PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Paul is Frozen

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Not a single change on that site in 5 days.

I guess I had to drop in over here for a few. Zzzzzzzzz:eek:

jmdrake
03-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Well I guess all of the people here who have hated on DP for no good reason can be happy now. One less pro Ron Paul site in a sea of worthless internet crap is a good thing right? :rolleyes: :( :mad:

AuH20
03-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Well I guess all of the people here who have hated on DP for no good reason can be happy now. One less pro Ron Paul site in a sea of worthless internet crap is a good thing right? :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Nope. There were some good topics from time to time.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Nope. There were some good topics from time to time.

the good topics start there and eventually end up here

Sola_Fide
03-09-2015, 10:55 AM
I've tried to get in to the DP, but there are so many things I don't like about that site.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 10:56 AM
I've tried to get in to the DP, but there are so many things I don't like about that site.

the owner is a bit of a snob, and only lets people sign up about once a year.

angelatc
03-09-2015, 10:58 AM

I did not hate it. I just like this format better. Different community, different culture over there but that isn't a bad thing. Er, wasn't, I guess. I do hate seeing yet another iconic RP site winding down.

Every now and then when I am feeling especially morose, I go through all my old RP bookmarks. When I see how many of them are 404 now, I get practically despondent. But 2007 and 2008 was a wonderful time to be alive, awake and active. I would not have missed all that for the world.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2015, 10:58 AM

I signed up and made a few posts. I don't like the ethos there. Too liberal for me.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I signed up and made a few posts. I don't like the ethos there. Too liberal for me.

well people here havnent been to kind to me here either as you can tell by my feedback.

I'm not a liberal at all but I'm also not right wing.

jmdrake
03-09-2015, 11:37 AM
well people here havnent been to kind to me here either as you can tell by my feedback.

Well I don't usually interact with you, but here is a +rep for lamenting the demise of the DP.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2015, 11:55 AM

Well, we're you bashing Rand or something? I bash Rand sometimes too, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to support him. +rep anyways

SilentBull
03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
That site's still around? I thought they were shutting it down?

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Well, we're you bashing Rand or something? I bash Rand sometimes too, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to support him. +rep anyways

nah I love rand and support all of his moves. I basically took a proactive stance with the Ferguson police shooting and got reemed out hard with no lube.

I guess I'm a proactive kinda guy.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2015, 01:37 PM
nah I love rand and support all of his moves. I basically took a proactive stance with the Ferguson police shooting and got reemed out hard with no lube.

I guess I'm a proactive kinda guy.

Well, I'd probably agree with you there too. What exactly did you advocate?

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Well, I'd probably agree with you there too. What exactly did you advocate?

I basically said that you should not provoke people with guns whether they are police are not.

If you don't want to be involved in an altercation with a cop then don't do stupid illegal things like steal shit from 7-11.

If you piss people off shots go flying.

Sola_Fide
03-09-2015, 02:48 PM
I basically said that you should not provoke people with guns whether they are police are not.

If you don't want to be involved in an altercation with a cop then don't do stupid illegal things like steal shit from 7-11.

If you piss people off shots go flying.

Who here didn't agree with that?

TheGrinch
03-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Who here didn't agree with that?

My guess is the people who let an anti-police agenda (not saying they're wrong, but nonetheless) get in the way of realizing who the actual aggressor likely was in cases like that one.

HVACTech
03-09-2015, 04:22 PM
wow.. looks like it really is froze up, since at least the 6th of this month..

I hate to see that, even though shutting it down, (heck, it was shut down, when it became the "ark")
had been discussed for a long time.

is this how he pulled the plug? :confused::mad::o

Suzanimal
03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I went to their FB page and it looks like articles are being published to it - I don't know if it's a bot. I also noticed some of the posts say this:

Site Offline/Pressflow

If you are the maintainer of this site please check your database settings in the settings.php file and insure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

William Tell
03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I logged in just fine. Its not exactly frozen, I saw some articles published today. The articles on the front page seem to have stayed the same for a couple days. And its been down a lot.

Suzanimal
03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
I logged in just fine. Its not exactly frozen, I saw some articles published today. The articles on the front page seem to have stayed the same for a couple days. And its been down a lot.

Weird. If you log in you can see new stuff but if you're logged out it appears there have been no new posts for a couple of days. The site is running very slow.

William Tell
03-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Weird. If you log in you can see new stuff but if you're logged out it appears there have been no new posts for a couple of days.

That is incredibly weird, I did not notice that. Now that I looked, I can confirm that you are correct.

