PDA

View Full Version : GOP Straw Poll site.....removing paul votes

Highstreet
12-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Here's the scoop:

Check out the GOP Straw Polls latest results: h ttp://www.gopstrawpolls.com/pollresults.php

Notice that Ron Paul isn't anywhere to be seen. Now check out the results as seen in archive.org on August 25:

h ttp://web.archive.org/web/20070825151027/http://www.gopstrawpolls.com/pollresults.php

As you can see, Ron Paul blew everyone away, so they simply removed all those ballots from the system.

===============

WilliamC
12-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Greetings All,

I really do worry that, even if Ron Paul wins enough primaries to get the nomination, the Republican party would rather give the nomination to someone they know will maintain the status quo. Even if it means the GOP becomes fractured and the 2008 elections go heavily to Democrats. My question is there any LEGAL reason the GOP MUST give the nomination to Ron Paul even if he wins enough primaries to warrent it? Since it is a "private" political party I don't think so and that they can make up whatever rules they want, but I don't know.

William C Colley

dante
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
If Ron Paul walks into the convention with an absolute majority of the delegates he will win the nomination. If he walks in merely with more than everyone else but fewer that 50.1% the GOP will gang up against him.

nist7
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Greetings All,

I really do worry that, even if Ron Paul wins enough primaries to get the nomination, the Republican party would rather give the nomination to someone they know will maintain the status quo. Even if it means the GOP becomes fractured and the 2008 elections go heavily to Democrats. My question is there any LEGAL reason the GOP MUST give the nomination to Ron Paul even if he wins enough primaries to warrent it? Since it is a "private" political party I don't think so and that they can make up whatever rules they want, but I don't know.

William C Colley

When we go to vote on primary/caucus/etc. days, we are basically voting to send delegates who will vote for our guy at the national convention. This is why it is VERY important that as many of us try to become delegates! See sticky thread at top of forum: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27066

The winner of the primaries does not neccessarily get the party's nomination. But it is usually the case because the most popular nominee will get the most number of delegates at the convention.

At the national convention, the 2000+ delegates will vote on who they want as their presidential candidate. So if we get enough votes the first time around, (>50%) and it is legit I don't see how they can turn it around and give it to someone else. otherwise, this wouuld be a direct assault on the democratic system and IF they do this they have no chance in hell of winning the presidential election. It will be a landslide for the democrats if that happens.

On the other hand, if no candidate gets a majority (>50%) of the delegate vote at the national convention....then they have to do another voting. This time, the delegates can "vote their conscience." meaning they do not have to vote for the guy they are representing. So Giuliani guys can vote for RP or RP guys can vote for Giuliani. I'm not sure if this has ever happened. But it will be very interesting to see.