PDA

View Full Version : And so the Propaganda Begins with O Care in Jeopardy

AuH20
03-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Manipulative, no good (you can fill in the blanks) using sick people as props .......................

Let me channel my inner prog here: WHAT ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/03/obamacare-subsidies-supreme-court_n_6784688.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-merkley/king-v-burwell-what-repub_b_6795832.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

The plaintiffs in this case, and the many Republicans in Congress who are cheering them on, want to eliminate the current tax credits that enable millions of Americans of modest means to buy health insurance.

Let's think about what those rooting for a 5-4 decision by the Supreme Court conservatives are actually hoping for.

They're hoping to cost about seven million Americans an average of $3,164 per year.

They're hoping to cause health insurance premiums for those Americans to rise by an average of 322 percent -- in other words, for cost to more than quadruple.

In short, the outcome they're hoping for means dire financial consequences for millions of middle-class families -- an outcome that, for many, could cause them to lose their health insurance entirely because it simply wouldn't be feasible for them to afford it anymore.

They ram Obamacare through unconstitutionally, wrecking an imperfect system but one that worked for the time-being, but NOW IT IS OUR FAULT if the Supremes rule the subsidies to be nonapplicable to the 37 states who opted out. You couldn't make this stuff up.

angelatc
03-05-2015, 12:41 PM
"If you repeal Obamacare, people are gonna starve!!!"

This is why nothing the liberals get through is ever repealed. They demagogue it to death.

UWDude
03-05-2015, 01:13 PM
OMG, what a clusterfuck. As if Obamacare couldn't get any worse.

Sam I am
03-05-2015, 01:21 PM
They're hoping to cost about seven million Americans an average of $3,164 per year.

Yes, First select about 1/30th of the people, and then take the average of their costs.

That's some good statistics right there.

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
The only solution to the problem of expensive and bureaucratic medical care is to open the floodgates to cash-basis, competitive medical care.

And there is not a single person in the establishment or the Wall St/Insurance/Medical complex that wants that.

nobody's_hero
03-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I hope the whole fucking thing collapses and no one gets any healthcare at all.

—And I'm a nurse. Honestly I hate it more and more every day. Working in the ER, you will on RARE occasions see someone come in with no means to pay who is honest-to-God sick or injured and is very thankful for help they receive, and they'll actually listen to your discharge instructions so they don't immediately get sick again and have to come back in 2 weeks. Most of the time you see those patients once and they don't come back. Those are the ones you help and go home at the end of the shift and feel good about your job.

And the other 95% of non-paying patients are there every other week playing angry words with friends on their I-Phone 3000's while you're trying to ask them what's wrong, and can't put even $20 towards the bill for one of their 5 sick welfare checks, er, um, I mean children. Those are the people who drain the spirit of caring from your soul, make you feel used, and make you regret ever stepping foot into the medical field.

Let it fucking collapse. My give-a-damn is broken.

UWDude
03-05-2015, 04:44 PM

—And I'm a nurse. Honestly I hate it more and more every day. Working in the ER, you will on RARE occasions see someone come in with no means to pay who is honest-to-God sick or injured and is very thankful for help they receive, and they'll actually listen to your discharge instructions so they don't immediately get sick again and have to come back in 2 weeks. Most of the time you see those patients once and they don't come back. Those are the ones you help and go home at the end of the shift and feel good about your job.

And the other 95% of non-paying patients are there every other week playing angry words with friends on their I-Phone 3000's while you're trying to ask them what's wrong, and can't put even $20 towards the bill for one of their 5 sick welfare checks, er, um, I mean children. Those are the people who drain the spirit of caring from your soul, make you feel used, and make you regret ever stepping foot into the medical field.

I feel the same way. Because I haven't seen a doctor in 14 years. I can't believe how often some of my co-workers go to the doctor... ..nor can I believe how badly so many people abuse their bodies with excess medications and total shit food and lack of exercise.

