PDA

View Full Version : Obama unveils plan to start federalizing state and local police

devil21
03-04-2015, 09:35 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/02/obama-unveils-national-obamalaw-plan

President Barack Obama today introduced his plan for a progressive takeover of state and local policing.

“We have a great opportunity… to really transform how we think about community law enforcement relations,” he said Monday.

“We need to seize that opportunity… this is something that I’m going to stay very focused on in the months to come,” Obama said, as he touted a new interim report from his Task Force on 21st Century Policing.

Obama also instructed his media allies to help federalize policing, and to sideline the critics of centralized policing rules. “I expect our friends in the media to really focus on what’s in this report and pay attention to it,” he instructed.

State and local policing may need to be subordinated to federal social policy, Obama suggested. “Our approach to our drug laws, for example, and criminalization of nonviolent offenses rather than taking more of a public health approach — that may be something that has an impact in eroding trust between law enforcement and communities.”

Very slick there, using the unpopular war on some drugs as cover to further subvert state's rights.

TheTexan
03-04-2015, 09:38 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/02/obama-unveils-national-obamalaw-plan

Very slick there, using the unpopular war on some drugs as cover to further subvert state's rights.

Haha. State's rights.

Slave Mentality
03-04-2015, 10:30 PM
"We need a domestic police force that matches the military blah blah", or something along those lines. Can you imagine that one coming to fruition? No you can't. We are living in Mayberry right now Citizens.

The Gold Standard
03-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Just imagine Officer Friendly and the boys rolling up in their M1 Abrams. They can just fire a 105mm through the door instead of using a battering ram. No officers need be in harms way. Keep the drugs off the streets and they get to go home to their families at the end of the day. How could anyone oppose this?

BV2
03-04-2015, 11:13 PM
"We need a domestic police force that matches the military blah blah", or something along those lines. Can you imagine that one coming to fruition? No you can't. We are living in Mayberry right now Citizens.

Militia? The phrasing is actually very insidious, because it effectively coopts the spirit of the second amendment.

paleocon1
03-05-2015, 08:26 AM
The lesson in learned helplessness to the American People from the 2014 election IS- 'see you think you gave control of law making to my opponents in that 'election'. WRONG I AM THE LAW!!!!! Resistance is futile'

and barry is absolutely right! Resistance based on playing by the rules of normal politics is futile.

pcosmar
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Obama unveils plan to start federalizing state and local police

LOL @ "Start"

:(

NoOneButPaul
03-05-2015, 03:07 PM
It's times like this I wonder if Ron regrets not helping Romney win. Sure he was just as much of a crook but could you see him doing something this insane?

Slave Mentality
03-05-2015, 03:11 PM
It's times like this I wonder if Ron regrets not helping Romney win. Sure he was just as much of a crook but could you see him doing something this insane?

Yes I think Romney would do the exact same thing. It doesn't matter what letter is behind the name.

The Gold Standard
03-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Are you kidding? Romney would have done it sooner. He probably would have already established a Department of Law Enforcement and issued cops their new federal uniforms.

CPUd
03-05-2015, 03:38 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/03/02/remarks-president-after-meeting-task-force-21st-century-policing

devil21
03-05-2015, 04:25 PM
LOL @ "Start"

Yeah, I was torn on the thread title but it is the first publicly published plan that I'm aware of.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes.

VIDEODROME
03-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Barry needs to go golf for the rest of his term and stop trying to fuck up everything he can get his hands on.

JK/SEA
03-05-2015, 04:43 PM

we'd be in the middle of ww3 by now. A federalized police force would be the least of our worries...

Stratovarious
03-05-2015, 05:28 PM
“We have a great opportunity… to really transform how we think about community law enforcement relations,” he said Monday.

