PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead: The Difference between Rand Paul and Ron Paul

Brian4Liberty
02-25-2015, 12:23 PM
The Difference between Rand Paul and Ron Paul (http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/the-difference-between-rand-paul-and-ron-paul/)
By Doug Wead

Rand Paul is the U.S. Senator from Kentucky who is favored by many to win the 2016 Republican nomination for president. He appeals to a broad range of constituents from the Tea Party to Evangelical Christians, African Americans, Gays, Independents and Democrats concerned about Civil Liberties. He has picked up the Civil Rights torch and now leads the most active effort to reform social justice. His father, Ron Paul, was a U.S. Congressman from Texas, who ran for president three times.

Here’s how they differ.

The father, congressman, Ron Paul, is a classic Libertarian. The son, Senator, Rand Paul, is a practical Libertarian.

The father believes in the personal freedom of the individual. The son recognizes that there are times when the needs of the wider community must be considered. For example, the father would allow local communities to decide for themselves about legalizing marijuana. The son agrees but openly favors laws against marijuana – for the greater good.

In foreign policy there is a big difference. Both men believe that the nation should not go to war without congressional approval. They both believe it is a mistake for Congress to forfeit war making powers to the president alone. Both men believe that the United States should not assume the role of policeman of the world. But the difference is in degrees. And it is huge. The father, Ron Paul, would prefer that American stay out of everybody else’s business. For example, he does not see Iran as a threat to American security. In an ideal world, Senator Rand Paul would agree but in a world of terrorism and nuclear weapons he sees genuine danger.
The best example of a Rand Paul foreign policy would be that of former President Ronald Reagan. For Reagan, the security of the United States was the paramount concern and thus his focus was on the Soviet Union and the threat it posed. Reagan’s wars were always proxy wars against the Soviets. For example, Reagan did not go after Cambodian leader, Pol Pot, the man who killed half of his own people in a nationwide genocide. Reagan did not go after Idi Amin, who had slaughtered hundreds of thousands in Africa and had just been driven from office when Reagan arrived in the White House. Both of these despotic leaders, left untouched by Reagan, were far more evil than Saddam Hussein.

When Reagan stuck his toe in the Middle East in 1982 and it resulted in the death of 241 marines, he withdrew our forces. He decided that it was not in America’s security interest to be involved in the intractable problems of the Middle East. How wise that seems in retrospect.

Likewise, Senator Rand Paul has refused to support the endless calls for international adventures from his colleagues in the Senate. And yet, when the ISIS threat emerged Paul had razor sharp focus. He was the first public figure to call for a declaration of war. He saw ISIS as a threat to America’s national security.
Finally, there is style. The father was a great provocateur and a born teacher. The son is a superb politician, a natural pleaser.
More: http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/the-difference-between-rand-paul-and-ron-paul/

BuddyRey
02-25-2015, 01:54 PM
The father, congressman, Ron Paul, is a classic Libertarian. The son, Senator, Rand Paul, is a practical Libertarian.

The father believes in the personal freedom of the individual. The son recognizes that there are times when the needs of the wider community must be considered. For example, the father would allow local communities to decide for themselves about legalizing marijuana. The son agrees but openly favors laws against marijuana – for the greater good.

No no no no NO!!! You CANNOT simultaneously call yourself a libertarian and advocate laws against victimless activities for the sake of an alleged "greater good." I don't care if you call yourself a practical libertarian, an idealist libertarian, or any other kind of libertarian. It simply doesn't work. Doug Wead apparently needs to pick up a dictionary and reacquaint himself with the definition of libertarianism.

"The greater good" as a concept is irreconcilable with even the most weak-tea brand of individualism or libertarianism you can point to, because it's an entirely Marxist invention. What's next...are we going to allow people who believe in gun control and progressive taxation to call themselves "libertarians" too?

The Gold Standard
02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that.

