PDA

View Full Version : The View video (youtube)

phrizek
12-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPysYWw34T8

phrizek
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. We have to keep in mind who the audience of this show is. He handled the abortion questions exceptionally well in my opinion, and brought up some points that will make a lot of viewers think. He also mentioned that he was anti-war, pro-free makrkets, and pro sound money, which I thought was a great tease to get people to google him and find out more. This was a good interview considering the show.

conner_condor
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPysYWw34T8
You all know this was rehearsed don't you? Look at whoopi lips at the same time joy introduces him.

yaz
12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
did ron paul say that, "the states don't deal with murder/violence"

akovacs
12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, it was a flub on his part.

I think he could have articulated the abortion thing much better personally. They spent way too much time on it and all he had to say was "It's not the federal government's problem and this should left to the state and local level" and maybe explain a little bit more from there.

Janet0116
Damn, that was an amazing interview!! What the hell are you people talking about on the other threads, lmao - god, I was sooo scared to watch this! He put THEM on the defensive on abortion, he made them think... Joy got bit back on her comments...he got in a plug that he was anti-war... he was calm, cool and collected. I thought it was really really good.

son of liberty
I didn't catch that flub. I thought he was talking federal.

noxagol
12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
They were pretty hostile to him.

CavortingChicken
wow that wasn't nearly as bad as most of you made it out to be. That woman is just clearly uninformed, I don't think she even meant to say that, honestly.

KewlRonduderules
I just saw the interview. I did not think it was terrible at all. It think it was pretty straight forward except for the comment by Joy- but if you noticed the other hosts went after her for saying that. So there really was not problem with the interview. he did a good job.

I think some are over reacting here.

Too bad it was short.

It was a fine short piece.

This really is not going to harm him at all.

yaz
no he said that quote

WilliamC
12-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Greetings All,

I think this went well. He got the ladies to admit that they are not for abortion on demand and, unlike some other Republican candidates, isn't for a constitutional amendment banning abortion.

What a lame comment at the end, "I wish we had more time". They are the ones in control of how much time he had.

William C Colley

theswedishchef
12-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I think it came out positive.

And beleive it or not I think the most positiv part was when The woman second to the left said

You know you are probably not gonna win, you know that right?

The reason this was so positive was the response...the other three women on the stage as well as the audience PROTESTED against the statement.....

So even if more time would have been nice I definatly think it was a good thing for the cause

RON PAUL 2008 !!

Platondas
12-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Honestly, I think he did pretty well.

JesseCRX
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Whoopie was the only one asking real questions. The other 2 ladies on the right also looked like they wanted to get into some real questions as well, but Joy...oh man. What a piece of work she is.

CavortingChicken
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Plus I think all those women really like him, he's liek a sweet, smart old man to them.

Jojo
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
With 4 women attacking him on abortion, he held his own. Kept stressing sort it out at the local level. Good. Short, but overall good interview. Ron saying that jobs going abroad is due to overtaxation and overregulation here, will hopefully get people to look into him, as the previous poster pointed out.

osofaux
12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
After reading some of the posts here I thought this would be a train wreck, but honestly I didn't think it was that bad either. Sure it could have gone better, but it's exposure. No doubt there are some in his audience who have never seen Dr. Paul before, and no doubt some of those will become supporters.

conner_condor
12-04-2007, 11:58 AM
What a shill joy was.

McLane2007
12-04-2007, 11:58 AM
He did great those are hard issues and he explained his stance

Ron Paul Fan
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, people always overract here. Someone says one little thing they don't like and OMG, they hate Ron Paul! No woman will ever vote for him now! Blah blah blah. Before this interview, people liked the idea of him reaching out to the woman vote and getting his name out there. But after the interview, they complain about the interview! Ron Paul didn't do well, the women didn't like his pro life views, he never should have went on, blah blah blah. I liked him going on and I liked his performance! Overall, I think it was a good interview and good exposure.

nbhadja
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Stupid bitch said RP can't win.

Janet0116
12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it seems to me that the men are reacting a little emotionally here *snicker*

nbhadja
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, it seems to me that the men are reacting a little emotionally here *snicker*

No it was the ignorant uninformed ignorant woman that thought she had more knowledge about the law than Ron Paul.