Why does this Muslim Terrorist in the White House sound so much like Eric Holder :

"... brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way.” ERIC HOLDER miscreant gun grabber

Stratovarious
03-05-2015, 05:32 PM

Romney is only very marginally better than the racist we have now, not by much though, in some ways worse.
Probably his only redeeming quality would be that he is not obviously a racist, and not Muslim like Obama.

devil21
03-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Some more info on this formal initiative to federalize local police. If you live in or near Ft. Worth, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, Stockton, Birmingham or Gary, Indiana, be on the lookout for anything unusual.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/03/birmingham_1_of_6_pilot_sites.html

CPUd
03-15-2015, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoiJRKwiC1Y

JohnGalt1225
03-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Growing up I always wanted to be a cop. I no longer be a cop anymore. It no longer stands for enforcing laws and protecting rights, the politicians have made police officers into soldiers.

Anti Federalist
03-15-2015, 11:30 PM

Ron, (or the official campaign) did help Romney win, the nomination at least.

And yes, I could see this as having already been done in a Romney administration.

If there is one thing that "mainstream" GOP'ers dote on is some soldier sniffin', cop lovin', "law and order".

RJB
03-16-2015, 12:09 AM
We could call them the Federales like they do south of us. If we're becoming a banana republic, we might as well drop ay pretenses.

Weston White
03-16-2015, 02:56 AM
We have a great opportunity, coming out of some great conflict and tragedy, to really transform how we think about community law enforcement relations so that everybody feels safer and our law enforcement officers feel, rather than being embattled, feel fully supported.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

— Rahm Emanuel

Order Out of Chaos—Ordo Ab Chao

Mani
03-16-2015, 03:49 AM

Ron, (or the official campaign) did help Romney win, the nomination at least.

And yes, I could see this as having already been done in a Romney administration.

If there is one thing that "mainstream" GOP'ers dote on is some soldier sniffin', cop lovin', "law and order".

Agreed. Absolutely positively 100% think Romney would have been doing something like this. He'd be fighting the war on drugs even MOAR harder! He'd be working harder against the legalization movement, I doubt it would have even got this far. MOAR empire building! MOAR war on drugs! MOAR bombing enemies! Only difference between the two is I don't think Romney would have waited so long.

tod evans
03-16-2015, 04:17 AM
Obama also instructed his media allies to help federalize policing, and to sideline the critics of centralized policing rules. “I expect our friends in the media to really focus on what’s in this report and pay attention to it,” he instructed.

Right out there in the open! :eek:

Propaganda 101

DamianTV
03-16-2015, 05:15 AM

Propaganda 101

This is what our plans are, and its no big deal!

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Why, one might ask, would there be a need for a federalized police force? The answer is in the history of policing in the U.S.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?469181-The-History-of-Policing-in-the-United-States

acptulsa
03-16-2015, 07:22 AM
LOL @ "Start"

This.

In a New York minute. Or faster. I'll never underestimate Romney's ability to do insane things.

Barry needs to go golf for the rest of his term and stop trying to fuck up everything he can get his hands on.

Just doin' his job.

We could call them the Federales like they do south of us. If we're becoming a banana republic, we might as well drop ay pretenses.

Posse comitatus be as damned as habeus corpus. They just get in the way of filling the gulags.

Propaganda 101

It's past time we made Miriam Carey just as famous as a certain Missouri kid named Brown. Let people think about what an improvement federales really are.

pcosmar
03-16-2015, 07:24 AM

Ron's Official Campaign DID help Romney.. and yes,, I can see him doing this and worse.

RomneyCare and War with Iran.

Things would have gone to shit faster..

RJB
03-16-2015, 08:02 AM

WTH did they hyper link banana republic? I was making a political statement. Instead it looks like I'm shilling for some yuppie store.

Intoxiklown
03-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I live only a couple of hours south of Birmingham. Have there been any details released about what this entails, exactly? How much power are local police (if any) giving up to federal forces? So far this is a "scare the shit out of you" report. Where can I find actual goals?

Stratovarious
03-16-2015, 04:38 PM
I live only a couple of hours south of Birmingham. Have there been any details released about what this entails, exactly? How much power are local police (if any) giving up to federal forces? So far this is a "scare the shit out of you" report. Where can I find actual goals?

