PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul a "Racist"?

jasongpeirce
03-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Here is a short article on the recent mainstream media attempts to frame Ron Paul as a "racist": http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/the-racist-smears-against-ron-paul-dont-stick/http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/the-racist-smears-against-ron-paul-dont-stick/

acptulsa
03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
We put this to bed eight years ago. Anyone who claims Ron Paul is racist is libelous or slanderous. Men who know him far better than any "journalist" have happily attested to it.

You don't make yourself look good by throwing mud at the finest elder statesman of our generation. Let them bury themselves.

green73
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
We put this to bed eight years ago. Anyone who claims Ron Paul is racist is libelous or slanderous. Men who know him far better than any "journalist" have happily attested to it.

You don't make yourself look good by throwing mud at the finest elder statesman of our generation. Let them bury themselves.

He writes for RP's VOL, he's the author of the article in the OP.

The MSM is still playing this card. It may have been put to rest in our minds but the fight isn't over. LRC and the like continue to trounce the Establishment every time they try it, but that doesn't stop them getting the lie out there to new ears.

acptulsa
03-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Good point, green. Time to dust these off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFLSwDvBUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2svQNYS6kQ

Oh, well, no wonder they feel they can drag this settled issue to the fore again. I wonder if they also scrubbed the New York Times article admitting that those writings bore no resemblance to Ron Paul's style or sentiments as well? That would be just like the Times, trying to appear credible by admitting the obvious, then scrubbing their records of that later so they can attack some more.

Here we go. Libertarians are busy reposting it, apparently every day as needed to stay ahead of the Memory Hole:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGhv3paNz6U

jmdrake
03-07-2015, 06:25 PM

The MSM is still playing this card. It may have been put to rest in our minds but the fight isn't over. LRC and the like continue to trounce the Establishment every time they try it, but that doesn't stop them getting the lie out there to new ears.

Yeah. The attacks are being renewed. Writing our own counter pieces and linking to them >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than posting yet another hit piece and saying "Look at what this jerk is saying! Go to his website (and give him more traffic) and give him a piece of your mind!"

RJB
03-07-2015, 07:06 PM
I would be an interesting pool to bet on how many new posters will ask or post an article with the headline "Is it possible for Rand Paul to distance himself from his father's racist newsletters?"

I notice that it's always someone with less than a month's time here who posts these things and they usually disappear after a week or so.

I'm betting between now and January 2016 we will see 30 to 35 such posts from such posters.

acptulsa
03-07-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm betting between now and January 2016 we will see 30 to 35 such posts from such posters.

I'll take the 45-50 bracket.

RJB
03-07-2015, 07:31 PM
I'll take the 45-50 bracket.

You're probably more right than me.

How about any new threads fitting that description are tallied here?

The One
03-07-2015, 07:34 PM
They forgot isolationist, conspiracy theorist, terrorist sympathizer, and Fiji water drinker. This thread makes me feel like I'm back in the good old days.

Danke
03-07-2015, 08:08 PM
They forgot isolationist, conspiracy theorist, terrorist sympathizer, and Fiji water drinker. This thread makes me feel like I'm back in the good old days.

I was gonna give it a one star, but since it brought out "The One," I won't now.

fr33
03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
We've entered a new dimension. You can be called a racist or terrorist without giving a reason to have been labeled as such.

Origanalist
03-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Is Barrack Obama a Muslim?

HVACTech
03-07-2015, 10:31 PM

pffft.. everyone knows Barrack Hussein is a good wholesome... Hawaiian name.

Origanalist
03-07-2015, 10:34 PM
pffft.. everyone knows Barrack Hussein is a good wholesome... Hawaiian name.

So Hawaii is part of Africa, right?

Danke
03-07-2015, 10:38 PM

No, he is a stooge, a puppet.

Origanalist
03-07-2015, 10:47 PM

http://cdn.muslimmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/wisam_face-01_1711.jpg

HVACTech
03-07-2015, 10:54 PM

^^ that guy ^^

no, that would be the guy they fired for giving him the Nobel prize.