Blowback
Dr. Ron Paul continues to impress. Could it get any tougher then hyper-opinioned women grilling you on abortion?

People overreact here because they are likely trying to de-rail the campaign and lower our resolve. Anyone who believes every single person on this forum is an actual Ron Paul supporter is deluded. We are on other campaign forums seeing what is going on, I'm sure they are here. I wouldn't be surprised if other campaigns had paid staffers on here just trying to piss everyone off and turn us against each other. These are probably the same people who act immaturely to turn off new members.

Bluedevil
He did a good job answering their ridiculous questions. A bunch of 3rd graders could conduct a better interview than that.

firebirdnation
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Damn, that was an amazing interview!! What the hell are you people talking about on the other threads, lmao - god, I was sooo scared to watch this! He put THEM on the defensive on abortion, he made them think... Joy got bit back on her comments...he got in a plug that he was anti-war... he was calm, cool and collected. I thought it was really really good.

I agree, he did excellent as usual.

Sey.Naci
12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
After reading all the comments in other threads about this interview, I was expecting a disaster.

But it wasn't bad at all. RP held his own, dealt with the abortion issue to the extent that they allowed him to speak, had the opportunity to talk briefly about his sound money stance, and so on. Given the limited time they gave him, he did exceptionally well. It also won't be lost on viewers that the hosts kept interrupting him and therefore limited his time to respond to their questions and comments. There will be viewers like me who consider that rude for hosts to do. Such behavior reflects poorly on interviewers, not interviewees.

You have to realize that The View isn't held in high regard by all women and that abortion, which the women made the dominant issue, doesn't have anywhere near the importance for all of us.

Finally, note that a large number of women really dislike this program. It makes all women look like idiots (thank goodness there's Whoopi, who is at least intelligent!), strident, and politically clueless. I haven't had TV for years, but when I did, The View wasn't one of the programs I watched!!

BlutStein
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
He did good, but the abortion part could have gone smoother. I says this and then realize that I'd probably screw it up royally if I was in the middle of women all talking at the same time. Good grief!

Chomsky
12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
OMG, Whoopi is clueless!

Jobarra
12-04-2007, 12:09 PM
After the fiasco of what people said about Glenn Beck calling us "terrorists" and then finally getting to see the video in question, I tend not to listen to anyone until I have seen the video. There are some here who blow EVERYTHING out of proportion.

As others have stated, Dr. Paul just got name recognition with ALOT of people who didn't know about him before. He could have answered some of the questions better, but I think he did fine being in a slightly hostile environment. Considering what the other candidates would have probably done(stammered out an answer that abortion was completely bad without any explanation, etc.) I think he made great points with watchers by showing a logical process about his way of thinking.

Dr. Paul needs to go on a show like Glenn Becks. Even if he's hostile(again, I've NEVER seen Glenn hostile in his one-on-one interviews, only when he is demagoging), Dr. Paul will get his name and his ideas out there. He can only be HELPED by the NEIA's recent reports on Iran. I could see Glenn backing down some here, but I doubt he would ever change his mind about needing to attack Iran. Dr. Paul will have much more time to respond on Glenn's show as well as get in more issues.

TheIndependent
12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I didn't think it was terrible, but you should see some of the comments to that YT video. Is this how we want to show ourselves, burning every bridge the campaign tries to create by bashing them?

Cripes. What I'm seeing from the bashers isn't cool. This needs to stop before the campaign begins to hurt because of it, seriously.

Matthew Zak
12-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't understand how Whoopi thinks she understands the law of abortion better than a 10 term congressman who spent 30 years as an obgyn doctor. What's next, telling Lance Armstrong that cancer patients are wimps?

texasbelle
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I thought the interview went well. He was able to sneak in the anti-war stance and that will really resonate with this soccer mom demographic IMO. I particulary do not like the View because I cant stand that they all talk over each other. Dr Paul did excellent in this situation. It makes me want to run into traffic!! :eek:He remained cool, calm and got his points out there (if you could hear over the yappin!!!) overall the name recognition is what we need!!

cthurow
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
The best thing we can do is to write to The View and tell them how much we enjoyed that segment and ask them to have him on again. A couple thousand emails should do the trick! Follow this link to The View mail page:

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

Matthew Zak
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
"gun to your head, who would you vote for"

jesus christ, how many times does he have to obviously evade this question?