RabbitMan
02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
What's next...are we going to allow people who believe in gun control and progressive taxation to call themselves "libertarians" too?

You mean Civil Libertarians? lol :rolleyes:

ghengisconrad
02-25-2015, 02:01 PM
No no no no NO!!! You CANNOT simultaneously call yourself a libertarian and advocate laws against victimless activities for the sake of an alleged "greater good."

Perhaps what Mr.Wead means, is that the law itself is not for the "greater good"; but advocating it, in order to maintain main-stream credentials and create actual political success, is.

Cap
02-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Are we running out of coffin nails yet?

William Tell
02-25-2015, 02:10 PM
Not really impressed with this article by Doug. Its just Reagan cliches, and playing down how pro liberty Rand is.

Brett85
02-25-2015, 02:17 PM
No no no no NO!!! You CANNOT simultaneously call yourself a libertarian and advocate laws against victimless activities for the sake of an alleged "greater good." I don't care if you call yourself a practical libertarian, an idealist libertarian, or any other kind of libertarian. It simply doesn't work. Doug Wead apparently needs to pick up a dictionary and reacquaint himself with the definition of libertarianism.

"The greater good" as a concept is irreconcilable with even the most weak-tea brand of individualism or libertarianism you can point to, because it's an entirely Marxist invention. What's next...are we going to allow people who believe in gun control and progressive taxation to call themselves "libertarians" too?

This is just B.S by Doug Wead. Rand was on record before he ever ran for political office as supporting the full legalization of all drugs. He just has to down play and water down his position on those issues to not upset all of these older voters within the Republican Party. That doesn't mean that he supports marijuana prohibition if you actually knew what he really believed.

Lucille
02-25-2015, 02:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oSWlWzw.gif

https://prisoneractivist.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/prison-pooulation-growth.jpg?w=615&h=475

Todd
02-25-2015, 02:26 PM

You realize the Doug is talking to the Republican vote?

None of us here would vote for Reagan, so it's clearly not for US. Do you really think hes trying to convince Liberatrians?

AuH20
02-25-2015, 02:36 PM

https://prisoneractivist.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/prison-pooulation-growth.jpg?w=615&h=475

I really question why more people are using illegal drugs and prescription drugs as well. It's not just the imprisonment issue. The people are damaged and the corrupt authorities are making billions upon billions off this frailty.

tommyrp12
02-25-2015, 02:36 PM

The son agrees, then openly takes a opposing stance? This must all be a part of "The Plan". Yeah, this is going to win him allot of votes considering the amount of states voting the opposite way. Not that the states should even have a role in making personal decisions about ingesting whatever it is the individual is considering ingesting,Cannabis or otherwise. I hope this is just some PR bullshit to make boobus feel secure that they wont have Cannabis oil mainlined into their veins by force if we repeal prohibition on all drugs. Until he starts making some statements for personal liberty and non-intervention and drops the whole Reagan comparison as if it means anything to todays youth. I think ill withhold my vote if he is serious about taking up such a stance.

This needs posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Eca-INIOw

orenbus
02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
http://www.dawgpoundnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/wpid-brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

erowe1
02-25-2015, 02:57 PM
No no no no NO!!! You CANNOT simultaneously call yourself a libertarian and ...

He doesn't call himself a libertarian. Where have you been?

r3volution 3.0
02-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Guys guys, chill.

How did you expect him to explain Rand's deviations?

"O, well, he's really a hardcore libertarian like his Dad, he's just lying to fool boobus."

That's obviously the truth of it, but one cannot say that in public.

https://i.imgflip.com/i46e2.jpg

Brian4Liberty
02-25-2015, 03:05 PM
This is just B.S by Doug Wead. Rand was on record before he ever ran for political office as supporting the full legalization of all drugs. He just has to down play and water down his position on those issues to not upset all of these older voters within the Republican Party. That doesn't mean that he supports marijuana prohibition if you actually knew what he really believed.