I'm sorry I can't repond with an answer for you, but you can promise you this:

You can keep your doctor.
You can keep your current health plan.
You're premiums will not go up.
More people will be insured.

And likt the FCC, it will be wrapped in a warm fuzzy good for everyone pkg, until we find out what
it is really all about : FEDERALIZATION, and the removal of FREEDOM as we know it.

, ,

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 04:46 PM
So much for the state police coming to the rescue when a state passes nullification legislation. So who ya gonna call on to protect your rights now?

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-16-2015, 04:53 PM
I don't see the problem here; this is what happens when white cops can't be trusted to not brutalize the kind, gentle, innocent blacks that make up every ghetto in the racist country that is the US. I mean, there's an epidemic of white on black violence, and we ned the government to stop the savage treatment that minorities receive. Look at how many more blacks are arrested than whites! There's only one single possible reason for that: racism! Nothing else can possibly explain it!

Zippyjuan
03-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Some highlights from the report:

Number one, I think uniformly, the task force talked about the issue of legitimacy as being important not just for the communities, but also for law enforcement officers; that the more there is trust between communities and law enforcement, the safer it is for cops, the more effectively they can do their jobs, the more cooperation there’s going to be, the more likely those communities are to be safe.

Number two, there was a great emphasis on the need to collect more data. Across this country, we've got 18,000 law enforcement jurisdictions. Right now, we do not have a good sense, and local communities do not have a good sense, of how frequently there may be interactions with police and community members that result in a death, result in a shooting. That's the kind of information that is needed for police departments to do their job, to be able to manage their forces effectively, and for communities to be able to evaluate and provide appropriate oversight to the folks who are supposed to be serving and protecting them

There are going to be some controversial recommendations in here. For example, the need for independent investigations and independent special prosecutors (inaudible) a situation in which law enforcement has interacted with an individual that results in death.

Instead of the local DA and police taking care of investigating their own.

And then there’s some discussions of technology. There’s been a lot of talk about body cameras as a silver bullet or a solution. I think the task force concluded that there is a role for technology to play in building additional trust and accountability, but it's not a panacea, and that it has to be embedded in a broader change in culture and a legal framework that ensures that people’s privacy is respected and that not only police officers but the community themselves feel comfortable with how technologies are being used.

There’s some additional recommendations that are very specific. For example, how law enforcement handles mass demonstrations. I think there was a lot of concern that bubbled up in the wake of Ferguson. The federal government has already taken it upon itself to look at how we are dealing with providing military equipment to local law enforcement and how that may be used.

Second thoughts about militarization of police?

There was some discussion within the report about how we have to look at the broader context in which law enforcement is happening. Our approach to our drug laws, for example, and criminalization of nonviolent offenses rather than taking more of a public health approach -- that may be something that has an impact in eroding trust between law enforcement and communities. Broader issues of poverty and isolation may have an impact.

Seems to favor easing of drug laws here.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/03/02/remarks-president-after-meeting-task-force-21st-century-policing

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I don't see the problem here; this is what happens when white cops can't be trusted to not brutalize the kind, gentle, innocent blacks that make up every ghetto in the racist country that is the US. I mean, there's an epidemic of white on black violence, and we ned the government to stop the savage treatment that minorities receive. Look at how many more blacks are arrested than whites! There's only one single possible reason for that: racism! Nothing else can possibly explain it!

Agitate much? I'm sure you would be all in for the fusion of the Schutzstaffel and the Sicherheitsdienst with the local police forces. This was surely a shining time in mankind's history. If it just wasn't for those meddling children.

