PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart downplays Hillary email scandal

randomname
03-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Starts at about 0:30

http://mms.tveyes.com/PlaybackPortal.aspx?SavedEditID=c4559f90-6cdd-4cf6-96aa-b73b276a1330

Slave Mentality
03-05-2015, 05:45 AM
He is a left wing shill. No surprise here.

CaptUSA
03-05-2015, 06:24 AM
This "scandal" is going to go away very very fast. Regardless of the merits, this will gain even less traction than Benghazi.

PRB
03-05-2015, 07:22 AM
He is a left wing shill. No surprise here.

give him credit for ripping Bibi NetanYahoo to shreds

jmdrake
03-05-2015, 07:35 AM
give him credit for ripping Bibi NetanYahoo to shreds

Why? He's simply playing his paid roll. And of course Stewart would minimize anything against Hillary. He minimized Benghazi and Fast and Furious.

PRB
03-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Why? He's simply playing his paid roll. And of course Stewart would minimize anything against Hillary. He minimized Benghazi and Fast and Furious.

are you suggesting that his criticism on Israel isn't big enough to matter? or that his bosses want him to attack Israel, albeit for different agenda? or that he's only paid to oppose the Republican party regardless of what's right?

Mr.NoSmile
03-05-2015, 08:26 AM
This "scandal" is going to go away very very fast.

It really will. I highly doubt Clinton is the first politician to do this, anyway. Not some massive deal.

buck000
03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
It really will. I highly doubt Clinton is the first politician to do this, anyway. Not some massive deal.

There was a recent NPR report (http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=390757750) that had someone who said this is the first time a government official had exclusively used a private email address, instead of having one and also having a .gov addy.

I've seen Hillarpologists out saying she's no worse than other folks who've done this.

But what's with her having her own email server (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/03/hillary-clinton-ran-private-e-mail-system-while-us-secretary-of-state/)?

I don't trust her much, so I figure she's omitting some juicy tidbits.

I'm more concerned about whether she truly pressed for war in Libya while, ironically, the DoD didn't advise that, and went around her in negotations with Qaddafi et al...?

jmdrake
03-05-2015, 10:09 AM
are you suggesting that his criticism on Israel isn't big enough to matter? or that his bosses want him to attack Israel, albeit for different agenda? or that he's only paid to oppose the Republican party regardless of what's right?

I'm suggesting that he's playing his part in the false left right paradigm which means 1/3 of the time he's good on attacking right wing evil/stupidity, 1/3 of the time he's bad for placating left wing evil/stupidity and when right and left agree he's a tossup. No different from Keith Olberman or Rachel Madcow. He totally lost me when he attacked Rand for Rand pointing out that nuisance laws are part of the problem when it comes to police brutality.

Mr.NoSmile
03-05-2015, 10:23 AM
There was a recent NPR report (http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=390757750) that had someone who said this is the first time a government official had exclusively used a private email address, instead of having one and also having a .gov addy.

I've seen Hillarpologists out saying she's no worse than other folks who've done this.

But what's with her having her own email server (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/03/hillary-clinton-ran-private-e-mail-system-while-us-secretary-of-state/)?

I don't trust her much, so I figure she's omitting some juicy tidbits.

I'm more concerned about whether she truly pressed for war in Libya while, ironically, the DoD didn't advise that, and went around her in negotations with Qaddafi et al...?

Sort of, yes. The report mentions that Clinton solely used a private network, but not that she's the first since it also mentions Colin Powell "had used a private account and from time to time during my tenure - 13 years as director of litigation at the Archives - there would be on occasion a report that some employee used a private email account."

buck000
03-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Sort of, yes. The report mentions that Clinton solely used a private network, but not that she's the first since it also mentions Colin Powell "had used a private account and from time to time during my tenure - 13 years as director of litigation at the Archives - there would be on occasion a report that some employee used a private email account."

Right, but right after that the same director says, "However, this is unprecedented for a cabinet official to solely use a private network during the entirety of their time in office without ever having an official account."

Hey, as long as she can provide all emails from that server and convince me that they are in fact all the emails, no problemo. I'll go over there now and hold my breath waiting for that to happen. ;)

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Stewart doesn't have much time left on The Daily Show. Now he can just give in to all of his leftist urges, and forget about pretending to be "fair and balanced".

Valli6
03-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Does anyone else worry that Brian Williams is going to take over as the host after Jon Stewart leaves?

PRB
03-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Does anyone else worry that Brian Williams is going to take over as the host after Jon Stewart leaves?

no, only if the other way around.

buck000
03-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Stewart doesn't have much time left on The Daily Show. Now he can just give in to all of his leftist urges, and forget about pretending to be "fair and balanced".

Or he can just hang with his fellow, what, 1/10 of 1%ers... ;) He's worth at least 50 million, and gets 25-30 million per year. The top 1% earnings start at 380,000 or so.

Full disclosure: I really enjoy Jon Stewart, and don't begrudge him a penny of his earnings. I just wish he'd spent more time exposing idiot leftists as well and as often as he did idiot right-wingers....

Stratovarious
03-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Stewart says some really intelligent things and some really far out stupid things, this is easily one of his dumbest ever comments.
Hillary should be in jail for conducting official business through her personal email accounts, but I bet she hands over each and every
official business email, not counting the thousands that would have her in prison.

Stratovarious
03-05-2015, 05:43 PM

Not me , he's in line to be Obama's new press secretary.