No one has asked yet for a Rand quote where he favors Federal drug prohibition. I wonder if there is such a quote?

William Tell
02-25-2015, 03:06 PM
No one has asked yet for a Rand quote where he favors Federal drug prohibition. I wonder if there is such a quote?

Read it again, Doug did not say Rand supports federal drug laws, he suggested he supports local drug laws.

sam1952
02-25-2015, 03:08 PM

None of us here would vote for Reagan, so it's clearly not for US. Do you really think hes trying to convince Liberatrians?

^^ this ^^

Matt Collins
02-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Not really impressed with this article by Doug. Its just Reagan cliches, and playing down how pro liberty Rand is.
Doug is talking to mainstream Republicans who hold Reagan in high regard.

Brian4Liberty
02-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Read it again, Doug did not say Rand supports federal drug laws, he suggested he supports local drug laws.

Ah, you are probably right. In the context of "greater good", I misinterpreted that as being at the Federal level.

That is a very fine line. Once you are talking about local level, it's a matter of specific issues. Should there be a local law against selling heroin to children? Ron and Rand both might say "yes". Should there be a law against children selling lemonade? Both might say "no". Should people be able to grow their own pot and smoke it? Both might say "yes".

presence
02-25-2015, 03:20 PM
a b or c?

mealymouthed
mealymouthed

or

mealymouthed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>......

I miss the liberty movement, I was never ashamed to be a part of it.

TaftFan
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Stop capitalizing libertarian!

orenbus
02-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Stop capitalizing libertarian!

^ this

Sola_Fide
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
That was bad bad bad...

Brett85
02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Well, this is the first comment on Doug's post, which kind of shows you how this kind of "watered down view" helps Rand politically and why he's doing it.

Delighted to know Rand is not in favor of marijuana legalization. I am convinced that we would be in danger of serious national decline if we allow another industry that facilitates addiction. Thanks, Doug for parsing the differences between these two fine men.

BuddyRey
02-25-2015, 05:36 PM

Would you feel similarly comfortable supporting a libertarian who, running as a Democrat, felt the need to court his party's voters by having his advisors write puff pieces entertaining the base's addle-brained superstitions vis a vis gun laws, education, and carbon taxes? We are "practical libertarians" after all.

Brett85
02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Would you feel similarly comfortable supporting a libertarian who, running as a Democrat, felt the need to court his party's voters by having his advisors write puff pieces entertaining the base's addle-brained superstitions vis a vis gun laws, education, and carbon taxes? We are "practical libertarians" after all.

Good point. I think it's just different since Rand is Ron's son, and we know what Ron believes, that Rand grew up listening to Ron and has campaigned for Ron in all of his runs for President.

ghengisconrad
02-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Would you feel similarly comfortable supporting a libertarian who, running as a Democrat, felt the need to court his party's voters by having his advisors write puff pieces entertaining the base's addle-brained superstitions vis a vis gun laws, education, and carbon taxes?

Yes. I would.

cajuncocoa
02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Would you feel similarly comfortable supporting a libertarian who, running as a Democrat, felt the need to court his party's voters by having his advisors write puff pieces entertaining the base's addle-brained superstitions vis a vis gun laws, education, and carbon taxes? We are "practical libertarians" after all.Good point.

satchelmcqueen
02-25-2015, 09:42 PM
in other news....ric flair just turned on sting, and kicked him out of the 4 horsemen.

Smitty
02-25-2015, 10:14 PM
next,..

philipped
02-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Delighted to know Rand is not in favor of marijuana legalization. I am convinced that we would be in danger of serious national decline if we allow another industry that facilitates addiction. Thanks, Doug for parsing the differences between these two fine men.

Something is seriously up with people if this is how people feel about Marijuana legalization. Maybe RPF can help me find the weed junkies who are committing prostitution to inject more marijuanas in their veins.

Brett85
02-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Something is seriously up with people if this is how people feel about Marijuana legalization.