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Number two, there was a great emphasis on the need to collect more data. Across this country, we've got 18,000 law enforcement jurisdictions. Right now, we do not have a good sense, and local communities do not have a good sense, of how frequently there may be interactions with police and community members that result in a death, result in a shooting. That's the kind of information that is needed for police departments to do their job, to be able to manage their forces effectively, and for communities to be able to evaluate and provide appropriate oversight to the folks who are supposed to be serving and protecting them

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1226293/thumbs/o-OBAMA-LAUGHING-570.jpg?6

Zippyjuan
03-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Reporting shootings- not just cop shootings- to the FBI statistics is voluntary. The Federal government does not currently track exactly how many there are.

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Reporting shootings- not just cop shootings- to the FBI statistics is voluntary. The Federal government does not currently track exactly how many there are.

Damn they must have forgotten to regulate Section 210402 into compliance.

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Agitate much? I'm sure you would be all in for the fusion of the Schutzstaffel and the Sicherheitsdienst with the local police forces. This was surely a shining time in mankind's history. If it just wasn't for those meddling children.
Says the guy who slings Nazi accusations against someone who has never said a single positive word about any aspect of the Third Reich or any fascist government:rolleyes: I know people who have internalized progressive narratives like to think their ideological opponents are Nazis, but at least have the appearance some pretext before you go Godwin.

I was obviously being intentionally over the top, but it's really not all that dissimilar from what the proglodyte crowd has been saying

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Says the guy who slings Nazi accusations against someone who has never said a single positive word about any aspect of the Third Reich or any fascist government:rolleyes: I know people who have internalized progressive narratives like to think their ideological opponents are Nazis, but at least have the appearance some pretext before you go Godwin.

I was obviously being intentionally over the top, but it's really not all that dissimilar from what the proglodyte crowd has been saying

https://img1.etsystatic.com/025/1/6782226/il_340x270.635931441_kdyw.jpg

If you cannot see my Schutzstaffel and Sicherheitsdienst comparisons to local and state police and federal fusion then I can't help ye.

You might be a terrorist if...MIAC.

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 05:57 PM
//

Stratovarious
03-16-2015, 06:19 PM

There are a hell of a lot of White people that don't trust White cops.

It's only about racism to the extent your Muslim Lord and Master in the White House tells you so, along with Sharpton Holder et al.

They cannot properly '...totally brain wash (the people )...' if they can't keep us fighting each other over things that aren't even real.

It's the classic case of " look over there" while they steal you blind of any and all your God given rights as human beings.

Obama et al should be in prison for their attempts (some successful) to incite riots.

, ,

Stratovarious
03-16-2015, 06:26 PM

Thomas Sowell is a great syndicated columnist, read this and come back and paint me your 'big picture' that is based on Sharpton lies again.
Since you seem bent on hate for White, Thomas is Black.

The U.S. Department of Justice issued two reports last week, both growing out of the Ferguson, Missouri, shooting of Michael Brown. The first report, about “the shooting death of Michael Brown by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson” ought to be read by every American.

It says in plain English what facts have been established by an autopsy on Michael Brown’s body – by three different pathologists, including one representing the family of Michael Brown – by DNA examination of officer Darren Wilson’s gun and police vehicle, by examination of the pattern of blood stains on the street where Brown died and by a medical report on officer Wilson, from the hospital where he went for treatment.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/05/ads-07.jpg

The bottom line is that all this hard evidence, and more, show what a complete lie was behind all the stories of Michael Brown being shot in the back or being shot while raising his hands in surrender. Yet that lie was repeated, and dramatized in demonstrations and riots from coast to coast, as well as in the media and even in the halls of Congress.

The other Justice Department report, issued the same day – “Investigation of the Ferguson Police Department” – was a complete contrast. Sweeping assumptions take the place of facts, and misleading statistics are thrown around recklessly. This second report is worth reading, just to get a sense of the contrast with the first.

According to the second report, law enforcement in Ferguson has a “disparate impact” on blacks and is “motivated” by “discriminatory intent.”

“Disparate impact” statistics have for decades been used, in many different contexts, to claim that discrimination was the reason why different groups are not equally represented as employees or in desirable positions or – as in this case – in undesirable positions as people arrested or fined.

