PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: NSA Spying Is Hurting the US Tech Economy

DamianTV
02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/25/1850239/its-official-nsa-spying-is-hurting-the-us-tech-economy

China is backing away from U.S. tech brands for state purchases as NSA revelations, according to Reuters, which confirms what many US technology companies have been saying for the past year: the activities by the NSA are harming their businesses in crucial growth markets, including China. From the article: "A new report confirmed key brands, including Cisco, Apple, Intel, and McAfee -- among others -- have been dropped from the Chinese government's list of authorized brands, a Reuters report said Wednesday. The number of approved foreign technology brands fell by a third, based on an analysis of the procurement list. Less than half of those companies with security products remain on the list."

The USA did this to itself.

rg17
02-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Not even surprised about it.

FunkBuddha
02-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Wow! Two of my least favorite IT companies, Crisco and Crapple!

Origanalist
02-26-2015, 07:35 AM
That swirling sensation, yes, it's a toilet. And we're being sucked down it. USA! USA!

The Gold Standard
02-26-2015, 08:59 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4285174/o-doyle-rules-o.gif

morfeeis
02-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of boot licking companies....

DamianTV
02-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Now it all makes sense why we have so few software development jobs around here in comparision with commission only sales clerks.

twomp
02-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Cutting at the profits of corporations is the only way we can enlist their help against the government.

brushfire
02-26-2015, 11:40 PM
FOXCONN's gotta be pi$$ed.

Glad that this is getting some negative spin, they deserve it, but who is china really hurting? Who made the sh!t they were buying? Why buy from the US anyway, when you can just clone and keep it local - minus the NSA technology. Even without the "NSA Inside", it probably makes more sense to cut out the middle man.

That is, unless some other kind of sweetheart deal went south....

Hey DaymianTV, let me sell you some of my sh!t so you can sell it back to me at a profit - sound good? Just make sure you slap one of those Johny Chimpo logos on it - oh wait, I can do that for you.