Yeah, it is. But that kind of attitude probably still represents the majority of Republican voters.

Sola_Fide
02-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Yeah, it is. But that kind of attitude probably still represents the majority of Republican voters.

That's part of it. But the other part of it is the millions of voters who love freedom and are against this police state (me included, who is a Christian who is against drugs) who can grow the party and bring weight to his position.

Saint Vitus
02-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Guys guys, chill.

How did you expect him to explain Rand's deviations?

"O, well, he's really a hardcore libertarian like his Dad, he's just lying to fool boobus."

That's obviously the truth of it, but one cannot say that in public.

https://i.imgflip.com/i46e2.jpg

He's not a hardcore libertarian like his dad, and he's not lying to fool voters. You have no proof that he is lying or misleading voters on his real beliefs.

orenbus
02-26-2015, 08:55 AM
in other news....ric flair just turned on sting, and kicked him out of the 4 horsemen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11H_sWxJtk

Millennial Conservatarian
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Represents the majority of Republican voters who actually vote on primary day? Most likely. But the GOP is now polling as basically 50/50 on Weed legalization. Problem is the young Republicans who support legalization are like us and are so sick of the GOP and it's BS that they won't come out for Republicans

Brett85
02-26-2015, 09:43 AM
He's not a hardcore libertarian like his dad, and he's not lying to fool voters. You have no proof that he is lying or misleading voters on his real beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Otoh4NpHo

r3volution 3.0
02-26-2015, 01:33 PM

There is never any "proof" of anyone's real motives.

Ron Paul could have been a KBG agent for all you know. For all I know, you could be a KGB agent.

:cool:

Point is, we only ever know other people's motives only through intuition (contra proof), and mine is that Rand is identical to Ron (except possibly on a few minor foreign policy issues, where I think there may be some genuine disagreement). Believe what you like..

CaptUSA
02-26-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that.Probably the best thing to do.

Listen, if you didn't like that article, it's because it wasn't written for you.

The rest of you guys need to remember exactly what it is we're trying to accomplish here. Rand's team could certainly throw us red meat, but it is much more effective when it is thrown to the GOP base.

FSP-Rebel
02-26-2015, 01:57 PM
The rest of you guys need to remember exactly what it is we're trying to accomplish here. Rand's team could certainly throw us red meat, but it is much more effective when it is thrown to the GOP base.
I guess we need to have this little reminder at times to keep everyone on the same page if, in fact, it's possible at all.

rich34
02-26-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't think you can knock the guy to bad, especially when this message may not necessarily be tailor made for Ron's most hardcore supporters. Could be another attempt to reach outside of the coalition that Ron Paul and bring more people in for team Rand. Just a guess, but like Rand, he's no dummy.

Vanguard101
02-27-2015, 02:49 PM
This article is stupid. Rand Paul is not Reagan. Rand Paul is Rand Paul. Rand Paul's foreign policy is not different than Ron Paul's to a significant degree. The only difference between Rand and Ron is Rand Paul is interesting in advancing Libertarianism through public policy. This means you often must make concessions and statements that are anti-liberty, or water down your beliefs by stating what you actually would do. Shouting out "End the Fed" or "Bring our Troops Home" is not a strategy. This is the Ron Paul way. A strategy for reducing foreign involvement would be constitutionally declaring what wars we are in or should be, while rapidly bringing all of our troops home that are not involved in constitutional wars. Rand Paul displayed this with his ISIS strategy.

RichardAlpert
02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
i don't understand people hating this article. this is written for the republicans, not libertarians. i believe it's very well-written and very well-timed FOR your average GOP voter, explaining our positions (especially those on which we get hammered on, Non-interventionist foreign policy and the Federal Reserve)

we will not win the GOP primary if we don't sway your average republican and help them see the light. the libertarian base of the GOP, unfortunately, is just not enough (as we have seen in 2008 and 2012)

H. E. Panqui
02-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Most Republicans/tea partiers/conservatives that I know are miserable gd destructive fools, hypocrites, etc. on many/most issues...monetary ignoramuses, warmongers, drug warmongers, etc...