Like many other uses of “disparate impact” statistics, the Justice Department’s evidence against the Ferguson police department consists of numbers showing that the percentage of people stopped by police or fined in court is larger than the percentage of blacks in the local population.

The implicit assumption is that such statistics about particular outcomes would normally reflect the percentage of people in the population. But, no matter how plausible this might seem on the surface, it is seldom found in real life, and those who use that standard are seldom, if ever, asked to produce hard evidence that it is factually correct, as distinct from politically correct.

Blacks are far more statistically “over-represented” among basketball stars in the NBA than among people stopped by police in Ferguson. Hispanics are similarly far more “over-represented” among baseball stars than in the general population. Asian-Americans are likewise far more “over-represented” among students at leading engineering schools like M.I.T. and Cal Tech than in the population as a whole.

None of this is peculiar to the United States. You can find innumerable examples of such group disparities in countries around the world and throughout recorded history.

In 1802, for example, czarist Russia established a university in Estonia. For most of the 19th century, members of one ethnic group provided more of the students – and a majority of the professors – than any other. This was neither the local majority (Estonians) nor the national majority (Russians), but Germans.

An international study of the ethnic makeup of military forces around the world found that “militaries fall far short of mirroring, even roughly, the multi-ethnic societies” from which they come.

Even with things whose outcomes are not in human hands, “disparate impact” is common. Men are struck by lightning several times as often as women. Most of the tornadoes in the entire world occur in the middle of the United States.

Since the population of Ferguson is 67 percent black, the greatest possible “over-representation” of blacks among those stopped by police or fined by courts is 50 percent. That would not make the top 100 disparities in the United States or the top 1,000 in the world.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/sowell-dissects-holders-ferguson-report/#PEqUqcBVGuySg57Q.99

phill4paul
03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
There are a hell of a lot of White people that don't trust White cops.

http://media.giphy.com/media/DtMNbBu2KT1kY/giphy.gif

And I pronounce "White people" like Stewie pronounces "Cool Whip."

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-16-2015, 06:44 PM
https://img1.etsystatic.com/025/1/6782226/il_340x270.635931441_kdyw.jpg

If you cannot see my Schutzstaffel and Sicherheitsdienst comparisons to local and state police and federal fusion then I can't help ye.

You might be a terrorist if...MIAC.
....No, the implication was rather clear...

ThePaleoLibertarian
03-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Thomas Sowell is a great syndicated columnist, read this and come back and paint me your 'big picture' that is based on Sharpton lies again.
Since you seem bent on hate for White, Thomas is Black.

The U.S. Department of Justice issued two reports last week, both growing out of the Ferguson, Missouri, shooting of Michael Brown. The first report, about “the shooting death of Michael Brown by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson” ought to be read by every American.

It says in plain English what facts have been established by an autopsy on Michael Brown’s body – by three different pathologists, including one representing the family of Michael Brown – by DNA examination of officer Darren Wilson’s gun and police vehicle, by examination of the pattern of blood stains on the street where Brown died and by a medical report on officer Wilson, from the hospital where he went for treatment.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/05/ads-07.jpg

The bottom line is that all this hard evidence, and more, show what a complete lie was behind all the stories of Michael Brown being shot in the back or being shot while raising his hands in surrender. Yet that lie was repeated, and dramatized in demonstrations and riots from coast to coast, as well as in the media and even in the halls of Congress.

The other Justice Department report, issued the same day – “Investigation of the Ferguson Police Department” – was a complete contrast. Sweeping assumptions take the place of facts, and misleading statistics are thrown around recklessly. This second report is worth reading, just to get a sense of the contrast with the first.

According to the second report, law enforcement in Ferguson has a “disparate impact” on blacks and is “motivated” by “discriminatory intent.”

“Disparate impact” statistics have for decades been used, in many different contexts, to claim that discrimination was the reason why different groups are not equally represented as employees or in desirable positions or – as in this case – in undesirable positions as people arrested or fined.