Anti Federalist
03-07-2015, 11:02 PM
I was gonna give it a one star, but since it brought out "The One," I won't now.

I saw Petar in another thread...old home week.

osan
03-08-2015, 08:24 AM
We've entered a new dimension. You can be called a racist or terrorist without giving a reason to have been labeled as such.

Well yes, that's right. Would you have expected to see something different in this age of decay? People are saying "fuck it" to notions such as decency, responsibility, intelligence, integrity, courage, and they are going for the gusto in terms of the good old "race to the bottom".

At some point in a man's existence, if "things" venture past a certain point - probably different and differently for everyone - the sense of morbid curiosity kicks in and they decide to ride the bitch downward, full throttle. After all, if things are going to go bust, is it not better to go out with a huge bang, than with a whimpering <poot> <poot> <fup>?***

*** Thank you, National Lampoon - 1977 "Spring Fascism Preview" issue.

jasongpeirce
03-08-2015, 08:48 AM
jmdrake read the post. I wrote it. Yes I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty and he endorses my writing.

jasongpeirce
03-08-2015, 08:50 AM
RJB, easy fellas. I thought people might actually read the article here. I wrote it. I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty, he endorses and shares the articles.

jasongpeirce
03-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Yeah. The attacks are being renewed. Writing our own counter pieces and linking to them >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than posting yet another hit piece and saying "Look at what this jerk is saying! Go to his website (and give him more traffic) and give him a piece of your mind!"

jmdrake read the post. I wrote it. Yes I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty and he endorses and shares the articles. Easy folks...

jasongpeirce
03-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Thank you green73

jasongpeirce
03-08-2015, 08:54 AM
I would be an interesting pool to bet on how many new posters will ask or post an article with the headline "Is it possible for Rand Paul to distance himself from his father's racist newsletters?"

I notice that it's always someone with less than a month's time here who posts these things and they usually disappear after a week or so.

RJB, easy fellas. I thought people might actually read the article here. I wrote it. I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty, he endorses and shares the articles.

acptulsa
03-08-2015, 08:54 AM
jmdrake read the post. I wrote it. Yes I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty and he endorses my writing.

jmdrake read the post. I wrote it. Yes I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty and he endorses and shares the articles. Easy folks...

Glad it isn't quite this redundant...

Suzanimal
03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
I thought it was a good article and linked to it a couple of days ago in this thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?469791-Would-Ron-Paul-Buy-Bill-O%92Reilly-Dinner

I love VOL. Welcome to the forums!:)

RJB
03-08-2015, 12:26 PM
RJB, easy fellas. I thought people might actually read the article here. I wrote it. I write for Ron Paul's Voices of Liberty, he endorses and shares the articles. Sorry man. I judged you strictly by the title and what I was used to seeing. My mistake.

Terry1
03-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Look at it this way, this racist accusation is so old, yet the only ones playing on it still are the Ron Paul haters and those too ignorant to know the difference. Why worry about it.

So if the race card is being used to play on the ignorant--do we really want them on our side? Stupid, ignorant people will believe what they want to believe whether it's the truth or not. Half of this country voted for Obama--what does that say? Everyone should start praying before the next election--we're gonna need it.

Then again--we might have an edge now that Obama's *obamacare* has turned sour in the mouths of those who thought they were going to get a free ride on the healthcare wagon, their gas and mortgages paid by the taxpayers--LOL Now they know what obamacare is costing them. Whether they use it or not--if they're out of work--they still have to pay the government back for time off without sufficient coverage--no matter what their reason. So unless they're dirt poor without a pot to pee in or window to toss it out of--they have to pay it back or lose their tax refunds until they do. These are the ignorant people who never understood this policy before they voted for it--all they saw was a black man in the White House and all of those special interest groups promoting their liberal agenda's through him. Obama was just as much a pawn in his own game as those he used to get elected and the entire country suffered for it.