...many/most of the 'conservative' activists i know can frequently be found bloviating about 'freedom' and 'the constitution' :rolleyes:...as they have made a gd fool federal case out of people exercising their obvious [individual] freedoms/rights to grow god's seed-bearing plants and use them as they see fit, etc. ad nauseam...without permission from the gd fool republicrat apparatchiks..

...btw, WHY WOULD ANYONE CALL THEMSELVES 'CONSERVATIVE'?!..do you really 'oppose change?!'... :confused:

...hint for Republicreeps: more webster's, less hannity, beck, limbaugh, jones, etc.. ;)

Brett85
02-28-2015, 11:16 AM
btw, WHY WOULD ANYONE CALL THEMSELVES 'CONSERVATIVE'?!..do you really 'oppose change?!'... :confused:

Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.

Christian Liberty
02-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.

Yeah, I wouldn't identify as either anymore either. I'll stick with just "Christian", though I still agree with most libertarians way more than most conservatives.

goRPaul
03-01-2015, 01:09 AM
The way I see it, the major difference between Ron and Rand is Ron had full allegiance to the philosophy he preached while Rand has full allegiance to the party he's in. Rand may have been a full on libertarian at one time, but that vanished some time before he decided to run for the GOP's nomination for senator.

Vanguard101
03-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Where did we get this crazy idea that Ron is a hardcore libertarian? He isn't. He's more constitutional than libertarian. He isn't even a minarchist.

H. E. Panqui
03-03-2015, 07:24 AM
Brett85 writes: 'Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.'

(I can understand why decent, knowledgeable people despise 'conservatives'/conservatism..i.e. 'people who want to maintain the status quo' (please see dictionary, Republican/conservative illiterates)...but why would a decent, knowledgeable person badmouth 'libertarians/libertarianism?'...:confused:

...granted, the term/concept 'libertarian' has been REPEATEDLY butchered by the likes of Glenn Beck, Kneel Boor, etc. stinking Republicans galore...but decent, knowledgeable people aren't fooled by fools.. ;)

Brett85
03-03-2015, 08:10 AM
(I can understand why decent, knowledgeable people despise 'conservatives'/conservatism..i.e. 'people who want to maintain the status quo' (please see dictionary, Republican/conservative illiterates)...but why would a decent, knowledgeable person badmouth 'libertarians/libertarianism?'...[/COLOR]:confused:

...granted, the term/concept 'libertarian' has been REPEATEDLY butchered by the likes of Glenn Beck, Kneel Boor, etc. stinking Republicans galore...but decent, knowledgeable people aren't fooled by fools.. ;)

I don't have a problem with the concept, just the term. If you call yourself a libertarian, there are too many people who say something like, "oh, so you're a pro choice Republican." Most people don't understand what the word means.

H. E. Panqui
03-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Admittedly, I have a rare soft-spot for 'libertarians'...(the 'good', 'real' 'libertarians'...yeah i know..)

...they were the first people associated with [stinking] 'politics' and government who taught me/introduced me to essential concepts:...that the essence of government is 'force/violence and fraud, and/or the threat of force/violence, fraud...

...that there are essentially two ways to get someone to do what you want: persuasion or coercion/force (i.e. 'government')..and that peaceful, wise libertarians advocate the former while the gd fool republicrat 'authoritarians' are continually and ignorantly advocating the latter...

...that the INITIATION of force/government is virtually always wrong..

...their desires for complete government transparency and a government of 'umpires' (to the extent we need umpires), not 'players'...honest notions about 'non-interventionism' vs. 'isolationism'..and many other clear-headed concepts I have become aware of because of people who called themselves 'libertarian'..