Spanish for Ron
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I was scared when I read the other thread, but it wan't nearly bad. He didn't clarify his abortion stance as well as he could have, but on the other hand he appeared communicative, asking them their opinions, etc. I think women like that (or so they say xDD)

jmunjr
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
I think he has a cold...

peruvianRP
12-04-2007, 12:21 PM

He was cut by one of the ladies.

peruvianRP
12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Talking about aborting to a room filled with woman and you are pro-life? phew...Ron Paul kicked some ass right there.

newbitech
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
A couple of points about abortion that the Pro-Choice crowd clings to.

1.) Some states would ban abortion. This means that someone who choose to exercise their individual rights for an abortion would need to travel out of state.

2.) Since abortion would likely be banned in several states, this would put abortion clinics out of business. Abortion would be more expensive.

I personally hold the belief that abortion should be performed on a case by case basis. The decision should be between parents (if a minor), BOTH parents, the doctor, and the priest (should either parent desire). I would consider myself Pro-Choice on this issue in the current paradigm.

I believe the current paradigm on this issue should be the focus of change and Doctor Paul may want to consider arguing his points from a new angle. The States vs the Fed argument in my opinion is complicating matters. While I am in complete agreement with Doctor Paul that abortion should NOT be an issue that the Fed deals with, I am in complete disagreement that abortion is something the State should handle.

The abortion issue raises some serious questions about States vs Federal. This is the old way of looking at things. States like California, Florida, Texas, and New York are like mini-countries themselves. I think that the Federal Government needs to take a serious look at giving more power to and better protecting of local governments.

The question of abortion needs to be decided by City Councils, County Commissions, and similar types of local government bodies. I am not sure what role the Federal and State governments have in protecting local government bodies, but issues like abortion which are clearly individual choices should definitely be protected at some level of government.

Bottom line, the argument of States vs Fed harkens back to the old days of Demo vs Repub, Red vs Blue, Lib vs Repub. Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life. Its part of the old paradigm and Ron Paul would serve us all well if he abandoned that old cadre in favor of a more progressive view on protecting individual rights while honoring life.

I am still voting for him, but I believe this to be his weakest plank and when he wins the Repub nomination or runs as Independent he will need to reinforce his beliefs with a new way of arguing against Roe vs Wade.

Respectfully submitted,

John in FL.

DJ RP
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
WTF is wrong with people. I was expecting this to be bad. It was absolutely fine and Ron did an oustanding job in a difficult situation. I'm not a woman but my guess would be if I were pro-choice and I saw this I would come away with a very positive opinion of Ron Paul. His manner is so disarming, he is an experienced politician, very slippery and difficult to trap. Somebody in a different thread said he was not good at debating. I personally think that's one of his biggest strengths.

Arklatex
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
When whoopi was talking about the "china problem" I thought she was referring to the tainted imports issue, so when Paul gave his answer i think many women might have been confused. Anyone want to verify?

Ron LOL
12-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow, he got totally ambushed on abortion. Go figure, I guess.

Not terrible, not great.

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought it went quite well overall. I have lots of female friends who watch the View. I have mentioned Ron Paul to them before but they don't seem too interested. I think maybe now they'll have some more questions for me.
I wonder if it would have been a good move for him to bring his wife on? :)

Jobarra
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
When whoopi was talking about the "china problem" I thought she was referring to the tainted imports issue, so when Paul gave his answer i think many women might have been confused. Anyone want to verify?

I think that's what Whoopi was going for, but he answered that question AND the unasked question of what China is doing to our economy and what power it has over it. Loved that response. I liked his response from the 12/01/2007 speech even better. "It's ultimately the responsibility of the company that sells you that item as to whether it's safe or not" You better believe the companies will react if a lawsuit can be filed against them.

JMann
12-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Paul handled himself well but you knew these ladies where only going to be concerned about his pro-life position.

literatim
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
I personally hold the belief that abortion should be performed on a case by case basis. The decision should be between parents (if a minor), BOTH parents, the doctor, and the priest (should either parent desire). I would consider myself Pro-Choice on this issue in the current paradigm.