The next election should be very interesting indeed. I wouldn't worry about the race card being played at all this time around. Lol

anaconda
03-09-2015, 01:44 AM

So are 98 Senators and 432 Representatives.

ChristianAnarchist
03-09-2015, 02:27 AM
If you point out the factual differences in the "races" you are labeled a "racist". The whole term is based on a lie to begin with because we are all from the same "race", the human race.

Terry1
03-09-2015, 02:51 AM
If you point out the factual differences in the "races" you are labeled a "racist". The whole term is based on a lie to begin with because we are all from the same "race", the human race.

Intelligent people already know this. The one's who voted for Obama last time because he was black and thought Obamacare was a good deal probably won't even vote in the next election because they'll feel they've nothing to gain from it. Lol

acptulsa
03-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Look at it this way, this racist accusation is so old, yet the only ones playing on it still are the Ron Paul haters and those too ignorant to know the difference. Why worry about it.

This.

Look what a service I'm performing! I dug up the zombie we buried long ago and I've almost got it killed once and for all!

Um, that zombie wasn't causing any harm at all until somebody dug it up...

If you want to be hailed as a friend, don't unwittingly help the enemy. After all, the enemy is actually smart enough to know that all most people learn from any report or editorial essay is the headline.

jasongpeirce
03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks Suzanimal:)

jasongpeirce
03-10-2015, 03:53 PM
All good RJB, I'm new here, next time I post I'll put more info at the top of the post so you all know where i'm coming from.

jasongpeirce
03-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Terry1, yes the accusation's are old. But the article I wrote is on new allegations from RP's recent interview with Lew Rockwell. As the accusations keep coming up I think it's important to nail them each time they do.

jasongpeirce
03-10-2015, 04:06 PM
acptulsa, I'm not sure where you're coming from here, but I assume from your tone and reprimand you're trying to insult here. I didn't dig up anything. The article is about new allegations, based on RP's January, 2015 interview with Lew Rockwell, which the mainstream media "dug up" and latched onto as further "proof" of RP's "racism." Of course, the allegations are asinine. I don't want to be "hailed" as anything, I just want to help promote liberty and help defend against attacks on liberty. Like I said, I'm new here. I didn't think I'd find "enemies" here like you, or that I had to be so sensitive about "headlines."
nice to meet you.

osan
03-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Not so fast - depends on the definition of "race", down to the minutiae. It should be noted and borne in mind that the notion of race may be held loosey-goosey or tightly in semantic terms. It could speak broadly, narrowly, deeply of in the shallows.

Living things are not simple toys. They are complex. Sticking simple labels on complex things is OK, so long as the label is used simply for identification purposes. The moment the label begins to take on the role of qualifier, things can go very badly awry in no time whatsoever. That is what has happened here with "race". Nobody knows what defines the term, in specifics. Is it morphology? If so, what aspects of it? All? Granting that, what does "morphology" include? Does "race" include biochemistry? Specific anatomical traits? If the latter, what are the metes and bounds and characteristics of those traits such that you identify and separate one from the rest?

We could go far deeper down this rabbit hole, asking what the various related terms actually mean in irreducible specifics. Once again we find that language is quite the devil in such cases as this. We could not survive without it, but contrariwise it gets us into endless trouble. Proper and adept thinking is DIFFICULT when the level of abstraction goes much higher than being hungry, horny, sleepy, afraid, fascinated, or need to take a screaming poo. And yet, people do not give "thinking" a second thought. They just do it, most of the time in willy-nilly fashion. The evidence stands before us in stark tones and painful contrasts; just look at the misery all around us, and the piles of bodies in some places. Were all men to sit quietly and ponder the frightfully tenuous position of their lives, I daresay many would go mad on the spot for the terror that would arise within them. Language and the thought power it enables in us is a delicate thing in terms of how it develops in us as children. It is prone to the ravages of entropic effects. We are highly adaptable creatures, but even that capacity has its limits and I fear we are at them as we speak. What happens once a threshold of insanity is crossed is anyone's guess, I suppose, but we all know what happens when a keystone is removed from an archway.