...and although i find even most libertarians ignorant of 'monetary realism', there are waaaaay more $knowledgeable libertarian$ than republicrat$..

AuH20
03-03-2015, 09:57 AM

That's why I refer to myself as Paleoconservative whenever I meet someone.

LawnWake
03-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm an untraditional, pro-intellectual, unreligious voluntaryist. But I kinda recognize that my political beliefs are on the conservative spectrum in America and I don't mind being associated with the conservative movement, even if I'm the furthest from the social traditionalism that people associate with it (I'm outside of the political spectrum here in Europe -- or probably just a product of Bastiat's tradition).

I think libertarians at large should abandon the word 'anarcho-capitalism' for voluntaryism. It's less of a loaded term and I don't think that being anti-state entirely necessarily makes you an anarchist. The philosophical foundations of anarchism and anti-state libertarianism are so different. Incompatible even.

Political terminology is funny.

green73
03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Rand Paul Adviser Goes Full Neocon on Netanyahu Speech

Doug Wead, a Rand Paul adviser, who attended the key November 2014 Rand Paul strategy meeting held in order to map out a Rand presidential bid, appeared on FOX News with Neal Cavuto and promoted, hook, line and sinker, the Netanyahu message. Bizarrely, he even compared Iran to the mass killers Idi Amin and Pol Pot, and found Iran failing in comparison to them. Now, that's how you sling propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpSfbQPUB0Y

www.targetliberty.com/2015/03/rand-paul-introduces-stand-with-israel.html

H. E. Panqui
03-06-2015, 04:13 PM
....good grief!!!...is this 'doug wead' the fellow about whom a ?bunch of rand paul supporters here? were recently gushing?!?...say it ain't so, rand!...:eek:...(yikes!!...this wead guy sounds like he gets his shtick from the michael (weiner) savage show...red-@ss baboon embarrassment!...:eek:

Ralph Coffman
03-09-2015, 11:44 AM
WTF is going on with Rand and his Rahm Emmanuel guy Doug Weed? When you want to be president so bad that you become a Brown Nose Licker who out War Mongers the Terrorist War Mongers themselves then buddy it's time to ask some real hard questions of this up & coming Future Mass Murderer who wants to direct "MY" Country. I don't want to go back to the Stone Age or even the Middle Ages. I want to claim my God given Birthright of Heaven on Earth. I am tired of all the Manipulation Propaganda Lies and Secrets that program us psychologically to hate a convenient enemy! How come these Hate/War Mongers are allowed to spew forth their Vitriol. Isn't Hate Speech a Crime??? But that doesn't matter in our Lawless Government run from the shadows, cracks & crevices of the Sewers of D.C. and elsewhere. Rand is like so many others before him, satisfied to warm a seat in Congress with the personal hope that if he plays his cards right he will move up the political ladder. Rand isn't Ron! Hell he voted for Mitt Romney over his own Father. Thanks a lot Rand. Here I was out in a Snow Storm meeting with Ron Paul when he came to Bangor. My Friends held up signs saying, 'Ron Paul Can Win' while you, Dandy Randy, stuck us all in the Back. No wonder Ron was discouraged. Yeh. I talked with him privately after I got him away from his security guys for a one on one and he seemed to be on a downer. Well it never was about Ron and now its not about Rand either. It's about the issues, Real Issues that matter and can change our World for the Better. I have been tired of seeing Death & Destruction carried out by a hijacked American Government since the Vietnam War (Actually, Mass Murder/Genocide would be a better description). I graduated in 68 right in the middle of Mass Murder and Genocide. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it now! I tried to stop it then and my resolve to stop it now has just grown more fierce over time. This hatred towards Iran and Russia and Syria benefits the International Gangster Banksters and their worldwide Mafia. These Elite are programming you to hate who they choose for their ultimate benefit. There is a Cult of Delusional Psychopaths at the top responsible for all the pain, misery, suffering, and Death that we see all around us. They need to be brought down, not 2 years from now but right NOW. Today. What is Rand doing Today? Looks like he's kissing and fondling the very ones he should be Karate Chopping in the Throat. All you believers, Rand included, believing that the Republican Party will deliver are going to be disappointed Again!!! The Republican Party Gang and the Democrat Party Gang are Both Crime Syndicates full of Criminals, Mass Murderers, Traitors, Foreign Agents and Delusional Psychopaths. Do you think that they would allow a Free, Honest, and Open Election if it meant them loosing their control? Never Happen. They just need another "Remember the Maine", or "Kennedy Assassination", or "NYC 911", or "USS Liberty", or another Pearl Harbor". There won't be another election. You ever hear of Martial Law? You have No rights. Absolutly None... Mass arrests and assassinations and disappearings will be common. etc.etc.etc. I've lived this way carrying humans and body parts away from Government Snipers. Getting beat up numerous times by Secret Police & Reg Police and arrested and tried multiple times. etc is not something that I would reccommend to anyone. The non-military civilian population is the ones who suffer and die the most. The time has come when we must stand and fight today! Everyday. We need to stop these Religious Cults and Delusional Psychopaths from destroying our World and Humanity.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
....good grief!!!...is this 'doug wead' the fellow about whom a ?bunch of rand paul supporters here? were recently gushing?!?...say it ain't so, rand!...:eek:...(yikes!!...this wead guy sounds like he gets his shtick from the michael (weiner) savage show...red-@ss baboon embarrassment!...:eek:

Brett85
03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Rand isn't Ron! Hell he voted for Mitt Romney over his own Father. Thanks a lot Rand. Here I was out in a Snow Storm meeting with Ron Paul when he came to Bangor. My Friends held up signs saying, 'Ron Paul Can Win' while you, Dandy Randy, stuck us all in the Back.

I hate to say this, but if you really think that Ron Paul could've "won" at that point, then you're just completely delusional.

Jamesiv1
03-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Probably the best thing to do.

Listen, if you didn't like that article, it's because it wasn't written for you.

^^This

Guided by cool heads like Doug Wead, I picture Team Rand sitting in meetings with a white board saying, "Ok. What are the issues? Let's brainstorm and put them all on the board. Now let's prioritize 1 thru 20 (or whatever) and come up with the top 5 or 6 that are no compromise and we will use those for the campaign foundation. And the ones in the middle we can hedge a little, and the ones at the bottom we'll use for red meat to the GOP base. Sound good?" and the people say "Hell yeah Doug! Sounds great!"

Makes sense.

MaxPower
03-10-2015, 01:55 AM

I hope you're aware that Rand has openly pushed for ending federal prison sentences for drug violations, reducing drug penalties to things like fines, fully legalizing medical marijuana, etc. He doesn't publicly support complete drug decriminalization because it would be devastating to his political standing, but he takes positions-- both in words and in legislation-- which do, in fact, serve to combat the War on Drugs, which he has, in fact, expilcitly denounced as an entity (see, for example, his interview with Bill Maher a couple months back).

MaxPower
03-10-2015, 02:30 AM
WTF is going on with Rand and his Rahm Emmanuel guy Doug Weed? When you want to be president so bad that you become a Brown Nose Licker who out War Mongers the Terrorist War Mongers themselves then buddy it's time to ask some real hard questions of this up & coming Future Mass Murderer who wants to direct "MY" Country. I don't want to go back to the Stone Age or even the Middle Ages. I want to claim my God given Birthright of Heaven on Earth. I am tired of all the Manipulation Propaganda Lies and Secrets that program us psychologically to hate a convenient enemy! How come these Hate/War Mongers are allowed to spew forth their Vitriol. Isn't Hate Speech a Crime??? But that doesn't matter in our Lawless Government run from the shadows, cracks & crevices of the Sewers of D.C. and elsewhere. Rand is like so many others before him, satisfied to warm a seat in Congress with the personal hope that if he plays his cards right he will move up the political ladder. Rand isn't Ron! Hell he voted for Mitt Romney over his own Father. Thanks a lot Rand. Here I was out in a Snow Storm meeting with Ron Paul when he came to Bangor. My Friends held up signs saying, 'Ron Paul Can Win' while you, Dandy Randy, stuck us all in the Back. No wonder Ron was discouraged.
This has already been pointed out-- perhaps literally-- a million times, but to try yet again:
Rand supported his father over Romney-- not the other way around-- until it was a mathematical lock that Romney would win the nomination, and only then did he issue a lukewarm endorsement of Romney as preferable to Obama.