Like many other uses of “disparate impact” statistics, the Justice Department’s evidence against the Ferguson police department consists of numbers showing that the percentage of people stopped by police or fined in court is larger than the percentage of blacks in the local population.

The implicit assumption is that such statistics about particular outcomes would normally reflect the percentage of people in the population. But, no matter how plausible this might seem on the surface, it is seldom found in real life, and those who use that standard are seldom, if ever, asked to produce hard evidence that it is factually correct, as distinct from politically correct.

Blacks are far more statistically “over-represented” among basketball stars in the NBA than among people stopped by police in Ferguson. Hispanics are similarly far more “over-represented” among baseball stars than in the general population. Asian-Americans are likewise far more “over-represented” among students at leading engineering schools like M.I.T. and Cal Tech than in the population as a whole.

None of this is peculiar to the United States. You can find innumerable examples of such group disparities in countries around the world and throughout recorded history.

In 1802, for example, czarist Russia established a university in Estonia. For most of the 19th century, members of one ethnic group provided more of the students – and a majority of the professors – than any other. This was neither the local majority (Estonians) nor the national majority (Russians), but Germans.

An international study of the ethnic makeup of military forces around the world found that “militaries fall far short of mirroring, even roughly, the multi-ethnic societies” from which they come.

Even with things whose outcomes are not in human hands, “disparate impact” is common. Men are struck by lightning several times as often as women. Most of the tornadoes in the entire world occur in the middle of the United States.

Since the population of Ferguson is 67 percent black, the greatest possible “over-representation” of blacks among those stopped by police or fined by courts is 50 percent. That would not make the top 100 disparities in the United States or the top 1,000 in the world.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/sowell-dissects-holders-ferguson-report/#PEqUqcBVGuySg57Q.99
Did you really not get the sarcasm? I know it can be hard to gauge online, but come on. Thomas Sowell is a pretty good writer overall, but race issues are a blindspot for him. Those articles you linked to are quite good, but the narratives he adheres to are a mixed bag, at best.

satchelmcqueen
03-16-2015, 07:25 PM

absolutely yes, romney would do the same. this is the same guy who said he would "ask our lawyers" before going to war.

devil21
04-30-2015, 11:00 PM
They always tell you what they're going to do. It's up to you to pick up on it though and connect the dots.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?473750-Breaking-Baltimore-Mayor-Key-Player-in-Obama%92s-Federal-Takeover-of-Local-Police

Christopher A. Brown
04-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Just imagine Officer Friendly and the boys rolling up in their M1 Abrams. They can just fire a 105mm through the door instead of using a battering ram. No officers need be in harms way. Keep the drugs off the streets and they get to go home to their families at the end of the day. How could anyone oppose this?

That's what gunny and 3rev want.

Basically everyone failing to work towards functional unity is contributing to the total takeover and related loss of rights. Empowering the infiltration further will cause an escalation of numerous problems. The police state will become robust beyond the current nightmare.

The wanna be anarchists are missing the boat. Mislead by the covert cognitive infiltrations at universities working adjacent to the state school only teaching socialism.

Christopher A. Brown
04-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Obama et al should be in prison for their attempts (some successful) to incite riots.

There are several factions working secretly within the infiltrations of government. The secrecy is more important than any of their agendas which exacerbates the competition between them.

A lawful and peaceful revolution will draw out the good officials at all levels of government. They know the infiltrations want to get rid of them, so joining the people in restoring constitutional government will assure them of an honorable job.

Otherwise they end up slave peons like the people.

But the people will have to rise to occasion to create constitutional unity for them to align with. The people have nothing to lose by trying to unify. So will, beginning slowly, not quite even knowing they are doing it at first. But unity around free speech already exists. Adding a purpose to it just brings a new dynamic. First education, then agreement, then action.

pcosmar
05-01-2015, 06:43 AM

Yes.. and more.

DamianTV
05-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Do you truly believe that Romney would not have imposed his own version of flat out fucking evil? The details may vary dramatically, but the end result is the same, less for you, more for him and his ilk.