PDA

View Full Version : Feds fight 'maternity tourism' with raids on California 'maternity hotels'

rpfocus
03-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Finally some common sense. Now if only we can get that 14th Amendment changed...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/03/us/maternity-tourism-raids-california/index.html

Excerpt:

Los Angeles (CNN)Federal agents on Tuesday raided more than three dozen "maternity hotels" in Southern California where foreign women give birth, allegedly for the sole purpose of having a U.S.-citizen baby, authorities said.

The "maternity tourism" sites included apartment complexes in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties where authorities believe the businesses housed the foreign nationals about to give birth, federal officials said.

Those targeted residences are believed to have catered largely to women from China, who paid $15,000 to $50,000 for lodging, transportation and food, according to a statement by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Those fees don't necessarily include medical care, authorities said.

alucard13mm
03-03-2015, 08:14 PM
There is a maternity house about 5 miles from my location in a middle-upper neighborhood/suburbs. There were about 11 chinese and taiwanese women there were are there to give birth lol.

I agree that the 14th amendment should be changed. This would solve a lot of these issues with illegal immigrants + anchor babies. In hong kong, as I said previously, has similar problem. Mainland chinese going to Hong Kong to give birth to get Hong Kong perks/welfare/housing etc etc.

Lord Xar
03-04-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm confused about this.. the mexicans, mostly, have been doing this for over a decade in the tens of thousands....... and some chinese do it, and its a problem? I'm confused.

kpitcher
03-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Are they legal visitors? Unless they snuck in or stayed past their visa what's illegal with this? Seems like something that should be asked on arrival to the country - 'Will you give birth during your visit?'

It looks like the problem is with the operators of these being ran as a business / hotel without being zoned for one, or filing all the paperwork.

rpfocus
03-04-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm confused about this.. the mexicans, mostly, have been doing this for over a decade in the tens of thousands....... and some chinese do it, and its a problem? I'm confused.

It's definitely a problem, regardless of which nationality is doing the spawning. The problem is the 14th Amendment.

rpfocus
03-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Unless they snuck in or stayed past their visa what's illegal with this?

"Authorities are looking for evidence of bringing in and harboring of undocumented visitors; conspiracy, fraud and misuse of visas and permits; tax evasion and false tax returns; and willful failure to file report of foreign bank and financial accounts, court papers said."

So no, coming here for the express purpose of spawning for citizenship is not illegal. Democrat and Republicans "leadership" has failed for decades. Neither party has an interest is changing the status quo, as they both benefit.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Seems like there are two options discussed.

Pay for the welfare programs that immigrants are using.

Pay for Congress to come together and enact a law that ostensibly would prevent misuse of said programs.

Why is 'not pay for any of it' not discussed?

You think they are stealing money with their welfare scams and tricks, wait until the pensions for the couple tens of millions of state and federal employees start kicking in.

mrsat_98
03-04-2015, 04:28 PM
It's definitely a problem, regardless of which nationality is doing the spawning. The problem is the 14th Amendment.

Actually it is the retards that don't understand what "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" means.

Stratovarious
03-04-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm not so sure I wan to see the 14th amendment changed, but isn't it dangerous for prego Chinese to visit the US, it's a long flight ..... ?

rpfocus
03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
More shenanigans:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/11/us/california-schools-pay-to-stay-scheme-korean-chinese-students/index.html

Excerpt:

Los Angeles (CNN)Three area residents were arrested and charged Wednesday for allegedly operating four Southern California schools for Korean and Chinese students who never attended classes and lived in other states on student visas in a "pay-to-stay" scheme.

The three educators collected as much as $6 million in annual tuition from an enrollment of about 1,500 foreign students who were largely from South Korea and China, said federal prosecutors.

The arrests came after a federal grand jury indicted the three defendants Tuesday on charges of conspiracy to commit immigration fraud, money laundering and other immigration offenses.

PRB
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM

No, there's nothing illegal about coming here to anchor your baby, they're only raiding the businesses for

1. operating without license
2. acting as childcare without license
3. operating commercial in residential
4. tax evasion
5. money laundering
6. teaching how to lie on visa application (only this one has to do with immigrants)

the mothers are largely off the hook.

PRB
03-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Are they legal visitors? Unless they snuck in or stayed past their visa what's illegal with this? Seems like something that should be asked on arrival to the country - 'Will you give birth during your visit?'

It looks like the problem is with the operators of these being ran as a business / hotel without being zoned for one, or filing all the paperwork.

the visitors violated no law, it's the business operators they did.