I wonder how many people in Soviet Russia advocated that Christians should be executed on a case-by-case basis instead of the whole sale genocide. You know, with both parents, the doctor and the priest (should either parent desire).

MusoSpuso
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't understand what all the whining was about earlier. This was NOT that bad. It was pretty simplistic and empty issue wise because of the time and format but it was a good introduction for people who don't know him.

The "you know you're not going to win" comment of course was out of line but all in all it wasn't that bad.

TheIndependent
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I wonder how many people in Soviet Russia advocated that Christians should be execution on a case-by-case basis instead of the whole sale genocide. You know, with both parents, the doctor and the priest (should either parent desire).

You might want to edit; your sentence makes no sense in its current state, and I'm not sure your analogy works in a 1:1 situation in this case.

Bigboyen
12-04-2007, 01:01 PM
A very good interview.

The most important thing for a presidential candidate is not his views, but if people feel they can trust him.

Paul did seem trustworthy and treated the ladies with respect even dough they did disagree on the abortion issue. That's important - especially in a setting like this. If you only get the votes from people that agree on everything you stand for you won't win - so the trick is to get people to vote for you because they like you and trust you even when they disagree with you. Most people are not a one issue voter.

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
A very good interview.

The most important thing for a presidential candidate is not his views, but if people feel they can trust him.

Paul did seem trustworthy and treated the ladies with respect even dough they did disagree on the abortion issue. That's important - especially in a setting like this. If you only get the votes from people that agree on everything you stand for you won't win - so the trick is to get people to vote for you because they like you and trust you even when they disagree with you. Most people are not a one issue voter.

Good point. I seem to remember this being a big thing that was touted for W Bush when he was first running for Pres. Boy oh boy was that a mistake...

literatim
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
You might want to edit; your sentence makes no sense in its current state, and I'm not sure your analogy works in a 1:1 situation in this case.

Abortion is murder. What we are facing today is genocide of the innocent.

Arklatex
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
"It's ultimately the responsibility of the company that sells you that item as to whether it's safe or not" You better believe the companies will react if a lawsuit can be filed against them.

Your preaching to the choir here Jobarra. I wish he would have said that on the view.

CAKochenash
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
pwnd..

warmth of the sun
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Bad interview?

He explained his abortion stance very well. I wish he had spoken so clearly at the debates about it. His comments on the dollar were great too. Great interview.

autobot
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
As a woman, I find the idiocy of these women astonishing.....Ron Paul did great.
THese women don't even seem have knowledge required to graduate high school, so they are difficult to debate with. The china problem?? What was she talking about? The guest host wasn't an idiot, at least. Still, the one thought nothing in history came before Jesus(is she just on there to make Christians look bad? Yikes) and they all said math was too hard. What dummies. Ron Paul came out looking great. Against the war, localized abortion laws, the falling dollar, etc. That one comment about him not winning was so stupid but he answered well.

wfd40
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Personally, I just wish he laid on the "ron paul charm" a little more... he engaged the "twang" when whats her face said he wouldnt win.

I love that voice/tone of his... and on a woman's program, that's what was needed. Bill Clinton is loved for being able to employ such charm... Paul has it too.

It only needs to come out a little bit more :)

literatim
12-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Shows like The View are popular because it caters to emotions. All of the discussion points on that type of show are not well thought out, but are highly energizing. The same goes with their guests, the young girl for example. It was an emotional piece.

This went for how they viewed Ron Paul also. You saw them describing him as a father figure and one said she liked him because he was a GYN. These are emotional points that are completely irrelevant to politics, but this is what they see.

Ron Paul clearly came prepared for such an environment He walked out with authority just like the father figure that they described of him would be like. He also showed conviction and adamant protection of the unborn. He had the abortionists on their heels because he hit an emotion. When she said he knew he couldn't win, he sternly disagreed.