HVACTech
03-09-2015, 05:05 PM
ya know. that makes sense in a way.
why not freeze up the screen for every one who is not on the "ark"?

DaninPA
03-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I was on yesterday and this morning and it seemed fine. My bookmark is the forums, not the front page. Tried just now and got Server Not Responding.

Suzanimal
03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
ya know. that makes sense in a way.
why not freeze up the screen for every one who is not on the "ark"?

The ark?:confused:

Matt Collins
03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
the owner is a bit snob psychotic, and only lets people sign up about once a year.

Fixed that for you.

green73
03-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Fixed that for you.

How professional of you.

Pretty fucking sad to see a troll with a chip on his shoulder from being banned over there come here and start a shit show so easily. Divide and conquer, right, Matt?

HVACTech
03-09-2015, 07:19 PM

they had the same problem we do with trolls, shills and religious disputes.
first religious discussion was banned. then registration was closed off.

I bolted when the owner started using sockpuppets.

francisco
03-09-2015, 07:37 PM

maybe you weren't invited.

Some others, too:

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/_BV_6p3yA5c0o_J_Fz9VnA--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTQwO3E9OTU7dz00MDA-/http://www.comicsandmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Jesus-sorry-rex-ark-dinosaur-meme.jpg

Suzanimal
03-09-2015, 07:38 PM
maybe you weren't invited.

Was too.:cool:

HVACTech
03-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Was too.:cool:

well, Dear.

I often picture you as a VelocitiRaptor, of the female persuasion. :)

Suzanimal
03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
well, Dear.

I often picture you as a VelocitiRaptor, of the female persuasion. :)

Nope. I'm an ewok.:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/q2tbELu.png

r3volution 3.0
03-09-2015, 08:07 PM

The only reason that many of us were hating on the Daily Paul was that its owner was threatening to close it down for no reason.

If you're unhappy that the DP is shutting down, direct your complaints to Michael Nystrom; he and he alone is responsible.

HVACTech
03-09-2015, 08:24 PM
The only reason that many of us were hating on the Daily Paul was that its owner was threatening to close it down for no reason.

If you're unhappy that the DP is shutting down, direct your complaints to Michael Nystrom; he and he alone is responsible.

the owner was shutting it down in good season. (his words, not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xqhxK_g9mrA
around here, we can deal with trolls, shills and religious discussion.
and not to worry, we have plenty of VelociRaptors around here.

and the Ewoks frolic! :)

Root
03-09-2015, 08:35 PM
I never got into DP. The user interface (while very 2004) is still better than DP. To me, RPF has a better vibe, more ancap/libertarian.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
ok well I guess I'll come back to this side for my fix. I guess I'll start with a fresh new handle because I cant see myself roamin around here with this red scarlet letter on my face. Let me think of a few names.

The mods here seem cool too.

DamianTV
03-10-2015, 07:04 AM
ok well I guess I'll come back to this side for my fix. I guess I'll start with a fresh new handle because I cant see myself roamin around here with this red scarlet letter on my face. Let me think of a few names.

The mods here seem cool too.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Your name does not matter. Your acct does not matter. Your thoughts, the ones you have the power to self manage, or allow others to control reflect your behavior, and your behaviour determines your reputation. If you make good and true liberty oriented and respectful posts, we all become colorblind to your red scarlet letter. We can just as easily make that very same red letter a green one if you so desire, but it matters little if your mind is not free and your thoughts are your own. Do your thoughts serve you, or make you freely serve?

Liberty comes from the idea that we can work together without supervision. We are not children. We do not need to be micromanaged in every microscopic detail of our lives. Those who call for more Govt intervention are the ones that end up in the red. Those who show an inability to hold onto an idea that not everyone agrees with end up in the red. Those who continuously fall for the Propoganda end up in the red. Those who choose only between the choices they are offered and are too foolish to ask whether or not the choices themselves are what limits our freedoms end up in the red. We will never agree on everything. It simply is not possible. I dont agree with many people here on many details, but it does not mean I dont respect them as a person. When we lose respect for the individuals based solely on one trivial fact, then we are behaving like children and would need a parastic government to dictate every details of our lives, and we all deserve to be in the red. The "Red" is the difference between "Red" of Russia meaning Communism, but at its heart, it is Collectivism is at war with our own colors of Red, White, and Blue. Its the age-old dichotomy between Communism and Capitalism, and every day, this country itself turns further and further "Red".

