PDA

View Full Version : Jurors saw American Sniper, then convicted Routh.

UWDude
02-25-2015, 07:24 PM
UN
FUCKING
BELIEVABLE

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-sniper-trial-jurors-movie-picked/story?id=29219190

What else is there to say!??

Why did the defense even allow them?

RJB
02-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Routh is like guilty. He killed the real life hero of the movie and talks like a *** and his shits like retarded.

ETA: All this stuff reminds me of the Idiocracy movie where entertainment, "news," and real life have no separation.

Uriel999
02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Just because you don't like the guy he killed doesn't make him any less guilty of murder. Having the jury watch the movie is retarded, but I believe he was properly sentenced.

PRB
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
UN
FUCKING
BELIEVABLE

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-sniper-trial-jurors-movie-picked/story?id=29219190

What else is there to say!??

Why did the defense even allow them?

Good question, if your defense lawyer doesn't bump them, who do you blame? I know what else there is to say : there's a conspiracy to convict Routh who is clearly an insane man who shouldn't be found guilty, or a patriot who killed a cold blooded murderer, there's a dozen ways to spin this story, but none of them will be as simple as "murderer convicted of murderer, Chris Kyle's reputation is irrelevant".

phill4paul
02-26-2015, 09:18 AM
I, honestly, don't have a problem with this. If I were to have seen the movie I don't think I should have been disqualified. My view of Kyle and what he is/stood for would not have kept me from making an honest decision based on the evidence laid before me regarding Routh.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Just because you don't like the guy he killed doesn't make him any less guilty of murder. Having the jury watch the movie is retarded, but I believe he was properly sentenced.

+1

thoughtomator
02-26-2015, 11:55 AM
I, honestly, don't have a problem with this. If I were to have seen the movie I don't think I should have been disqualified. My view of Kyle and what he is/stood for would not have kept me from making an honest decision based on the evidence laid before me regarding Routh.

You don't think that a propaganda movie glorifying the deceased is prejudicial to the case? This should be a mistrial and it shouldn't even be a close call.

phill4paul
02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
You don't think that a propaganda movie glorifying the deceased is prejudicial to the case? This should be a mistrial and it shouldn't even be a close call.

Not necessarily. As I've mentioned had I watched it it wouldn't have jaded my ability to make an unbiased judgement WRT Routh. Of course I haven't watched it. So upon further examination I would have to see this clip from the film to make a judgement on how it might skew a viewers beliefs.

The film itself makes a difference too, Dimitrius said, and since an actor portraying Routh is only shown briefly at the end of the film, with no further depiction of the murder or their interaction, that likely lessened the attorneys' concern

UWDude
02-26-2015, 12:26 PM
It glorified the wife as well, who testified on the stand.

enhanced_deficit
02-26-2015, 02:16 PM

You seem to have good clarity on this issue. Do you believe end result for CK was proper or not proper?

PRB
02-26-2015, 08:46 PM

No, I don't. Because whether he was a good father or brave soldier or a sociopath, does not justify killing him. The movie wasn't about Routh.

UWDude
02-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Routh was psycho, end of story. Even Kyle said so. He should be institutionalized, not imprisoned.

pcosmar
02-26-2015, 11:10 PM
Perhaps he was crazy.. I wouldn't take Kyle's word for it.. and I am not sure media reporting is entirely accurate either.

I have no idea what went down that day that led up to the deaths.

but a half competent attorney would have a valid appeal filed before leaving the courthouse.

the jury was tainted.and if the prosecutor was not a total nitwit he would have never allowed it..

Routh was handed a guaranteed appeal.

PRB
02-26-2015, 11:25 PM
Perhaps he was crazy.. I wouldn't take Kyle's word for it.. and I am not sure media reporting is entirely accurate either.

I have no idea what went down that day that led up to the deaths.

but a half competent attorney would have a valid appeal filed before leaving the courthouse.

the jury was tainted.and if the prosecutor was not a total nitwit he would have never allowed it..

Routh was handed a guaranteed appeal.

All criminal charges can be appealed and death penalty cases have automatic appeal.

pcosmar
02-26-2015, 11:30 PM
All criminal charges can be appealed and death penalty cases have automatic appeal.

as long as there is a trial.. Plea bargains (not applicable in this case) have no appeal.

All can be appealed, but the appeal can be denied if there are no grounds. A tainted jury is good grounds for a new trial.

PRB
02-26-2015, 11:31 PM
as long as there is a trial.. Plea bargains (not applicable in this case) have no appeal.

All can be appealed, but the appeal can be denied if there are no grounds. A tainted jury is good grounds for a new trial.

Tainted jury is really a desperate last resort argument, the defense could've bumped them, and the judge could've bumped them, allowing them to serve all the way and then cry foul is a bit childish to say the least.

pcosmar
02-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Tainted jury is really a desperate last resort argument, the defense could've bumped them, and the judge could've bumped them, allowing them to serve all the way and then cry foul is a bit childish to say the least.

The fact that they were exposed to the blatant propaganda of that film leaves no doubt that they were tainted.
That it was allowed would prove incompetent legal counsel. (also valid grounds for appeal)

Though in Honesty,, I have no confidence in the corrupt legal system,, nor in the fictitious creature known as a "good lawyer".

If this unicorn exists,, I would like to meet it.

UWDude
02-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Yeap. PRB is right in a way, the system is so corrupt, they will do with him as they wish. Maybe even "execute" and resurrect. He did his big hit, now he gets to relax for ten years, until called upon again.

UWDude
02-27-2015, 12:42 AM

Could be a set up for a PTSD court case that the Pentagon wants. Who knows right now. But nothing makes sense. I am sorry, no other jury would have been allowed to have members who had watched a full length feature film, "based on actual events," (but still fictitious, mind you), about the victim. I wonder if the Pentagon got threatened by Kyle's little merc group getting in on their game, or if they stepped on some toes.

None of this really makes sense.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-27-2015, 05:06 PM

PRB
02-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Yeap. PRB is right in a way, the system is so corrupt, they will do with him as they wish. Maybe even "execute" and resurrect. He did his big hit, now he gets to relax for ten years, until called upon again.

like the Expendables or Manchurian Candidate?

UWDude
02-27-2015, 11:45 PM
like the Expendables or Manchurian Candidate?

There was a man released from an Israeli prison, about 8 years ago. He had served 20 years or so for revealing Israel had nuclear weapons, 23 hours a day inside and alone. Israel was apparently really mad.

I couldn't help but notice his deep, bronze tan, and wondered, how did he get such a deep tan when supposedly he was locked up 23 hours a day? And was Israel really that mad that someone inside revealed they had nuclear weapons?

I've never seen manchurian candidate or expendables, (not into movies or tv), but yeah, probably. An agent, who every now and then has to dress up in orange and give interviews from the nearest federal prison, but otherwise lives in the witness protection agency equivalent.