locations. Just food for thought.

Smart move on Romney's part. After all, he is a very successful businessman and knows how to hire consultants and advisers to figure out all his crap for him.