PDA

View Full Version : Democrats will vote for Boehner for Speaker

mosquitobite
03-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Dems vow to protect Boehner (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/234766-dems-would-back-boehner-in-coup-attempt#.VPm9bFJmu3Q.twitter)

“I think it would pose a real existential dilemma for us,” said Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.). “I mean, on the one hand, if you have a chance to take out a Republican Speaker, why wouldn't you do that? On the other hand, if the obvious alternative is a Tea Party Speaker, now you've got to worry not only about your own political situation but frankly about the institution.

“I think that would give very serious pause to the Democrats.”

Other Democrats suggested they would side with Boehner for one simple reason: They're hoping to move bipartisan legislation this Congress and see Boehner as a more moderate leader with a penchant for compromise.

William Tell
03-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Of course, I saw this play out in my state this year. Every single Democrat in our house backed the incumbent RINO speaker, over a liberty minded challenger.

ZENemy
03-09-2015, 03:51 PM
A bunch of insiders voting for an insider.

This is about as surprising as a mafia family promoting a mafia member, yea so?

56ktarget
03-10-2015, 04:15 AM
Boehner is the lesser of two evils.

luctor-et-emergo
03-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Not much of a surprise. They know they can't win so they'll opt for what they consider damage control.

@56k, damn you got a nice stack of red bars there. Quite an accomplishment.

Badger Paul
03-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Coalition government? I wonder if Boehner has even thought about it.

nobody's_hero
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
I've said it once and twice and three or four thousand times, gonna have to give Boehner the boot at the ballot box if you want him out of that position before his orange skin turns wrinkly.

AuH20
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Not much of a surprise. They know they can't win so they'll opt for what they consider damage control.

@56k, damn you got a nice stack of red bars there. Quite an accomplishment.

If any of our people ever got hold of the the leadership positions, I think they would frankly dissolve the other two branches and just leave the executive.

ZENemy
03-10-2015, 02:43 PM
If any of our people ever got hold of the the leadership positions, They would be shot

There ya go!

jkob
03-10-2015, 04:10 PM
its laughable that they think a "Tea Party" speaker would take Boners place, it would be somebody just as bad in all likelihood.