We have treated ourselves and our children ever so unkindly. It is the balance of order and entropy that has risen us from the weeds, yet we do not consider this, much less respect it, and far much less cherish it. We remain ignorant of it as we run about our daily lives in the mad rush to do whatever it is we think is so much more important. Our children grow up blowing in the entropic winds of a human world that becomes more chaotic by the day. How can they ever hope to grow into sound, sane adults when the sirens' song diverts their attentions from the light within?

This is largely why I believe we shall stand a doomed race until such time that some outside event interferes to break the cycle of madness. We plunge headlong into the maw of hell because we do not identify our "destination" as being that place. We don't see the signs because we are now too busy trying to get from one day to the next, barely keeping our noses above the surface. How do we have time to fight the good fight and to see to our children's better interests? So stressed are we that we are "forced" to call it good when we gaze upon our child and see they have not combusted before our eyes. Anything better than that is now a matter of pure dumb happenstance for many.

And yes, all this stems from language at the root because it is indeed the fount of all articulated thought. It is the source of all that lies beyond the mere scratching of an itch. "Race" is a BIG word, the implications of which spill forth in torrents as the rains, winds, and tides of the largest and most murderously violent hurricanes. And yet, we treat it with casual indifference, allowing the acres of its tacit implications to wash by us as we act upon the impulses that this seemingly innocuous word imparts to our minds. That, my friends, is raving, howling, dancing-a-jig-on-a-hydrogen-bomb insanity. The fascinating part is how we mask it from ourselves. Fear? Probably. But also "I'm too busy to bother with that" is a likely frequent cause of our bad habits.

People are not going to break their bad habits until the motivation to do so becomes greater than that to put it off until never. The greater the gap between the gross majority who refuse to think with minimally rational character and the ever shrinking minority who at least endeavor to live intelligently, the greater the threat to that sub-population. Barring extraordinary power in minority hands, that is the statistically certain outcome: oblivion - the end of their genetic line, so to speak. And that is why we need either a meteor of appropriate size to hit the planet, aliens to land in my front pasture for a meet-and-greet, for Jesus to shift it and get to business as promised, or that some other cycle-break event come to pass. At this point, I don't care which because we are all of us in the hands of idiot children who are driving the race of men ever more deeply into the status of deranged lunatics.

Chieppa1
03-11-2015, 09:12 AM
End thread.

acptulsa
03-11-2015, 09:43 AM
acptulsa, I'm not sure where you're coming from here, but I assume from your tone and reprimand you're trying to insult here. I didn't dig up anything. The article is about new allegations, based on RP's January, 2015 interview with Lew Rockwell, which the mainstream media "dug up" and latched onto as further "proof" of RP's "racism." Of course, the allegations are asinine. I don't want to be "hailed" as anything, I just want to help promote liberty and help defend against attacks on liberty. Like I said, I'm new here. I didn't think I'd find "enemies" here like you, or that I had to be so sensitive about "headlines."
nice to meet you.

'New allegations' are not 'further proof'. And one of the many things we do here at Counter-Spin Central is help each other avoid being useful idiots for the powers that be. And one of the things the powers that be most love is to get us all cranked up stirring ancient pots of their crap when the issue is actually settled in the minds of the less passionate observers, because the more people defend what has already been defended the more the issue gets attention, and the more dispassionate observers think there must be something there or these people wouldn't be so pent up and active in their denials.

In other words, sometimes the wise person does let a sleeping dog lie. Even when some miscreant says the sleeping dog isn't sleeping.

Of valor, discretion is the better part. And we here will say so, when it needs to be said, and will be so impolite as to say it to anyone who needs to hear it, even if they don't want to hear it.