We know something is deeply wrong. We point out the details daily. Yet, time and time again, most of us here keep coming back to the same conclusion, the Constitution is the answer to the Patriot Act, and every other despicable piece of legislation that comes after. Those who have the ability to decide for themselves without interfering with others are the ones that end up with lots and lots of Green. So again, your name does not matter. You can start over if you really wish, but the Admins and Mods may very well frown upon that. You really may want to do some self reflection and think about how you ended up in the Red to begin with. If you do not learn from your mistakes, just as we still learn from ours, then you are doomed to repeat the same mistakes that have occured countless times through out human history. Your mind will never be out of the Red until you begin to think differently.

Trust me, all of us here get the anger. We get dealing with the depression aspects when we start to collectively think "we cant win". We deal with these things every single day. We get that you are angry and want to do something, but you can not push out the Darkness with more Darkness. Rage against the Dying of the Light of Liberty and change your own mind into the mind of a Free and Independant Man. Stand tall with us and we will fix that little Red Bub you got. It wont be hard for us.

RonPaul4Prez2012
03-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Nope. I'm an ewok.:cool:

http://i.imgur.com/q2tbELu.png

Are you sangle?

CPUd
03-10-2015, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXQ0z9NCl8

Father_Abraham85
03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I've been curious and rather agitated at the fact that no one has been able to say anything about it...at all.

I have come to these Forums to get some answers but nothing.

This is my first "anything" on the RonPaulForums (and I've been a member since early 2008) so I hope to find some questions to the answers I seek.

Make it worth while.

William Tell
03-10-2015, 05:24 PM
I've been curious and rather agitated at the fact that no one has been able to say anything about it...at all.

This is my first "anything" on the RonPaulForums (and I've been a member since early 2008) so I hope to find some questions to the answers I seek.

Make it worth while.

I'm not sure I follow you. What's the question? I logged into the DP and commented on a thread few minutes ago. The site is working, for some reason its not updating for those who are not logged in.

Bastiat's The Law
03-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Didn't you have to pay $50 to post?

Sola_Fide
03-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Make it worth while.

What's the question? No one here has anything to do with Daily Paul.

FSP-Rebel
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure when they started charging people to sign up but many of us have been grandfathered in. I joined there before I joined here, probably a week or two prior. For me, this place is a better way to interact even tho I can see how their blog operation could be easier for most people to navigate. Anyways, it's working fine for me. They lost me when it became clear they were against allowing posts to attempt to raise money for candidates like we do here.

William Tell
03-10-2015, 06:06 PM

No. I think there was a short time when new signups had to pay to get an account. Registration has not been open at all lately.

Suzanimal
03-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Are you sangle?

Yub Nub :)

http://i.imgur.com/zZ0UvBb.png

tony m
03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Nystrom's wife's sister passed this last February. This was about the timeframe he had talked of closing the DP. As I look back upon his posts over the last year, I think what was going on with his sister in law was hard on him.

idiom
03-14-2015, 01:15 AM
Fixed that for you.

http://i.imgur.com/3HpiFi0.gif

RonPaulFanInGA
03-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Let it go.

PRB
03-14-2015, 02:04 AM

is it because he manages it all himself?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-14-2015, 02:47 AM
is it because he manages it all himself?

So you're going to troll that forum too?

angelatc
03-14-2015, 12:17 PM
So you're going to troll that forum too?

Nice troll!

Cleaner44
03-14-2015, 01:51 PM
I did not hate it. I just like this format better. Different community, different culture over there but that isn't a bad thing. Er, wasn't, I guess. I do hate seeing yet another iconic RP site winding down.

Every now and then when I am feeling especially morose, I go through all my old RP bookmarks. When I see how many of them are 404 now, I get practically despondent. But 2007 and 2008 was a wonderful time to be alive, awake and active. I would not have missed all that for the world.

It was indeed a special kind of fun. All of the websites, all of the hope that there was a chance of electing Ron. Good times. The internet and websites were less developed. Remember topronpaulsites.com that measured all of the activist sites? Remember Ron Paul Graphs? Good times.

Christopher A. Brown
03-28-2015, 01:41 AM

There were so many covert agents there that its likely they out numbered the sincere 3 or 4 to one. After awhile, a forum like that in the cognitive infiltration business is a real liability, particularly if you are facilitating it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-28-2015, 03:26 AM
Nice troll!

Heh heh.

You know, though, I wonder if the ZippyJuan Account posts over there. Maybe PRB and TheCount, too.

westkyle
03-28-2015, 05:58 AM
There were so many covert agents there that its likely they out numbered the sincere 3 or 4 to one. After awhile, a forum like that in the cognitive infiltration business is a real liability, particularly if you are facilitating it.