56ktarget
03-10-2015, 04:16 AM
The difference between Ron and Rand:

One is principled, one is not.

Ralph Coffman
03-11-2015, 06:16 AM
What Gives? I just noticed that H.E.Panqui has been banned. I don't get it. I remember meeting him when we were all together supporting Ron Paul. Hell he even filled his car to go to the Rep Convention at the Augusta Civic Center in 2012. Remember that. Ron won by 4 votes! That's how many voters he brought down with him. Panqui and his like minded friends braved snowstorms to support Ron Paul's issues even as far back as 2008 What does one have do or be in order to have freedom of speech on this site. Who runs this show anyway, Eric Holder or Michael Chertoff? Come on guys, this is Bullshit. We ain't kids here. Our country has effectively been taken over with the aim to destroy us. Panqui is one of the few of us that really knows what is going on especially with Monetary Issues! Why would you silence his voice??? I for one have always enjoyed his views and found his info educational. I even enjoy his humor which evidently you don't get. We aren't going to fix "OUR" Country if you silence voices like Panqui. Lighten up...

alucard13mm
03-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Time to say this... a few if you guys will still be on this forum to whine and complain after 2016, when Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush is president for 2 terms or 8 years.

We know hillary is evil. We know bush is evil. What we dont know is if rand is evil or good. But being unsure the potential president is evil is better than being sure about it. I would say, at the very least, rand is the lesser of many evils. A true lesser of evils.

To know if rand is working for the bad guys... look at how the media treats him. Even a senator is not immune to getting the ron paul treatment... like winning cpac and not getting much attention from it.

LawnWake
03-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Yeah, America wasn't ready for the Ron Paul revolution. But it might be ready for the Rand Paul reform. Babysteps.

AuH20
03-11-2015, 08:38 AM
What Gives? I just noticed that H.E.Panqui has been banned. I don't get it. I remember meeting him when we were all together supporting Ron Paul. Hell he even filled his car to go to the Rep Convention at the Augusta Civic Center in 2012. Remember that. Ron won by 4 votes! That's how many voters he brought down with him. Panqui and his like minded friends braved snowstorms to support Ron Paul's issues even as far back as 2008 What does one have do or be in order to have freedom of speech on this site. Who runs this show anyway, Eric Holder or Michael Chertoff? Come on guys, this is Bullshit. We ain't kids here. Our country has effectively been taken over with the aim to destroy us. Panqui is one of the few of us that really knows what is going on especially with Monetary Issues! Why would you silence his voice??? I for one have always enjoyed his views and found his info educational. I even enjoy his humor which evidently you don't get. We aren't going to fix "OUR" Country if you silence voices like Panqui. Lighten up...

I didn't mind Panqui, but he was overly confrontational with some of the personal attacks as if we are working for the enemy.

Ralph Coffman
03-14-2015, 01:34 PM
I didn't mind Panqui, but he was overly confrontational with some of the personal attacks as if we are working for the enemy. - Unless we start talking about the number #1 issue, MONEY, then nothing else we do, even waiting for Rand in 1017, will matter!!! That, I am in total agreement with Panqui. Same with being part of either the Republican Party Crime Gang or the Democrat Party Crime Gang....... We shouldn't be encouraging them. We should be Boycotting them...