AuH20
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM

Sometimes you wonder if natural selection should just run it's cruel course for people like that, who ultimately ruin it for the people who are genuinely dependent on the help. At some point, subsidizing ignorance and sloth has to backfire on society? Right?

thoughtomator
03-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Obamacare institutionalizes the unsustainable bubble pricing that immediately preceded it, rendering the program inherently unstable and cementing the injustice of outrageous health care costs.

Chester Copperpot
03-05-2015, 05:09 PM
this case was supposed to be heard yesterday???? what happened?

AuH20
03-05-2015, 05:20 PM
An informative read if you have the chance.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/opinion/atlas-obamacare-poor-middle-class/

To be sure, the law's implementation is progressing, but there is no cause for celebration. It is indeed true that millions of Americans are now newly enrolled into health insurance, but it is disingenuous to tout this as a great success. An estimated 71% of the new insurance arises through Medicaid, using 2014 calculations based on analysis by Haislmaier and Gonshorowski of data from the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare.

The harsh reality awaiting these low-income Americans is undeniable: according to 2013 data from a 2014 Merritt Hawkins study, 55% of doctors already refuse new Medicaid patients. According to the HSC Health Tracking Physician Survey, 2008, the percentage of doctors that refuse new Medicaid patients dwarf by about 8 to 10 times the percentage that refuses new private insurance patients.

Such "insurance" from Obamacare not only fails to provide access to doctors, but research in the top medical journals such as Cancer, American Journal of Cardiology, Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation and Annals of Surgery, show that Medicaid beneficiaries suffer worse outcomes than similar patients with private insurance ... all at an added cost of another $800 billion by CBO estimates to taxpayers after the decade.

It is not hyperbole to call Medicaid a disgrace at its annual cost of about $450 billion, and expanding it rather than helping poor people buy private insurance is simply inexplicable.

AuH20
03-05-2015, 05:24 PM
this case was supposed to be heard yesterday???? what happened?

Oral arguments were completed with the court's 4 so-called liberal judges being overly antagonistic. An official ruling is due in June.

Brian4Liberty
03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
It is not hyperbole to call Medicaid a disgrace at its annual cost of about $450 billion, and expanding it rather than helping poor people buy private insurance is simply inexplicable.

Helping poor people to buy insurance is simply inexplicable.

Stratovarious
03-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Paraphrase: " ....to mandate it would make people that can't afford it worse off (through fines) than they were before, Hilary and I have
vast differences regarding health care...."

Hahahahaha...YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR !!!!!

AuH20
03-05-2015, 08:03 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/132319/large/RTR4S23G.jpg?1425490888

PRB
03-06-2015, 01:36 AM
"If you repeal Obamacare, people are gonna starve!!!"

This is why nothing the liberals get through is ever repealed. They demagogue it to death.

if people and Republicans buy it and are unable to fight back, who else do you blame?

nobody's_hero
03-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Sometimes you wonder if natural selection should just run it's cruel course for people like that, who ultimately ruin it for the people who are genuinely dependent on the help. At some point, subsidizing ignorance and sloth has to backfire on society? Right?

Oh I've thought about it. It's incredibly morbid but the sense of entitlement our society possesses today can only be curtailed by a humbling dose of 'fuck you, fend for yourself.' Maybe then people will snap out of this notion that anyone owes them anything just for breathing. Maybe when 'help' is no longer mandatory as it is with our healthcare system, people will remember that having someone give a shit about you is a gift—not a right.

angelatc
03-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Wapo http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-supreme-court-cannot-hide/2015/03/04/f39883d8-c2af-11e4-ad5c-3b8ce89f1b89_story.html

The nation’s social fabric will be torn apart. Social upheaval. No place to hide from what follows.

cindy25
03-06-2015, 05:03 AM
congress could easily pass a safe-harmless provision, where one would have the choice to participate in Obamacare or not. once you choose, that's it. it could sunset in 5-10 years.