All-in-all, it was a good interview.

mconder
12-04-2007, 01:28 PM
"the states don't deal with murder/violence"

If he did it was just a slip up. Bush says things we stupider than that when he gets excited. Like the one about "the united states never stops trying to devise ways to harm it's own people."

newbitech
12-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I wonder how many people in Soviet Russia advocated that Christians should be executed on a case-by-case basis instead of the whole sale genocide. You know, with both parents, the doctor and the priest (should either parent desire).

I am not concerned with what is occurring in Russia. I am only concerned that Ron Paul deliver us freedom.

I do not intend to argue with your position on abortion. Your sarcasm shows that you do not to believe my opinion to be a serious one.

Do you have anything else to say regarding the interview on "The View"? Do you honestly believe that if Ron Paul pushed his personal beliefs on abortion that he would increase his chances on being elected the next president of the USA?

I think Ron Paul is an honest politician. I think that Ron Paul is not going to force his opinions on anyone, nor will he try to compare a legitimate medical procedure with genocide. Ron Paul is for the Rule of Law and the Constitution.

Currently, Roe vs Wade is a legal precedent that either needs to be overturned in the Supreme Courts or ignored in favor of a substantial law that deals with the issue of protecting individual rights while honoring Life.

This is not an issue that should be handled on the Federal level as Ron Paul has stated. I agree. I will also reiterate that I personally do not believe the issue should be handled at the State level as states have grown too big to represent the moral beliefs of everyone in the state. In other words, I disagree with Ron Paul that State government = local government. However, I hold these views in hopes that the Freedom movement matures, because lo and behold, we cannot get to this point if we do not progress through the State vs Fed paradigm.

Take a listen to this supporters question in Ron Paul's very recent CSpan stump.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7490959730637190903
Listen to the woman starting at around 59:30. Her son is thinking along the same lines as the point I am trying to make here. I hope Doctor Paul soon clarifies his stance because it is the crux of his abortion plank and the underpinning of his entire platform.

Incidentally, this woman is donating for the first time and with a check no less! The movement is growing exponentially despite our disagreement on a final cure for the abortion issue!

user
12-04-2007, 01:29 PM
That was unnecessarily short. Kate Walsh even wanted to discuss homeschooling but they ran out of time.

mconder
He handled the abortion questions exceptionally well in my opinion

I'd like to see how Mitt Romney would have handled that.

BillyDkid
My two cents - I watched the youtube and I didn't think it went that bad at all. Ron misspoke a couple of times, but nothing serious. It wasn't very informational, but people got a feel for the man and for people seeing him for the first would have found him likeable.

KewlRonduderules
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
there is a better video here:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/View_hosts_grill_Paul_on_abortion_1204.html

BillyDkid
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Abortion is murder. What we are facing today is genocide of the innocent.We've had this debate in here a lot and the people who hold that any abortion is simply murder from the moment of conception are just wrong as the people who say that abortion is only about a woman's right to control her own body. It is more than obvious that a clump of cells no bigger than a pin head is in no way equivalent to a six month old fetus and for both sides to cling stubbornly to their extreme views leads nowhere. My personal belief is that the morning after pill will do more to curb abortions than anything has so far and people like myself who don't like the idea of killing unborn children should welcome it.

JeffersonThomas
12-04-2007, 01:41 PM
He handled the abortion questions exceptionally well in my opinion

I'd like to see how Mitt Romney would have handled that.

LOL... "Well, first I guess I'd check with my lawyers. Then maybe I'd consult the Bible, which I believe in...but I won't say if I believe every word or not. It's such a tough issue that I'd probably call up the Profit in Salt Lake City and get some orders. If the Mother hasn't changed her mind by the time I'm finished with all that Waffling...(trail off)"

Whoopi: Uh...Sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand. Do you support abortion?

Willard "Mitt" Romney: "Well, first I guess I'd check with my lawyers. Then..."

literatim
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
We've had this debate in here a lot and the people who hold that any abortion is simply murder from the moment of conception are just wrong as the people who say that abortion is only about a woman's right to control her own body. It is more than obvious that a clump of cells no bigger than a pin head is in no way equivalent to a six month old fetus and for both sides to cling stubbornly to their extreme views leads nowhere. My personal belief is that the morning after pill will do more to curb abortions than anything has so far and people like myself who don't like the idea of killing unborn children should welcome it.