Covert agents? Do you have proof? And what ideas were they supporting? I never liked the conspiracy stuff over there. There was never any proof to most of those guy's claims. At least you could get an open mind concerning religion over there without getting disrespected.

orenbus
03-28-2015, 06:36 AM
It was indeed a special kind of fun. All of the websites, all of the hope that there was a chance of electing Ron. Good times. The internet and websites were less developed. Remember topronpaulsites.com that measured all of the activist sites? Remember Ron Paul Graphs? Good times.

I remember those, do you remember ronpaulnation.com or freeme.tv?

jmdrake
03-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Daily Paul is alive and well....for now anyway.

angelatc
03-28-2015, 08:01 AM
I remember those, do you remember ronpaulnation.com or freeme.tv?

RonPaulAudio - user GoldenEquity used to capture MP3s of pretty much every speech Ron Paul made and we could download them onto disc or MP3 player. I was addicted to that. And I donated...

Go through and rewatch "For Liberty (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzVyiCjBj1s)" sometime. Lots of good memories in there.

PRB
03-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Daily Paul is alive and well....for now anyway.

"We are approaching a new phase of the battle. It deserves a new writing. An official new chapter. The Ron Paul era is over. We're moving into the Rand Paul era. So out of respect to both men, but mainly to Ron, a chapter should officially be closed. This site was always for Ron, not Rand. If people want it rechristened, then let's do so consciously and deliberately. Let's not slide into it by inertia or default.
Ron is not Rand, and Rand is not Ron. They both deserve the respect of being known as their own person. One is not a continuation of the other. They are both individuals, and should be seen in that way.

So the site, as it is, should be archived in this its eighth year. It is a document. A realtime documentary of the Season of Ron Paul 2007-2015."

One is not continuation of the other, ....LOL except for the fact one's fan base almost entirely depends on the first group. Sure, Rand did a lot of things on his own and differently than his dad, but would he turn down the support his dad worked 30 years to build? The only time it makes sense to archive a site and make a new one would be, if it makes searching for Rand news easier, such to not confuse readers. If the goal is to pool all and any relevant election information, cultural highlights, technology news, activist stories, then it makes sense to keep the site running for Rand, and other upcoming candidates. The site isn't about the man/men, it's about his/their supporters.

CPUd
03-28-2015, 10:35 AM
LOL he took Ron Paul's picture down from the site after the 2012 primaries, but not at once. I remember every few weeks, he would fade it a little bit more. Then he started calling it the Daily P Au L.

PRB
03-28-2015, 10:36 AM
LOL he took Ron Paul's picture down from the site after the 2012 primaries, but not at once. I remember every few weeks, he would fade it a little bit more. Then he started calling it the Daily P Au L.

fun pun. Peace, Gold, Liberty.

William Tell
03-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Covert agents? Do you have proof? And what ideas were they supporting? Lol! Mr. Brown's 'Article V Convention' stuff didn't go over very well there.:p

angelatc
03-28-2015, 05:36 PM
One is not continuation of the other, ....LOL except for the fact one's fan base almost entirely depends on the first group. Sure, Rand did a lot of things on his own and differently than his dad, but would he turn down the support his dad worked 30 years to build? .

I chuckled when I read this - not because I disagree, but because Mitt Romney's Dad was also a popular Republican politician.

anaconda
03-29-2015, 03:25 AM
But 2007 and 2008 was a wonderful time to be alive, awake and active. I would not have missed all that for the world.

Yep.

anaconda
03-29-2015, 03:28 AM
I never got into DP. The user interface (while very 2004) is still better than DP. To me, RPF has a better vibe, more ancap/libertarian.

I think I signed up at the Daily Paul before I signed up at RPFs, but their interface seemed clumsy and less accessible to me.

PRB
03-29-2015, 07:34 PM
I chuckled when I read this - not because I disagree, but because Mitt Romney's Dad was also a popular Republican politician.

I'm not old enough to have heard of his dad's name.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-29-2015, 08:07 PM
....LOL...

The real LOL is a diehard Democratic like you on this forum, and making this evaluation. Now THAT's funny.

PRB
03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
The real LOL is a diehard Democratic like you on this forum, and making this evaluation. Now THAT's funny.

you're happy to be delusional about me being a Democrat or liberal, good for you.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-29-2015, 08:27 PM
you're happy to be delusional about me being a Democrat or liberal, good for you.

Just stating a fact for everyone to see.

And what's with that new avatar? You had that Priests rape boys avatar. I know that's not just something said by you Jewish atheists/agnostics, but why was that other avatar short-lived?

Is that new avatar a picture you took of yourself?