PDA

View Full Version : White House: Obama is “very interested” in raising taxes by executive order

Suzanimal
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Speaking to reporters on Monday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest suggested that President Obama is considering raising taxes unilaterally. Townhall reports (emphasis added):

“The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans,” Earnest said in response to a question about Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) calling on Obama to raise more than $100 billion in taxes through IRS executive action.

“Now I don’t want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of,” Earnest continued. “But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally,” Earnest finished.

Let’s just hope that the President is simply getting a little too into the third season of House of Cards and will slow down on the whole bypassing Congress thing once he finishes his binge watch.

Read more at http://rare.us/story/white-house-obama-is-very-interested-in-raising-taxes-by-executive-order/#O6B6UJF7BX0KrbaE.99

Anti Federalist
03-03-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't know why anybody is upset over this.

We're regulated and taxed by fiat, by internal and foreign government edicts, every single day.

No one cares or gives a shit.

Pericles
03-03-2015, 12:27 PM

We're regulated and taxed by fiat, by internal and foreign government edicts, every single day.

Having a dictator is so much more efficient.

Ronin Truth
03-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Barry may have taught CONstitutional law, but does that mean that he has ever actually read it, for comprehension?

DamianTV
03-03-2015, 03:22 PM
The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of Tyranny.

- James Madison

Is that not the very essence of what we have today?

idiom
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
What are you gonna do about it?

jbauer
03-04-2015, 08:30 AM
First you take their bullets, then you raise their taxes. Amerkia

oyarde
03-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Not pay any increases of course .Same as I have been doing .I do have to spend two hours a yr totaling everything up to ensure it is ": legal".

Acala
03-04-2015, 09:51 AM
This is how Mitt Romney raised revenue when he was governor of Massachusetts. Don't raise the tax rates, because those are set by the legislature, but instead goose the enforcement and tighten the interpreting regs because those are under control of the executive. The result is the same - more money taken from the people and put into the hands of government. But it allows Mitt to claim that he balanced the budget without raising taxes. Obama has learned so much from Mitt.

AuH20
03-04-2015, 09:58 AM
The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of Tyranny.

- James Madison

Is that not the very essence of what we have today?

That Madison was just some deluded old white guy with no appreciation for the future needs of our collective society. :)

AuH20
03-04-2015, 10:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yo5HZuDxjY

jllundqu
03-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Is it time yet?

brushfire
03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
The whitehouse wants to raise taxes, while tax payers should want to raze the whitehouse.

jmdrake
03-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Barry may have taught CONstitutional law, but does that mean that he has ever actually read it, for comprehension?

Sure. He comprehends full well how to get around it. The courts aren't going to do their jobs. They will it back and say "It's a political matter. Let congress handle it." The GOP is one step removed from worthless and even if they weren't they don't have a veto proof majority, or an impeachment capable majority, in the senate. If they tried to impeach Obama over an act like that they might rally the American people behind them and force Obama to back down. But..I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

The Gold Standard
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM

I hope he does it. It's about time we put an end to this charade. Call it what it is. Cancel any further elections. Let Boobus stew in what they have brought on us.