It is human life.

Period.

From the point of conception, a living human being with it's own distinct DNA is residing there. The size of human life does not determine its right to life.

markderidder
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Man those women are dense. And people on this forum say Elizabeth is misinformed and stupid? She can at least speak eloquently, and would more likely give Ron Paul the respect he deserves.

markderidder
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Joy is something else too, she says abortion is murder when it is past a certain point in the pregnancy, but once an egg starts to grow inside your body, it's not yours anymore, its a human life. I know that people feel that point is up for debate, but it doesn't take long to come to that conclusion if you think about it.

If you don't want to risk having a child, don't have intercourse with men that you don't want to be the father of your children. And yes it is THAT easy. If you mess up you can always give it up for adoption. In my opinion the big problem women face is the thought that society would label them or would bring shame to their family if they got pregnant out of wedlock, which is very sad. Thats is the perception that should be changed in this country more than abortion laws.

And if anyone wants to push me on this, personally I am more forgiving if it were a case of rape or incest, but that would probably bring about many false rape charges.

Anyhow all that is beside the point Paul is trying to make, and that abortion laws should be a state level decision which would be nice. That way, they can stop using it as a hot button issue to manipulate presidential nominees.

Stealth
12-04-2007, 02:14 PM
you're not going to win...what kind of BS was that why did she even say that. subliminally saying that he's not a popular and that means there's a reason for htat.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Wow, what a stupid interview.

matthylland
12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
god, good interview...but they get on my nerves. You can tell how awful of a show that is....

moglesb1
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM

if you listen to the context ... i am sure he meant federal government ... anyone else think so????

ProfNo
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Ron Paul did a great job in a clearly hostel environment. Abortion is a difficult issue, but I think he is the only one with a stance on it that can appeal to both pro-life and pro-choice people---this does make it somewhat difficult to explain, i.e., it takes more that a five second sound bite.

ronpaulyourmom
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
if you listen to the context ... i am sure he meant federal government ... anyone else think so????

Yes

ronpaulyourmom
12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I think the interview was mostly good. He was assertive but respectful, he was willing to debate, he 'kept up' with the girls... he came off as approachable.

It cant hurt him, it can only help him.

JMann
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Ron Paul did a great job in a clearly hostel environment. Abortion is a difficult issue, but I think he is the only one with a stance on it that can appeal to both pro-life and pro-choice people---this does make it somewhat difficult to explain, i.e., it takes more that a five second sound bite.

Yes it is and there was no way The View girls wasn't going to put that front and center. So many topics that actually effect people could of been discussed instead they chose and issue almost exclusively targeted to 16-24 year old women. Then again I guess that is their audience. Paul did well but anyone could see the ambush coming.

JMann
12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
It is human life.

Period.

From the point of conception, a living human being with it's own distinct DNA is residing there. The size of human life does not determine its right to life.

You may hold that view and it is fine with me but you have to understand you will never gain a solid majority of people to agree with you. In order to end this subject that has been argued all my life we need to find common ground and go from there. The problem is that there is too much money for pro-life and pro-choice extremist for anyone to actually want to put the issue behind us.

Adamsa
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Literally obbsessed with abortion.

I like how Whoopi thinks she knows more about the personal situations of the women who want these abortions than an OBGYN.

DirtMcGirt
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I thought he sounded good, we have to remember this man is substance not merely words. It's your actions not what you say!!! He defiantly open up some minds today. Not sure if the view audience is into the constitution and state rights... maybe he should use the phrase gov't "cradle to grave" and "patriot act" all in one line.

TheNewYorker
12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
He fucked that interview up big time. 3/4 of the interview was on abortion, and he couldn't get to the point, he just rambled on and on, what he was saying didn't even make sense.

Jesus.

NewEnd
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
wow that wasn't nearly as bad as most of you made it out to be. That woman is just clearly uninformed, I don't think she even meant to say that, honestly.

People are calling a woman a bitch, who earleir said he was her favorite candidate.

It wasn't too bad, I wish Ron Paul hadn't spent so much time debating abortion. I wish he would have left it up to the states thing, nto the actual detaials of why he personally is against it.

I also noticed, he is sick, (sniffles) just like me.