PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lee's full 2015 CPAC speech

William Tell
02-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Mike Lee details the sort of candidate he is looking for, and believes the base should demand. He also mentions letters of marque and reprisal as his favorite power. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChVRdMmMuBI

Matt Collins
02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
I wonder who he could be talking about?

TaftFan
02-26-2015, 10:19 PM
I wonder who he could be talking about?

I haven't watched it yet, but he has to be support Paul, Cruz, or both in general.

francisco
02-26-2015, 10:55 PM
I haven't watched it yet, but he has to be support Paul, Cruz, or both in general.

I have a feeling that he's going to go for Walker. He mentioned that the "ideal" candidate will have won elections (using the plural case) and then have proven their bona fides afterwards. Both Rand and Cruz have only been elected once.

NativeOne
02-27-2015, 12:37 PM

"..Principled , pausing, and proven..".

Can only be one candidate .. Rand Paul.

cruz can't run because he is NOT an "Natural Born" citizen of the United States.

At minimum both parents are to be American citizens at the time of your birth, in order to qualify.
Plus the fact of not being born on American soil, whether an American military base, or embassy.

cruz doesn't fit any of that eligibility to even be on the list of candidates ..

cruz is a good congressman and needs to know that, however he is not American Presidential material.
He could run in canada but NOT here ..

He is being used as an advertisement piece for latino's in the media ONLY.
The latino flavor of the month~ My2Cents

randomname
02-27-2015, 12:51 PM
cruz can't run because he is NOT an "Natural Born" citizen of the United States.

At minimum both parents are to be American citizens at the time of your birth, in order to qualify.
Plus the fact of not being born on American soil, whether an American military base, or embassy.

cruz doesn't fit any of that eligibility to even be on the list of candidates ..

cruz is a good congressman and needs to know that, however he is not American Presidential material.

Just because we want that to be true doesn't make it true. Even if he "can't" run, he still may, because screw it, rules only apply to little people!

TaftFan
02-27-2015, 01:26 PM
"..Principled , pausing, and proven..".

Can only be one candidate .. Rand Paul.

He is certainly eligible by any measure...the definition of "natural born citizen" laid out in the 1790 Naturalization Act, or any number of statutes defining "citizen at birth" since.